Nihilus' Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Well, I managed to dig up their huge quote Traya gives about what Nihilus does. It will thoroughly destroy the Revan knows his power argument.

I'll quote the whole thing but I'll bold and underline the parts you should know if you don't want to read it all.

Kreia: "He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand.{Quietly}Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts.

{Chiding}Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.Nothing is impossible with the Force. It is an energy that flows through all living things. And like energy, it may be harnessed, channeled, and consumed at times. It may even be a substance that can burn and ignite.Do not think of his power as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did. As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely. Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended.It is an empty road to the dark side, and by traveling it, the price is death before one's time. "

As you can see, Traya says clearly that the immense power Nihilus has can not be taught. It is an empty road in the dark side and if Revan had the instinct and experienced it, he may be like Nihilus too. Which he isn't so how could he have learned it?

The power is clearly not a Force Drain, though. It requires using the Force Bonds explained in KOTOR II but then severing them and cutting off life itself before feeding on the death caused by this.

Also Kreia says Nihilus and his Assassin's technique must be killed so this power is lost forever. If you could learn it or if Revan had known it, she would have wanted him destroyed it.

Darth Sexy
That doesn't explain anything. You're assuming Revan didn't get it through instinct or experienced it first hand. In fact Nihilus probably experienced it first hand when the mass shadow generator was released, so I see no reason why Revan couldn't have experienced it while pillaging entire cities underground. What you wrote, we already know.

And if you say "well it would have consumed Revan and turned him into Nihilus", remember that Traya could not take being on Malachor V because it corrupted her to a huge degree, while Revan walked on Malachor V and its underground cities for a long period of time, and his strong force connection and will allowed him to NOT be corrupted.

Interestingly enough though, why Malachor V has more of a dark side aura and force echo than Korriban, since Korriban was the resting place of the dark lords and the true sith left Malachor V behind tens of thousands of years ago. More Star Wars plotholes.

Nikkolas
We don't know what allowed Nihilus the experience to learn the power. Your guessing is just that - guessing.

But we know canonically he has it.

As opposed to Revan who never showed ir ot was said to have it nor do we know if he had the experience Nihilus had, since no one ever said what allowed Nihilus to use it.

Also, it's quite funny. The technique you say Revan knew because of what Bane said. About him being afraid of it. Yet Bane would not know of the technique because it can't be taught.

Atticus
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well, I managed to dig up their huge quote Traya gives about what Nihilus does. It will thoroughly destroy the Revan knows his power argument.

I'll quote the whole thing but I'll bold and underline the parts you should know if you don't want to read it all.

Kreia: "He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand.{Quietly}Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake.And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts.

{Chiding}Power? Do you think so?{Shakes head}You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.Nothing is impossible with the Force. It is an energy that flows through all living things. And like energy, it may be harnessed, channeled, and consumed at times. It may even be a substance that can burn and ignite.Do not think of his power as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did. As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely. Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended.It is an empty road to the dark side, and by traveling it, the price is death before one's time. "

As you can see, Traya says clearly that the immense power Nihilus has can not be taught. It is an empty road in the dark side and if Revan had the instinct and experienced it, he may be like Nihilus too. Which he isn't so how could he have learned it?

The power is clearly not a Force Drain, though. It requires using the Force Bonds explained in KOTOR II but then severing them and cutting off life itself before feeding on the death caused by this.

Also Kreia says Nihilus and his Assassin's technique must be killed so this power is lost forever. If you could learn it or if Revan had known it, she would have wanted him destroyed it.

/Users/gregw/Desktop/1186543600114s.jpg

seriosly do we really need another nihlius thread

Thousand
Revan fanboy VS Nihilus Fanboy.

Who shall win? That is the question.

Atticus
well i'm glad your here to tell us that A-hole

Manslayer
Revan ftw. More knowledge of the force than nihilus who only has what? One ability which is truly made of of a few techniques?

Violent2Dope
What the hell makes people think Revan has Nihilus' Force Killer technique? He's never shown it, so people shouldn't just assume that he has it because he has more Force knowledge.

Atticus
nikkiolas please don't make any more nihilius thread its starting to get annoying

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
What the hell makes people think Revan has Nihilus' Force Killer technique? He's never shown it, so people shouldn't just assume that he has it because he has more Force knowledge.

Ill copy and paste it. it is from the sion vs bane thread. i originally said that the thought bomb was not the attack that bane was scared of in revan's holocron and then it went from there. I was orignally talking baout revan's force knowledge or something like that.
here is what i said:

Darth Sexy
I am not saying he has it. I'm saying that it is a VERY logical possibility he possesses it because he was on Malachor for longer than Nihilus and he pillaged the underground cities. I'm not saying he DEFINITELY has it.

xxxpoppunker182
even if revan doesnt have the technique doesnt mean that he doesnt know about it.

Thousand
Originally posted by Atticus
well i'm glad your here to tell us that A-hole

L2S.

Atticus
sorry i was angry i didn't mean it erm

Violent2Dope
Well I'd rather not make an assumption that Revan has access to a technique he's never shown.

Darth Hord
the only attack i say Revan has that he hasn't shown or stated to have actually use is the thought bomb otherwise he can't teach something he doesn't how to use. But the theory does hold something to it that he knew an attack that bane was scared of and im pretty much explained it ain't the thought bomb.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darth Hord
the only attack i say Revan has that he hasn't shown or stated to have actually use is the thought bomb otherwise he can't teach something he doesn't how to use. But the theory does hold something to it that he knew an attack that bane was scared of and im pretty much explained it ain't the thought bomb. I agree that your quote did make sense but since we have no idea what said attack is I just don't think we should assume it's Nihilus' Force Killer.

Darth Hord
who knows what is?

Violent2Dope
who knows what is? I mean since we don't know what technique of Revan's was Bane scared of we shouldn't just assume it's the Force Killer.

Darth Hord
I know and for the record i never said what it was, i even think i said twice in my theory that it aint the thoughtbomb which bane was scared of but something more powerful.

Violent2Dope
I know and for the record i never said what it was, i even think i said twice in my theory that it aint the thoughtbomb which bane was scared of but something more powerful. Oh okay. Nikkolas made it sound like in his first post that people thought Revan knew Force Killer.

Darth Hord
He was just mad because it is possible that he knew it and then someone said something about revan knowing the counter to it and that made him too.

Nikkolas
Repeatedly theorizing that Revan has the ability is tantamount to just coming out and saying he has it.

He DOESN'T have it and nothing any of you can provide says conclusively he does.

Kreia's exact quote on the subject states directly he CAN'T learn it.

Revan does not know Nihilus' ability or a counter to it until any of you can provide a source saying he does.

There's no point beinging up repeatedly an unproven theory. It's worthless in debates of this nature.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Repeatedly theorizing that Revan has the ability is tantamount to just coming out and saying he has it.

He DOESN'T have it and nothing any of you can provide says conclusively he does.

Kreia's exact quote on the subject states directly he CAN'T learn it.

Revan does not know Nihilus' ability or a counter to it until any of you can provide a source saying he does.

There's no point beinging up repeatedly an unproven theory. It's worthless in debates of this nature.

There is a difference between theorizing and coming out and saying it.And did you not notice when i said this?

But i never metioned the force killer which is what me and viliolent were discussing which is what the first part of it what i said was about.
And my theory was orginally about revan's force knowledge against traya in the sion vs bane thread. I don't exactly when it was assumed it was the drain but it is possible because the force killer tech>thought bomb. I think u should reread what i said in that part of the thread.

Violent2Dope
I don't think that Revan knows Force Killer, it is more likely that he knows of it.

Nikkolas
Come again?

Violent2Dope
I mean Revan had a large amount of Force knowledge, so he very well may of known of the technique.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.