Are there any better strength feats than these?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas

Sandai Kitetsu
Superman related feats always make me laugh.

llagrok
Didn't Lobo once lift the entire weight of the universe or something ridiculous like that? When he lifted the 5D box or what it was-

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by llagrok
Didn't Lobo once lift the entire weight of the universe or something ridiculous like that? When he lifted the 5D box or what it was- Wow, DC writers must be kindergartners. erm

illadelph12
What the f**k?

"Gaping Gridzaks"...?

How the hell do you use a giant steel chain to link together multiple planets?

Pre-Crisis gets the gasface. thumb down

Validus
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Wow, DC writers must be kindergartners. erm
You act like it's a DC exclusive thing. Go look at some of Hulk's better feats.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Validus
You act like it's a DC exclusive thing. Go look at some of Hulk's better feats.

Which doesn't even compare to the randomly ridiculous things what supes has done. When has any version of hulk:

-Punch 80,000 years into the future
-Survive Galaxy busting warheads
-Wrestled angels
-moved a trillion times faster than light
-Lift a quintillion tons with one arm

erm

Big Sexy
Which doesn't even compare to the randomly ridiculous things what supes has done. hasn't Hulk thunderclapped a galaxy before?

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Big Sexy
hasn't Hulk thunderclapped a galaxy before?

No, but he did punch so hard that the shock aves were felt in another dimensions.

illadelph12
You know, there's no way to prove that "Collapsed Dwarf Neutron Star" is what PC Supes says it is. It could have simply been a rock. Given the mental instability of Superboy Prime perhaps this Superboy is a nutjob too.

I can't explain how a giant link chain can connect planets in a trail for him to drag behind him though...

Pre-Crisis... confused

Validus
Which doesn't even compare to the randomly ridiculous things what supes has done. When has any version of hulk:

-Punch 80,000 years into the future
-Survive Galaxy busting warheads
-Wrestled angels
-moved a trillion times faster than light
-Lift a quintillion tons with one arm

erm
Hulk has clapped away a cosmos, survived waves of anti-matter, separated matter and anti matter, punched through time storms and other sorts of crazy silver age styled mess.

And really most of those Superman feats aren't bad by comic standards (neither are Hulks).

Punching into the future was done through technology.

The angels that Superman and the JLA fought weren't even that powerful. You're giving them far too much credit if you think its a crazy feat.

Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Majestic, Gladiator, and plenty of other characters can fly at far faster than light speeds. Go check out some Flash comics for insane speed feats. Lets not even mention Pre Crisis Flash.

People think the quintillion tons press is impressive only because of the number but realistically that isn't even planet moving strength that we see demonstrated all the time in comics. Not even close in fact.

Same thing with the galaxy busting war head stuff. Superman is on average the most durable hero in comics but other characters have similar feats. Surfer, GL, Hulk, Gladiator to name a few.

illadelph12
I agree with that last one. Surviving contact with Entropy (The Crunch energies)>>>>Galaxy busting warhead.

And even more cornball...

h1a8
Hulk has clapped away a cosmos, survived waves of anti-matter, separated matter and anti matter, punched through time storms and other sorts of crazy silver age styled mess.

What's a cosmos? Surviving anti-matter is not strength. Separating matter and anti matter only requires magnetic field strength (very weak). Punching through time storms requires no strength but energy manipulation powers (something Hulk has been established to have on a low level).

What technology? I guess we were reading a different comic from you.

How do you know that they weren't that powerful? These are beings of God (with the capitol G) now.

But none of them can travel across the entire universe in a very short moment like superman has done.

Validus
Originally posted by h1a8
What's a cosmos?
Google it
Surviving anti-matter is not strength.
Didn't say it was.
Separating matter and anti matter only requires magnetic field strength (very weak).
Read the book. It was clearly a strength feat.
Punching through time storms requires no strength but energy manipulation powers (something Hulk has been established to have on a low level).
See above.
What technology? I guess we were reading a different comic from you.
We? laughing out loud

Read the book again.
How do you know that they weren't that powerful? These are beings of God (with the capitol G) now.
I read the book (wow, this is a common answer). Clearly beings that were getting thrashed left and right by the JLA in their only showing aren't Godly in power.
But none of them can travel across the entire universe in a very short moment like superman has done.
You're being picky here. Point is plenty of characters can traverse galactic distances in moments. Why is Superman's feat any crazier than the shit Surfer and GL pull in every comic?

Nikkolas
The Hulk endures and then deflects the Night-Crawler's sonic attack which was so powerful it destroys the Dark Cosmos. IH #126
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH126b.jpg
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Crazy-IH126c.jpg

Validus
Gotta say. I am interested to see how people draw the line between feats they deem absurd and those that are ok.

Traversing the galaxy in a second? Cool. The universe? Bullshit. confused

Logically both are ridiculous.

h1a8

illadelph12
So Supes is Gladiator?

Dgw2007
Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Majestic, Gladiator, and plenty of other characters can fly at far faster than light speeds. Go check out some Flash comics for insane speed feats. Lets not even mention Pre Crisis Flash. didn't Albert Einstein have the formula
E=Mc2
witch means

E = the energy equivalent to the mass (in joules),
m = mass (in kilograms), and
c = the speed of light in a vacuum (celeritas) (in metres per second).
witch means then no matter of mass can go light speed so flash can run that fast

Estacado
Lobo lifts the weight of the Universe...haermm

Rorschach
Originally posted by Estacado

Awesome! eek!

That's also a feat for Mxy since he was the one who replicated the weight of a Universe into that Cube.

Estacado
Originally posted by Rorschach
Awesome! eek!

That's also a feat for Mxy since he was the one who replicated the weight of a Universe into that Cube.
Agreed.313

NiņoAraņa
you guys are jerks 131

Estacado
Are you trying to say it's PIS?sly

Priest

thats pretty damn impressive. 313

Estacado
Originally posted by Priest
thats pretty damn impressive. 313
I know...313

Alfheim
Originally posted by illadelph12
What the f**k?

"Gaping Gridzaks"...?

Tell me about it, with his super dog as well, pathetic.

NiņoAraņa
Are you trying to say it's PIS?sly oh yeah. 131

Sandai Kitetsu

All those feats aren't really that surprising considering the guy boast limitless power. As for clapping away a cosmos, when was this?

I'm not complaining about highend feats, just laughing at high end ridiculousness. Does seperating matter from Anti-matter, compare to linking planets with chains and towing them?

When Hulk pulls random uber powers on a regular bases, call me.

And really most of those Superman feats aren't bad by comic standards (neither are Hulks).

Punching into the future was done through technology.

But, they are reallly random, and really ridiculous. I'm waiting for him to lift a Batillion Gazillion tons with his pinky one day.

Plus, tech doesn't change what he did.

The angels that Superman and the JLA fought weren't even that powerful. You're giving them far too much credit if you think its a crazy feat.

Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Majestic, Gladiator, and plenty of other characters can fly at far faster than light speeds. Go check out some Flash comics for insane speed feats. Lets not even mention Pre Crisis Flash.

Yes, I know what they can do, that was not my point. Supes constantly pulls some random uber ability out of his butt just for the sake of winning. Furthermore, if he's a cosmic like a certain people on that list, then why is he an earth based hero?

Also, none of these dudes have gone:

Trillions of times faster than light like supes.
Lift a Quintillion tons
Hotter than hellfire heat vision
Broken the gates of heaven

I mean come on, nevermind that half the people on your list are based of supes erm

People think the quintillion tons press is impressive only because of the number but realistically that isn't even planet moving strength that we see demonstrated all the time in comics. Not even close in fact.

Same thing with the galaxy busting war head stuff. Superman is on average the most durable hero in comics but other characters have similar feats. Surfer, GL, Hulk, Gladiator to name a few.

I don't think it's impressive as much as it's laughable.

Sandai Kitetsu

You're being picky here. Point is plenty of characters can traverse galactic distances in moments. Why is Superman's feat any crazier than the shit Surfer and GL pull in every comic?

Because GL's pretty much do anything with their ring. How is that the same as supes? erm

pr1983
whoa... you can really feel the love for superman in the room... no expression

Priest
Originally posted by pr1983
whoa... you can really feel the love for superman in the room... no expression
yeah most of it is comming from ur SIG stick out tongue

pr1983
yeah most of it is comming from ur SIG stick out tongue

pretty much...

yrs is cool too... what do you think of requiem?

Validus
All those feats aren't really that surprising considering the guy boast limitless power. As for clapping away a cosmos, when was this?
Superman has limitless strength also.

I'm not complaining about highend feats, just laughing at high end ridiculousness. Does seperating matter from Anti-matter, compare to linking planets with chains?
Yes?

But, they are reallly random, and really ridiculous. I'm waiting for him to lift a Batillion Gazillion tons with his pinky one day.
So just because they attach a number, that makes it more ridiculous than planet moving and destroying and what not? That doesn't make sense.

Plus, tech doesn't change what he did.
Using technology specifically made to aid in time travel completely changes what he did. He didn't physically punch his way through time. It's only when you take it out of context that it sounds ridiculous.

Yes, I know what they can do, that was not my point. Supes constantly pulls some random uber ability out of his butt just for the sake of winning.
*yawn*

Standard Superman complaint that hasn't been true since 1970. Superman being stronger and tougher than 95% of other heroes doesn't mean he's pulling powers out his ass. Check out some of the random shit that Thor has done and then we'll talk about pulling powers out your ass.

Furthermore, if he's a cosmic like a certain people on that list, then why is he an earth based hero?
Why does it matter if he's Earth based if he's constantly fighting people on his level of power? Same deal with Thor, Green Lantern, Majestic, etc. Cosmic level guys who mostly dwell on Earth.

Also, none of these dudes have gone:

Trillions of times faster than light like supes.
Green Lantern has.

Lift a Quintillion tons
If you listen to certain Thor fanboys, he can lift the weight of the Earth which is far more than a quintillion tons.

Hotter than hellfire heat vision
Exactly how hot is hellfire anyway? Superman's heat vision is hotter than a star but so is Gladiator's.

Broken the gates of heaven
No but like illadelph said, you have characters that survived entropy.

I don't think it's impressive as much as it's laughable.
I think some of its laughable too but I also don't think crazy, high end feats are exclusive to the S shield.

Priest
pretty much...

yrs is cool too... what do you think of requiem?
its pretty good so far, but i was hoping that Surfer would of spent more time on earth tho sad
it would of ben cool seeing the Hulk's and Namor reaction to the badd news since they we're also defenders.

its a 5 issue series me thinks, i wonder who is Norin going to see for book 4??
I really want Surfer to see thanos tho..But thats unlikely.

Validus

Reported.

Estacado
Reported.
Sucker....haermm

Sandai Kitetsu
Superman has limitless strength also.

I'm sure he does, he has everything afterall.

So just because they attach a number, that makes it more ridiculous than planet moving and destroying and what not? That doesn't make sense.

How does it not make sense, your comparing moving a planet to moving several planets with a chain no less. That makes sense to you? Furthermore, the numbers are ridiculous to compare to anyone. Quintillion tons, and he did with one arm easily, jesus c'mon. erm

Using technology specifically made to aid in time travel completely changes what he did. He didn't physically punch his way through time. It's only when you take it out of context that it sounds ridiculous.
Standard Superman complaint that hasn't been true since 1970. Superman being stronger and tougher than 95% of other heroes doesn't mean he's pulling powers out his ass. Check out some of the random shit that Thor has done and then we'll talk about pulling powers out your ass.

How does getting stronger equate to getting new powers out of nowhwere? Many of the powers he gains are not even relative to his ability, it's like he can gain whatever super power he wants. Thor uses a hammer that acts like a plot device versus supes who is one himself.

Why does it matter if he's Earth based if he's constantly fighting people on his level of power? Same deal with Thor, Green Lantern, Majestic, etc. Cosmic level guys who mostly dwell on Earth.

-Lantern shouldn't even be an earth based hero, never understand why he was.

-Thor is a God

-Majestic is based of supes erm

Green Lantern has.

He's a cosmic erm

And, when was this?

If you listen to certain Thor fanboys, he can lift the weight of the Earth which is far more than a quintillion tons.

Serpent of midgar isn't relative to the earth's weight.

Exactly how hot is hellfire anyway? Superman's heat vision is hotter than a star but so is Gladiator's.

Gladitator is based off supes

No but like illadelph said, you have characters that survived entropy.

I think some of its laughable too but I also don't think crazy, high end feats are exclusive to the S shield.

I never claimed it was, but supes does it the best.

pr1983
its pretty good so far, but i was hoping that Surfer would of spent more time on earth tho sad
it would of ben cool seeing the Hulk's and Namor reaction to the badd news since they we're also defenders.

its a 5 issue series me thinks, i wonder who is Norin going to see for book 4??
I really want Surfer to see thanos tho..But thats unlikely.

i love the book so far, the writing is really good but the art, the art is amazing...

i'd have liked to see him stick around too... i wonder will he visit galactus anytime soon...

Sucker....haermm

i wouldnt do that again if i were you...

Estacado
i wouldnt do that again if i were you...
huh no expression

Validus
I'm sure he does, he has everything afterall.
Yeah, standard flying brick powerset = everything

How does it not make sense, your comparing moving a planet to moving several planets with a chain no less. That makes sense to you?
Ridiculous feats are ridiculous feats. I don't differentiate between feats and say "Well shit, that was crazy but that other feat was crazy x5!!"

Top tier comic book characters are ridiculous. That's just the way it is.
Furthermore, the numbers are ridiculous to compare to anyone. Quintillion tons, and he did with one arm easily, jesus c'mon. erm
So you're still giving the feat more credit than other similar feats just because the writer bothered to attach a number? How is that not asinine? Hercules, Thor, Wonder Woman, Hulk, etc have equal feats to that.
How does getting stronger equate to getting new powers out of nowhwere? Many of the powers he gains are not even relative to his ability, it's like he can gain whatever super power he wants.
Like what? Sorry man, but you're full of it here. Superman punches shit really hard. When that doesn't work, he punches it harder and uses heat vision. When that doesn't work, he punches it even harder, uses heat vision and adds ice breath.

Thor uses a hammer that acts like a plot device versus supes who is one himself.
Pulling out the tough win doesn't make him a plot device. All super heroes do that.
-Lantern shouldn't even be an earth based hero, never understand why he was.
Well he is so thats moot.
-Thor is a God
A god who spends most of his time on Earth. Point?
-Majestic is based of supes erm
You're reaching here.
He's a cosmic erm

And, when was this?
Superman is cosmic. no expression

And in most of their appearances? Kyle crossed the universe and back again in no time at all. Hal went over 100 light years in seconds. They regularly fly from Oa to Earth and vice versa which is quite the distance.
Serpent of midgar isn't relative to the earth's weight.
Nobody can really prove this one way or the other but there is a reason I said Thor fanboys.

Gladitator is based off supes
Again, I don't see the relevance. Why is it that for every character I mention, you make some sort of excuse for them. He's a God, he's cosmic, he's special, etc, etc,. Just save yourself the time and say you don't like Superman instead of coming up with all these excuses.

Point is they're all top tier heroes who function at a similar level.

I never claimed it was, but supes does it the best.
No, not really.

Estacado
Reported.
So you did report me..........you suck.
You can't even take a joke.thumb down

Validus
So you did report me..........you suck.
You can't even take a joke.thumb down
Huh?

SnazzySmurph
Huh? He posted a misleading link... you said "Reported.", Pr came and warned him.

Thusly, you must have actually reported him. srug

Meh.

pr1983
huh no expression

stick out tongue

just dont post anything else like that ok?

lol, val didnt report him... i was reading the thread an happened to click the link... not a pleasant experience... stick out tongue

Estacado
stick out tongue

just dont post anything else like that ok?

lol, val didnt report him... i was reading the thread an happened to click the link... not a pleasant experience... stick out tongue
Oh then sorry Val......

As for you PrYou noob you should just press ctrl+alt+del then close the browserer program then just re-open it.stick out tongue

Sandai Kitetsu
Yeah, standard flying brick powerset = everything

No, but:

-Soul Vision
-Super intellect
-Heat Vision
-Cold Breath
-Faster than light
-T-vo
-super ventriloquism
-Flight
-X-ray Vison
-Super Hypnotism
-1000 years of Martial arts training
-Immune to OE

You name it, he can do it.

Ridiculous feats are ridiculous feats. I don't differentiate between feats and say "Well shit, that was crazy but that other feat was crazy x5!!"

Yeah, that shit was five times as crazy, maybe to you pushing a planet is the same as carying a compressed white dwarf that weighs a trillion tons with gravity comparable to 20 super nova's, being tossed a billion light years away . But, not to me.

Top tier comic book characters are ridiculous. That's just the way it is.

So you're still giving the feat more credit than other similar feats just because the writer bothered to attach a number? How is that not asinine? Hercules, Thor, Wonder Woman, Hulk, etc have equal feats to that.

There's nothing assinine about saying somethinng is more ridiculous than another because it's greater in scale. The fact that you object to that is beyond me. Is faster than the speed of sound comparable to trillions of times faster than light? erm

Like what? Sorry man, but you're full of it here. Superman punches shit really hard. When that doesn't work, he punches it harder and uses heat vision. When that doesn't work, he punches it even harder, uses heat vision and adds ice breath.

Like T-vo and Soul Vision or he pulls out "super I can do anything" to get the job done.

Pulling out the tough win doesn't make him a plot device. All super heroes do that.

All superheroes do not pull random powers through their cheeks.

Well he is so thats moot.

He is because his writers don't use their heads.

A god who spends most of his time on Earth. Point?

Because he's stuck there. erm

And, most of of thors top feats are because of Mjolnir.

You're reaching here.

So are you, by bringing up supe clones. no expression

Superman is cosmic. no expression

He's whatever the writers want him to be.

And in most of their appearances? Kyle crossed the universe and back again in no time at all. Hal went over 100 light years in seconds. They regularly fly from Oa to Earth and vice versa which is quite the distance.

They have cosmic rings that takes it's energy from a near infinite energy source. Besides, I never said I was OK with that, but it's not as bad as supes doing cosmic level feats out of the blue.

Nobody can really prove this one way or the other but there is a reason I said Thor fanboys.

And, what's the point of mentioning fanboy logic in a debate?

pr1983
Oh then sorry Val......

As for you PrYou noob you should just press ctrl+alt+del then close the browserer program then just re-open it.stick out tongue

meh...

No, but:

-Soul Vision
-Super intellect
-Heat Vision
-Cold Breath
-Faster than light
-T-vo
-super ventriloquism
-Flight
-X-ray Vison
-Super Hypnotism
-1000 years of Martial arts training
-Immune to OE

You name it, he can do it.

Yeah, that shit was five times as crazy, maybe to you pushing a planet is the same as carying a compressed white dwarf that weighs a trillion tons with gravity comparable to 20 super nova's, being tossed a billion light years away . But, not to me.

There's nothing assinine about saying somethinng is more ridiculous than another because it's greater in scale. The fact that you object to that is beyond me. Is faster than the speed of sound comparable to trillions of times faster than light? erm

Like T-vo and Soul Vision or he pulls out "super I can do anything" to get the job done.

All superheroes do not pull random powers through their cheeks.

He is because his writers don't use their heads.

Because he's stuck there. erm

And, most of of thors top feats are because of Mjolnir.

So are you, by bringing up supe clones. no expression

He's whatever the writers want him to be.

They have cosmic rings that takes it's energy from a near infinite energy source. Besides, I never said I was OK with that, but it's not as bad as supes doing cosmic level feats out of the blue.

And, what's the point of mentioning fanboy logic in a debate?

wow... illogical, untrue superman hate...

all star superman = one of the best comics of the last year, by grant morrison...

action comics = geoff johns (mr. dc)

superman = kurt busiek... one of comics' best writers...

they're not using their heads? please...

Sandai Kitetsu
Again, I don't see the relevance. Why is it that for every character I mention, you make some sort of excuse for them. He's a God, he's cosmic, he's special, etc, etc,. Just save yourself the time and say you don't like Superman instead of coming up with all these excuses.

Point is they're all top tier heroes who function at a similar level.

Becuase a back story is crucial to an ability. If spiderman started doing the things that supes did, would you be down with it? All characters are not created equal, and this is why these excuses count. Why is supes comparable to individuals who are on a cosmic scale, when he's just an alein who gets his powers from the sun?

Is the Sun comparable to a power ring or Mjolnir? erm

Sandai Kitetsu
meh...

all star superman = one of the best comics of the last year, by grant morrison...

action comics = geoff johns (mr. dc)

superman = kurt busiek... one of comics' best writers...

they're not using their heads? please...

I was talking about lantern when I mention writers, not supes erm

pr1983
I was talking about lantern when I mention writers, not supes erm

same thing applies, geoff johns is writing green lantern...

Sandai Kitetsu
same thing applies, geoff johns is writing green lantern...

Has he been writing lanten since his creation, I'm sure he wasn't the one that decided that lantern should be an earth based hero.

pr1983
Has he been writing lanten since his creation, I'm sure he wasn't the one that decided that lantern should be an earth based hero.

he protects his sector, and happens to be from earth... so naturally that's where he'd spend most of his time... erm

Terryc250
Wow, DC writers must be kindergartners. erm

no kidding, these r the kind of powers i would make for a superhero, if i was like 5 years old

Sandai Kitetsu
he protects his sector, and happens to be from earth... so naturally that's where he'd spend most of his time... erm

His sector encompasses way more than earth, yet we see him stopping low level badies on earth a majority of the time. erm

Originally posted by Terryc250
no kidding, these r the kind of powers i would make for a superhero, if i was like 5 years old

I'm glad someone else's see's that.

pr1983
His sector encompasses way more than earth, yet we see him stopping low level badies on earth a majority of the time. erm

I'm glad someone else's see's that.

he's from earth, so naturally that's where he spends most of his time... a galactic policeman that has earth within his jurisdiction would naturally battle villains on earth...

his predecessor was from another planet, and barely visited earth...

and then there's the fact that earth itself is one of the busiest planets in the galaxy in terms of powered villains, so he has to spend a fair bit of time there...

Scoobless

I normally only put socks on the ignore list but that just pissed me off.

no expression

SnazzySmurph
Pr, could you just edit Estacado's post?

More people are clicking on the damn thing... this is why I always look at the bottom of the window before clicking a link. It tells you the actual address.

Sandai Kitetsu
he's from earth, so naturally that's where he spends most of his time... a galactic policeman that has earth within his jurisdiction would naturally battle villains on earth...

his predecessor was from another planet, and barely visited earth...

I never said he should not handle problems on earth, but considering how powerful a lantern is. They should be part of extinction level threats, there are enough superheroes to handle canon fodder threats.

and then there's the fact that earth itself is one of the busiest planets in the galaxy in terms of powered villains, so he has to spend a fair bit of time there...

Well, of course there going to give him an excuse. erm

Scoobless
Oh then sorry Val......

As for you Pr, You noob you should just press ctrl+alt+del then close the browserer program then just re-open it.

And be forced to close all the other tabs you had open.

Superboy Prime
Whinning about PC Supes...*Shakes head in disappointment*

There is a reason he was put out of continuity, you know?

pr1983
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Pr, could you just edit Estacado's post?

More people are clicking on the damn thing... this is why I always look at the bottom of the window before clicking a link. It tells you the actual address.

done and done...

Originally posted by Scoobless

yeah, i had kmc on the same tab... and that's a cow once you close an reopen it...

I never said he should not handle problems on earth, but considering how powerful a lantern is. They should be part of extinction level threats, there are enough superheroes to handle canon fodder threats.

that's not the point... he has a hometown, he's part of the justice league, he's an earthman through and through... just because he has tons of power doesnt mean he should sit on his ass while other heroes who might be less powerful risk getting killed by an enemy lantern could capture easily...

its called being a hero...

its not an excuse at all, its a reason, and an understandable one at that... its the same in marvel too...

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Whinning about PC Supes...*Shakes head in disappointment*

There is a reason he was put out of continuity, you know?

I just dislike supes in general, Captain Marvel is much better. smile

Sandai Kitetsu

that's not the point... he has a hometown, he's part of the justice league, he's an earthman through and through... just because he has tons of power doesnt mean he should sit on his ass while other heroes who might be less powerful risk getting killed by an enemy lantern could capture easily...

He doesn't capture anyone easily, he constantly struggles because he does not use his powers to it's fullest. How many times has lantern used baseball bats and gaint hands in a fight?

its not an excuse at all, its a reason, and an understandable one at that... its the same in marvel too...

Maybe nowadays. . .

Validus
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, I had to start my porn d/ls all over again. schmoll

Validus
I just dislike supes in general, Captain Marvel is much better. smile
laughing out loud
meh...

Sandai Kitetsu
There's nothing illogical about having an opinion. erm

Validus
No but hating Superman for being so powerful and then professing your love for his exact equal is illogical.

Sandai Kitetsu
No but hating Superman for being so powerful and then professing your love for his exact equal is illogical.

Love is illogical, besides marvel is not equal to supes. Infact, Supes stole certain things from Marvel E.G: Flight and Marvel Family. Furthermore, I don't dislike him because he's powerful, I dislike him because he's randomly powerful.

Superboy Prime
Superman is my favorite hero.

Don't hate his character. Hate DC for wanking him to ridiculous levels for being their poster boy. Replace Cap for Supes and you would end up hating Marvel for his ridiculous feats guided by DC.

Lets not get started on who steal what from who because pretty much 99% of comicdom exists because the good ole Man of Steel.

To quote Alexander Luthor in Infnite Crisis

"Somehow everything comes from Superman."

SnazzySmurph
Love is illogical, besides marvel is not equal to supes. Infact, Supes stole certain things from Marvel E.G: Flight and Marvel Family. That comment is self-defeating.

Sandai Kitetsu
Superman is my favorite hero.

Don't hate his character. Hate DC for wanking him to ridiculous levels for being their poster boy. Replace Cap for Supes and you would end up hating Marvel for his ridiculous feats guided by DC.

I would, but after close to a century of wankage. His character is tarnished, he was my favorite superhero too.

Lets not get started on who steal what from who because pretty much 99% of comicdom exists because the good ole Man of Steel.

To quote Alexander Luthor in Infnite Crisis

"Somehow everything comes from Superman."

Superheros are based on mythological figures, not supes.

pr1983
He doesn't capture anyone easily, he constantly struggles because he does not use his powers to it's fullest. How many times has lantern used baseball bats and gaint hands to fight crime.

most of lantern's enemies are either powerful telepaths or sinestro... the amount of will and energy needed to use the ring means that he's not going to go all out against enemies, because there's no reason to... he eventually wins in the end, and if all heroes fought at their best, most comics would last about 5 pages...

no, its always been like that... comics have always been written with earth as the focal point in the majority of titles...

why wouldnt they be like that?

Validus
Love is illogical, besides marvel is not equal to supes. Infact, Supes stole certain things from Marvel E.G: Flight and Marvel Family. Furthermore, I don't dislike him because he's powerful, I dislike him because he's randomly powerful.
Superman and Marvel stalemate everytime they fight. They're probably more equal than any other two heroes of the same type.

Sandai Kitetsu
Superman and Marvel stalemate everytime they fight. They're probably more equal than any other two heroes of the same type.

For the sake of story, Supes is much more powerful than marvel. Why do they even stalemate?

most of lantern's enemies are either powerful telepaths or sinestro... the amount of will and energy needed to use the ring means that he's not going to go all out against enemies, because there's no reason to... he eventually wins in the end, and if all heroes fought at their best, most comics would last about 5 pages...

Sinestro is not an earth based villian, which was what I was specifically talking about. When lantern fights Sinestro, we see what he can do versus when he helps the league fight luther.

no, its always been like that... comics have always been written with earth as the focal point in the majority of titles...

why wouldnt they be like that?

I mean't for space based heroes like lantern, he should be like surfer.

pr1983
Yeah, I had to start my porn d/ls all over again. schmoll

anything good?

zingage...

For the sake of story, Supes is much more powerful than marvel.

and yet constantly says that marvel is his equal, and toe to toe superior...

Superboy Prime

Superheros are based on mythological figures, not supes.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Sandai Kitetsu

and yet constantly says that marvel is his equal, and toe to toe superior...

Feats> His word erm

Wonder Woman: Athena, Artemis.
Captain Marvel: Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury.
Sub-Mariner, Aquaman: Poseidon/Neptune.
Human Torch: Ra, Apollo.
Flash: Hermes/Mercury/Thoth.
Hawkman: Horus, Icarus.
The Spectre: Hades/Death.
The Fantastic Four: The four elements (air, water, fire, earth).
Hulk: Hercules, Atlas, Samson, Goliath.
Spider-Man, Beast, Black Panther, Wolverine: Any half-man, half-animal creature (the Minotaur, centaurs, satyrs, et al.).
Medusa, Gorgon, Triton: Medusa, Pan, Triton.
The Teen Titans, Wonder Girl: The Titans.
Zuras, Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, Sersi (Eternals): Zeus, Icarus, Athena, Mercury, Circe.
Dr. Magnus (Metal Men), Forge: Hephaestus/Vulcan.
Sandman: Morpheus.
Cyclops: Cyclops.
Atlas (Thunderbolts): Atlas.
OMAC: Agamemnon, Ajax, any Greek or Trojan hero.
Doc Samson: Samson.
Giant-Man/Goliath: Goliath.
Wasp, Yellowjacket, Ant-Man, Atom: Fairies, pixies, homunculi.
Silver Surfer: Jesus Christ.
Angel: Icarus, angels.
Daredevil: the Devil.
Green Lantern, Johnny Thunder: Aladdin and his lamp/genie.
Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange, Starman: Merlin.
Iron Man: armored knights.
Shining Knight, Black Knight, Swordsman, Terminator the Deathstroke: Knights of the Round Table, Three Musketeers, Scarlet Pimpernel.
Green Arrow, Hawkeye: Robin Hood, William Tell.
Robotman, Metal Men, the Vision: Pygmalion, the Golem, Frankenstein's Monster.

pr1983
Feats> His word erm

if anyone is qualified to gauge superman's power, its superman...

Superboy Prime
Like I said

Validus
For the sake of story, Supes is much more powerful than marvel. Why do they even stalemate?
WTF?

Sinestro is not an earth based villian, which was what I was specifically talking about. When lantern fights Sinestro, we see what he can do versus when he helps the league fight luther.
Disagree here. Most of GL's high feats are when he's hanging around the JLA and doing random stuff with the ring. Just check the last JLA Classified when everyone admitted GL was the only one who could possibly take Kid Amazo one on one. Or look at Kyle saving everyone's ass in Obsidian Age. Or Kyle doing the hard work in Heavens Ladder. Hell, Kyle was the man during his JLA time.

Validus
anything good?
Please, my friend. I only download the highest quality porn.

Sandai Kitetsu
WTF?

So, supes dialogue which ignores all his feats should supercede his actual demonstrations of his powers??

So, any feat that puts supes above marvel SVFL.

Disagree here. Most of GL's high feats are when he's hanging around the JLA and doing random stuff with the ring. Just check the last JLA Classified when everyone admitted GL was the only one who could possibly take Kid Amazo one on one. Or look at Kyle saving everyone's ass in Obsidian Age. Or Kyle doing the hard work in Heavens Ladder. Hell, Kyle was the man during his JLA time.

Kyle was Ion during obsidian age, and he was taken out at the begining of the story. . .That's PIS already

It's funny that you mention his good showings, but ignore when he struggled by White Martians and Struggled against the counter league. League shouldn't be in the same catergory as lanterns, that's what I mean.

Validus
So, supes dialogue which ignores all his feats should supercede his actual demonstrations of his powers??

So, any feat that puts supes above marvel SVFL.
I didn't say shit about Supes dialogue. Stalemating someone every single time you fight them says more than your words ever could.

Kyle was Ion during obsidian age, and he was taken out at the begining of the story.
Kyle was never Ion in a JLA book. Check your facts.

The fact that he was taken out (as was the entire team) doesn't change the fact that he saved everyone in the end.

It's funny that you mention his good showings, but ignore when he struggled by white martians and Struggled against the counter league. and
Of course he has bad showings. Are you acting like Green Lantern doesn't have low showings in his own book? Hal Jordan being taken out of action by itching powder disagrees with you.

Struggling with a roughly Martian Manhunter level opponent > itching powder

And what counter league? If you're referring to the CSA, Kyle dominated them throughout the book.

pr1983
Please, my friend. I only download the highest quality porn.

at least somebody has standards around here...

Sandai Kitetsu
I didn't say shit about Supes dialogue. Stalemating someone every single time you fight them says more than your words ever could.

That's a bad showing, supes should own marvel. What does marvel have tha can supress supes, the "Wisdom of Solomon"? laughing

Kyle was never Ion in a JLA book. Check your facts.

The fact that he was taken out (as was the entire team) doesn't change the fact that he saved everyone in the end.

Yeah, he was Ion, and he shouldn't have been taken out, right off the bat.

Of course he has bad showings. Are you acting like Green Lantern doesn't have low showings in his own book? Hal Jordan being taken out of action by itching powder disagrees with you.

His showings are never at their prime when he's with the JLA. erm

Struggling with a roughly Martian Manhunter level opponent > itching powder

Does it matter, there both instances for lanterns which is my point. Lantern isn't written as powerful as he should be.

Validus
That's a bad showing, supes should own marvel. What does marvel have tha can supress supes, the "Wisdom of Solomon"? laughing
A bad showing? Aren't you upset because DC is constantly wanking Superman? Guess not if Marvel is constantly equaling him.

Yeah, he was Ion, and he shouldn't have been taken out, right off the bat.
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla075485ek.jpg

Doesn't look like Ion to me.
His showings are never at their prime when he's with the JLA. erm
A lot of Kyle's best stuff happened in either in JLA or during JLA team ups. That's just a fact.

Containing Imperiex? JLA
Containing a supernova? JLA
Heavens Ladder? JLA
Obsidian Age feat? JLA
Beat Amazo one on one? JLA
Restraining the entire Crime Syndicate? JLA
Holding the moon in orbit? JLA

Does it mtter, there both instances for lanterns which is my point. Lantern isn't written as powerful as he should be.
There isn't a single character in comics who is consistently written as powerful as they should be. That's why we have the terms PIS/CIS.

Supermanluv

Sandai Kitetsu
A bad showing? Aren't you upset because DC is constantly wanking Superman? Guess not if Marvel is constantly equaling him.

I'm going to ask you again, since you seem hell bent in avoiding the obvious answer. What does marvel has that puts him on supes league?

Superman writers creating a dialogue that suggest his equal does not supersede actual feats.

Furthermore, I'm not upset that DC wanks. Infact, I find it humorous because they have him perform great levels of ridiculousness for me to laugh at. laughing

Doesn't look like Ion to me.

In the first issue, he mentions being ION.

A lot of Kyle's best stuff happened in either in JLA or during JLA team ups. That's just a fact.

Containing Imperiex? JLA
Containing a supernova? JLA
Heavens Ladder? JLA
Obsidian Age feat? JLA
Beat Amazo one on one? JLA
Restraining the entire Crime Syndicate? JLA
Holding the moon in orbit? JLA

Then I concede the point about his showings in JLA, but I don't believe he should be in the league considering that he's just too powerful. That would be like having surfer as a member of the avengers. I understand helping them, but a full time member.

Also, you claimed that he's never been ION before in a JLA comic. So, wouldn't that validate what I said about him not being in his prime during JLA comics?

Supermanluv

Not that its that relevant, but Im pretty sure that Joe Casey was making a tribute to Hal, in the Dark Knight Strikes again, with that image.

Symmetric Chaos
You know, there's no way to prove that "Collapsed Dwarf Neutron Star" is what PC Supes says it is. It could have simply been a rock. Given the mental instability of Superboy Prime perhaps this Superboy is a nutjob too.

I can't explain how a giant link chain can connect planets in a trail for him to drag behind him though...

Pre-Crisis... confused

Well since he said that it had more pull that 1000 Supernovas . . . I think we can safely assume he's an idiot.

Supermanluv

'In my oppinion all people should be gay !'

A lot of people would probably say that is illogical ! Hence some oppinions are illogical.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Supermanluv
'In my oppinion all people should be gay !'

A lot of people would probably say that is illogical ! Hence some oppinions are illogical.

Since when are opinons based on logic?

Supermanluv

Also, you claimed that he's never been ION before in a JLA comic. So, wouldn't that validate what I said about him not being in his prime during JLA comics?

I do believe that when he was originally Ion, he was actaully in the League. I rembering him showing off his new powers to the other members, and reading Supermans mind.

Sandai Kitetsu
I do believe that when he was originally Ion, he was actaully in the League. I rembering him showing off his new powers to the other members, and reading Supermans mind.

Tell that to Validus.

Supermanluv
Since when are opinons based on logic?

They are based on reasoning, which is the fundamental basis of logic. You rarely get an oppion that hasn't been reasoned out. The problem is some people have inferior reasoning abilities.

Sandai Kitetsu
They are based on reasoning, which is the fundamental basis of logic. You rarely get an oppion that has been reasoned out. The problem is some people have inferior reasoning abilities.

Not really, logic is based on objective reasoning while prefrence is entriely subective.

Validus
Tell that to Validus.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Let me clarify then. He was never Ion in an actual JLA book. What Supermanluv is referring to happened in the actual Green Lantern book.

Sandai Kitetsu
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Let me clarify then. He was never Ion in an actual JLA book. What Supermanluv is referring to happened in the actual Green Lantern book.
Proving my point that his prime during lantern comics. smile

Thanks for proving my point kisses

Supermanluv
Not really, logic is based on objective reasoning while prefrence is entriely subective.

Ahh... not all logic is objective. And how else do we deduce this logic ?,but with reasoning. The same process is applied to oppinions, hence subjective afilations with what is and isn't logical !

Validus
I'm going to ask you again, since you seem hell bent in avoiding the obvious answer. What does marvel has that puts him on supes league?

Superman writers creating a dialogue that suggest his equal does not supersede actual feats.
I don't know how many times I have to say "stalemating Superman in combat several times" before it begins to sink in. Stop talking about dialogue since I never mentioned it.

In the first issue, he mentions being ION.
He mentions the time he spent as Ion. Not that he was Ion. As you would say, come on dude.

Then I concede the point about his showings in JLA, but I don't believe he should be in the league considering that he's just too powerful. That would be like having surfer as a member of the avengers. I understand helping them, but a full time member.
You act like the JLA is a bunch of Captain America level people. All those guys who were in the League at the time, except Batman obviously, are pretty powerful in their own right.

If you want to spin your words that way, perhaps it would be validation.

Sandai Kitetsu
Ahh... not all logic is objective. Then there is a failure in logic. erm

Validus
Proving my point that his prime during lantern comics. smile

Thanks for proving my point kisses
Your original point was that Green Lantern had nothing but low showings in JLA comics. I proved you wrong. If you want to sit here and pretend to be right, thats up to you. Anyone here can see your original thought process.

SnazzySmurph
There isn't a single character in comics who is consistently written as powerful as they should be. That's why we have the terms PIS/CIS. Wrong.

There's Squirrel Girl.

Sandai Kitetsu
I don't know how many times I have to say "stalemating Superman in combat several times" before it begins to sink in. Stop talking about dialogue since I never mentioned it.

Stalemating him is a low end showing, just like rhino loses to spidey everytime.

You act like the JLA is a bunch of Captain America level people. All those guys who were in the League at the time, except Batman obviously, are pretty powerful in their own right.

I never said they were weak, but Lantern>>>League

Validus
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Wrong.

There's Squirrel Girl.
A girl with squirrel powers beating Thanos isn't what I call being written as she should be. stick out tongue

Sandai Kitetsu
Your original point was that Green Lantern had nothing but low showings in JLA comics. I proved you wrong. If you want to sit here and pretend to be right, thats up to you. Anyone here can see your original thought process.

Quote me where I said all he has were low showings in JLA? I clealy said his showings were not at their prime in JLA comics, and that they do not illustrate his true strength.

SnazzySmurph
A girl with squirrel powers beating Thanos isn't what I call being written as she should be. stick out tongue Hey, when PIS IS your power, I don't see how you could be subjected to it.

Unless you lost, I suppose. hmm

Validus
Stalemating him is a low end showing, just like rhino loses to spidey everytime.
Rhino losing to Spidey because of his intelligence is the same as Marvel being as strong and as tough as Superman is?

"Come on, dude."

I never said they were weak, but Lantern>>>League
You said

The difference between GL and the rest of the League isn't near as extreme as the difference between Surfer and Cap, Wolverine, Luke Cage, etc.

Priest
Heh, this thread lasted more than 2 pages.

Validus
Quote me where I said all he has were low showings in JLA? I clealy said his showings were not at their prime in JLA comics, and that they do not illustrate his true strength.
Buddy, Ion isn't Kyle's real strength. It's a giant power source that doesn't belong to him.

If you give Batman the power cosmic and then take it away from him, would power cosmic Batman be his true power?

Sandai Kitetsu
Rhino losing to Spidey because of his intelligence is the same as Marvel being as strong and as tough as Superman is?

True, that was a bad example, but I brung it up because you keep dodging this question: What does marvel have that makes him equal to supes?

You said

The difference between GL and the rest of the League isn't near as extreme as the difference between Surfer and Cap, Wolverine, Luke Cage, etc.
I was reffering to classic avengers. erm

Sandai Kitetsu
Buddy, Ion isn't Kyle's real strength. It's a giant power source that doesn't belong to him.

If you give Batman the power cosmic and then take it away from him, would power cosmic Batman be his true power?

That's classic Ion, I'm talking about Ion in general. Also, power cosmic is not the root of batmans strength.

Validus
True, that was a bad example, but I brung it up because you keep dodging this question: What does marvel have that makes him equal to supes?
He's just as strong, arguably more durable and nearly as fast. He doesn't need anymore to make it fight which he always does.

Point is it doesn't make any sense to knock Superman for being crazy strong and then admit to being a CM fan(boy). That's like me saying "Damn, Silver Surfer has a cheesy powerset" while sitting here with a GL avatar and sig.

I was reffering to classic avengers. erm
Classic Avengers team that included Thor? Having Thor on the team kind of shoots down the whole idea that Surfer is too powerful to be there.

Validus
That's classic Ion, I'm talking about Ion in general. Also, power cosmic is not the root of batmans strength.
The original Ion was the life force of the Guardians. Now it's a completely separate entity unto itself. Either way, it doesn't belong to Kyle just like the PC doesn't belong to Bats.

Sandai Kitetsu
He's just as strong, arguably more durable and nearly as fast. He doesn't need anymore to make it fight which he always does.

That's PIS at it's best, two things make him equal to supes? How is gonna survive a speed blitz, Heat vision, and T-Vo. Also, he's not stronger than supes, that's a joke at best.

Point is it doesn't make any sense to knock Superman for being crazy strong and then admit to being a CM fan(boy). That's like me saying "Damn, Silver Surfer has a cheesy powerset" while sitting here with a GL avatar and sig.

There not equal, PIS and some dialogue doesn't make them equal. Also, how ma I a Captain Marvel fanboy when I admitt supes is stronger?

Classic Avengers team that included Thor? Having Thor on the team kind of shoots down the whole idea that Surfer is too powerful to be there.

Surfer is more powerful than thor.

Sandai Kitetsu
The original Ion was the life force of the Guardians. Now it's a completely separate entity unto itself. Either way, it doesn't belong to Kyle just like the PC doesn't belong to Bats.

Who cares if it doesn't belong to him, he still is the master of said power.

Validus
That's PIS at it's best, two things make him equal to supes? How is gonna survive a speed blitz, Heat vision, and T-Vo. Also, he's not stronger than supes, that's a joke at best.
He's going to survive a speed blitz because he can move at light speed himself. CM is fast enough to cross dimensions thanks to the power of Zeus.

Heat vision? Captain Marvel is a guy who has survived, literally, being turned inside out and you think heat vision is going to to be the death knell?

T-Vo is an advantage but CM's magical lightning has been shown as an advantage as well considering it did KO Supes.

You know, for a guy who claims to like Captain Marvel, you sure as hell don't know seem to think much of him.

Surfer is more powerful than thor.
Thor's victories over Surfer say other wise.

Validus
Who cares if it doesn't belong to him, he still is the master of said power.
So I guess Hal's natural form would be the Spectre, right? confused

Sandai Kitetsu
He's going to survive a speed blitz because he can move at light speed himself. CM is fast enough to cross dimensions thanks to the power of Zeus
Heat vision? Captain Marvel is a guy who has survived, literally, being turned inside out and you think heat vision is going to to be the death knell?

T-Vo is an advantage but CM's magical lightning has been shown as an advantage as well considering it did KO Supes.

You know, for a guy who claims to like Captain Marvel, you sure as hell don't know seem to think much of him.

Thor's victories over Surfer say other wise.

I'll just bump threads discussing said characters and we can debate them. Same with Thor & Surfer.

Sandai Kitetsu
So I guess Hal's natural form would be the Spectre, right? confused

I'm pretty sure that was retconned, but even if your right. Are you telling me that I can't use instances of characters using their own power to gauge them?

Foreign origin doesn't change the fact that lanterns powers are his powers. Besides, I could say the same about many other heroes.

Validus
I'm pretty sure that was retconned, but even if your right. Are you telling me that I can't use instances of characters using their own power to gauge them?

Foreign origin doesn't change the fact that lanterns powers are his powers. Besides, I could say the same about many other heroes.
The Spectre = Separate, sentient being that used Hal as a host and granted him use of its power

Ion = Separate, sentient being that used Kyle as a host and granted him use of its power

What I'm telling you is that you can't use another character's power to show how powerful Kyle is. Kyle is a Green Lantern. Not Ion.

Sandai Kitetsu
The Spectre = Separate, sentient being that used Hal as a host and granted him use of its power

Ion = Separate, sentient being that used Kyle as a host and granted him use of its power

What I'm telling you is that you can't use another character's power to show how powerful Kyle is. Kyle is a Green Lantern. Not Ion.

Classic Ion is just green lantern with all of Oa's battery. It's ironic that your claiming Ions feats should not be attributed to kyle based soley on the fact that he's using a different amount energy from Oa. It's ironic because you claimed that the scale of relative feats/ ability should not seperate them, when you were arguing planet pushing. Also, the same could be said for kyle is aregular lantern I.E. Kyle is not green lantern, just because the ring is a foreign power source.

Validus
Classic Ion is just green lantern with all of Oa's battery.
No, he's Kyle with the life force energy of 3 dozen Skyfather type beings.

It's ironic that your claiming Ions feats should not be attributed to kyle based soley on the fact that he's using a different amount energy from Oa. It's ironic because you claimed that the scale of relative feats/ ability should not seperate them, when you were arguing planet pushing.
Kyle as Ion was doing things he simply couldn't with the ring. He said as much himself. I've seen Green Lanterns who are amped with extra power (Hal in Emerald Dawn) and I've seen Ion. The difference between the two is night and day.

Also, the same could be said for kyle is aregular lantern I.E. Kyle is not green lantern, just because the ring is a foreign power source.
Kyle without Ion would just revert to being a regular Lantern. Now Kyle without a power ring, wouldn't even have a reason as a character to even exist. That's the difference.

In any case, how does this relate your (bs) rantings that GREEN LANTERN isn't portrayed correctly in JLA?

Sandai Kitetsu
No, he's Kyle with the life force energy of 3 dozen Skyfather type beings.
Classic Ions power source is the same as he is when he's regular lantern, mane. Your claiming it's a completely different, because he has more of the same power? erm

Kyle as Ion was doing things he simply couldn't with the ring. He said as much himself. I've seen Green Lanterns who are amped with extra power (Hal in Emerald Dawn) and I've seen Ion. The difference between the two is night and day. Kyle without Ion would just revert to being a regular Lantern. Now Kyle without a power ring, wouldn't even have a reason as a character to even exist. That's the difference.

Amping up your power doesn't mean your different person. At the end of the day, kyle is ION. He's not an aspect of the power, he's it's master.

In any case, how does this relate your (bs) rantings that GREEN LANTERN isn't portrayed correctly in JLA?

You tell me, since you brought up Kyle when I meant lanterns in JLA peroid.

Validus
Classic Ions power source is the same as he is when he's regular lantern, mane. Your claiming it's a completely different, because he has more of it. erm
No, I'm claiming its different because it's different.

Same with green lantern, IONs just a higher step.
Ion is a separate being. Why is that not sinking in?

You tell me, since you brought up Kyle when I meant lanterns in JLA peroid.
I'm not exactly sure how me bringing up Kyle to prove that GL's aren't written down in JLA relates you going off on an ill advised tangent trying to prove that Ion is Kyle's real power.

For the record, the reason I brought up Kyle is because he is the Lantern with the most JLA experience to speak of. I could list off feats for Hal and John that happened during the JLA time but I've already proved by point in that area.

Sandai Kitetsu
No, I'm claiming its different because it's different.Ion is a separate being. Why is that not sinking in?

Ion is just lantern with all the power of the central battery.

I'm not exactly sure how me bringing up Kyle to prove that GL's aren't written down in JLA relates you going off on an ill advised tangent trying to prove that Ion is Kyle's real power.

I said it's wen he's in his prime, not he's real power. erm

Skeets
Ion is a ****ing Space Whale!!!!!

Validus
Gosh, maybe Sinestro can say it better than I can.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4479/scan40ry2qp4.th.jpg

Sandai Kitetsu
Why are you ignoring the fact that I was talking about classic Ion at that time? I though "All the power of Oa" was a good enough indicator.

Validus
Why are you ignoring the fact that I was talking about classic Ion at that time? I though "All the power of Oa" was a good enough indicator.
And I thought Kyle shitting out a bunch of baby Guardians was a good indicator too.

Validus
I said it's wen he's in his prime, not he's real power. erm
So you think GL should always be written as Ion despite the fact that he isn't always Ion?

Sandai Kitetsu
And I thought Kyle shitting out a bunch of baby Guardians was a good indicator too. Indicator of what, I brought up Ion. erm

Validus
Indicator of what, I brought up Ion. erm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/Picard_disapproves.jpg

Sandai Kitetsu
So you think GL should always be written as Ion despite the fact that he isn't always Ion? No, I think he should be more spaced base and stay away from the JLA for a good while.

Sandai Kitetsu
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/Picard_disapproves.jpg

I was talking about Classic Ion specifically, and you brought up the Ion from sinestro corps? confused

Validus
No, I think he should be more spaced base and stay away from the JLA for a good while.
Your whole reasoning for saying that was that GL didn't display his proper power while working with the League.

Sandai Kitetsu
Which I maintain, or are you telling me that the league can match lantern?

Validus
Which I maintain, or are you telling me that the league can match lantern?
The rest of the Big 7 JLA (Supes, WW, MM, Flash, Aquaman and Bats) Vs Green Lantern?

Go ahead and make that thread.

Sandai Kitetsu
Sure, lantern would pwn them.

pr1983
Sure, lantern would pwn them.

no expression

Validus
laughing out loud

Skeets
If it's GL Hal,that is...31

Sandai Kitetsu
The thread was closed, because GL is too much.

tooa/presence
What the f**k?

"Gaping Gridzaks"...?

lol how the hell do you actually push a planet? If one had that kind of strength wouldn't they just break right through the earth?

Validus
The thread was closed, because GL is too much.
http://i19.tinypic.com/6b4kiaf.gif

Sandai Kitetsu
http://i9.tinypic.com/6cd2vkx.gif laughing

h1a8
So Supes is Gladiator?

Yes, it has been officially confirmed by Bryne himself that Superman's strength also comes from a psionic ability to enhance his strength. The amount of solar energy he's converted determines the amount of strength his psionic potential provides. This is along with Stern's and Simonson's geometrically increase in power in proportion to his proximity to the sun and Grant Morrison's hypermetabolization of solar energy. That latter hasn't been officially confirmed yet though.

Kutulu
Oh then sorry Val......

It's called alt-F4 you noob.
n00b2

Erik-Lensherr
Now that's just sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>