Omega level mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scuzz
Who is the most powerfull of these confirmed omega levelers?

1.Phantom (Daniel summers)
2.Ice-man
3.Elixir(Josh foley)
4.Jean Grey
5.X-man
6.Mister M
7.Kid Omega(Quentin Quire)
8.Franklin Richards
9.Vulcan
10.Marvel Girl
11.Chamber
12.Exodus (not positive if he is 1)

am i forgetting anyone?

llagrok
5, 10, 11 and 12 haven't been confirmed yet.

scuzz
I am almost positive Rachel has been confirmed,
i did think chamber on the list was a little strange however.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Omega-level

llagrok
Originally posted by scuzz
I am almost positive Rachel has been confirmed,
i did think chamber on the list was a little strange however.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Omega-level

I thought Chamber was just qualified as immensly powerful. He can still kick everyone's ass without being an omega class mutant smile

Rachel was deemed an omega-class threat by sentinels in her timeline. That was before the omega-class term was used to describe mutants with unlimited potential. I don't see how the sentinel would be able to detect that anyways :/

King Kandy
Jean Gray FTW.

id369
X-Man is not an Omega mutant.

gogogadgetgo
Franklin Richards coz way i hear it, at full power hes near celestial level
blink

Xplosive
Jean Grey, since her potential was to become White Phoenix of the Crown.
No contest.

What If...
Darwin is omega?

Anyways....

Mr. M is a P.I.M.P afterall...

Utrigita
stuck between Mr M and Franklin

rougeredmage
marvel girl has been confirmed as an omega she was one of the first to be so wasnt she?

actuallly i would go with marvel girl been the most powerfull because of her time displacement powers what if she chose to develop them how powerfull could they become?>

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by rougeredmage
marvel girl has been confirmed as an omega she was one of the first to be so wasnt she?

actuallly i would go with marvel girl been the most powerfull because of her time displacement powers what if she chose to develop them how powerfull could they become?>

IRRC She's never been refered to one. That Nimrod incident where she was refered to as an Omega Class threat. That was before the term Omega Class Mutant was coined. And it was a completely different classing system seeing how Nimrod used that same system to classify humans in that very same issue.

Soljer
Heh. That was a fun fourty pages with Starhawk/Richards/Ext@nt/Douchebag.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
Heh. That was a fun fourty pages with Starhawk/Richards/Ext@nt/Douchebag.

I remember that, what great fun.

The following are all confirmed Omegas:

Phantom
Havok
Iceman
Elixir
Jean Grey
X-Man
Cable
Stryfe
Mister M
Kid Omega
Franklin Richards
Vulcan
Rachel Grey
Chamber
Fever Pitch
Storm
Apocalypse
Holocaust
Hyperstorm
Proteus
Mr Immortal
Darwin
Rogue
Leech
Exodus
Bishop
Cyclops
Synch

Soljer
Originally posted by 666.1

Phantom
Havok
Iceman
Elixir
Jean Grey
X-Man
Cable
Stryfe
Mister M
Kid Omega
Franklin Richards
Vulcan
Rachel Grey
Chamber
Fever Pitch
Storm
Apocalypse
Holocaust
Hyperstorm
Proteus
Mr Immortal
Darwin
Rogue
Leech
Exodus
Bishop
Cyclops
Synch

Cite your sources or get out.

Thanks.

celestialdemon

Phantom
Havok
Iceman
Elixir
Jean Grey
X-Man
Cable
Stryfe
Mister M
Kid Omega
Franklin Richards
Vulcan
Rachel Grey
Chamber
Fever Pitch
Storm
Apocalypse
Holocaust
Hyperstorm
Proteus
Mr Immortal
Darwin
Rogue
Leech
Exodus
Bishop
Cyclops
Synch

Not even close.

Mr. Slippyfist
Richards.

He's like Jesus x 2.

iceman24567

Phantom
Havok
Iceman
Elixir
Jean Grey
X-Man
Cable
Stryfe
Mister M
Kid Omega
Franklin Richards
Vulcan
Rachel Grey
Chamber
Fever Pitch
Storm
Apocalypse
Holocaust
Hyperstorm
Proteus
Mr Immortal
Darwin
Rogue
Leech
Exodus
Bishop
Cyclops
Synch eek! So close to 25% of the mutant population is omega? Nah

Symmetric Chaos

Phantom
Havok
Iceman
Elixir
Jean Grey
X-Man
Cable
Stryfe
Mister M
Kid Omega
Franklin Richards
Vulcan
Rachel Grey
Chamber
Fever Pitch
Storm
Apocalypse
Holocaust
Hyperstorm
Proteus
Mr Immortal
Darwin
Rogue
Leech
Exodus
Bishop
Cyclops
Synch

You seem to have mixed together Alpha and Omega then thrown in a couple random things.

Also, MrI has evolved beyond being a mutant so he isn't an Omega at all.

norrinradd43
Is Mr. Immortal even a mutant???

Entity
Who is Phantom Daniel Summers?
I haven't heard of him and I'm pretty fond of X-Men and Summers family inparticular.

plus my name's Daniel so I'd think he'd ring a bell. lol

King_Mungi
Earthmover is stated to be an omega level magic user shifty

Bouboumaster
MJJ whipes the floor with all but Phoenix.

psycho gundam
jubilee is on this list?http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants

id369

Washco
Magneto is not an omega?

id369
No

Though Omega is just a classification. They have no real limits to how far they can potentially evolve and harness their power (to the point, of potentially replacing cosmic abstracts). While Xavier, Magneto, and Exodus have a designated limit.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by id369
No

Though Omega is just a classification. They have no real limits to how far they can potentially evolve and harness their power (to the point, of potentially replacing cosmic abstracts). While Xavier, Magneto, and Exodus have a designated limit.

Term "omega" is loosely used on the board to describe a power level, which is simply wrong.
Omega is a part of "evolving potential" classification- Omegas have unlimited potential, but that doesn't translate into having unlimited powers, neither all Omegas are necessary better than all Alphas.

You can have said "potential" but never develop it during your lifetime.

occultdestroyer
That's true.
There are Alpha mutants who would crush all Omega mutants (like Jamie Braddock or MJJ).

Jean Grey's WPOTC would be the strongest omega... probably.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
That's true.
There are Alpha mutants who would crush all Omega mutants (like Jamie Braddock or MJJ).

Jean Grey's WPOTC would be the strongest omega... probably.

That's why I LOL when in tourney someone writes "I'll boost one's powers to omega level" forgetting that "omega" is a measure of potential and not of power.

Nestical
isnt Trauma an omega?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Nestical
isnt Trauma an omega?

Nope. The list of classified Omegas:
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The first usage of the word "omega" in the context referring to Omega mutants in X-Men Forever in 2001 -
Jean Grey and Iceman:

The following uses of the term all occur after the meaning outlined above is applied to the use of the term Omega mutant and serve as official confirmation of the character as an Omega mutant.
Jean Grey again and Quentin Quire:

More Quentin Quire:

Franklin Richards:

Mr M:

Iceman again:

Vulcan:

Elixir:

----------

The one-off use of the word "omega" in 1986, "Class Omega Contact" about Rachel. Nimrod is not referring to the later defined Alpha, Beta, Epsilon system used by Apocalypse, nor is he alluding to the same meaning as was written in 2001.

Nimrod identified non-mutants as "Contacts." Which means the classification used, applied not only to mutants but to non-mutants as well. And therefore the use of the phrase "Class Omega Contact" does not hold the same meaning as the use of the word "omega" in the context of mutants exclusively 15 years subsequently.

Additionally, the Nimrod's classification is based upon how much of a threat the person, mutant or non-mutant, is to Nimrod.

The entry for Rachel Summers in The 198 Files, the same type of entry as the ones above for Iceman, Elixir, Quentin Quire, Franklin and Mr M:

No mention of the term Omega mutant.
And I'm unaware of anything else, since 2001, that would label her an Omega.

There are no other instances where the term Omega mutant has been applied unambiguously to characters, without qualifiers such as potentially or possibly.

The officially confirmed 7 Omegas are therefore:
Jean Grey
Iceman (Bobby Drake)
Kid Omega (Quentin Quire)
Mister M (Absolom Mercator)
Franklin Richards
Vulcan (Gabriel Summers)
Elixir (Josh Foley)

(On a side-note, 'twas funny looking through that old Omega mutant thread.)

Since some people misinterpet Omega as power measure, they label every single powerful mutant as Omega, which isn't true. The only difference between Alphas and Omegas is that Alphas have "final point" of evolution- which can, however, be placed as high as multiversal level being (just that they can't evolve beyond that).

Similiarly, an Omega level mutant may not reach even 1% of his potential during his life. So we can label even a nobody like Gypsy Moth as Omega level mutant...not making her ungodly powerful, just saying she can theoretically evolve to unlimited heights.

Omega is the potential measure term, not power level measure term.

gogogadgetgo
maybe all the remaining mutants are all omegas. anybody ever think of that? probably the reason why they were able to retain their powers after m day....hmmmmm

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
maybe all the remaining mutants are all omegas. anybody ever think of that? probably the reason why they were able to retain their powers after m day....hmmmmm

Sounds like one funny theory

Bentley
Jaspers should be an omega mutant, as he certainly has unlimited potential.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Sounds like one funny theory

And wrong.

Also, Magneto is an omega level mutant, although this wasn't stated directly.

Charlotte DeBel

Bentley
So a mutant who can boost its own evolution like Jaspers is not an omega, its supposed to have naturally right?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Bentley
So a mutant who can boost its own evolution like Jaspers is not an omega, its supposed to have naturally right?

Darwin and Lifeguard were never considered Omegas directly, even though their power is evolving.
In fact. Omega is ridiculous term and the only thing we know for sure is that it deals with potential and not powerlevel.

Philosophía
Once again, Omega isn't the power level measure. Magneto has already reached his evolution peak from what we know.

Of course not.

But Joseph, who in terms of power is everything Magneto is minus the subonscious restrains, was stated to have limitless power/unlimited potential/could become one with the electromagnetic spectrum. Besides, though non-canon, X-Men: The End hinted at Magneto being an omega-level mutant aswell when he became pure energy.

Charlotte DeBel

Philosophía

Charlotte DeBel

Philosophía
Edit.

Philosophía
Nobody can prove or dismantle it now, cause Joseph died\self-sacrificed a few years before term "omega" was introduced (in 2001).
So I won't argue that any further.

It is irrelevant when the omega term was introduced. Point is that Joseph/Magneto's capabilities fit this clasification.
Cool.

Charlotte DeBel

ExodusCloak

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
There is not classification for being Omega...it's a pile of sh*t. The only criteria for being an Omega is being stated in a comic.

Agree with you on that.

In fact, would you like to see the Christian\Cordy Frost debate on CBR? I'm defending the fact that Cordelia Frost's empathy=forum myth.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=245589

ExodusCloak
Agree with you on that.

In fact, would you like to see the Christian\Cordy Frost debate on CBR? I'm defending the fact that Cordelia Frost's empathy=forum myth.

Will check it out, Cordelia has never officially used her power on panel. While she may have taken Mondo out with her powers off panel there's no way to prove that.
The only instances where her power was referred to was in her sibling immunity to Emma and Adriennes powers and in Grant Morrisons New X-Men and in House of M where the Frost girls were referred to as 3 psychics daughters of Winston and Hazel.

Raoul
There is not classification for being Omega...it's a pile of sh*t. The only criteria for being an Omega is being stated in a comic. Just like Vulcan was a Omega PLUS mutant.

laughing out loud

Charlotte DeBel
Will check it out, Cordelia has never officially used her power on panel. While she may have taken Mondo out with her powers off panel there's no way to prove that.
The only instances where her power was referred to was in her sibling immunity to Emma and Adriennes powers and in Grant Morrisons New X-Men and in House of M where the Frost girls were referred to as 3 psychics daughters of Winston and Hazel.

That's what I'm saying to them, Cordy's powers were always stated as latent, and who knows what they were like.

And the whole scene back at Polynesia with Mondo was basic trickery, Cordelia pretended drowing. If she was really powerful psychic, she won't be treated as worthless whore by Hellfire Club members (at least neither of her actually powerful sisters weren't). So at least at the shown stage she didn't show any active mutant powers.

Empathy was only made up to complete the "trinity"- thoughts-things-emotions. Though she's technically not dead and it's not late for the writers to canonify the myth by retconning her having empathy and having her join the Sisterhood (Empath as male won't qualify of course).

Philosophía
There is not classification for being Omega...it's a pile of sh*t. The only criteria for being an Omega is being stated in a comic. Just like Vulcan was a Omega PLUS mutant.

ermm

Unlimited potential. Limitless power. Ability to transcend/evolve from your physicall form. Those have pretty much been the criterias on which an Omega-level mutant is defined. Like it or not, from what we've seen so far concerning Omega-level mutants, Magneto is one of them.

And we both know how idiotic Vulcan's Omega+ deal was ..

ExodusCloak

starlock

thumb up

Philosophía
X-Men Forever stated Unlimited Potential in Jean Grey's report. Pray tell where did you dig up Limitless power and Ability to transcend/evolve physical form? As far as I know that's internet speculation on the criteria of Omega mutants.
He isn't because he's never been stated as one. Going by your logic it would make Malice Omega as well. confused

A logical deduction based on what we've seen up until now.
Not really.

Agreed. But it's as idiotic as fans trying to decipher the actual meaning of Omega Level Mutant since Marvel have never come out and stated the actual criteria.
Unlimited potential to do what exactly...according to X-Men Forever all of humanity possesses this potential to become abstracts not just Omega Level Mutants.

No, but based on what we've seen up until now, we can 'guess' it by ourselves.
That's different, because what we're talking is on an individual level, not on a race as a whole (humanity). But in essence, yes, it's basically the same. In time, humanity can evolve into something more, just like Joseph could and supposdley all the other omega-level mutants can.

ExodusCloak

Philosophía
So Malice, Storm, No-Girl and any mutant that can transcend their physical form are also Omega's by "logical deduction"?

Elixir has yet to transcend his physical form. confused

Where did this transcending the physical form originate from anyway? I have yet to read that in a comic where it was outright stated. As stated before in X-Men Forever it was referring to all of humanity not just OLM's.

No. Unless it's coupled with unlimited potential and limitless power.

And ?

Mr M. Iceman. Like I said, logical deduction. And I already adressed the humanity point. Check the edit.

ExodusCloak

Philosophía
Storm was stated to have near infinite power when she transcended...and narrative hyperbole is thrown at almost every character these days.
And what does limitless power mean exactly? I've seen Magneto run out of power and I've seen Vulcan run out of power.

Near. And I don't think I've ever seen scans saying she has unlimited potential.

Besides, she was hinted in an issue of Black Panther (I think) to possibly be an Omega level mutant.

Magneto has self-imposed subconscious limits, coupled with the fact that he supposdley channels the energies he wields through his nervous system. His body is a liability, which is why we've never seen him proving to be truly limitless in power. I haven't read the Vulcan storyline in a while.

ExodusCloak

Philosophía
It was in RAFOTSE the part where he destroys two Shiar Ships.

BTW I've seen Elixir run out of power as well.

Oh and on the recap page in Deadly Genesis Vulcan is called Omega Plus and then it's stated that he's on the level of Xavier, Magneto and Phoenix. no expression

As said before the term is very, very loosely defined. And the writer will make whoever they want Omega.

Look at Franklin who is a confirmed Omega and then look at Wanda who isn't and hasn't transcended her physical form. Or even look at Jamie Braddock and MJJ.

They may 'run out of power' because in the end, as proven in Magneto's case, their bodies might not be able to take the power they have or possibly due to lack of experience. Thus the ascended and potential part.

Not quite. Xavier, Magneto and Phoenix are on (Omega Plus)*2 level. ermm That storyline sure sucked a lot.

Yeah, it is very loosely defined, but from what we've seen up until now, Joseph (and thus Magneto) fit the category.

Yeah, there are a lot of non-omega level mutants who could make the omega ones lick their boots. This whole omega deal is pretty much a mutant-plot device to go all 'I'm starting to fulfill some of my true potential' bullshit, and its introduction (along with secondary mutations, btw I've started to read New X-Men after our discussion in the KMC Tier thread about Magneto/Cassandra Nova) was unnecessary.

Anyway, to summarize, with what I gathered up until now, an Omega-level mutant is a mutant with unlimited potential capable of transcending his physicall form and evolving. It happened to Mr M, Iceman sort of experienced it, and Joseph could have experienced it if not for Xavier stopping him. Potential for greatness sort to speak.

psycho gundam
apocalypse imo should be classified as "omega". functional immortality, ability to pull matter/energy from extra-dimensional sources, DNA alteration on the fly (that's a big one), massive psionic abilities etcsetera ectsetera

Nihilist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
apocalypse imo should be classified as "omega". functional immortality, ability to pull matter/energy from extra-dimensional sources, DNA alteration on the fly (that's a big one), massive psionic abilities etcsetera ectsetera co-signed

Doctor-Alvis
You're not omega unless it's stated on panel. Until then it's only theory.

celestialdemon
Omega is a very odd term. There are mutants out there like MJJ and Jamie Braddock whose power dwarfs people like Iceman, Vulcan, and Franklin Richards, yet they are not defined as Omega. I wouldn't put too much stock in the term.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nihilist
co-signed nice sig. fear the thanos backhand of death.
even the in-betweener fell under it's might. pirate

Nihilist
nice sig. fear the thanos backhand of death.
even the in-betweener fell under it's might. pirate cheers

respect the pimp hand!!

Enyalus
Mister M.

gogogadgetgo

xJLxKing
is Cyclops Omega?

Mindset
Cyclops is the strongest mutant

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Cyclops is the strongest mutant
Hahehe I love that joke(nope not one bit). That title goes to Franklin Richard

Mindset
Has FR ever bagged 2 of the hottest telepaths in Marvel?

No.

I accept your concession.

xJLxKing

No.

I accept your concession.
Ahhh yeah, cyclops is omega level

psycho gundam

No.

I accept your concession. franklin created a simulacrum pocket universe as a mere child, bagging 2 hot characters (one is actually an extended family member of his, in another universe i think) is small potatoes for him.

when franklin hits puberty, any money he will be "experimenting" with his reality manipulating powers. wink3

Enyalus
Mister M can turn the X-gene off. He can also activate it. Theoretically he could simply demutate (is that even a word?) Franklin.

Mindset
franklin created a simulacrum pocket universe as a mere child, bagging 2 hot characters (one is actually an extended family member of his, in another universe i think) is small potatoes for him.

when franklin hits puberty, any money he will be "experimenting" with his reality manipulating powers. wink3

Cyclops having sex with any woman is a omniversal reality altering feat.

Cyclops > FR

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
Mister M can turn the X-gene off. He can also activate it. Theoretically he could simply demutate (is that even a word?) Franklin. That probably wouldn't work in someone as strong as FR, might not work on omegas in general.

Superman XX5
Mr M actually didn't do anything to bad-ass in the 8 or so issues he appeared in.

Enyalus
Cyclops having sex with any woman is a omniversal reality altering feat.

Cyclops > FR

Scott is gay. He has sex with women to hide that truth.

Mindset
Exactly, and the fact he gets these women to continue to have sex with him is a cosmic feat.

Enyalus
Exactly, and the fact he gets these women to continue to have sex with him is a cosmic feat.

Vulcan banging Deathbird > Cyclopes' feat.

Mindset
A woman with wings, I'll pass.

psycho gundam
A woman with wings, I'll pass. he choked the chicken. *rim shot*

Enyalus
A woman with wings, I'll pass.

Consider the various additional positions...

"You know it to be true."

Raoul
Vulcan banging Deathbird > Cyclopes' feat.

he had bishops' sloppy seconds.

also, people, jealous of cyclops, much?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
he had bishops' sloppy seconds.

Aww...aww...man. You just killed me. I totally forgot.

Gah. Scott's feat is > Vulcan's then. sad

Raoul
Aww...aww...man. You just killed me. I totally forgot.

Gah. Scott's feat is > Vulcan's then. sad

laughing out loud

and vulcan was whipped more than any of his brothers, and thats saying something...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
laughing out loud

and vulcan was whipped more than any of his brothers, and thats saying something...

He's what, 11 years old in actuality (without the artificial aging)? Give 'im a break. stick out tongue

Raoul
He's what, 11 years old in actuality (without the artificial aging)? Give 'im a break. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Sin I AM
cyclops is my boyfriend stop hating

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.