Mario v.s. Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FortressXRuler
If this thread has been made before, then I apologize, The advanced search didn't show any results.

Mario has his Super Mushroom(in normal state mario is the size of himself in Super Mario 64) the Fireball power up, and The Cape power up. (Note that Mario is is agile as himself in Super Mario 64)

Ryu is in his SFA3 version.

Canon and Uncanon feats are allowed.

Takes place in Haven City.

colonelf40
Mario FTW

The bloke is like a toon for f*ck's sake!

FortressXRuler
What does FTW stand for?

And this will be a close fight.

Strength: I say a tie Ryu, he has massive strength behind his attacks, and he trained lifting boulders with Oro, but Mario's stength, for a short guy, is immense, being able to pick up king Bomb-ombs that probably weigh 400 pounds is impressive.

Experience: Ryu takes this, the battles he's fought, the training he's gone through, all those years, really works for him, while Mario's experience only came from all that jumping he did throughout the years.

Equpiment: All the power ups Mario has really helps him in this fight.

Speed/Agility: Mario's running skill will prove to be very helpful keeping him out of range of the Hadoken, and his agility will also help him dodge any devestating attacks that Ryu may have in store for him.

After a really close fight I say Mario takes this.

Violent2Dope
.......WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Ryu curbs him!

FortressXRuler
Heh, I know. And please don't do that, also I hope you're not underrating Mario in any way, he's a pretty powerful fighter.

BlaxicanHydra
Mario has a chance.

Violent2Dope
No he f*cking doesn't.

FortressXRuler
If Mario can keep a distance from Ryu and shoot multiple amounts of fireballs at Ryu, he may have a slight chance.

Violent2Dope
Right, right, cause Mario's fireballs are much more powerful than a Hadouken.rolleyes1

FortressXRuler
I never said that a fireball was more powerful than a Hadouken, yes a Hadouken is more powerful than a mario Fireball, but a Fireball is strong enough to take a powerful fighter with repeated blasts.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, compared to the faster Hadouken which would take out Mario in one blast.

FortressXRuler
Mario isn't slow, note I said this is Super Mario 64 Mario, who is extremely agile, and is a very fast runner, I don't think /mario would just stand and let himself be blasted.

Violent2Dope
Even tho he's fast in Mario 64, real people can run that fast and he is nowhere near superhuman in speed. He is very agile, but there is no possible way Mario wins. Ryu is faster, stronger, more powerful, experienced, and skilled.

ThoraxeRMG
Mario, doubt Ryu can beat a giant ass Fire ball. Mario has had More experience surprisingly.

Nikkolas
No effin' way Ryu is stronger.

Mario smashes castles and chucks them into the distance.

Also Mario has single-handedly taken down entire military fleets, ranging from tanks to airships.

Violent2Dope
Yeah, entire fleets with cannonballs that move slow as hell with untrained soldiers that are pathetically weak.Ryu would just hadouken the shit out of him. And that strength feat is sketchy at best, if he's so strong, why does he not use it while fighting?

Nikkolas
What do you mean?

He DOES use it while fighting.

That's why his jumping on your head can kill opponents.

And the cannonballs and giant bullets only LOOK slow to Mario. Mario who can actually run straight up walls.

It could be theorized he simply is so fast that cannonballs are slow in comparison.

Violent2Dope
Jumping on someone is not strength, it's weight. Run up walls? When?

Nikkolas
During the Platformer games. There's spots where you have to charge the run thing and then you can speed up the walls.

And it is strength. Leg strength. That's why Mario can jump so effin' high.

And he's smacking it down on the head of his enemies.

BlaxicanHydra
How is it weight? The man is 4' nothing, yet he can crush enemies in one hit, lift and hurl Bowser whose weight is probably in the multiple hundreds, if not thousands, punch castle walls etc. He can also jump onto lava and survive.

When has Ryu ever jumped into Lava and lived?

Violent2Dope
Mario in most games when he jumps into lava he dies. I never said he wasn't strong, only that him jumping on enemies is not strength, it's his weight that crushes enemies. He shows leg strength by how high he jumps, sure, but Ryu can jump as high, actually probably higher. Mario never picks Bowser up, he swings him by the tail, which is still impressive as he's probably abou 4 tons. And which game did Mario run up walls, I can't remember?

Nikkolas
The only Super Mario I really play is SMB3 and SM World. (the first one)

So I'd say in one of those.

And Bowser gets bigger and bigger throughout Mario 64. Yet Mario can still chuck him dozens of feet into the air and to the side while swinging him around with no real change in effort.

Guilty Gear
Ryu curbstomps his ass to oblivion.

spidey-dude
if mario has star power than yah he can take on ryu easy. without it hes dead meat

ESB -1138
Mario can take this. He's not as weak as everyone thinks he is. Not to mention he excels at every single sport he has ever played; soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, the Olympic Games, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Not to mention he has done more then any other character because unlike them he actually has a 20+ year history of doing heroic deeds.

Stopped Donkey Kong, stopped invading creatures coming out of pipes, defeated Bowser many, many times, defeated Wart, fought thousands of Koopas, Goombas, Hammer Bros., and much, much more. Not to mention the powerful Bob-ombs, Count Bleck, the Shroom Queen, Shadow Mario, King Bob-omb, Gomboss, and so many more enemies that it seems impossible to actually name every feat Mario has done.

Mario is easily able to hold his own against Ryu if not best him.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Mario can take this. He's not as weak as everyone thinks he is. Not to mention he excels at every single sport he has ever played; soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, the Olympic Games, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Not to mention he has done more then any other character because unlike them he actually has a 20+ year history of doing heroic deeds.

Stopped Donkey Kong, stopped invading creatures coming out of pipes, defeated Bowser many, many times, defeated Wart, fought thousands of Koopas, Goombas, Hammer Bros., and much, much more. Not to mention the powerful Bob-ombs, Count Bleck, the Shroom Queen, Shadow Mario, King Bob-omb, Gomboss, and so many more enemies that it seems impossible to actually name every feat Mario has done.

Mario is easily able to hold his own against Ryu if not best him. You make that sound more impressive than it is. All of said characters are all weaker than Ryu.

Nikkolas
Bull snap.

Bowser can teleport and survive being dumped in lava as well as jump dozens, if not hundreds, of feet in the air.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Bull snap.

Bowser can teleport and survive being dumped in lava as well as jump dozens, if not hundreds, of feet in the air. Bowser can survive in Lava because that's his natural habitat yo. When did Bowser tele? Big deal for his jumping, how would that slow jump help in a fight?

Nikkolas
It be useful when his jumping dozens of feet in the air combines with his multi-ton weight to send shockwaves through the ground.

Violent2Dope
True, but said shockwaves are easy to avoid for Ryu who would Hadouken the crap out of him.

Last Fre3lancer
Bowser would turn around or hide in his shell to protect him from the Hadouken. Bowser's not as dumb as everyone thinks.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Last Fre3lancer
Bowser would turn around or hide in his shell to protect him from the Hadouken. Bowser's not as dumb as everyone thinks. Bowser is a joke villain, but he shouldn't feel bad as most Nintendo villains are(one of the reasons I like Ganon, he's actually competant). Why does Bowser's shell not protect him against Mario's fireballs, let alone a Hadouken which blows holes in skyscrapers(this is before Oro's training mind you). In the original Mario you beat Bowser by jumping over him and hitting a switch to knock him in Lava,oh yeah he's real powerful and smart.rolleyes1

Last Fre3lancer
This is also underrating Bowser.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Last Fre3lancer
This is also underrating Bowser. How? Everything I said is true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.