SS, Thor & Gladiator vs.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Superman
and your choice GL (John, Kyle or Hal)

Space M ummy
Originally posted by BobbyD
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Superman

Which version of Thor?

regular thor= probably a stalemate, slight edge to marvel team (MM is the weak link here, he can only maintain superman levels for short periods of time)

King Thor= marvel team in a stomp.

BobbyD
Regular characters, please...

No Ion, Parallax, RKT or PC Superman.

Space M ummy
Regular characters, please...

No Ion, Parallax, RKT or PC Superman.

With Thor at "normal" power, slight edge to marvel team.
They're outnumbered but the DC team has exploitable weaknesses where the marvel team does not.

Superman= Very vulnerable to red solar radiation and kryptonite radiation
MM= still has a fire weakness, can't maintain peak power levels for long.

Surfer is not only substantially faster than anyone on the DC team, but is also versatile enough to exploit either of these weaknesses immediately, evening up the numbers.

Gladiator is basically superman as long as confidence isn't an issue (I'm assuming it's not, most forum battles assume "full confidence gladiator"wink and can go head to head with either superman, WW, or green lantern without a problem. MM would be torn apart in short order.

Thor is slower than most of the opposing team (depending..some scans have him traveling at lightspeed) but he has incredible durability and strength, a magic hammer that can absorb energy, and that Godforce is sufficient to knock out anyone on the opposing team in one shot if it's used.

I'd give the marvel team 6 or possibly 7 out of ten.

BobbyD
Very well written. Thanks Spacey Monkey, er...um... I mean, Space Mummy.

stick out tongue

pr1983
With Hal, Kyle or Kilowog, i'd give it to the DC team... with John or Guy, i'd go with Marvel, but only just...

there's noone on the marvel team that can't be beaten, they have weaknesses/limits that can be exploited imo...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Superman

DC in a Stomp. Thor, Surfer and Glads are all subject to a severe mind rape at the hands of Superman, Wonder Woman and MM. Any GL would be able to exploit Gladiator's weakness to that wierd Radation. MM can Mind attack while phased Weakening any opponent WW fights. While Superman Dominates Thor with Uber Speed. Hal Stalemates Surfer or Beats him in a hard fought battle. MM tips the battle in DC's favor. Or MM depowers Glads to nothing it's 4 on 2.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
DC in a Stomp. Thor, Surfer and Glads are all subject to a severe mind rape at the hands of Superman, Wonder Woman and MM. Any GL would be able to exploit Gladiator's weakness to that wierd Radation. MM can Mind attack while phased Weakening any opponent WW fights. While Superman Dominates Thor with Uber Speed. Hal Stalemates Surfer or Beats him in a hard fought battle. MM tips the battle in DC's favor. Or MM depowers Glads to nothing it's 4 on 2.

Uh,

1.) Surfer, Thor, and Gladiator all have resistance to mental attacks. ESPECIALLY surfer. "mind rape" won't get you very far when your opponent can shrug off attacks from the most powerful psionic weapon in the universe. (surfer vs. moondragon with mind gem)

2.) Gladiator has a weakness to a certain wavelength of radiation but this is not common knowledge (as it is with superman and kryptonite) and GL's do not possess cosmic awareness to know what it is and how to reproduce it, as surfer does.

3.) Superman can't dominate anyone with speed. Surfer and gladiator are both faster than he is. Much, Much faster. In this particular fight, surfer has the initiative to move before anyone else does (as he's the fastest, with gladiator being second fastest- both can exceed light speeds) and has the means to take out or severely weaken MM or Superman.

4.) how exactly is MM going to depower gladiator? Oh, BTW Thor and surfer can both hit phased beings with ease. There goes THAT theory.
And thor isn't slow by any means. he's the slowest here, but easily capable of hitting speeds of escape velocity or higher when he needs to.

DC is at a disadvantage here. not a huge one, but Thor, Gladiator, and Surfer have a slight edge.

pr1983
Originally posted by Space M ummy
3.) Superman can't dominate anyone with speed. Surfer and gladiator are both faster than he is. Much, Much faster. In this particular fight, surfer has the initiative to move before anyone else does (as he's the fastest, with gladiator being second fastest- both can exceed light speeds) and has the means to take out or severely weaken MM or Superman.

superman has flown at light speed on several occasions, but even with that in mind, his combat reaction time is as quick as anyone on the marvel team if not superior... he's not going to be speedblitzed by anyone...

also, Gl rings can be set to react if anyone reaches a certain speed coming towards it...

Space M ummy
Originally posted by pr1983
superman has flown at light speed on several occasions, but even with that in mind, his combat reaction time is as quick as anyone on the marvel team if not superior... he's not going to be speedblitzed by anyone...

also, Gl rings can be set to react if anyone reaches a certain speed coming towards it...

At light speed is one thing. surfer has gone half a million light years in SECONDS. that's several orders of magnitude faster. Superman is Not This Fast.

I'm aware green lanterns have autoshields, but Manhunters do not. If MM's telepathy is the biggest threat here (and I doubt it is, but for the sake of argument) he's going down first to surfer and easily, due to his vastly slower speed and the whole fire weakness thing. Surfer can also phase and hit phased objects, so phasing won't really help.

that limits the field almost immediately to 3 on 3, and in a fight with surfer-thor-gladiator and superman-GL-WW, I'd give it to the marvel team though by a slim margin. it really depends on strategy and who fights most intelligently.

h1a8
Uh,

1.) Surfer, Thor, and Gladiator all have resistance to mental attacks. ESPECIALLY surfer. "mind rape" won't get you very far when your opponent can shrug off attacks from the most powerful psionic weapon in the universe. (surfer vs. moondragon with mind gem)

2.) Gladiator has a weakness to a certain wavelength of radiation but this is not common knowledge (as it is with superman and kryptonite) and GL's do not possess cosmic awareness to know what it is and how to reproduce it, as surfer does.

4.) how exactly is MM going to depower gladiator? Oh, BTW Thor and surfer can both hit phased beings with ease. There goes THAT theory.
And thor isn't slow by any means. he's the slowest here, but easily capable of hitting speeds of escape velocity or higher when he needs to.

DC is at a disadvantage here. not a huge one, but Thor, Gladiator, and Surfer have a slight edge.

1. Resistance doesn't equal immunity. There are far too many instances showing Thor and SS getting mind rape or at least being seriously affected by mental powers. At least MM can slow them down enough for the others to seriously messed them up. And Superman can do this while he is blitzing them.

2. Doesn't matter. Even if kryptonite is common knowledge about superman's weakness then I don't see SS knowing how to make it just because of its name. The same is if I tell you that I'm weak to puducvi, you still wouldn't know what it is made out of to make it. And cosmic awareness doesn't give SS that power to know either (Read defn of cosmic awareness). In the comic where SS says he know what radiation that Gladiator is weak to doesn't prove that SS was telling the truth or his actual means of him it finding out. Thus it is not known if SS can find how to make kryptonite. And red solar radiation to weaken superman is not common knowledge.

3. It has been proven by other threads and also on panel that both SS and Gladiator don't move that fast in a battle situation. This is because traveling speed is not battle speed. For Gladiator and SS to even exceed the speed of light they have to accelerate through hyperspace (fact). And it has been shown that this takes several moments to do. Thus in a battle situation of proximity they would not only be fast enough to move at Superman's speed but they still wouldn't have the reflexes to stop Superman or Diana from attacking (Remember speed doesn't equal reflexes).
Superman is the fastest here by far. And Diana has arguably the best reflexes here (slightly edging out Superman in second).

4. Mind rape is everything when one is outnumbered by super fast beings. At least this would slow them down by them trying to fight the mind rape, which is more than enough for Diana to lasso SS and Superman to pummel thor. Then the Hal can easily handle Gladiator.

Honestly and objectively I don't see any way Marvel deals with D.C's speed and mind rape strategy. Let alone even without the mind rape I don't see Marvel with the fighting speed and reflexes to stop speed blitz's by Supes and Diana.

Space M ummy

nvrbeenwthagirl

Space M ummy
You do realize that Superman has gone far far faster than Light. And that WW has speed blitzed Amazo, Tagged Zoom, and Entered the speed force under her own power. So Where is this vaunted combat Speed advantage Surfer and Gladiator have? Also, MM has Superspeed as does GL. Thor Does NOT. And Moondragon with the Mind gem is a big JOB BER. when you show me her doing something impressive, then I'll think surfer resisting her is something to write home about. MM doesn't phase as you think either. He completely removes his essence. At any rate, he can completely depower Gladiator in less than a second by taking all of his confidence. Then what are surfer and thor to do against 4 uber powerful beings? Lose. That is what they will do.

Superman has not gone anywhere close to the speeds surfer has. if you have scans of him going a half million light years in a couple seconds or faster I'd love to see it.

I have the comic where wonder woman "tags" zoom. nice try. she admitted she wasn't as fast as he was and had to try to anticipate where he WOULD appear and lasso there first. Not a speed feat, just good strategy.

I'm aware jonn has superspeed, but he's not as fast as Surfer or Gladiator by any means.

I don't think YOURE aware that Thor DOES have superspeed, and there are scans of him flying at light speeds under his own power in the respect threads. even so, I admitted he was probably the slowest here.

No one has ever been shown to "take all of gladiator's confidence" by psionic means. if you have a scan, I'd love to see it, otherwise you're full of it. and I'm sure while he'll have lots of fun trying in the fraction of a second before he's lit on fire by the power cosmic or gladiator's heat vision.

h1a8

pr1983
At light speed is one thing. surfer has gone half a million light years in SECONDS. that's several orders of magnitude faster. Superman is Not This Fast.

I'm aware green lanterns have autoshields, but Manhunters do not. If MM's telepathy is the biggest threat here (and I doubt it is, but for the sake of argument) he's going down first to surfer and easily, due to his vastly slower speed and the whole fire weakness thing. Surfer can also phase and hit phased objects, so phasing won't really help.

that limits the field almost immediately to 3 on 3, and in a fight with surfer-thor-gladiator and superman-GL-WW, I'd give it to the marvel team though by a slim margin. it really depends on strategy and who fights most intelligently.

yes, he's flown at that speed, but what about combat reactions? superman is arguably superior in that respect...

manhunter isn't so slow as to not see the surfer coming, at the very least his advanced telepathy would warn him... and how do we know his phasing works on the same principles as surfer's?

if it did get down to 3v3, then sure, i'd say marvel would take it, but only because of Diana...

tooa/presence
Originally posted by h1a8
If they are so highly resistant to mind attacks then please explain there struggles against much weaker mind attacks before. I'm not saying that MM or Superman would mind rape them. I'm just saying that they would at least cause SS and Thor to falter at least an instant because of it. And that is all it would take.

And why do you use Gladiator's example when I rebutted it before you can bring it up? I said the scan doesn't show how SS knows his weakness. But you do make a good point so it is feasible that he is telling the truth. But there is no proof that he senses it. And even if he did, that doesn't automatically prove he can do the same for Superman.
But even if I'm wrong here then my argument at the bottom makes this moot.

And SS sensing the people in the scan you showed is part of his Cosmic awareness. Which allows him to sense beings in his vicinity (even light years away). It doesn't prove he can sense someone's weakness though. But maybe he can.

You mistake me. Yes, I and everyone (in the real world) do know that Superman is weak to red solar radiation (And I'm not new here). But that is not common knowledge. For common knowledge isn't what we know but what the characters in the comic know. Every character in D.C. knows Superman is weak against Kryptonite. But only a few know that red solar radiation is his weakness too.

And you mistake me again. I'm not arguing that SS isn't fast in battle or doesn't have super reflexes. SS is even faster than space wind. I'm arguing that he is nowhere near as fast as Superman in a battle situation (as far as battle close proximity acceleration). Or that SS has the reflexes to stop Superman from blitzing him. Showing him dodging Hulk is nothing, for even Spider-man can do that. And please do not prove to me that SS has fast traveling speeds. I along with everyone in existence concur to that. But it has nothing to do with his immediate

Plan A:

1. MM tries to mind rape SS in the first instant. In that same instant, while SS is trying to resist it, WW lassos him at the speed in which she lassoed Zoom.

2. Superman blitzs Thor and wins by KO.

3. And GL Hal and MM then easily beats Gladiator (or at least hold him off until Superman gets there).

Thus D.C. wins.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

pr1983
Originally posted by tooa/presence

language. tone it down etc...

h1a8
I forgot something.
Zoom slows down time in his own time reference. Which makes him super fast in normal time's reference. Now if he's manipulating time then he should have easily seen that that lasso was moving in slow motion and could have easily dodged it by avoiding it. But he was nabbed by it. Thus proving that the lasso was moving as fast as him or faster.

pr1983
I forgot something.
Zoom slows down time in his own time reference. Which makes him super fast in normal time's reference. Now if he's manipulating time then he should have easily seen that that lasso was moving in slow motion and could have easily dodged it by avoiding it. But he was nabbed by it. Thus proving that the lasso was moving as fast as him or faster.

uh, no dude... its called PIS... stick out tongue

llagrok
Did someone claim that Thor would get mindraped?

laughing out loud

quanchi112
DC in a Stomp. Thor, Surfer and Glads are all subject to a severe mind rape at the hands of Superman, Wonder Woman and MM. Any GL would be able to exploit Gladiator's weakness to that wierd Radation. MM can Mind attack while phased Weakening any opponent WW fights. While Superman Dominates Thor with Uber Speed. Hal Stalemates Surfer or Beats him in a hard fought battle. MM tips the battle in DC's favor. Or MM depowers Glads to nothing it's 4 on 2. dc has no answerto the silver surfer. team marvel routes them as surfer dispatches of superman. without superman the rest are easy pickens.

BobbyD
Question: If Clark says to Diana, "give me an end of your rope, you hold the other end, and I'll put it around Thor" (because that would be the easiest for Clark, imo), would that render him out of the fight? If so, can the 4 some take down SS and Gladiator then?

pr1983
Question: If Clark says to Diana, "give me an end of your rope, you hold the other end, and I'll put it around Thor" (because that would be the easiest for Clark, imo), would that render him out of the fight? If so, can the 4 some take down SS and Gladiator then?

theoretically it could happen, but they'd need to catch thor out, he's pretty fast...

BobbyD
theoretically it could happen, but they'd need to catch thor out, he's pretty fast...

Not thaaat fat though, right?

It wouldn't be like Clark having to chase down Gladiator or SS.

I'm mean Superman should be on top of Clark, before you hear Dear Odin.

Validus
I don't see why the DC team has an extra person on their team. That pretty much makes it stomp since everyone is relatively even.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman has not gone anywhere close to the speeds surfer has. if you have scans of him going a half million light years in a couple seconds or faster I'd love to see it.

I have the comic where wonder woman "tags" zoom. nice try. she admitted she wasn't as fast as he was and had to try to anticipate where he WOULD appear and lasso there first. Not a speed feat, just good strategy.

I'm aware jonn has superspeed, but he's not as fast as Surfer or Gladiator by any means.

I don't think YOURE aware that Thor DOES have superspeed, and there are scans of him flying at light speeds under his own power in the respect threads. even so, I admitted he was probably the slowest here.

No one has ever been shown to "take all of gladiator's confidence" by psionic means. if you have a scan, I'd love to see it, otherwise you're full of it. and I'm sure while he'll have lots of fun trying in the fraction of a second before he's lit on fire by the power cosmic or gladiator's heat vision. So exactly how is gladiator going to hit mm while phased? or invisible? can Glads see an invisible fly? Any way, No one has ever used psionic means to depower him, does it mean it can't happen? We know glads is subject to mind rape until proven that he is highly resistant. Glads loses big time to mm and they all gang bang thor and surfer.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Validus
I don't see why the DC team has an extra person on their team. That pretty much makes it stomp since everyone is relatively even.

My bad if it seems/is unfair. I really tried to make this even given what I know about each'es skill set.

I suppose I'm doing ok since this has gotten the response it has, and that many have gone with the Marvel 3some too.

But, what the heck do I know. big grin

Caps Conscience
language. tone it down etc...

Shut the **** up **** stick. Hows that for toning it down. Remember The Conscience.

Validus
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Shut the **** up **** stick. Hows that for toning it down. Remember The Conscience.
Your asterisks totally ruin your tough guy post.

quanchi112
So exactly how is gladiator going to hit mm while phased? or invisible? can Glads see an invisible fly? Any way, No one has ever used psionic means to depower him, does it mean it can't happen? We know glads is subject to mind rape until proven that he is highly resistant. Glads loses big time to mm and they all gang bang thor and surfer. surfer would have superman in the fetal position faster than ww could swing her lasso. team marvel with surfer on them has no one on dc who could match up with him hence why dc has four members.

marvel still wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Caps Conscience

Why the tone to a mod? They usually are pretty nice. Even to quan. stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
surfer would have superman in the fetal position faster than ww could swing her lasso. team marvel with surfer on them has no one on dc who could match up with him hence why dc has four members.

marvel still wins.

Um did you forget about Hal jordan?

quanchi112
Um did you forget about Hal jordan? surfer would beat supes down and hal would soon follow suit. supes is more than hal jordan can ever be. its not like hal is parallax or the spectre here.

h1a8
uh, no dude... its called PIS... stick out tongue

It is hard to say. As she has FTL reflexes and can move her limbs FTL.
Which has been shown too many times to be PIS.

h1a8
Originally posted by tooa/presence

Then refute plan A.

h1a8
Plan A:

1. MM tries to mind rape SS in the first instant. In that same instant, while SS is trying to resist it, WW lassos him at the speed in which she lassoed Zoom.

3. And GL Hal and MM then easily beats Gladiator (or at least hold him off until Superman gets there).

Thus D.C. wins.

quanchi112
Plan A:

Thus D.C. wins. wrong. silver surfer resists and kills ww off the bat. thor takes a few licks from superman but doesnt go down that easy and bats him away with a hammer strike. gl hal beats gladiator while surfer crushes superman. thor ans surfer eliminate mm and gl hal.

Trolt
anytime the argument goes to FTL speeds it's just plain retarded.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
wrong. silver surfer resists and kills ww off the bat. thor takes a few licks from superman but doesnt go down that easy and bats him away with a hammer strike. gl hal beats gladiator while surfer crushes superman. thor ans surfer eliminate mm and gl hal.

wrong. the instant ss tries to resist he gets lassoed. And resisting isn't the same as non-effect (and you already agreed that ss has to resist).
Supes knocks Thor out for the count in milliseconds (Have you ever heard of a combo?).

pr1983
It is hard to say. As she has FTL reflexes and can move her limbs FTL.
Which has been shown too many times to be PIS.

the only person in existence who should really be able to touch zoom is wally, or bart, but he'd dead...

h1a8
the only person in existence who should really be able to touch zoom is wally, or bart, but he'd dead...

False. No flash, including Zoom, moves at their maximum speed in comics most of the time, which is far faster than light. But they all tend to move speeds much slower than light at least 99% of the time. So Diana tagging Zoom when she has constantly proven to have FTL limbs and reflexes many many times is by no means PIS.
And IMO, D.C. had Diana to enter the speed force under her own power to explain why she can react and move her limbs FTL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.