Physical strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Cold
What non cosmic being is physically stronger than PC Superman, not faster, not smarter, just stronger.

Hitman911
Hulk can get there if he's pissed enough.

King_Cold
Originally posted by Hitman911
Hulk can get there if he's pissed enough.

Not really.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King_Cold
What non cosmic being is physically stronger than PC Superman, not faster, not smarter, just stronger.

PC Validus, OMEGA from Legion

janus77
Not really.
really. and then some.

Hitman911
Not really.

Umm do you know anything about the Hulk?
He the only character who Doesn't have boundary's on his strength level. Basically saying, if he's pissed enough, there's nothing/no one he can't move/smash/throw/pull/ etc.....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by janus77
really. and then some.

yes, The hulk could reach PC superman lvls,

The day after the end of time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He the only character who Doesn't have boundary's on his strength level. Basically saying, if he's pissed enough, there's nothing/no one he can't move/smash/throw/pull/ etc.....

There is a limit to how much a human being can be enraged, how much they can hate ect. it's the reason why the wish machine created Omega. the Hulk's strength is tied to his HUMAN emotions. They have a limit, thus he does. the Hulk can't pull a galaxy no matter how pissed he gets.

King_Cold

It would take the Hulk 50 million years of getting madder and madder to become strong enough to beat Post-Crisis Superman, who held a black hole in his hand.

Deathstroke
Composite Superman is stronger I believe.

Akuki
To be quite honest there really aren't many, just about all fighters of that level just have powers that have that large an effect, or have reality warping. Would the Fury have that level strength?

darthgoober
He-Man.

Hitman911
I think that is a matter of durability and invunerability rather than sheer strength.

Soljer
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Composite Superman is stronger I believe.

Indeed. He had the strength of THREE pre-crisis Kryptonians, did he not?

starking
Cough"MONGUL"cough.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed. He had the strength of THREE pre-crisis Kryptonians, did he not?
That's what I was thinking.

Pre-Crisis Grundy was stronger too I think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Deathstroke
That's what I was thinking.

Pre-Crisis Grundy was stronger too I think.

Validus and OMEGA. OMEGA, easily the strongest being ever in comics history.

Deathstroke
Who is OMEGA?

King Kandy
Pre-Crisis Mongul was like 3x Superman in strength right?

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Validus and OMEGA. OMEGA, easily the strongest being ever in comics history.

You already mentioned them. We aren't trying to out-do you, but, rather, just answer the question at hand - who is stronger than Pre Crisis Superman.

Or, maybe, Post Crisis Superman.

Who knows? Considering

THAT BOTH PRE AND POST START WITH THE LETTER P!!!!

Jesus, folks.

psycho gundam
popeye, he-man, and shuma-gorath(not cosmic)

King_Cold
I meant Pre-Crisis Superman.

llagrok
Apocalypse.

Rorschach
Composite Superman
Pre-Zero Hour Validus
Omega (Owned Mon-El with one punch)
Pre-Crisis Mongul
Pre-Crisis Amazo

Hannibal-Lector
Classic Juggernaut techniqually although he doesnt have feats to match PC superman.... its just assumed since he has infinite strength

CaptainStoic
I'm going to have to say PC Captain Marvel, if not stronger he was at least as strong, being able to stalemate Supes in an arm wrestling contest. PC Black Adam as well. He-Man. PC Validus. PC Darkseid.
There are more but I can't name them off hand.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by darthgoober
He-Man. Pre-Crisis Superman already f*cked He-Man's sh!t up.

darthgoober
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Pre-Crisis Superman already f*cked He-Man's sh!t up.
He asked who was stronger physically, not who'd win in a fight.

snoopdogg
He asked who was stronger physically, not who'd win in a fight. He-Man certainly didn't look stronger in the H2H fight they had.

darthgoober
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He-Man certainly didn't look stronger in the H2H fight they had.
There wasn't really a test of strength involved in that fight. I mean yeah, Supes put He-Man down pretty quickly but that's more a showing of superior durability than it is a showing of superior strength. He-Man's strength is based on need and is backed by a limitless power source, that means that no matter how strong his opponent is He-Man will always match/exceed him in strength.

Nikkolas
I heard Ultraa KO'ed Supes and all the other heroes.

charlemagne9746
Superman admitted that Mon-El was stronger than he.

severance
popeye with sufficient amounts of spinach

severance
Mighty Mouse

dance

Galan007
Originally posted by Rorschach
Composite Superman
Pre-Zero Hour Validus
Omega (Owned Mon-El with one punch)
Pre-Crisis Mongul
Pre-Crisis Amazo thumb up

Priest
Thanos sly

severance
Question;

Is Superman strength strictly physical. It has been mentioned many times on the forum that there has to be a TK element to or he would not be able to perform strength feats without stuff crumbling under its own weight.

If this is the case then any number of guys are physically stronger. Certainly the Hulk's strength is based physically.

wink1

Galan007
He-Man's strength is based on need and is backed by a limitless power source, that means that no matter how strong his opponent is He-Man will always match/exceed him in strength. I don't follow He-Man..

But has he ever towed a dozen or so planets behind him, with ease? confused

D-Block
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I'm going to have to say PC Captain Marvel, if not stronger he was at least as strong, being able to stalemate Supes in an arm wrestling contest. PC Black Adam as well. He-Man. PC Validus. PC Darkseid.
There are more but I can't name them off hand.

Co-Signed

Galan007
Originally posted by severance
It has been mentioned many times on the forum that there has to be a TK element to or he would not be able to perform strength feats without stuff crumbling under its own weight. Tactile TK is what you're talking about. smile

Priest
Originally posted by severance
Question;

Is Superman strength strictly physical. It has been mentioned many times on the forum that there has to be a TK element to or he would not be able to perform strength feats without stuff crumbling under its own weight.

If this is the case then any number of guys are physically stronger. Certainly the Hulk's strength is based physically.

wink1
the TK is only used to hold the object together. he still would be able to retain his strength if the TK was removed.

Speaking of TK, does anyone know if SuperBoy Prime strength is derived from TK?

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
Speaking of TK, does anyone know if SuperBoy Prime strength is derived from TK? Not that I know of. confused

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
Not that I know of. confused
Same here, but ive been hearing that it was around the forum, but that was a while ago.

savage hulk
There is a limit to how much a human being can be enraged, how much they can hate ect. it's the reason why the wish machine created Omega. the Hulk's strength is tied to his HUMAN emotions. They have a limit, thus he does. the Hulk can't pull a galaxy no matter how pissed he gets.

Stop compare hulk's emotions with human's emotions hulk is not an human, he is a monster with limitless power. Can human lift, jump or heal like hulk?

severance
Originally posted by Priest
the TK is only used to hold the object together. he still would be able to retain his strength if the TK was removed.

Speaking of TK, does anyone know if SuperBoy Prime strength is derived from TK?

Thanks for clarification. Still I'm not sure where physical strength stops and where TK takes over. I've seen scans of Superman pulling the moon. Can any of that be attributed to physical strength? huh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by savage hulk
Stop compare hulk's emotions with human's emotions hulk is not an human, he is a monster with limitless power. Can human lift, jump or heal like hulk?

LMAO. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Xplosive
OMEGA, easily the strongest being ever in comics history.

No.
Yes, he is well beyond Superman, but cosmic beings don't use much of a pure strength in a battle, but would overpower Omega also in a pure strength fight, if they would want to it.
Do you really believe he is physically stronger than let's say Living Tribunal?

So, forget about strongest n comic history, especially forget about, easily strongest in comic history? I mean, where do you get such quotes?

I think Hulk could eventually overpower him in strength.
PC Darkseid was easily stronger than PC Superman. So with that, also Yuga Khan should be easily stronger.
There are more that were already mentioned in this thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Xplosive
No.
Yes, he is well beyond Superman, but cosmic beings don't use much of a pure strength in a battle, but would overpower Omega also in a pure strength fight, if they would want to it.
Do you really believe he is physically stronger than let's say Living Tribunal?

So, forget about strongest n comic history, especially forget about, easily strongest in comic history? I mean, where do you get such quotes?

I think Hulk could eventually overpower him in strength.
PC Darkseid was easily stronger than PC Superman. So with that, also Yuga Khan should be easily stronger.
There are more that were already mentioned in this thread.

UM, THis thread is about pure physical strength. Have you read the story with OMEGA from Legion? YOu thinki the Hulk could out power OMEGA? I just know now you know not of what you speak.

Xplosive
YOu thinki the Hulk could out power OMEGA?

I didn't mean Hulk could overpower Omega.
I meant that I think he could eventually maybe overpower Superman in a pure strength.

This thread is about pure physical strength. Still, Omega is not the strongest in a pure physical strength in a comic history, especially not easily the strongest. I wonder, where did you get that?

I asked you, do you really think that Living Tribunal, Spectre and such, wouldn't be able to overpower Omega in a pure physical strength?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I didn't mean Hulk could overpower Omega.
I meant that I think he could eventually maybe overpower Superman in a pure strength.

This thread is about pure physical strength. Still, Omega is not the strongest in a pure physical strength in a comic history, especially not easily the strongest. I wonder, where did you get that?

I asked you, do you really think that Living Tribunal, Spectre and such, wouldn't be able to overpower Omega in a pure physical strength?

Beings Like The Spectre and The LT don't use physical stength as they are not physical beings. They are abstracts. Thus they dont' count in this thread. The thread starter even stated no cosmic beings and such. Thus Omega would be the strongest being in comics history, under the given thread stipulations.

Xplosive
Thus Omega would be the strongest being in comics history, under the given thread stipulations.

I could agree with that.
Otherwise, is Living Tribunal really an abstract being?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I could agree with that.
Otherwise, is Living Tribunal really an abstract being?

Yes. He's The Ultimate Judgement. He is the One above all's embodiment of balance.

darthgoober
I don't follow He-Man..

But has he ever towed a dozen or so planets behind him, with ease? confused
No but He-Man doesn't really make it into space as much as Supes, he lacks the flight necessary for such a feat, and it's not as if there's ever been the need for him to do so. He-Man's powers are similar to the Hulk, except that instead of him having to get angry for his strength to increase he just has to NEED his strength to increase.

Galan007
No but He-Man doesn't really make it into space as much as Supes, he lacks the flight necessary for such a feat, and it's not as if there's ever been the need for him to do so. He-Man's powers are similar to the Hulk, except that instead of him having to get angry for his strength to increase he just has to NEED his strength to increase. So the principle for his strength to be greater is there, but not the actual feats?

darthgoober
So the principle for his strength to be greater is there, but not the actual feats?
Pretty much. Matching strength with Pre Crisis Supes is about his best strength feat overall. But at least IN THEORY, He-Man should always be a little bit stronger in a no PIS setting.

Galan007
Pretty much. Matching strength with Pre Crisis Supes is about his best strength feat overall. But at least IN THEORY, He-Man should always be a little bit stronger in a no PIS setting. Cool beans.

I'm quite He-Man illiterate, so I thought I'd ask. smile

darthgoober
Cool beans.

I'm quite He-Man illiterate, so I thought I'd ask. smile
You should check out the respect thread Digi and I made for him if you're really curious. He-Man is a weird character to deal with to tell you the truth, he's sub herald overall but in the realm of pure physical strength he's unbeatable by pretty much ANYONE(abstracts excluded of course).

ExtraMision5555
very good point

strengthkills
LMAO. laughing laughing laughing laughing What is so funny about that,If you really think Hulk cant get stronger cause he cant get angrier then I implore you to provide evidence.And by evidence, I mean something other than him get kod or overpowered as soon as he turned into the hulk or where certain stipulations are involved.

strengthkills
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
very good point Its a horrible and unsubstantiated point.

BobbyD
Not really.

His strength is limitless, yes?

As long as he can become infinitely angry, he is, from a physical standpoint the strongest one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by BobbyD
His strength is limitless, yes?

As long as he can become infinitely angry, he is, from a physical standpoint the strongest one.

Wrong. He cannot become infinitely strong. He has ulimited potential to become stronger and stronger. But let's say someone like COmpostie Superman is fightinghim. He would need to fight for such an unlimited time that he would likely die from old age trying to reach those strength lvls.

Faceman
Wrong. He cannot become infinitely strong. He has ulimited potential to become stronger and stronger. But let's say someone like COmpostie Superman is fightinghim. He would need to fight for such an unlimited time that he would likely die from old age trying to reach those strength lvls.

Or blow up..

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by strengthkills
Its a horrible and unsubstantiated point.

Since when did any human being, Super or other wise have infinite emotions?

BobbyD

I understand this, Nvr.

But, if it comes down to just whether or not it is feasibly possible, then it begs to say that the Hulk CAN become stronger. The thread asks who is stronger than PC superman. I would say there are very few, if any.

Now, bringing the Hulk into the equation requires a different stipulation because we all know his strength is related to his rage. That being said, if he has....Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
....ulimited potential to become stronger and stronger.
then it only concludes that he CAN become stronger than PC Superman. The thread does not stipulaute that his anger must be done so during a fight to reach these levels.

Follow?

I know it's semantics, but I think you know what I mean.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I understand this, Nvr.

But, if it comes down to just whether or not it is feasibly possible, then it begs to say that the Hulk CAN become stronger. The thread asks who is stronger than PC superman. I would say there are very few, if any.

Now, bringing the Hulk into the equation requires a different stipulation because we all know his strength is related to his rage. That being said, if he has....
then it only concludes that he CAN become stronger than PC Superman. The thread does not stipulaute that his anger must be done so during a fight to reach these levels.

Follow?

I know it's semantics, but I think you know what I mean.
THe Hulk would die of old age before he ever readed PC superman lvls of strength. PC Superman is a rediculous superhero from writers who had diarreah at the pen.

BobbyD
THe Hulk would die of old age before he ever readed PC superman lvls of strength. PC Superman is a rediculous superhero from writers who had diarreah at the pen.

Understood (if engaged in a fight with a superior being).

But, that does not mean he CAN'T get there. You haven't refuted anything yet.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Understood (if engaged in a fight with a superior being).

But, that does not mean he CAN'T get there. You haven't refuted anything yet.

No need. The Hulk doesn't have any feats in his history to suggest that he can get to those lvls.

BobbyD
No need. The Hulk doesn't have any feats in his history to suggest that he can get to those lvls.

True. ..does not mean it can't happen though still.

I know where you're coming from-honest. But, it is still conceivable nonetheless.

However, as thread is stated the Hulk is not stronger, because I would compare PC Supes to the Hulk at base levels.

strengthkills
Since when did any human being, Super or other wise have infinite emotions? Since when did any of their creators cover that by saying his brain functions differently,Hulks' anger was even said to be boundless for the WWH storyline,so like I said your point is unsubstantited and totally wrong.

strengthkills
THe Hulk would die of old age before he ever readed PC superman lvls of strength. PC Superman is a rediculous superhero from writers who had diarreah at the pen. Stop assuming so much,I would love to know where these misconceptions come from and why people still cling onto them like their life is at stake.

Dgw2007
well his anger is almost unlimited say superman killed somone he loved that would have almost unlimited angerso he would win

PITT_HAPPENS

nvrbeenwthagirl

janus77
yes, The hulk could reach PC superman lvls,

The day after the end of time.
are you just parading your ignorance or your stupidity as well?
it's just very difficult to tell with you.

most versions of Hulk would swiftly tower over PC Superman, in strength, durability and stamina.

llagrok
PC is both post and pre crisis.

Which one are you referring to Janus?

janus77
Originally posted by llagrok
PC is both post and pre crisis.

Which one are you referring to Janus?
the one that most people commonly apply the PC prefix to denote, Pre-Crisis. if it were the other one, it would be hardly worthy of elaboration.

h1a8

llagrok
the one that most people commonly apply the PC prefix to denote, Pre-Crisis. if it were the other one, it would be hardly worthy of elaboration.

Still, hard to believe.

Hulk wouldn't swiftly tower above PC Supes' strength.

h1a8
Now PreC superman's strength has flucuated over his history. So I take that this thread is using his most strongest version. So we shall use the writer (I forget his name) that had him pulling solar systems with ease. With that writer he had no strength limit. For he was infinitely strong. So there is no one that is or was physically stronger than that PreC superman. For there was no weight he couldn't move nor lift (as in the idea of that writer). He was truly infinitely strong. Now other eras of PreC superman may be different.

janus77
Originally posted by llagrok
Still, hard to believe.

Hulk wouldn't swiftly tower above PC Supes' strength.
two things wrong with that statement:

1) Hulk has demonstrated +instantaneous+ increases in strength way past anything most sub-herald characters have - the ripping apart of matter and anti-matter, the shattering of a spacial body twice the size of earth with a punch etc

2) depends what you call swift. I think it'd be a case of Superman kicking/punching Hulk halfway across the solar system - literally, I can't see a proper fight without the planets and their orbits getting rearranged - and then Hulk responding by flinging half of whatever planet he's landed upon, back at PreC Superman, at speeds in excess of light... thereafter, Hulk's strength continues on its exponential rise, while PreC Superman's strength begins to wane as his willpower and spirit continue to hold.

that all takes a few panels, imo. it's "swift" in that we're talking over the course of the initial exchange of blows during a single fight, rather than days or, as never imagines, years/infinity...

King_Cold

1) Hulk has demonstrated +instantaneous+ increases in strength way past anything most sub-herald characters have - the ripping apart of matter and anti-matter, the shattering of a spacial body twice the size of earth with a punch etc

2) depends what you call swift. I think it'd be a case of Superman kicking/punching Hulk halfway across the solar system - literally, I can't see a proper fight without the planets and their orbits getting rearranged - and then Hulk responding by flinging half of whatever planet he's landed upon, back at PreC Superman, at speeds in excess of light... thereafter, Hulk's strength continues on its exponential rise, while PreC Superman's strength begins to wane as his willpower and spirit continue to hold.

that all takes a few panels, imo. it's "swift" in that we're talking over the course of the initial exchange of blows during a single fight, rather than days or, as never imagines, years/infinity...

Separating matter from anti matter is by far the most amazing feat the Hulk has performed, but he still couldn't jump from one planet to another.

h1a8
Separating matter from anti matter is by far the most amazing feat the Hulk has performed, but he still couldn't jump from one planet to another.

That is not a good strength feat. Many think the attraction of matter to anti-matter is undeniable. This is false. It is actually a weak force (look it up).
Something that even moderate magnetical fields are strong enough to do.

llagrok

I think you need some help.

Being shot into an asteroid isn't the same as standing still and punching one in half.

janus77
ill, you are seriously stretching the case for care in the community.
can you show me a scan of him being "shot into an asteroid"?
provide the scan, please.

he was shot into space, he doesn't fly. what happened then was due purely to his strength. he punched the asteroid into pieces.

really, take your pills and have an early night no

h1a8

READ THIS:

It has been stated by marvel that his strength is "proportional" to how angry he gets (y=kx). Meaning linear at best. For example let y=2x where k=2, y is strength level and x is rage level. So for every unit increase of rage then there would be two units of strength increase(and not double, triples, etc).
So if PC superman can lift 2 googol tons (a googol is 1 followed by hundred zeros) and it would take Hulk a googol units of rage increase to lift 2 googol tons. And that's if his k is 2 (his k is most likely higher though). But even if his k is 100000 (his k should be lower than this though) then it would take Hulk 10000000....(95 zeros) units of rage increase to lift 2 googol tons. And that's something I don't think he can achieve in his lifetime.

Now PreC superman's strength has flucuated over his history. So I take that this thread is using his most strongest version. So we shall use the writer (I forget his name) that had him pulling solar systems with ease. With that writer he had no strength limit. For he was infinitely strong. So there is no one that is or was physically stronger than that PreC superman. For there was no weight he couldn't move nor lift (as in the idea of that writer). He was truly infinitely strong. Now other eras of PreC superman may be different.

With agreeing to that,
Now true it can take a small time to get a large degree of scared, angry etc. For example, if you were to look up in the sky and see the moon as large as half the sky then how scared would you be? Very much I hope. Would it take you a long time to reach this level the moment you see it? I think not. So it is understandable how Hulk's level of rage or fear can jump almost instantly. But what you must understand that there is a limit to how much angry or scared he can be. Pretend he has 100 levels of rage and fear. Now it could take seconds to reach the 90th level (if come across a fast big scare) but a much longer time to go from 91-100 (because he is already scared alot and not much can scare him more). For example, when you are scared because you see that the moon is about to hit earth then I don't think you got too much more room to be more scared in you. Do you? The same is with Hulk since he still has human emotions.
So Hulk can jump in strength in mere moments but can not continue it in the same fashion (even he he had ability for infinite rage). But all of this is moot since base Hulk is what the thread requires (current strength levels and not potential ones). Plus I already stated above that a certain Pre Superman had infinite strength.

SeerQris
Not that I am for WWH in any way but can't he like meditate and access certain levels of rage now? Just wondering

King_Cold
Originally posted by h1a8
That is not a good strength feat. Many think the attraction of matter to anti-matter is undeniable. This is false. It is actually a weak force (look it up).
Something that even moderate magnetical fields are strong enough to do.

How do you think matter annihilates anti-matter? Magic?

Their magnetic attraction is so powerful that they hit each other at tremendous speeds, this annihilates both of them. And the The Well Titled Incredible Hulk separated matter from anti matter!

But Superman sneezed and destroyed a solar system.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/690/pctr7sl4.jpg

h1a8
How do you think matter annihilates anti-matter? Magic?

Their magnetic attraction is so powerful that they hit each other at tremendous speeds, this annihilates both of them. And the The Well Titled Incredible Hulk separated matter from anti matter!

Trust me I know a lot about science. I took 3 years of college physics and I did some research. Please ask any physics professor or look it up yourself. The attraction is electromagnetic strength at best and not nuclear (remember there are 4 strengths of fundamental interactions). Writers don't know what the h$%* they are talking about when imply write that it takes tremendous strength to keep matter and antimatter apart. And if you look at discover channel they will tell you that they use moderate magnetic fields to keep antimatter from colliding with matter (Yes we can make anti-matter now).

severance

we have a phrase in England for this kind of strength feat - UTTER BOL
LOX!

It is this sort of thing that makes Superman akin to a Tom and Jerry cartoon

disgust

Kutulu
It has been stated by marvel that his strength is "proportional" to how angry he gets (y=kx). Meaning linear at best. For example let y=2x where k=2, y is strength level and x is rage level. So for every unit increase of rage then there would be two units of strength increase(and not double, triples, etc).
So if PC superman can lift 2 googol tons (a googol is 1 followed by hundred zeros) and it would take Hulk a googol units of rage increase to lift 2 googol tons. And that's if his k is 2 (his k is most likely higher though). But even if his k is 100000 (his k should be lower than this though) then it would take Hulk 10000000....(95 zeros) units of rage increase to lift 2 googol tons. And that's something I don't think he can achieve in his lifetime.

You got it all wrong. It's exponential. Look at Secret Wars when he held up several hundred billion tons of rock. He wasn't even that angry. If what you're saying was true, he would have been crushed, either that or be a drooling lunatic to be able to hold up that much, but he wasn't.

He has moved through telekinetic fields strong enough to move planets before, not even that angry, just pretty angry.

If you wanted to make a formula of Hulk's strength, it would be more of a quadratic function. For example Strength = BaselineStrength factored by anger level. Definitely not a linear equation. So if his anger level was 1, his resting state, then his strength would be 100 tons. If his anger level was a 3, ie agitated, then his strength level would be 100 x 100 x 100 = 1 million tons.

He has moved more than the equivilant of the mass of the Earth, which is roughly 5.98 times 10 to the 24th power. So in this instance, his anger level would be 12 - very very angry.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kutulu
You got it all wrong. It's exponential. Look at Secret Wars when he held up several hundred billion tons of rock. He wasn't even that angry. If what you're saying was true, he would have been crushed, either that or be a drooling lunatic to be able to hold up that much, but he wasn't.

He has moved through telekinetic fields strong enough to move planets before, not even that angry, just pretty angry.

If you wanted to make a formula of Hulk's strength, it would be more of a quadratic function. For example Strength = BaselineStrength factored by anger level. Definitely not a linear equation. So if his anger level was 1, his resting state, then his strength would be 100 tons. If his anger level was a 3, ie agitated, then his strength level would be 100 x 100 x 100 = 1 million tons.

He has moved more than the equivilant of the mass of the Earth, which is roughly 5.98 times 10 to the 24th power. So in this instance, his anger level would be 12 - very very angry.

How do you know how angry he was? Looks don't tell. I was extremely angry many times but no one knew. So you couldn't tell by my face nor my voice. Plus, Hulk always have the same face when he's angry and talks the same too.

And for further proof of this, lets say you're right and Hulk wasn't that much angry when he did those things. But you would surely agree that there were times when he was angrier (Hence your comment "he wasn't even that angry"wink. But why in those times of more angry he was significantly weaker? This contradicts his power as the more angry he gets the more stronger he gets. And why did Hulk many times get overpowered by guys who's strength is greatly insufficient to do the things Hulk did while Hulk was even more angrier fighting them then he was doing those stupid things?
That is how you know this stuff isn't real and that there are contradictions everywhere in marvel. comment here first

So how can we take something as truth when it contradicts everything else? To do this and also to prevent PIS we go by consistent feats that don't contradict each other. And we also can use official bios as evidence too.
And I pointed out that Marvel says it is only linearly (not exponential or quadratic). Are you going to say that they're wrong when they made it up?

lando005
there was a cross over with pc sups and hulk putting them on par with each other in strength anyone with the power gem could be stronger than pc sups

strengthkills
How do you know how angry he was? Looks don't tell. I was extremely angry many times but no one knew. So you couldn't tell by my face nor my voice. Plus, Hulk always have the same face when he's angry and talks the same too.

So how can we take something as truth when it contradicts everything else? To do this and also to prevent PIS we go by consistent feats that don't contradict each other. And we also can use official bios as evidence too.
And I pointed out that Marvel says it is only linearly (not exponential or quadratic). Are you going to say that they're wrong when they made it up?
1.When were you a fictional character.

2.His emotions arent limited,his anger has been stated as boundless.

h1a8
1.When were you a fictional character.

2.His emotions arent limited,his anger has been stated as boundless.

1. Exactly. That is what I'm saying. My post was showing that he couldn't know how angry Hulk was and even if he did it would contradict the very power and definition of Hulk.

2. What do you think I am a fool? It was never stated anywhere on panel that his anger is boundless. Try again. But it could have been stated by say fanboys. So I don't know? confused

strengthkills
1. Exactly. That is what I'm saying. My post was showing that he couldn't know how angry Hulk was and even if he did it would contradict the very power and definition of Hulk.

2. What do you think I am a fool? It was never stated anywhere on panel that his anger is boundless. Try again. But it could have been stated by say fanboys. So I don't know? confused

1.What?No it wouldnt,anger is not the only emotional trigger that causes his strength to escalate,stress does too.

2.Please read Greg Paks interview its boundless bud,and no I dont take you for a fool.But on that same token dont insinuate Im a fanboy cause I know my favorite characters' history in depth and that no matter how some people try and argue that his emotions are limited and his strength
is to I will always have Hulks history to back me up.Hulk has been stated to have a brain that functions differently from humans by Stan Lee himself.So no matter how much "proof"you think you have its always negated by the fact his creator created him to have it.

gogogadgetgo
He-Man.

and She-Ra laughing

rougeredmage
welll here is somthing that you may want to consider how about,,,

Animal Man ? now this may sound very farfetched but i think we know that the pseudo science behind it makes sence. he can gain the abilities of any animal.now we know that some animal can carry large amounts of weight far above there own? perhaps animal man can do the same to beat his own? at the moment is animal realy intune with the red of the entire galaxy?

h1a8
1.What?No it wouldnt,anger is not the only emotional trigger that causes his strength to escalate,stress does too.

2.Please read Greg Paks interview its boundless bud,and no I dont take you for a fool.But on that same token dont insinuate Im a fanboy cause I know my favorite characters' history in depth and that no matter how some people try and argue that his emotions are limited and his strength
is to I will always have Hulks history to back me up.Hulk has been stated to have a brain that functions differently from humans by Stan Lee himself.So no matter how much "proof"you think you have its always negated by the fact his creator created him to have it.

1. Your nitpicking. I didn't in any way imply that anger is the only cause of his strength increase. Trust me I know a lot about Hulk. Please read Janus posts along with mine. I think you are taking my post wildly out of context (you are greatly misunderstanding me). I was just pointing a fallacy that Janus was using when he said that Hulk wasn't that angry when he did xy and z. Now using common sense, anger implies stress. For if Hulk is really angry then he is obviously really stressed too. But Hulk can be stressed (like through fear) and not be that angry.

2. Who is Greg Paks? Only official bios and panel feats count as evidence in this forum. Writers (if that is who Greg is) can have an idea about a character but can easily change their minds. Or another writer can take over with even a different idea. But once they put it on panel then it is etched in stone and cannot be erased. So interviews hold no water.

And as far as "brain functions as different than Human's" doesn't prove that Hulk has boundless anger. It was never mentioned on panel or in official bios. Thus it cannot be brought up as the truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.