Odin vs Mundus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Mundus and his evil hordes attempt to take over Asgard...can Odin and company stop him, or will Mundus prevail. Mundus is the primary antagonist in the Devil May Cry series.

Superboy Prime
Odin 1 million/10.

DMC's skyfather beings are not worth the hype.

quanchi112
if dnates dumbas can do it. odin does it with utter ease.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by quanchi112

Dante is pretty uber, in my opinion. With his abilities and devil trigger...I'd say he could take it to guys like Thor.

Superboy Prime
I don't want to sound like I'm downplaying Dante....but guys like Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman are a league above him. They would need to get written badly while Dante is written at his best to make it an even matchup.

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Dante is pretty uber, in my opinion. With his abilities and devil trigger...I'd say he could take it to guys like Thor. dante would get beat by thor. its as simple as that. dante can only barrel away from him so many times till his luck runs out.

guy222
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Mundus and his evil hordes attempt to take over Asgard...can Odin and company stop him, or will Mundus prevail. Mundus is the primary antagonist in the Devil May Cry series.

odin ftw

Superboy Prime
Edit

quanchi112
odin could take on everyone in devil may cry 1 and beat them at once. odins to powerful.

Superboy Prime
Agreed.

Charlotte DeBel
Mundus gets killed and disintegrated against Odin (as well as Dante). Horribly. I see that both Spawn and Dante rogue gallery get a lot of overhyping ot that forum today.

I've already said under what curcumstances Dante has chances to beat Superman- if it's not pissed off\properly motivated Supes and if he gets close enough to him to use timestop powers. Dante's high demonic form is durable enough to stay conscious the time it's needed to think "stop".

Against "people" like Ion, SIlver Surfer Dante doesn't have any trump cards at all and loses badly.
Dante vs Thor...honestly, I've no idea. Dante is more about skills, he has never displayed great strength in terms of lifting stuff even in high demonic (Sparda) form (I'm not talking about force of hits which is absolutely different thing from lifting strength), Thor is a brawler with versalite weapon.
The only thing I can say for sure about their encounter is that it would be next to impossible to knock flying Dante with mystical lightning, since his very ability to fly in regular demonic form comes from channeling said lightning into himself. So it would be like trying to knock Superman down with an yellow sunlight. But Thor has plenty of other ways to beat Dante (though Dante is able to control fire, lightning, cold and wind via channeling their demonic embodiments (be it Devil Arms or medallions) powers into himself) and that would be an interesting battle. Though I don't think Dante is able to resist godblast even given his near immortality and almost total immunity to magic in high demonic form.
In high demonic form Dante is pretty much immune to direct magical assault. It would take Odin-level magic to take him down for sure via direct attack (weaker attacks would be simply deflected)...

But again, Dante has never displayed universe-level power himself, he has never demonstrated even planet-destroying abilities on panel (genre restrictions, probably) and his fight with Despair Embodied showed more Dante being cunning and clever fighter than being hella powerful. There's an interesting stuff about guns as weapon of choise to kill that enemy- demons and dark gods in DMC were used to pure energy blasts etc and have never thought about firearms seriously as "mortal weapon". So Dante just used his charging ability to pull a trojan horse trick (I feel sad about Dante, if he suddenly decides to be "traditional" and simply fire all his demonic energy into simple ennergy blast instead of charging his guns with it and giving the deity the same but in seemingly harmless form).
In pure offensive power competition our handsome whitehaired devil gets tottaly outclassed.
Dante will never beat Silver Surfer, Ion, motivated or pissed-off (that means immune to magic) Superman. Period. Those who think the can beat Living Tribunal or Thanos should be killed to keep fandom sanity.

Dante is good and powerful, but at his very best he's 2nd age Spawn level with lot less offensive abilities.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Quanchi, I hate kiddish insult contests, but do you really want to hear what I think about your precious Kain, darling? He loses to all the people Dante loses to and to some extent his losing record would be even more horrible.

Superboy Prime
Thor is the god of lightning. It could be possible for him to disable Dante's command over lightning. Thor has Dante beat in every physical stat I am afraid. He is vastly stronger, more durable and his damage soak is above Dante's--and that's saying a lot. The real threat is MJOLNIR. With it Thor can battlefield remove Dante to another dimension. He can steal his soul. He can absorb any energy output Dante shoots at him and redirect it twice as powerful. Thor's actually very skilled himself and has had thousands of years of experience. Thor could godblast Dante. The Godblast being powerful enough to send a hungry Galactus packing and actually slow down Classic Juggernaut. Thor has even cracked a Celestial's dome. I could go on, but I will fall asleep before I'm finished with every single feat Thor has accomplished with MJOLNIR.

Only stat I am willing to give Dante is combat speed. But even Thor himself can move as fast as lightning during combat.

Like I said earlier...if Thor/SS/Supes/GL Hal & Kyle/High Heralds are badly written and Dante is written at his best he can win. A bad written Thor is the Thor you see meleeing Savage Hulk and just throwing his hammer around like a moron for the win.

Charlotte DeBel
I'm not saying that Dante can beat Thor- almost anything Dante can Thor can do better. I see it rather diffucult even for Thor to overloadg Dante with lightning when he's in flight, but he has plethora of other, faster and simpler ways to deal with Dante (BFR him into another dimension or godblast is the most lethal ones, Dante can resist soul suck to some degree but that's for about 10-15 minutes before getting killed).

Mjolnir is more powerful and versalite that entire Dante's arsenal of weaponry combined and that's just one weapon.

Skillwise Thor is more about brawling than graceful fighting, but hand to hand Dante would have to block and avoid his attacks because physically Thor is a lot stronger- Dante has no too over the top lifting feats and his strength showings are related to the force of hits, not lifting strength.
"Lightning speed" is the same eexplanation as used when talking about Dante's combat speed sometimes.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Thor is the god of lightning. It could be possible for him to disable Dante's command over lightning. Thor has Dante beat in every physical stat I am afraid. He is vastly stronger, more durable and his damage soak is above Dante's--and that's saying a lot. The real threat is MJOLNIR. With it Thor can battlefield remove Dante to another dimension. He can steal his soul. He can absorb any energy output Dante shoots at him and redirect it twice as powerful. Thor's actually very skilled himself and has had thousands of years of experience. Thor could godblast Dante. The Godblast being powerful enough to send a hungry Galactus packing and actually slow down Classic Juggernaut. Thor has even cracked a Celestial's dome. I could go on, but I will fall asleep before I'm finished with every single feat Thor has accomplished with MJOLNIR.

Only stat I am willing to give Dante is combat speed. But even Thor himself can move as fast as lightning during combat.

Like I said earlier...if Thor/SS/Supes/GL Hal & Kyle/High Heralds are badly written and Dante is written at his best he can win. A bad written Thor is the Thor you see meleeing Savage Hulk and just throwing his hammer around like a moron for the win.

The mystical lightning Dante channels into his body when flying is related to the soul of particular demonic embodiment of that element which does Dante's bidding (and thus the energy sourse is sentient), so I think that overloading is more possible than "hacking"- Dante is not some Storm in terms of how his lightning-related power works.

And I totally agree with you that Dante will need a lot of luck to beat pretty much anyone in high herald list or above. Pretty much anyone you listed will beat him, though against Supes CIS might work in Dante's favour (Supes vulnerablity to magic is CIS-based). Non-CIS motivated Supes beats him and rather easily (as we've already discussed in particular topic).

Charlotte DeBel
Properly written Thor will beat Dante fair and square. Too much offensive power on Thor's side...he's stronger (in terms of lifting strength- enormously stronger), and the only thing Dante really has over Thor (combat skills are debatable, though Dante has some very effective techniques of blocking or parrying attacks in close and range combat (he can even create forcefield which blocks whatever damage inflicted on him and converts it into extra energy)) is combat speed which also includes his teleportation abilities (Thor can teleport with Mjolnir but hardly ever uses it in combat). Dante has nothing to counter interdimensional BFR, as well as godblast.

But sadly, sometimes Thor is written like dumb blondie with hammer...who has to job to some dumb brick like Hulk. Shame for powerful nordic god.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Mundus gets killed and disintegrated against Odin (as well as Dante). Horribly. I see that both Spawn and Dante rogue gallery get a lot of overhyping ot that forum today.

I've already said under what curcumstances Dante has chances to beat Superman- if it's not pissed off\properly motivated Supes and if he gets close enough to him to use timestop powers. Dante's high demonic form is durable enough to stay conscious the time it's needed to think "stop".

Against "people" like Ion, SIlver Surfer Dante doesn't have any trump cards at all and loses badly.
Dante vs Thor...honestly, I've no idea. Dante is more about skills, he has never displayed great strength in terms of lifting stuff even in high demonic (Sparda) form (I'm not talking about force of hits which is absolutely different thing from lifting strength), Thor is a brawler with versalite weapon.
The only thing I can say for sure about their encounter is that it would be next to impossible to knock flying Dante with mystical lightning, since his very ability to fly in regular demonic form comes from channeling said lightning into himself. So it would be like trying to knock Superman down with an yellow sunlight. But Thor has plenty of other ways to beat Dante (though Dante is able to control fire, lightning, cold and wind via channeling their demonic embodiments (be it Devil Arms or medallions) powers into himself) and that would be an interesting battle. Though I don't think Dante is able to resist godblast even given his near immortality and almost total immunity to magic in high demonic form.
In high demonic form Dante is pretty much immune to direct magical assault. It would take Odin-level magic to take him down for sure via direct attack (weaker attacks would be simply deflected)...

But again, Dante has never displayed universe-level power himself, he has never demonstrated even planet-destroying abilities on panel (genre restrictions, probably) and his fight with Despair Embodied showed more Dante being cunning and clever fighter than being hella powerful. There's an interesting stuff about guns as weapon of choise to kill that enemy- demons and dark gods in DMC were used to pure energy blasts etc and have never thought about firearms seriously as "mortal weapon". So Dante just used his charging ability to pull a trojan horse trick (I feel sad about Dante, if he suddenly decides to be "traditional" and simply fire all his demonic energy into simple ennergy blast instead of charging his guns with it and giving the deity the same but in seemingly harmless form).
In pure offensive power competition our handsome whitehaired devil gets tottaly outclassed.
Dante will never beat Silver Surfer, Ion, motivated or pissed-off (that means immune to magic) Superman. Period. Those who think the can beat Living Tribunal or Thanos should be killed to keep fandom sanity.

Dante is good and powerful, but at his very best he's 2nd age Spawn level with lot less offensive abilities.

Quanchi, I hate kiddish insult contests, but do you really want to hear what I think about your precious Kain, darling? He loses to all the people Dante loses to and to some extent his losing record would be even more horrible. kain is so much more than dante. different characters entirely and kain has versatile powers and many spells at his leisure. oh and yeah hes immortal.

Charlotte DeBel
Immortality is no big deal nowadays. Anyways, Kain is not THAT much more uber.
Though Kain's powerset looks more impressive than Dante's (all those mental spells etc), Kain loses to all people Superboy Prime has listed. He would be even more vulnerable to speedblitz since he's a spellcaster. His powers (I mean spells) while may seem uber, work slower.
Though in 1-to-1 between them, Dante's greatest trump card would be the thing that he can resist soul suck for about 15 minutes (proved canonically, DMC3, mission 12).

Charlotte DeBel
But again, that has absolutely nothing to do with Mundus being killed by Odin.

Superboy Prime
Thor should've been the one to open the can of whoopass on World War Hulk just to get back at him for all those times he has jobbed to the jolly green giant. weep

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Thor should've been the one to open the can of whoopass on World War Hulk just to get back at him for all those times he has jobbed to the jolly green giant. weep
Agree 100%. And he should've done that in pretty sadistic way to banish "the elemental of overrating" from existence.
Great nordic god of thunder doesn't deserve to be shown as "dumb blondie" agains some one-dimensional green brick.
I respect Thor a lot and I hate his "dumb blondie" showings (though original concept is mostly a brawler even at Scnadinavian mythology, but he isn't given his versalite powerset to lose to Hulk "drunk viknig" style).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.