Jackie Estacado v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Last Fre3lancer
The demon-hunting business has been running quiet, so Dante decides to take a quick walk. While it seemed the walk seemed quiet, but he heard screaming and noticrd blood and guts spewing everywhere.

Shocked at the horrific scene, he rushes to see what is going on. He sees a flood of bodies everywhere, he then sees a man in black. Angered at this, he pulls out ebony and Ivory, and rushes at the mysterious man.

The man in black droppes a dead woman. And prepares to face the silver haired man...

http://reyemonkey.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/the-darkness-ps3-1.jpg

v.s.

http://www.abbyshot.com/newsletters/photos/dante-dmc03.jpg

Here's a vid on Jackie's abilities:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3139417149645901514&q=The+Darkness+%28video+game%29&total=1890&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

ThoraxeRMG
Double Post

Last Fre3lancer
I saw the other one. Who wins?

Sam Z
Jackie.

Last Fre3lancer
Why?

Charlotte DeBel
Darkness is scared of light, AFAIK. Then Beowulf's Zodiac\Volcano abilities FTW.

IceJaw
Wait, isn't Estacado originally a Comic character?

Charlotte DeBel
Yes. Darkness is from TopCow comics. And even despite that, fighting Darkness for Dante would be like fighting brutal advanced version of Doppelganger or Nightmare.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by IceJaw
Wait, isn't Estacado originally a Comic character? Yes.

Tenebrous
Only way that jackie can win is if he can use the blackhole on dante. Dante is too fast for many of jackies attacks.....

....however comic Jackie, with the *real* darkness powers at his disposal, destroys dante with complete ease.

Guilty Gear
So...this has been re-opened? big grin

I so want to play The Darkness...

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Only way that jackie can win is if he can use the blackhole on dante. Dante is too fast for many of jackies attacks.....

....however comic Jackie, with the *real* darkness powers at his disposal, destroys dante with complete ease.

Why?Comics Darkness is not that uber, and by the way, game version seemed to have more...odd powers- like turning regular humans into darklings etc...but the only thing is clear- he afraids of light-related powers. So Quicksilver and repeatedly use Beowulf's (light-related weapon) Volcano move on Darkness FTW.

Last Fre3lancer
Couldn't Dante just use speed to his advantage and slash off those tentacle thingys?

Charlotte DeBel
Probably...that's just the easiest way to do when you use light-releted weaponry. Though cutting it with Alastor will also help, I think...

Classic comics Darkness can only be damaged by light-related stuff or what he believes to be light-related.

Guilty Gear
Really? Damn that's badass...

Last Fre3lancer
So, Alastor is a light-based weapon? If so, then Jackie might have some trouble.

Charlotte DeBel
The only truly light-based weapon in Dante's arsenal is Beowulf, so Quicksilver+Zodiac\Volcano to rip Darkness' darkness away and then continue with Tornado to beat the hell out of him is the best strategy against classic Darkness.

Alastor is electricity-based one, but it gives Dante the ability to fly, just as any other electricity-based Devil Arm (i.e. Nevan). Though Darkness was damaged by non-light-related things in his carrier- the thing is to trick him into believing they are light-related.
I also think about using Doppelganger when equipped with Beowulf for more damage.

Last Fre3lancer
So, can Dante hold two swords at once, like Alastor and Beowulf?

Charlotte DeBel
Beowulf isn't a sword- it's gauntets and greaves, empowered with light power as well as adding extra force to his punches and kicks when Dante fights hand-to-hand.
It's impossible in gameplay to use two weapons at once (unless weapons come as set i.e. Agni&Rudra, Ebony&Ivory), but you can switch between them on the move...and logically speaking, since Alastor is a sword and Beowulf is a set of gauntlets and greaves, it's theoretically possible to use them at once.

Charlotte DeBel
Though...Quicksilver to freeze Darkness in time and good beating with Beowulf for the win. Estacado is just a regular human gunslinger once his Darkness form is damaged.

Charlotte DeBel
I've reread some Darkness comics. He was wounded by regular (or at least not light-based weapons) though eventually healed from that. So it's possible to damage Darkness with Alastor, I think.

Estacado
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Probably...that's just the easiest way to do when you use light-releted weaponry. Though cutting it with Alastor will also help, I think...

Classic comics Darkness can only be damaged by light-related stuff or what he believes to be light-related.
Only holly light or sun light can disable his powers and yes he is pretty uber.

Jackie could win via Black Hole but Dante is too fast.
Dante 10/10

Charlotte DeBel
Also, while Darkness seems that uber, he is too vulnerable to CIS. Even the Darkness force itself was tricked into being scared of fire and electricity (even if we don't count that damn jobbing to Batman).

But even without such stuff, speed advantage and stuff like Quicksilver is enough to give Dante 10\10 victory.

IceJaw
What the hell is up with people?! That's not your sig, you didn't get permission to use it and lastly it doesn't even have your screen name on it! ****ing idiocy!

RIP = R.I.P.

Reported.

{{QS}}

Dude you know you can't just take sigs.That took me time to make and its annoying when people rip them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.