superman,black adam vs darkseid,orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
fight takes place on apokolips. no outside interference.

who wins this?

outavodka
seeing how Orion smashes BA very easily it becomes a Superman slaughter for all.

Deathstroke
I'll say team 2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by outavodka
seeing how Orion smashes BA very easily it becomes a Superman slaughter for all. how could orion smash adam at all let alone easily. roll eyes (sarcastic)

first off orion is being written like a mjor pansy. titanium boxes give him fits. let alone ds who hand waves him into defeat. black adam would literally rock orion.

he light him up. i dont know if darkseid could beat supes. if he could black adam would finish him off. ds cant take a punch.

guy222
bumprav

comicfan11
Team 2 ftp.
Orion and DS have oneshotted Supes before and can do it again.
BA is at best Superman level.

Batman-Prime
DS should win this one alone, properly written.

Raoul
team 2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by comicfan11
Team 2 ftp.
Orion and DS have oneshotted Supes before and can do it again.
BA is at best Superman level. How long ago? They fought as recently as countdown 2 and did Ds dominate him?

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
DS should win this one alone, properly written. If Superman is properly written he wins. See this really isnt an argument and you cant say if he is properly written and use this as your point.

zeel
Originally posted by outavodka
seeing how Orion smashes BA very easily it becomes a Superman slaughter for all.

Orion smashes BA easily, i dont see this happening. BA can defeat either superman or orion if properly written. dunno bout Ds though.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
How long ago? They fought as recently as countdown 2 and did Ds dominate him?

If Superman is properly written he wins. See this really isnt an argument and you cant say if he is properly written and use this as your point.

Oh sry i should use arguments like you do. DS >>> Superman, because Superman would loose to Thanos and Thanos is > DS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Better? wink

Jimmy-Chan
How long ago? They fought as recently as countdown 2 and did Ds dominate him?

Darkseid did dominate Superman in Superman: Confidential#8 and #11, both very recently. He also squashed him with Shadow Demons in DOTNG. It's debatable whether or not the Shadow Demons were literally part of Darkseid's "power" based on Superman's comment, but the bottom line was that the scene showcased Superman being defeated by one of the least powerful attacks at Darkseid's disposal. The scene was obviously meant to place Superman lower than DS in the food chain.

As for Countdown, it's ... Weird.

On one hand, Superman was ahead on points and made DS bleed several times. OTOH, Darkseid didn't react seriously to the attacks and the one serious attack he landed left Superman staring at his own blood looking shocked. Before ending the fight, he states that it was amusing for awhile but that he's grown bored of it. It was like the writer was trying to convey that they were peers but also that DS wasn't taking the battle seriously at the same time. The next issues make it weird.

We have DS defeating a Jimmy Olsen who should be above Galactus level at the time (powered by all those New God souls). Then we have Orion dismissing The JLA when they try to interfere and a tough battle where Orion kills DS, but is mortally wounded in the process. I'm not sure if the writer meant for DS to be keeping the omnipotence "on hold" until he fought Olsen, if he was at normal levels the entire time, or if he was still virtually omnipotent the entire time and just amusing himself with the fight against Superman.

It's very hard to say where Darkseid's power level is at the end of Countdown due to the continuity issues between it and DOTNG.

If Superman is properly written he wins. See this really isnt an argument and you cant say if he is properly written and use this as your point.

The way they were written before 2000, I'd give DS the win 8-9/10 against Superman. Since 2000, they've been much more competitive, but I'd still give DS the win 6-7/10. Darkseid is supposed to "crush Superman under his bootheel" during Final Crisis, though, which is going to render the method of "averaging" the characters' portrayals obsolete.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.