h/p doomsday vs pre crisis mongul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
did a search, been done before,not like this though.
who takes the majority?

Galan007
There are very few things that can take out H/P DD.

PC Mongul is not one of them, imo.

lordboo
Originally posted by Galan007
There are very few things that can take out H/P DD.

PC Mongul is not one of them, imo.
wasnt pc mongul like 3 times as strong as supes?

Tazer
Yo.

good grief!! does sumbody hate h/p DD or something???

Tazer

Validus
Originally posted by lordboo
wasnt pc mongul like 3 times as strong as supes?
No, that was me.

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
did a search, been done before,not like this though.
who takes the majority?

Doomsday FTW

Grinning Goku
Doomsday.

Superboy Prime
Mongul should use his brains and punch HP Doomsday out or orbit.

charlemagne9746
DD is no where near as strong as pre-crisis DC powerhouses. Mongul could take this...via BFR.

quanchi112
doomsday wins this.

charlemagne9746
how can you compare? Could current Supes beat pre-crisis Supes? I see it as the same thing...pre-crisis powers....such as Mongul in this fight...are on a different level.

Evil_Ash
Pre-Crisis Mongul.

He was stronger than Pre-Crisis Supes for christ shake! The only time Supes really beat him was when he went all out with heat vision and strength... and Supes fell unconscious afterwards.

Like said, he could just punch Doomsday out of orbit.

h1a8
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Pre-Crisis Mongul.

He was stronger than Pre-Crisis Supes for christ shake! The only time Supes really beat him was when he went all out with heat vision and strength... and Supes fell unconscious afterwards.

Like said, he could just punch Doomsday out of orbit.

DD is too fast for Mongul.
He knocked 5 members of the JL (including Superman) at the simultaneously before they could respond. Even superman was complaining of his speed. HP DD is much worst. His protrutions shot out and in which they went straight through Superman's shoulder like liquid, before Superman could even respond. He could do the same to Mongul but through his brains instead. Yuk!

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by h1a8
DD is too fast for Mongul.
He knocked 5 members of the JL (including Superman) at the simultaneously before they could respond. Even superman was complaining of his speed. HP DD is much worst. His protrutions shot out and in which they went straight through Superman's shoulder like liquid, before Superman could even respond. He could do the same to Mongul but through his brains instead. Yuk!

Mongul >>>>>>>> Pre-Crisis Superman >>>>>>>> Post-Crisis Superman. no expression

kevdude
Whoever gets the first shot er punch wins stick out tongue

h1a8
Mongul >>>>>>>> Pre-Crisis Superman >>>>>>>> Post-Crisis Superman. no expression

Only in strength (which is arguable since Superman has mental blocks that prevent him from killing).
But not in speed nor durability.

He loses to HP DD easily.

Evil_Ash
Only in strength (which is arguable since Superman has mental blocks that prevent him from killing).

In "For the Man Who has Everything", it was Superman's speed and heat vision that hurt Mongul more than his strength. Yes, Superman almost killed him, but then again Mongul almost killed him as well.

But not in speed nor durability.

He loses to HP DD easily.

What... the hell are you talking about?

He was virtually unaffected by Hal Jordan (GL) and Supergirl combined.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DC_Comics_Presents43-11.jpg

Has taken on both Superman & the Legion of Super Heroes
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DC_Comics_Presents43-15.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DC_Comics_Presents43-16.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DC_Comics_Presents43-17.jpg

Oh, and just for the heck of it....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Mongul-DCP27.jpg

What was Doomsday going to do against him again?

h1a8
What was Doomsday going to do against him again?

Make his bony protrusions go right through his head like liquid.
One shot kill.

Evil_Ash
Make his bony protrusions go right through his head like liquid.
One shot kill.

Mongul punches him into orbit before he would have a chance to do something like that....

Would Doomsday's bony protrusions actually pierce Mongul's skin anyway?

quanchi112
Mongul punches him into orbit before he would have a chance to do something like that....

Would Doomsday's bony protrusions actually pierce Mongul's skin anyway? doomsday took over apokolips and darkseid like nothing. granted thats not that big of athing but he also killed cannon fodder gl's left and right. wait maybe u have a point. as these arent as great or as big of feats as ud think. but nah doomsday still has what it takes to kill mongul.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by quanchi112
wait maybe u have a point. as these arent as great or as big of feats as ud think.

I've never said they were either, Mr. Phail. ermm

quanchi112
I've never said they were either, Mr. Phail. ermm doomsday adapts for the win. not hard to figure this out is it?

Evil_Ash
doomsday adapts for the win. not hard to figure this out is it?

If Superboy Prime can beat Doomsday....

Which you thought in the SPB vs DD thread...

Then why can't Mongul?

quanchi112
If Superboy Prime can beat Doomsday....

Which you thought in the SPB vs DD thread...

Then why can't Mongul? mongul is no sbp.

Evil_Ash
mongul is no sbp.

Pre-Crisis Mongul >>>>>>>>>> Pre-Crisis Superman >>>>>>>>> Superboy Prime. no expression

quanchi112
Pre-Crisis Mongul >>>>>>>>>> Pre-Crisis Superman >>>>>>>>> Superboy Prime. no expression not buying what you are selling. sorry no way. sbp wrkeced the speed barrier and had to be depowered to lose.

Evil_Ash
not buying what you are selling. sorry no way. sbp wrkeced the speed barrier and had to be depowered to lose.

Ignorant moron.

Mongul was above Pre-Crisis Kryptonians.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/supermanvsmongul3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/supermanvsmongul4.jpg

quanchi112
Ignorant moron.

Mongul was above Pre-Crisis Kryptonians.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/supermanvsmongul3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/supermanvsmongul4.jpg not sbp. where is sbp in that scan.

laughing

sbp would have to be depowered to lose to mongul. bottom line.

Evil_Ash
not sbp. where is sbp in that scan.

laughing

sbp would have to be depowered to lose to mongul. bottom line.

What.... in God's name are you babbling about?!

Superboy Prime is no different than any other Pre-Crisis Kryptonian....

Damn, your idiocy is getting really annoying....

Estacado
not buying what you are selling. sorry no way. sbp wrkeced the speed barrier and had to be depowered to lose.
laughing laughing laughing laughing
You haven't read much Pre-Crisis stuff did you?

h1a8

Would Doomsday's bony protrusions actually pierce Mongul's skin anyway?

What?
Do you know who Doomsday is?
Do you know how fast and relentless he is?
Do you know how powerful he is?
Please read (or reread) DOS and the HP series.
It is no way you would be saying this stuff or asking these kinds of questions.

This isn't even a good thread. Trust me, I will not lie to you here.
Mongul would get killed badly. He wouldn't even last even last 10 seconds. I promise.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
laughing laughing laughing laughing
You haven't read much Pre-Crisis stuff did you? have u read any doomsday stuff. hes a monster and wins this every damn time.

Estacado
have u read any doomsday stuff. hes a monster and wins this every damn time.
no expression
I have all DD comics and I made the DD respect thread.
Still he is nowhere near a Pre-Crisis Supes.

quanchi112
no expression
I have all DD comics and I made the DD respect thread.
Still he is nowhere near a Pre-Crisis Supes. he adapts. geez he killed a guardian right. he was wrecking all of apokolips and was crushing even darkseid himself after he soloed pretty much the entire planet. do u think precrisis supes could show up on apokolips now and solo everyone on there?

Estacado
he adapts. geez he killed a guardian right. he was wrecking all of apokolips and was crushing even darkseid himself after he soloed pretty much the entire planet. do u think precrisis supes could show up on apokolips now and solo everyone on there?
DD never faced anyone mentionable on Apokolips except DS (avatar) and yes PC Supes could wreck "current" Apokolips.
Still DD should have had a size an ant compared to others cause he wasn't boomtubed to the planet.

quanchi112
DD never faced anyone mentionable on Apokolips except DS (avatar) and yes PC Supes could wreck "current" Apokolips.
Still DD should have had a size an ant compared to others cause he wasn't boomtubed to the planet. first off that wasnt an avatar. prove it. it makes no sense that superman saved an avatar. secondly precrisis supes wrecking apokolips proves one thing that apokolips has been weakened since the crisis. even though they are supposed to be outside its influence it only makes sense.

starking
Threads like these, make me hate this forum...

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Threads like these, make me hate this forum... ignore the threads u dont like. thats what i do, why read something that makes u angry.

quanchi112

Damn, your idiocy is getting really annoying.... did all precrisis kryptonians fly around with armor feeding them energy and powering them up.

gotcha!!!!!!

Tazer
Yo.

he adapts. geez he killed a guardian right. he was wrecking all of apokolips and was crushing even darkseid himself after he soloed pretty much the entire planet. do u think precrisis supes could show up on apokolips now and solo everyone on there?

DD didnt kill an Oan; that Oan commited suicide.

Tazer

starking
ignore the threads u dont like. thats what i do, why read something that makes u angry. Hmm, not only are you a hypocrite, but your a copycat..
first off mind your own busness. he admitted the other day to creating a spite thread to antagonize me. he calles peple retards in most of his posts and just jumps down peoples throats before taking the time to actually read the posts.

and one other thing dont tell me what to do ...ever. ok.

wink

You want people to stay out of your business, yet you have the right to get in others?

And it's funny how you tell people to get off your back, after I tell you to do the same.

Stop responding to me, I want you OUT of my business.

i come here to prove points. i dont care what u say. im not imsulting im merely showing u the light. im really sorry if i hurt ur feelings and im just here to argue comics ok.

a feat isnt a feat until one does it.

have a great night,ok.

smile

Tazer
Yo.

Damn, your idiocy is getting really annoying....

SBP is different in that his super-abilities kicked in after seeing Haleys Comet as a teen; previous to that he was just like every other humanoid life-form on Earth.

Tazer

llagrok
In Quanchi's mind, Superboy prime is 3x as strong as Pre crises superman :/

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
In Quanchi's mind, Superboy prime is 3x as strong as Pre crises superman :/ when did i say that.

laughing

quanchi112
Hmm, not only are you a hypocrite, but your a copycat..

You want people to stay out of your business, yet you have the right to get in others?

And it's funny how you tell people to get off your back, after I tell you to do the same. i was reponding to what he said to me. u just jump in ther going all crazy sometimes telling me how bad you hate me and avoiding the comic book part of the discussion. dont go in threads u dont like. its common sense. u show up in them and whine how u hate them. stay out. i argue comics i dont tell people i hate them and wish theyd leave. please be mature here starking.

i have no problem with you,k.

you be well.

smile

Endless Mike
Mongul puts him in the energy cube that shrinks him and saps his powers

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Mongul puts him in the energy cube that shrinks him and saps his powers mongul puts him nowhere and doomsday shoots a bone out of him into his thorat, doomsday wins. hes to much.

Estacado
mongul puts him nowhere and doomsday shoots a bone out of him into his thorat, doomsday wins. hes to much.
He is too much?
Why?
Just because you like him better?

quanchi112
He is too much?
Why?
Just because you like him better? becuz ive seen what he is capable of. why do i have to be a fnboy. hell i have said doomsday could lose countless times before but now since i favor him im a fanboy.

laughing

Estacado
becuz ive seen what he is capable of. why do i have to be a fnboy. hell i have said doomsday could lose countless times before but now since i favor him im a fanboy.

laughing
So you say that H/P Doomsday could beat Pre-Crisis Superman?

quanchi112
So you say that H/P Doomsday could beat Pre-Crisis Superman? is that the thread here? no it isnt. doomsday wins here. mongul dies.

Estacado
is that the thread here? no it isnt. doomsday wins here. mongul dies.
huh

quanchi112
huh do u know what thread you are in?

BlaxicanHydra
Harry Potter Doomsday pwns Mongul.

Estacado
do u know what thread you are in?
I know....... but I see that you couldn't comprehend the meaning of my question you are either handicapped or you are just a 12 year old little kid.

Oh and Mongul wins with BFR.

Superherovandal
H/P Doomsday...he'd evolve past every attack of Mongul...I've seen what PC Mongul could do...He's pwned the JLA...and the Legion of Superheroes with Supes before...but H/P Doomsday wasn't being stopped by anything...and was evolving incredibly quickly to anything...he'd win...

Estacado
Originally posted by Superherovandal
H/P Doomsday...he'd evolve past every attack of Mongul...I've seen what PC Mongul could do...He's pwned the JLA...and the Legion of Superheroes with Supes before...but H/P Doomsday wasn't being stopped by anything...and was evolving incredibly quickly to anything...he'd win...
BFR.ermmfist

quanchi112
BFR.ermmfist sorry friend but ur wrong as always. doomsday wins. hes to much for a plent of the new gods. i mean he curbstomped them. utter rape of ds and all his parademon pals. mongul dies.

Estacado
sorry friend but ur wrong as always. doomsday wins. hes to much for a plent of the new gods. i mean he curbstomped them. utter rape of ds and all his parademon pals. mongul dies.
Can you understand this is Pre-Crisis?
When did DD curbstomb the New Gods?
Also can you explain why can't Mongul bfr him?

charlemagne9746
what quanchi doesn't understand is the total power of pre-crisis beings. Doomsday..was NEVER...EVER a pre-crisis being...since he was created afterwards.

You wanna know how strong SBP is....well, he got punched out of the solar system by Validus....and Validus put Mon-El through a planet. Validus and Mongul>>>>>>>>>Mon-El or Superman, and SBP.

Pre-Crisis beings tow planets, galaxies. They can sneeze solar systems away. If Supes can sneeze one away....you damn well better believe Mongul could do the same. When has Doomsday been known to destroy solar systems or blow out stars like match sticks? When has Doomsday been able to tow multiple planets like nothing? NEVER

Don't get me wrong...I like DD a lot better than Mongul, but there is no freakin' way DD can hang with a pre-crisis being. Mongul could thump him with his index finger and send him into orbit....it's within his powerset to do so. It wouldn't matter if DD evolved or not...he'd be in orbit.

One more thing....DD was physically beaten to death by Post-Crisis superman...huh. How hard do you reckon pre-crisis Mongul would punch him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
what quanchi doesn't understand is the total power of pre-crisis beings. Doomsday..was NEVER...EVER a pre-crisis being...since he was created afterwards.

You wanna know how strong SBP is....well, he got punched out of the solar system by Validus....and Validus put Mon-El through a planet. Validus and Mongul>>>>>>>>>Mon-El or Superman, and SBP.

Pre-Crisis beings tow planets, galaxies. They can sneeze solar systems away. If Supes can sneeze one away....you damn well better believe Mongul could do the same. When has Doomsday been known to destroy solar systems or blow out stars like match sticks? When has Doomsday been able to tow multiple planets like nothing? NEVER

Don't get me wrong...I like DD a lot better than Mongul, but there is no freakin' way DD can hang with a pre-crisis being. Mongul could thump him with his index finger and send him into orbit....it's within his powerset to do so. It wouldn't matter if DD evolved or not...he'd be in orbit.

One more thing....DD was physically beaten to death by Post-Crisis superman...huh. How hard do you reckon pre-crisis Mongul would punch him? doomsday gets more powerful as he faces more and more oppsition. he stalemated superman but fought him and was killing himand supes needed help. supes won becuz he always wins in dc. thats it. supes did man up and fight him while ds thought he was unbeatable. supes needed a motherbox and waverider and some luck for the win.

charlemagne9746
doomsday gets more powerful as he faces more and more oppsition. he stalemated superman but fought him and was killing himand supes needed help. supes won becuz he always wins in dc. thats it. supes did man up and fight him while ds thought he was unbeatable. supes needed a motherbox and waverider and some luck for the win.

doesn't matter...DD has never fought anyone on the level of a pre-crisis being....except Imperiex...and Imperiex killed DD in one blast.

batdude123
Btw, Pre-Crisis Superman's crazier feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pre-Crisis Mongul... easily.

Estacado
doesn't matter...DD has never fought anyone on the level of a pre-crisis being....except Imperiex...and Imperiex killed DD in one blast.
Quanchi thinks that the Celestials could beat Mxy ,Anti-Monitor and Parallax at the same time.....

quanchi112
doesn't matter...DD has never fought anyone on the level of a pre-crisis being....except Imperiex...and Imperiex killed DD in one blast. ur comparing imperiex to mongul?

laughing

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by batdude123
Btw, Pre-Crisis Superman's crazier feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pre-Crisis Mongul... easily.

maybe so...but, it's admitted on panel that Mongul is stronger.

quanchi112
maybe so...but, it's admitted on panel that Mongul is stronger. ur reaching here. mongul loses as doomsday adapts to eevrything thrown his way.

charlemagne9746
ur comparing imperiex to mongul?

laughing

what are you laughing about...you think Thanos can whip Imperiex.

batdude123
maybe so...but, it's admitted on panel that Mongul is stronger.

And that means shit. A lot of stupid things have been said on panel. 80's Superman was waning in terms of strength and overall power. Not a good way to compare him with Mongul in terms of overall history during the Pre-Crisis era.

charlemagne9746
ur reaching here. mongul loses as doomsday adapts to eevrything thrown his way.

reaching for what? DD sure didn't adapt to Superman killing him. He didn't adapt to Imperiex killing him. DS put Doomsday's ass down in H/P before he turned his back....and DD was knocked out for a few seconds.....and the current DS does not hit like a pre-crisis being.

How is DD adapting going to do him any good when all it takes is one punch to put DD in orbit? DD does not have the strength nor speed to take on Mongul. However, if DD was written earlier...in the pre-crisis days...with pre-crisis powers...he'd pwn Mongul anyday of the week. But, that's not the case here, is it?

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by batdude123
And that means shit. A lot of stupid things have been said on panel. 80's Superman was waning in terms of strength and overall power. Not a good way to compare him with Mongul in terms of overall history during the Pre-Crisis era.

You don't necessarily have to compare on panel feats to determine if someone is stronger. It is generally agreed that Thanos is stronger than Hulk...yet, Hulk has much better strength feats than Thanos has ever shown. The Omega and Validus have far less feats than pre-crisis Superman, yet no one doubts that they are far above Superman in terms of strength. The same goes with Mongul. Just because the writers have never shown Mongul performing these great strength feats doesn't mean that he is weaker than Superman.

batdude123
You don't necessarily have to compare on panel feats to determine if someone is stronger. It is generally agreed that Thanos is stronger than Hulk...yet, Hulk has much better strength feats than Thanos has ever shown. The Omega and Validus have far less feats than pre-crisis Superman, yet no one doubts that they are far above Superman in terms of strength. The same goes with Mongul. Just because the writers have never shown Mongul performing these great strength feats doesn't mean that he is weaker than Superman.

The Superman Mongul fought wasn't actually as powerful as he was in the sixties and seventies. You don't need to lecture me about how direct comparisons hold more worth than strength feats by themselves. Early eighties Superman wasn't being written by LSD junkies anymore. There was a humongous difference.

In terms of overall impressiveness, power, etc, Pre-Crisis Superman>>>>>>Pre-C Mongul.

Tazer
Yo.

sorry friend but ur wrong as always. doomsday wins. hes to much for a plent of the new gods. i mean he curbstomped them. utter rape of ds and all his parademon pals. mongul dies.

thats a bit of a misnomer, as the "New Gods" DD fought were mostly the grunts of Apokolips, rather than a group like the Deep Six, or the Female Furies......or even the Hunger Dogs; the only recognizable person he fought was DS.

also, didnt E-2 Supes fight him and *manhandle* DD in a comic??

Tazer

h1a8
Let me simplify this debate.
Can HP DD send a protrusion through Mongul's head?
Can HP DD do this before Mongul can respond?

If the answer is no to any one of those questions then it is feasible that Mongul can win due to BFR. So I will try to convince you all that both questions can be answered yes.

1. Even though P.C. Superman was a lot more powerful than Post Superman, his durability was roughly the same (feat wise). I would go as far as to say his durability was twice as great as Post Superman's (Even though comparative comic feats shows otherwise).

2. Wood is at least a thousand times stronger than liquid. Imagine the force needed to penetrate a wooden slab and then a liquid slap. I'm sure everyone would agree that a thousands times less the force and one will be still able to penetrate liquid.

3. DD protrusions went through Superman's shoulder like liquid. The sound that was made doing this was "thikt!" And the panel showed Superman's shoulder as of made out of liquid went it passed through.

4. Mongul's head is about as durable as P.C. Superman's. If not then then no more than two times more durable. Thus, by math, since Mongul's physical durability is no more than 4 times that of Post Superman then DD easily is able to penetrate his head with a protrusion send. For 4 times is much less than a thousand.

5. Mongul's reflexes are no more greater than Post Superman's. As he was never shown to have greater ones but only worst ones. The protrusion send by DD was so fast that Post Superman couldn't even respond. Thus Mongul wouldn't be able to respond the protrusions send either.

Thus DD wins this everytime.

quanchi112
Let me simplify this debate.
Can HP DD send a protrusion through Mongul's head?
Can HP DD do this before Mongul can respond?

If the answer is no to any one of those questions then it is feasible that Mongul can win due to BFR. So I will try to convince you all that both questions can be answered yes.

1. Even though P.C. Superman was a lot more powerful than Post Superman, his durability was roughly the same (feat wise). I would go as far as to say his durability was twice as great as Post Superman's (Even though comparative comic feats shows otherwise).

2. Wood is at least a thousand times stronger than liquid. Imagine the force needed to penetrate a wooden slab and then a liquid slap. I'm sure everyone would agree that a thousands times less the force and one will be still able to penetrate liquid.

3. DD protrusions went through Superman's shoulder like liquid. The sound that was made doing this was "thikt!" And the panel showed Superman's shoulder as of made out of liquid went it passed through.

4. Mongul's head is about as durable as P.C. Superman's. If not then then no more than two times more durable. Thus, by math, since Mongul's physical durability is no more than 4 times that of Post Superman then DD easily is able to penetrate his head with a protrusion send. For 4 times is much less than a thousand.

5. Mongul's reflexes are no more greater than Post Superman's. As he was never shown to have greater ones but only worst ones. The protrusion send by DD was so fast that Post Superman couldn't even respond. Thus Mongul wouldn't be able to respond the protrusions send either.

Thus DD wins this everytime. for once i agree with you. doomsday adapts and conquers mongul. simple as pie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.