Rick Deckard- Human or Replicant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
This thread concerns the great question which Blade Runner fans will always be divided by. Is Deckard, the protagonist of Ridley Scott's classic, a Replicant or a human?

Fiirstly I would like to say that I was absolutely sure there would already be a thread about this. But I searched as thoroughly as possible and found nothing. If there is already a topic on this then I apologize. I just thought this would be a good topic to discuss and see opinions.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Ridley Scott has already said himself that Rick Deckard was a Replicant.

exanda kane
Phillip K Dick intended Deckard to be a human. Ridley Scott siad he intended him to be a replicant years after he and Harrison Ford agreed he was a human. Just pick whatever you want in all fairness!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Regardless of whether he was a human or replicant, Blade Runner was one of the greatest movies of all time.

angelamia

angelamia
and to add to my last post, there's a whole thread about this going on at the main site if anyone is interested: messageboards.bladerunnerthemovie.com/showthread.php?t=5

roughrider
Any memories he thinks he has, of his wife & childhood, could all be implanted. And, he doesn't answer Rachel's question about whether he's ever taken a Voight-Kampff test himself. But, I wonder why the police would go through such trouble of using a 'fresh' replicant with implanted memories to do their bidding, except to make sure he does the dirty work of investigating (that makes sense.) If he dies, then it's no loss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.