"BAD MOVIE MAKING": To's error movie thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
How many times have you all watched movies and noticed horrible, horrible editing mistakes?

Let's everyone give examples of what we know.

In The Truman Show, there is a scene very early in the movie where Truman is working at his desk. There is an "8 Ball" on his desk, which is gone in the very next scene.

ToMacco
In Leaving Las Vegas, Ben Sanders poured some tequila in a glass in once scene. They did a quick cut, and his glass was completely full, where as the previous shot, it wasn't.

Another error.

So who else has noticed a bastard error in movies?

BackFire349
one flew over the cuckoos nest there is one, its not really horrible but i noticed it cuz ive seen that movie about 4 dozen times. when jack nicholson is strangling nurse ratched, it shows his head and his hat is off, then the camera changes view and its on. kinda funny.

finti
its magic

King Jedi
In Gone in 60 Seconds, Angelina Jolie is working underneath a car and there are a bunch of spanners lying next to her. The next shot they are gone.

And the one in ESB, where Han's waistcoat appears and disappears isn't real. It's just the shadow.

UnknownBountyHunter
American Pie - At the first party where the sex-driven rich kid takes that girl up to the bedroom. When they're sitting talking on the bed and he gives her the beer, in one shot it's a transparent cup and the next shot it's a solid blue cup.

A New Hope - When the trooper hits his head on that door. Also, on Tatooine when Luke is walking in the sun, there's only one shadow yet there's two suns.

finti
well the trooper thing is in my mind not an error, people do bump into things when in a hurry. Actually it makes it a bit more realistic

yerssot
you want a WHOLE list about every SW movie???
or just those you saw yourself?

LanceWindu
Spider-Man: The Movie

The scene at Columbia University was filmed on an unseasonably warm spring day, however, the costume department had provided the high school extras with cold-weather clothing. The real Columbia University students can be seen in the background wearing shorts and t-shirts by contrast.

Thomas H
THE MOST funny one I have seen is in beverly Hills Cop, when they are having a car chase you can see that axels (murphy) car looses the police ligth on the top on the car, when they change the cam its on again,,,this happens at least 3 times in the movie!!! hehe

mechmoggy
In Robocop 1, when he's beating the shit outta Clarance he's saying stuff to Robocop to stop him giving the beating. Later in the film when Robocop plays back the conversation at the OCP headquaters the dialogue is slightly different.

Thomas H
hahha

Tex
Robocop rules!!!!!cool

J-ROC
Another one in RoboCop is when Robo punches that dude taking those people hostage out of the window- when they show it on the news thingy his legs bounce up into the air when he hits the cement. VERY NOTICEABLE!!!

ToMacco
In Pulp Fiction:

In the very begining of the movie, when the dude and his wife rob the store. She says "Any of you f***ing pricks move, and I'll execute every mother f***in last one of you!"

But at the end, she says "Any of you f***ing pricks move, and I'll execute every one of you mother f***ers."

Thomas H
In spider man, when they decided to remove the world trade center, they replaced it with Empire state building, I you watch closely you can see that the reel Empire state building is in the background!

chico23
Chasing Amy

In the scene where holden meets with Jay and Silent Bob, holden is smoking a cig and every time they cut to holden the ashes appear then dissappear on his leg.

ToMacco
How about Sonny Corleone's phantom punch when he was beating the hell out of his sisters husband? (The Godfather)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.