Wolverine vs. The Luggage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnazzySmurph
Wolverine

vs.

The Luggage (Discworld)

Assume that Logan has threatened the Luggage's current owner... they start 10 feet apart.

Creshosk
It's a mimic.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Creshosk
It's a mimic. Huh?

I reckon it could permanently kill Wolvy.

Creshosk
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Huh?

I reckon it could permanently kill Wolvy.

A mimic is a type of monster that resembles a treasure chest.

Akuki
A mimic is a type of monster that resembles a treasure chest.
however it's not just that, It has many dimensions hidden within it that it could swallow wolverine into, and it's composed of the most powerfully magical substance in the entire discworld universe. Plus the fact that it has the ability to go anywhere(and I mean anywhere, the thing can follow it's master through time and dimesnsions) and it's extremely vicious and intelligent(sometimes it will open its top just enough that someone can see a chestful of gold, and then swallow them up, and I don't believe swords have had any effect on it. I give this to the luggage. In the book it is described as "half suitcase, half suicidal maniac"

SnazzySmurph
A mimic is a type of monster that resembles a treasure chest. Oh, I know what a Mimic is.

But the luggage isn't one. Not really.

Except that it looks like a chest, the nature is very different. And the luggage is better. Pretty much what Akuki said, I won't bother repeating it.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Akuki
however it's not just that, It has many dimensions hidden within it that it could swallow wolverine into, and it's composed of the most powerfully magical substance in the entire discworld universe. Plus the fact that it has the ability to go anywhere(and I mean anywhere, the thing can follow it's master through time and dimesnsions) and it's extremely vicious and intelligent(sometimes it will open its top just enough that someone can see a chestful of gold, and then swallow them up, and I don't believe swords have had any effect on it. I give this to the luggage. In the book it is described as "half suitcase, half suicidal maniac" Sounds like a mimic all right.

Akuki
Sounds like a mimic all right.
It's definitely has some of those traits, but it has a powerset far above and beyond any mimic.

SnazzySmurph
Sounds like a mimic all right. Meh... I'm not used to DnD Mimics, so I perhaps they're closer.

The Luggage has been shown numerous times in the past to "swallow" men whole who threaten its master, and, the closest thing one could really relate the inside of the Luggage to is a pocket dimension. Beyond that, it can also travel anywhere- Death's Domain, other dimensions, etc. And is inextricably linked to its owner wherever they may be. It's blunt damage intake is pretty extraordinary as well, having battered down many a wall, in "anger".

So... The Luggage wins.

I'm not sure how effective teh clawz would be on it... but as soon as the Luggage could swallow Wolvy, end of match.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Logan

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Logan Why?

JasonK4

SnazzySmurph
Liar.

Creshosk
Meh... I'm not used to DnD Mimics, so I perhaps they're closer.

The Luggage has been shown numerous times in the past to "swallow" men whole who threaten its master, and, the closest thing one could really relate the inside of the Luggage to is a pocket dimension. Beyond that, it can also travel anywhere- Death's Domain, other dimensions, etc. And is inextricably linked to its owner wherever they may be. It's blunt damage intake is pretty extraordinary as well, having battered down many a wall, in "anger".

So... The Luggage wins.

I'm not sure how effective teh clawz would be on it... but as soon as the Luggage could swallow Wolvy, end of match. Annoying little putzes in what ever the game I encountered them. usually only take 1 point of damage from whatever attack you hit them with.And that's if you're lucky to do anything or even hit.

I can't really see Wolverine winning this.

JasonK4
Liar.

Biter!

SnazzySmurph
Annoying little putzes in what ever the game I encountered them. usually only take 1 point of damage from whatever attack you hit them with.And that's if you're lucky to do anything or even hit.

I can't really see Wolverine winning this. Meh. As was said, The Luggage really dwarfs most Mimics.

Yeah... technically Wolverine may be able to stab it, I don't know if Adamantium > Sapient Pearwood or not.

Creshosk
Meh. As was said, The Luggage really dwarfs most Mimics.

Yeah... technically Wolverine may be able to stab it, I don't know if Adamantium > Sapient Pearwood or not. So it's more like a kaiser mimic?

http://www.seikens.com/bestiary-mimic.html

SnazzySmurph
So it's more like a kaiser mimic?

http://www.seikens.com/bestiary-mimic.html I couldn't say...

Essentially, the Luggage is a piece of eternally-loyal traveling equipment. It can hold (afaik), a limitless supply of stuff within it, so long as the item's small enough for it to swallow, and even that is not clearly defined...

It can follow its master anywhere they go, be it Death's Realm or otherwise.

It's impervious to magic, and to near any damage. I wasn't sure what hope adamantium had.

It's made of the most powerful magical substance in the Discworld, is very intelligent and dangerous.

Also very vicious... "Half suitcase, half homicidal maniac".

Creshosk
I couldn't say...

Essentially, the Luggage is a piece of eternally-loyal traveling equipment. It can hold (afaik), a limitless supply of stuff within it, so long as the item's small enough for it to swallow, and even that is not clearly defined...

It can follow its master anywhere they go, be it Death's Realm or otherwise.

It's impervious to magic, and to near any damage. I wasn't sure what hope adamantium had.

It's made of the most powerful magical substance in the Discworld, is very intelligent and dangerous.

Also very vicious... "Half suitcase, half homicidal maniac". You do know that each time you describe this you describe a mimic right?

SnazzySmurph
You do know that each time you describe this you describe a mimic right? Lies...

Let's try this from the opposite end.

YOU describe a Mimic. sly

Creshosk
Lies...

Let's try this from the opposite end.

YOU describe a Mimic. sly Okay, within the game world:
A mimic is a creature who's origins are not fully understood. Some suspect it came to be when a wizard was experimenting with a better way to store and keep their treasures secure. Now naturally the same magics that created a bag of holding (portable pocket dimension, you can put anything into the bag so long as it fits into the opening) would have been used to be able to store more items in it at the same time. Making it more durable would have been a neasy enough spell, magic resistence and a better durability so that most weapons would be ineffective at compromising the treausre chest's structural integrity. Making it be able to fight back would have come next so that the people trying to get into the chest wouldn't be able to just sit there and figure a way around the magical enchantments on the device. But haviong it attack the would be theives wouldn't be enough, an animal level inteligence for it to try and survive and get away from the theives would be expected. Of course there are other ideas like trap spiders who lie in wait and lure its victims to it. Trapping a person within the mimic would keep them from being able to escape.

Other theories go that they were demons, changlings or shapeshifters bewithed to remain in the form of a treasure chest with some of the previously mentioned enchantments on them.

Basically everything you've been describing for "The Luggage" sounds like a mimic.

It looks like a mimic, it acts like a mimic, it sounds like a mimic.

Chances are The luggage was based off of a mimic.

In any case, Wolverine wouln't have a chance against a mimic or the luggage. In the RPGs you usually have a magic weapon with you which increases your chances of dealing... 1 point of damage per attack to it. Certain weapons like those non-magical usually are totally ineffective gainst them.

SnazzySmurph
Okay, within the game world:
A mimic is a creature who's origins are not fully understood. Some suspect it came to be when a wizard was experimenting with a better way to store and keep their treasures secure. Now naturally the same magics that created a bag of holding (portable pocket dimension, you can put anything into the bag so long as it fits into the opening) would have been used to be able to store more items in it at the same time. Making it more durable would have been a neasy enough spell, magic resistence and a better durability so that most weapons would be ineffective at compromising the treausre chest's structural integrity. Making it be able to fight back would have come next so that the people trying to get into the chest wouldn't be able to just sit there and figure a way around the magical enchantments on the device. But haviong it attack the would be theives wouldn't be enough, an animal level inteligence for it to try and survive and get away from the theives would be expected. Of course there are other ideas like trap spiders who lie in wait and lure its victims to it. Trapping a person within the mimic would keep them from being able to escape.

Other theories go that they were demons, changlings or shapeshifters bewithed to remain in the form of a treasure chest with some of the previously mentioned enchantments on them.

Basically everything you've been describing for "The Luggage" sounds like a mimic.

It looks like a mimic, it acts like a mimic, it sounds like a mimic.

Chances are The luggage was based off of a mimic.

In any case, Wolverine wouln't have a chance against a mimic or the luggage. In the RPGs you usually have a magic weapon with you which increases your chances of dealing... 1 point of damage per attack to it. Certain weapons like those non-magical usually are totally ineffective gainst them. Allright... I concede there are similarities.

First off, the Luggage would never be in danger of thieves. It decides what is inside of it when you open it. Alternatively, it can refuse to allow you to open it, and then nothing can get inside.

Secondly, magic wouldn't damage it like it would a normal Mimic... a magic book (one created by God), was swallowed by the Luggage. After that. it sulked for three days, then spat the book back out. That's the most that magic has ever disturbed the Luggage.

Thirdly, the Luggage seems to transcend the laws of physics. It goes to impossible places (ie, breaking down the wall of a magical shop that has since been teleported to another location...)

Lastly: The luggage is much smarter and much more devious then most Mimics. If you threaten its master, you're dead... people have ran on and on, until they were sure they were finally safe... it'll shadow them for a while. Then they finally hear the scuffling of many feet, turn around, and see a giant, mahogany tongue... then they're dead.

It's left its lid just a bit open, showing a tiny bit of gold. When people approach, and look in, the lid raises up, snaps shut, and reopens, no trace of the thief.

It's a pretty mean piece of equipment.

And it's been a while since I read the books... hmm...

Anyways, we reach the same conclusion.

Wolverine dies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.