Samanosuke Akechi vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Longinus
Setting: Feudal Japan, large village, about a mile in size.

Setup: Samanosuke is employed by the lord of a particular land and the lord happens to hold key information concerning an upcoming battle. Ryu Hayabusa being a ninja of great skill is hired to retrieve this info by a rival warlord. He sneaks inside the village and steals the documents but in the aftermath kills many of the villagers who were defending the document. Samanosuke then encounters Ryu Hayabusa and they face off, what will be the outcome.

Background Info: Samanosuke is an Onimusha warrior former ronin (masterless samurai), gifted with a gauntlet allowing him to absorb the souls of demons and harness this power allowing him to transform into his true Onimusha form. Countless demons, demonic generals and their greatest warriors and the Demon Kings Fortinbras and Nobunaga have all fallen victim to his blade.

Ryu Hayabusa is the modern day super ninja, gifted with abilities far beyond those of normal humans after years of grueling and intense training. He wields the TDS, one of (if not) the most powerful weapon in his respective universe. I DOA I believe he killed Tengu or Genra (he killed somebody lol), while in NG he's killed Doku, Dynamo, defeated Alma and killed his uncle Murai while Murai possessed the powers of a Deity.

Weapons: Samanosuke can use any and all his weapons he recieved during his time in the Onimusha series (excluding those from Dawn of Dreams). Ryu himself has access to all the weapons he recieved during NG (including UF and DDB)

*Sidenote: And yes Samanosuke has access to his true Onimusha form in this battle, mainly to offset Ryu's likely overwhelming advantage in speed.

ThoraxeRMG
He killed a Tengu named Bankotsu-Bo. He didn't kill Genra.

Guilty Gear
Has been done three times before, but I guess since they had different stipulations they don't exactly count as duplicates.

Giving Hayabusa the DDB and allowing him to use it to kill, makes him transform into the Devil Incarnate canonically speaking. The fact that he doesn't transform in-game is because of a game mechanic, and that's it. In that case his level of power would be equal to Murai's as he wielded it at the same time it became a truly evil blade, which was after the fight against the Vigoor Emperor. The Emperor as the D.I. showed a huge display of power by his presence alone, turning a garden with unseen boundaries literally into a hell and causing the ground to break apart with little effort. Murai is stronger, since the blade was at its prime when he wielded it, and not when the Emperor possessed it. In this battle I'll be betting on Ryu, against Samanosuke in his demon form.

Without the DDB or the PSMk.II at least, I'll bet on Samanosuke for the win.

Longinus
My two cents is Samanosuke wins in the end. I personally feel he's the better swordsman, the speed advantage Ryu is overwhelming. Samanosuke also become invulnerable while in his Oni state and damn near, if not invincible. I'd also give him an advantage because of his experience. Samanosuke has been killing Genma for around 40 years at the time of DoD. Notable beings he's defeated are Gargant, Marcellus, Mori Ranmaru, Guildenstern, Brainstern (sp?), Osric, Doppleganger, Hecuba, Nobunaga and Fortinbras. He's beaten Claudius/Mitsunari, Gertrude and also played a major part in killing Hideoyshi and DoD Fortinbras.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.