Who would take over?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Who do you think took over snape as hogwarts headmaster when he died? Or who would you would you think is qualified to take over as headmaster...however you wanna put it

Lana
McGonagall. She is the deputy headmistress after all.

steverules
Well...I thought she retired as headmaster before or something?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lana
McGonagall. She is the deputy headmistress after all.
Aye... No doubt there.

Lana
Originally posted by steverules
Well...I thought she retired as headmaster before or something?

Umm...no? She took over in CoS when Dumbledore was forced out and the only reason she didn't in OotP was because of Umbridge and the Ministry.

19 years later there's someone else in charge but there's no doubt that McGonagall becomes the headmistress.

steverules
Oooh I see, ok

darthsith19
Actually, in an interview, Rowling says that McGonagall retired after book 7, so she didn't become headmistress. Maybe Flitwick? Or else Sprout, since Neville became the Herbology teacher? I doubt Hagrid did, and then somebody unknown could very well have taken over.

Blue_Hefner
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kingsley or some other member of the Order, or Harry.

Barker
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kingsley or some other member of the Order, or Harry.
Kingsley became Minister.

Lana
Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, in an interview, Rowling says that McGonagall retired after book 7, so she didn't become headmistress. Maybe Flitwick? Or else Sprout, since Neville became the Herbology teacher? I doubt Hagrid did, and then somebody unknown could very well have taken over.

No. That is not what was said. And I covered this already.

By the time of the epilogue (also known as 19 years later) McGonagall had retired. Nothing says she did right away. And considering the shambles everything was in, I don't see her just retiring anyway. She's the type who would do all she could to put things right.

tigress
JK left too many things unexplained as always she so needs to do an epilogue book she should be a slytherin lol

willRules
Rowling said in a book 7 interview that an unknown, new character would become headmaster/headmistress and it would be dealt with in the encyclopedia that she might make yes

H. S. 6
The most probable answer is that McGonagall took over for a time, and then retired due to her age.

Unicor777

RoguePw25
Originally posted by tigress
JK left too many things unexplained as always she so needs to do an epilogue book she should be a slytherin lol

Now that's the truth. Out of 7 books, I can't believe that the epilogue was as shabby as it was. Way too much was left out, who was headmaster is only one of the many questions I was left wondering. With the wizardy world in the shape that it was in (total chaos) I was really interested in how they recooperated. In this case, it would have been great to see how Hogwarts was. Did parents refuse to let their kids return? What about Professors, etc.?

With the epilogue being 19 years later, it would have been great to see who the headmaster was.

willofthewisp
Does anyone have a clue on the careers that Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had? I was anxious to know what they had made of themselves in the wizarding world. I just wasn't as in to "oh, look at the kids going to Hogwarts."

hom3r
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does anyone have a clue on the careers that Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had? I was anxious to know what they had made of themselves in the wizarding world. I just wasn't as in to "oh, look at the kids going to Hogwarts."

I think this was it.

Harry - Auror

Ron - Work for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, then later becomes an Auror

Hermione - Works for the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. then later moves to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Ginny - Played for the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team for a time, then leaves to establish a family with Harry and later becomes the lead Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.

Those are Rowling commentary herself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.