Superman vs. Captain America's Shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Could ANYTHING Superman himself can do to the Shield effect it at all?

Ie. he punches it a lot, uses Heat Vision on it, etc. But tossing it into a blackhole or a sun or using some other force to destroy it doesn't count.

h1a8
Superman's heat vision is far hotter than the core of stars.
Its so hot that there exist no standard instruments on Earth in which to measure it. That is to say that if the Sun is hot enough to damage the shield then Superman's vision is. But can the sun damage the shield?

I believe that Superman definitely has enough punching power to at least dent the shield.

CaptainStoic
Superman does not have the power necessary to destroy the shield, he can not hit as hard as Thor with the Odin Force can, and even then he (Thor) couldn't do much more than dent it. The only one who had the power to shatter it was Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, and if he punched Superman with that type of force it would have shattered him as well.

h1a8
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Superman does not have the power necessary to destroy the shield, he can not hit as hard as Thor with the Odin Force can, and even then he (Thor) couldn't do much more than dent it. The only one who had the power to shatter it was Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, and if he punched Superman with that type of force it would have shattered him as well.
I said (IMO) that he can at least dent it.
And I don't believe Thor with the Odin Force can hit too much harder than a very determined Superman at full might. Plus Superman can strike many times in the same spot on the shield. I'm pretty sure he would put some type of noticable dent after awhile at least.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by h1a8
I said (IMO) that he can at least dent it.
And I don't believe Thor with the Odin Force can hit too much harder than a very determined Superman at full might. Plus Superman can strike many times in the same spot on the shield. I'm pretty sure he would put some type of noticable dent after awhile at least.

What?? are you serious? do you know what the Odin Force is? What it's capable of? Odin could create stars from nothing, shatter galaxies, and obliterate planets "like anthills".

odin force Thor was stronger. The odin force is also magical in nature and as such does not obey the normal laws of physics. Superman does not have this advantage.

Odin Force >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman by a good green country mile.

Supermanluv
Originally posted by Space M ummy
What?? are you serious? do you know what the Odin Force is? What it's capable of? Odin could create stars from nothing, shatter galaxies, and obliterate planets "like anthills".

odin force Thor was stronger. The odin force is also magical in nature and as such does not obey the normal laws of physics. Superman does not have this advantage.

Thor was an amatuer with the Odin Force, he had difficulty re-making the moon let a lone shattering Galaxies. Superman could easilly match King Thors strength !

darthgoober
Originally posted by Supermanluv
Thor was an amatuer with the Odin Force, he had difficulty re-making the moon let a lone shattering Galaxies. Superman could easilly match King Thors strength !
He may not have had Odin's experience or fine control over the Odin Force, but unless the force itself was weakened his power output should have been the same as Odin's so I seriously doubt that Supes could match his strength.

Supermanluv
Originally posted by darthgoober
He may not have had Odin's experience or fine control over the Odin Force, but unless the force itself was weakened his power output should have been the same as Odin's so I seriously doubt that Supes could match his strength.

Read the series the guy ko's himself by remaking the moon. That means he's nowhere near 'Galaxy shaking' power levels. If you gave a G.L. ring to a baby you couldn't expect him to perform the feats that Kyle and Hal can. Evidence from Dan Jurgens Thor run (Which you obviously haven't read) suggest the same applies to the Odin Force. Deal with it !

Space M ummy
Read the series the guy ko's himself by remaking the moon. That means he's nowhere near 'Galaxy shaking' power levels. If you gave a G.L. ring to a baby you couldn't expect him to perform the feats that Kyle and Hal can. Evidence from Dan Jurgens Thor run (Which you obviously haven't read) suggest the same applies to the Odin Force. Deal with it !

I wouldnt really expect much in the way of rational thinking from someone named "supermanluv" here, but come on.

An Amateur Thor inexperienced with the Odin force remade the moon through force of will. How many moons has superman willed into existance again? none? fantastic! superman is nowhere close to the levels this incarnation of Thor was capable of.

batdude123

Prove to me King Thor was physically stronger than Superman.

darthgoober
Let me sum this up for you in a manner that you might understand. Thor is close to Supes strength WITHOUT the Odin Force(Supes is stronger, but not by a lot), so WITH the Odin Force I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that he's stronger than Supes by a decent amount.

Deal with it!

CaptainStoic
I agree with Darth fully.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by batdude123
Prove to me King Thor was physically stronger than Superman.

*proves King Thor is stronger*

End Game no expression

quanchi112
Prove to me King Thor was physically stronger than Superman. someone sounds dc biased.

lando005
thor is equal to if not stronger than sups on his own thor with the odin force >>>>>sups

lando005
Prove to me King Thor was physically stronger than Superman. the simple fact that king thor dented cap's shield erm

masterbruce
Thor is close to Supes strength WITHOUT the Odin Force

Really?

We know Superman can easily lift a couple quintillion tons (1 quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000)

Now let's look at Thor. He is pretty close in strength to Hercules, who probably maxes out at 250 tons. So Thor is nowhere near Superman's level of power.

masterbruce
Originally posted by lando005
the simple fact that king thor dented cap's shield erm

maybe it was more his magic that effected the shield's properties

Nikkolas
Um...isn't that ALL-Star Superman?

Nikkolas
Cause I think regular Superman needed help moving just the Earth.

lando005
Originally posted by masterbruce
Really?

We know Superman can easily lift a couple quintillion tons (1 quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000)

Now let's look at Thor. He is pretty close in strength to Hercules, who probably maxes out at 250 tons. So Thor is nowhere near Superman's level of power. that's funny last time i check both herc and thor were way stronger than than and superman needed help just to move the moon a little bit

lando005
maybe it was more his magic that effected the shield's properties or it was pure brute strength

Alfheim
Really?

Now let's look at Thor. He is pretty close in strength to Hercules, who probably maxes out at 250 tons. So Thor is nowhere near Superman's level of power.

Er that sounds like All-Star Superman who is stronger than regular superman. Yeah and he doesnt max out at 250. Thor has strength feats that go into millions or even billions of tons.

or it was pure brute strength

Well it was strength amped by the Odinforce.

Supermanluv
I wouldnt really expect much in the way of rational thinking from someone named "supermanluv" here, but come on.

An Amateur Thor inexperienced with the Odin force remade the moon through force of will. How many moons has superman willed into existance again? none? fantastic! superman is nowhere close to the levels this incarnation of Thor was capable of.

Youre an idiot ! First of all my name has an ironic twist that you would probably get if you werent 15 years old. Second he didn't will it into existence, he repaired it Telekinetically. Its obvious that using energies on this level are too much for the King (dagarden) Thor to handle. Deal with it ! Superman displays powers on this level regularly.

Supermanluv
Let me sum this up for you in a manner that you might understand. Thor is close to Supes strength WITHOUT the Odin Force(Supes is stronger, but not by a lot), so WITH the Odin Force I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that he's stronger than Supes by a decent amount.

Deal with it!

Is he really that close on his own though ? I mean he's struggled on various ocassions with weight FAR inferior to the masses Superman has moved ever since OWAW (Read Avengers and you'll see him struggling with buildings, million ton islands e.t.c.). And if you read his current respect thread, his greatest feat (WITHOUT Moljnir) was apparently creating enough pressure to knock a so called planet (That could have been smaller than Pluto for all we know) out of orbit. Not only was the feat performed with Hercules, the so called planet destroying pressure only destroyed a Plateau (How does that make any sense?). Also the feat was recognised by a narrator, not by a character making the feat even less cannocial.

His next greatest strength feat was lifting the Midguard Serpent, that wasn't even heavy enough to break through the crust, therefore could only weigh as much as the surface of the planet, which if you look up doesn't come close to the mass of objects the size of the moon, that also have the force of Solar gravity acting upon them, making them even harder to dislodge. The problem is when it comes to moving something as heavy as the moon out of its current orbit, you need enough force to send its entire mass (That is many times greater than the surface of the planet and therefore the midguard serpent) into Orbital Velocity. This literally increases its mass (therefore its weight) by over a factor of 100.

Thor has never really justified the claim that he is as strong as Post OWAW Superman. Moljnir has been shown to be on par, but not Thor himself. I doubt Thor is any stronger that Wonder Woman, who many agree is inferior to Superman.

Supermanluv

Deal with it!

Another thing !!!! If you want to be a good debator dont ignore on pannel evidnce to satisfy a claim that supports your oppinion.

Let me show you in laymans terms ;

This is a claim:

Thor is close to Supes strength WITHOUT the Odin Force

This is on pannle evidence:

Read the series the guy ko's himself by remaking the moon. That means he's nowhere near 'Galaxy shaking' power levels.

Obviously the two don't support each other, but which one do think a rational person would disregard. The On PANNEL evidence or the claim ? Hmmm let me think ???

wink

Hercules
Really?

Where do you get the 250 tons max out from for Herc???

Immortal Herc is listed as incaluable strength and has never shown a limit even Mortal Herc has been shown lifting a bomb that was over a hundred tons and remarking that when he had all his power he would have hefted it with ease.

Among his feats is supporting heaven and earth on his shoulders, towing Manhatten island, walking along with an entire Quinjet full of people on his shoulders and not showing any effort etc etc.

So I'm interested at where you get this 250 ton max from, as hes never been observed to show a max?

grey fox
Another thing !!!! If you want to be a good debator dont ignore on pannel evidnce to satisfy a claim that supports your oppinion.

Let me show you in laymans terms ;

This is a claim:

This is on pannle evidence:

Obviously the two don't support each other, but which one do think a rational person would disregard. The On PANNEL evidence or the claim ? Hmmm let me think ???

You do realise that Thor was inexperienced with this power and thus was overwhelmed by the difficulty it took to re-create the Moon

Heres an example

Mister Bloggs is given a GL Ring , his ring is identical to every other ring in every way/shape/form. Yet he can't stop time nor can he contain a supernova (which a GL ring has done before) he can fly (and get sick from never having flown before) but cannot do any of the previous feats.

Why ?

Because he is INEXPERIENCED !

masterbruce
Originally posted by Hercules
Where do you get the 250 tons max out from for Herc???

Immortal Herc is listed as incaluable strength and has never shown a limit even Mortal Herc has been shown lifting a bomb that was over a hundred tons and remarking that when he had all his power he would have hefted it with ease.

Among his feats is supporting heaven and earth on his shoulders, towing Manhatten island, walking along with an entire Quinjet full of people on his shoulders and not showing any effort etc etc.

So I'm interested at where you get this 250 ton max from, as hes never been observed to show a max?

Iron Man is about 100 ton max. Now Hercules seems to be at most 2 or 3 times stronger than Iron Man, so I put him around 200 - 300 tons max.
Those feats you mentioned are absolutely ridiculous...having the strength to tow an island would literally mean that his pinky could lift more than a billion tons....with ease.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Alfheim
Thor has strength feats that go into millions or even billions of tons.

So are you saying Thor's strength is in the billions? Even so, he would be a trillion times weaker than Superman, whose strength is in the quintillions, or maybe just slightly less (ASS can do 200 quintillion, so I'm assuming regular supes can do 1 quintillion).

Also, you do realize that if you are saying THor is capable of trillion ton strength, that would mean that guys he regularly struggles against are also close to that level of power, which would not make sense.

King_Mungi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Odin listed at like class 50. So do we really know it would increase his strength drastically?

EDIT: Just for clarifacation, I was talking to one of the Handbook writers about the feat of Hercules towing New York and he proclaimed it was simply Hercules just boosting. It's not canon. Need be, I can dig up the quote at alphawaves.com

Alfheim
So are you saying Thor's strength is in the billions? Even so, he would be a trillion times weaker than Superman, whose strength is in the quintillions, or maybe just slightly less (ASS can do 200 quintillion, so I'm assuming regular supes can do 1 quintillion).

Bro I get the feeling thats All Star Superman.....really.

Also, you do realize that if you are saying THor is capable of trillion ton strength, that would mean that guys he regularly struggles against are also close to that level of power, which would not make sense.

Like who and why not?

Captain REX
Please try to keep from letting the debate become an argument.

Rather than stating "Prove it or go home," you could instead say "I can disprove your statement by this, that, and the other." Otherwise, whoever says the former statement will just sound like a smarmy git.

If there seems to be a bias, then fight the bias with logic.

And if you're going to say something that won't be swallowed easily, try to at least provide evidence or a source...

Please continue with the debate with these things in mind.

Hercules
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Odin listed at like class 50. So do we really know it would increase his strength drastically?

EDIT: Just for clarifacation, I was talking to one of the Handbook writers about the feat of Hercules towing New York and he proclaimed it was simply Hercules just boosting. It's not canon. Need be, I can dig up the quote at alphawaves.com

No actually he claimed to have LIFTED Manhatten when he was boasting, he did actually tow it.

Its in his respect thread I believe (both the towing and him claiming to have lifted it)

Hercules
Iron Man is about 100 ton max. Now Hercules seems to be at most 2 or 3 times stronger than Iron Man, so I put him around 200 - 300 tons max.
Those feats you mentioned are absolutely ridiculous...having the strength to tow an island would literally mean that his pinky could lift more than a billion tons....with ease.

Again, you use the word "seems" that doesn't make it fact. If the feats are in print and can be read then no matter what your opinion is of them, doesn't negate the fact that they happened.

Hercules has been consistantly shown with feats that put him well in excess of most class 100's and Thor has been stated as his equal in strength, the two of them have shattered mountains arm wrestling each other.

So the 250 ton max is just your opinion, there is no fact to back it up and both Hercules and Thor have feats that put them well in excess of your 250 max theory.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Captain REX
Please try to keep from letting the debate become an argument.

Rather than stating "Prove it or go home," you could instead say "I can disprove your statement by this, that, and the other." Otherwise, whoever says the former statement will just sound like a smarmy git.

If there seems to be a bias, then fight the bias with logic.

And if you're going to say something that won't be swallowed easily, try to at least provide evidence or a source...

Please continue with the debate with these things in mind.

Damn wish they had mods like this earlier on. Could have done with mod like this in some debates ive had.

masterbruce
Again, you use the word "seems" that doesn't make it fact. If the feats are in print and can be read then no matter what your opinion is of them, doesn't negate the fact that they happened.

Hercules has been consistantly shown with feats that put him well in excess of most class 100's and Thor has been stated as his equal in strength, the two of them have shattered mountains arm wrestling each other.

So the 250 ton max is just your opinion, there is no fact to back it up and both Hercules and Thor have feats that put them well in excess of your 250 max theory.

so...what do you think Hercules' strength is?

because if you truly believe he is capable of towing Manhattan, then you're in effect saying he is thousands of times stronger than Iron Man, Thing, or Colossus, or any other power guy. In fact, do you think all of those guys together could even budge Manhattan? No, they can't...no even close. So are you really telling me that Hercules is thousands of times stronger than these heavy weights?

King_Mungi
No actually he claimed to have LIFTED Manhatten when he was boasting, he did actually tow it.

Its in his respect thread I believe (both the towing and him claiming to have lifted it)

No it was retconned to simply be him boosting, where he dragged it with the chain was stated by the writer of the handbook to be him boosting and didn't actually happened.

Hercules
No it was retconned to simply be him boosting, where he dragged it with the chain was stated by the writer of the handbook to be him boosting and didn't actually happened.

A writer of handbook, saying it is one thing, it being stated in a comic is another thing entirely.

Show me an issue number and a title with the retcon and I will take a look, as it is, he dragged Manhatten and then later bragged that he actually lifted it.

So he bragged about bragging? doesn't make sense to me and I need more proof than someone who writes handbooks saying it on an internet site.

Irregardless of that feat Hercules and Thor are both over a 250 ton max, Hercules has managed to lift Godzilla's foot and flip him, depending on incarnation Godzilla's weight is between 20,000 - 60,000 tons, he has also lifted a Giant Sequoia tree, the largest of which is said to weigh 1488 tons.

Hercules has also lifted a huge cylinder of Bedrock to rescue Thor,which made him seem like and ant underneath it and I could go on but this thread isn't for debating Hercules.

My point still stands, that Hercules has plenty of feats that put him well over a 250 ton max, as has Thor and stating that Herc and Thor have a 250 ton max when feats prove otherwise is false.

Now lets get back on topic shall we?

Hercules
so...what do you think Hercules' strength is?

because if you truly believe he is capable of towing Manhattan, then you're in effect saying he is thousands of times stronger than Iron Man, Thing, or Colossus, or any other power guy. In fact, do you think all of those guys together could even budge Manhattan? No, they can't...no even close. So are you really telling me that Hercules is thousands of times stronger than these heavy weights?

Look at my above post and check his respect thread, then come back to me, he is a lot stronger than Thing and Iron man and Colossus as is Thor.

See you are arguing with on panel and consistant evidence of both Thor and Herc lifting things far in excess of the three you just mentioned, when you consider that for the longest time Thing was a class 85 and now is a low class 100 and Colossus and Iron man are probably low to mid class 100's too, then Thor and Hercules have always far outweighed them in strength.

Thing has stood toe to toe with Hulk and Herc based on his fighting ability and durability and never say die attitude, he has never been on a par with them strength wise.

If you continnue to argue otherwise with no actual facts to back you up then that my friend is your look out not mine.

EDIT: as for my opinion of Herc strength level, Marvel say incalcuable and thats good enough for me. Now as I said, back to the debate at hand.

gogogadgetgo
Look at my above post and check his respect thread, then come back to me, he is a lot stronger than Thing and Iron man and Colossus as is Thor.

See you are arguing with on panel and consistant evidence of both Thor and Herc lifting things far in excess of the three you just mentioned, when you consider that for the longest time Thing was a class 85 and now is a low class 100 and Colossus and Iron man are probably low to mid class 100's too, then Thor and Hercules have always far outweighed them in strength.

Thing has stood toe to toe with Hulk and Herc based on his fighting ability and durability and never say die attitude, he has never been on a par with them strength wise.

If you continnue to argue otherwise with no actual facts to back you up then that my friend is your look out not mine.

EDIT: as for my opinion of Herc strength level, Marvel say incalcuable and thats good enough for me. Now as I said, back to the debate at hand.

i would have to agree with hercules here. if it is stated on panel then there is no sence in arguing that it isnt so coz its on panel. and as for the writer saying that her was just boosted, unless retconed on panel it means nothing.

you guys are arguing things that have been proven on panel. its like me saying that superman cant really do that coz that would mean that all of the heavy slugers who have busted him some are around that level also. that would also mean that wounderwoman was also near that level coz many are saying that she can hang with supes a bit. all you guys are doing are being biased and fanboyish.

with that said, superman isnt doing squat to that shield. he's just gona break his hand laughing

masterbruce

look, I have no problem with Herc and Thor being incalculable strength level...that's fine.

The problem is that then many of their fights don't make sense unless we are to believe people they fight against (think any class 100 character) are pretty close to incalculable strength levels themselves.

that's my only point. If you want Hercules to be a guy capable of towing the city of Manhattan, don't have him expound more than 1% or effort fighting guys like Thing or Colossus...lest you insult the intelligence of comic book readers.

masterbruce
Onpanel feats isn't the word of god....especially if its inconsistent.

Any bad writer without care for consistency can write up a ridiculous onpanel feat for a character...but that should not be the way that character is defined if the character is regularly not shown to be of such power.

Kutulu
look, I have no problem with Herc and Thor being incalculable strength level...that's fine.

The problem is that then many of their fights don't make sense unless we are to believe people they fight against (think any class 100 character) are pretty close to incalculable strength levels themselves.

that's my only point. If you want Hercules to be a guy capable of towing the city of Manhattan, don't have him expound more than 1% or effort fighting guys like Thing or Colossus...lest you insult the intelligence of comic book readers.

Thor has hefted a serpent that was close to the weight of the Earth. Hercules has towed manhattan with chains, held up the Earth on his back. Both of them have planet moving strength levels. Thor wouldn't have to expend much strength fighting Thing or Colossus, that would be a cakewalk. He holds himself back half the time when fighting on Earth.

King_Mungi
A writer of handbook, saying it is one thing, it being stated in a comic is another thing entirely.

Show me an issue number and a title with the retcon and I will take a look, as it is, he dragged Manhatten and then later bragged that he actually lifted it.

So he bragged about bragging? doesn't make sense to me and I need more proof than someone who writes handbooks saying it on an internet site.

It was not in the handbooks, but the writer of most of the handbook entries stated it's the general consensus of Marvel that it was Hercules bragging

I didn't say it was in an issue, but a Marvel employee a fairly important one stated it

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105
Originally posted by Loki
I'll check out the respect thread, but remember, the Handbooks have to factor in things like consistency and hyperbole - e.g. Hercules was once seen pulling the entire island of Manhattan into place using two chains from his back. This has been written off as a case where the comic was showing Herc's boastful account exaggerating his own feat (apart from anything else, even if Herc were that strong, where's he going to find chains that won't break, and where would he anchor them?)

About him: "And for the record, Loki=Stuart Vandal. I've just been Loki online (except where others have already claimed the name) since I started on the internet. Where plain old Loki is already taken, I'm either lokiofmidgaard or just plain Stuart".
===
You kidding? Hercules brags about everything he is always in a drunken stuper.

lando005

Any bad writer without care for consistency can write up a ridiculous onpanel feat for a character...but that should not be the way that character is defined if the character is regularly not shown to be of such power. are you serious? herc and thor both have feats that regualrly show them at that strenght level they've been that way they have always been that way. superman wasn't defined to have the strength that he has today so are you saying everything he's ever done is bad writing?

lando005

Any bad writer without care for consistency can write up a ridiculous onpanel feat for a character...but that should not be the way that character is defined if the character is regularly not shown to be of such power. more to the point herc and thor are defined as having no known upper limit to their strength so i guess according you you the hulk can only lift about 100 tons cause guys like thing can slug it out with him

charlemagne9746
lol...honestly..if it was in a comic....Supes could probably rip the shield clean in half.

lando005
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
lol...honestly..if it was in a comic....Supes could probably rip the shield clean in half. no no he couldn't

Alfheim

Bro its a comicbook. I think Collosus and Thing have feats that go into 100,000s anyway. Furthermore if both Hercules and Thor had incalcubale strength they could both jump out of orbit at supersonic speed...neither of them can and they would probably shake the ground with every step they took....they dont.

....and yes if they had incalcuable strength the pressure waves caused by their muscles woudl be able to generate pressure waves that could knock people over.

Hercules
It was not in the handbooks, but the writer of most of the handbook entries stated it's the general consensus of Marvel that it was Hercules bragging

I didn't say it was in an issue, but a Marvel employee a fairly important one stated it

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

About him: "And for the record, Loki=Stuart Vandal. I've just been Loki online (except where others have already claimed the name) since I started on the internet. Where plain old Loki is already taken, I'm either lokiofmidgaard or just plain Stuart".
===
You kidding? Hercules brags about everything he is always in a drunken stuper.

Like I said, I need more evidence than some guy on the internet who works for Marvel.

If its in a comic, its a retcon, if its not then it hasn't been retconed.

Again though you are missing the point, that was one of half a dozen feats I listed that puts Hercules over the 250 cap that masterbruce put on him.

Even if Marvel OFFICIALY retconned it in an issue, he still has the other feats and many more that put him over a 250 ton limit.

For instance we all know Sasquatch is over the class 90 odd that Marvel ranks him at because his feats speak for themselves and they are consistant.

Thats what I'm saying here, Herc has dozens of feats that put him over a 250 ton max. That was my one and only point until you started saying that it had been retconned because someone who works for marvel said so.

Give me on panel evidence in an issue and I will conceed, after all Hercules has lots of other feats to draw off and it was one in a list not the only one. wink

grey fox
Like I said, I need more evidence than some guy on the internet who works for Marvel.

Again though you are missing the point, that was one of half a dozen feats I listed that puts Hercules over the 250 cap that masterbruce put on him.

Even if Marvel OFFICIALY retconned it in an issue, he still has the other feats and many more that put him over a 250 ton limit.

For instance we all know Sasquatch is over the class 90 odd that Marvel ranks him at because his feats speak for themselves and they are consistant.

Thats what I'm saying here, Herc has dozens of feats that put him over a 250 ton max. That was my one and only point until you started saying that it had been retconned because someone who works for marvel said so.

Give me on panel evidence in an issue and I will conceed, after all Hercules has lots of other feats to draw off and it was one in a list not the only one. wink

Were not calling you out on Whether Herc is over 250 Hercules, just that the Manhatten feat is bunk.

Hercules

Its a COMIC book!

Colossus at class 70 when he was a teen gave Gladiator a tussle, the same Gladiator who tows freakin planets!

Thor has a rogues gallery of guys no where near his strength level who have given him trouble, Thing has hurt Cyborg Superman in a crossover, it makes a good story.

So lets see, you would like to see a comic book fight go like this..."Hercules knocks the bozo out with one shot"

Why you are fixating on the towing of Manhatten thing is beyond me, its one feat of many that puts him over the limit you placed on him.

You put a limit on a character based on your opinion and stated it like it was a fact, I simply pointed out that Herc has dozens of feats that puts him over that limit, hell as Alf has said, Thing and Colossus both have feats that put them close or over that limit you placed on Hercules and Thor.

Class 100 = people who can lift in excess of 100 tons, all class 100's are not the same.

Artistic licence plays a big part in comic book fights, thats why we have a set of KMC rules that try to be more grounded.

Well, Hercules feats are not inconsistant, when you consider Marvel has confirmed that Hercules is the ancient God of myth, the same one that held up Heaven and earth, Hercules WHOLE deal is that he has amazing strength.

Thats it, thats his power, thats ALL he does, Manhatten may be a high end feat but he has low end feats that blow your 250 ton limit out of the water, you have nothing to base you limit on other than he "seems" to be 2 or 3 times stronger than Iron Man in your opinion.

So instead of conceeding that there is consistant on panel evidence to suggest he is way above your cap, you fixate on one feat and then blame bad writing.

Lots of different writers have written Hercules and most of them have shown him with strength feats that place him as a very high class 100 who has feats that do put him into the thousands of tons strength wise.

How is that either bad writing or inconsistant? one feat you can write off as PIS but how many does he have to have before you consider it not PIS?

two, three, ten, how many?

Thor and Hercules have feats that put them over the limit YOU placed on them, accept that and move on!

Hercules
Originally posted by grey fox
Were not calling you out on Whether Herc is over 250 Hercules, just that the Manhatten feat is bunk.

I like I said, if it has been retconned in Marvel continuity, I will conceed the feat.

So far the only evidence I have been shown is someone on a forum, it was one in a list of feats I posted.

Alfheim
At any rate even if you want to drop the Manhattan feat Thor and Hercules fighting each over and causing world wide tremors is even worse. Hell I think it even said that they could have made the planet go out of orbit. *shrug* Its a comicbook dont really care.

Caps Conscience
No one, I mean No messes with Caps Shield.

King_Mungi

Uuuuuh...what? I'm not debating if Hercules can lift 250 tons, I know he can do more..far more and never did I say otherwise. Hell Sasquatch has tossed 250 tons 1000 feet with ease.

My point was what grey fox said

Originally posted by grey fox

Caps Conscience
maybe it was more his magic that effected the shield's properties

Tell these idiots that you don't know me please.

KMC_Drifter
IMO, if anyone can physically destroy that shield...it would be Superman.

lando005
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
IMO, if anyone can physically destroy that shield...it would be Superman. no he couldn't there are people who can but they would have to be higher end cosmics

sups has a better chance of denting admantium than he ever has of doing anything to that shield

kevdude
Nah Caps shield wouldn't be effected by Superman. If Supes can't pick up Thors hammer he will never be able to rip the shield apart.

h1a8
thor is equal to if not stronger than sups on his own thor with the odin force >>>>>sups

Regular Thor is nowhere near superman's strength it riduculous.
Why do you say such crazy stuff. Superman's strength is at least in the of quintillions of tons if not more. Hhe wasn't even flinching when lifting 200 quadrillions tons with his left hand and one third of this is about 67 quadrillions. So with all his might he can possibly lift more than 20 times this (since he wasn't even flinching with his left hand) and easily exceed to the quintillions. Plus in JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system.
And the crazy part is that Supes holds back most of the time because of mental blocks. It is reasonable to believe that he can dent the shield under extreme determination.

Lastly many here are using faulty reasoning.
They assume that since Thor with the Odin Force can dent Cap's shield then Supes can't since he is supposedly weaker. That's like saying since an armor piercing bullet can penetrate a block of wood then a regular lead bullet can't since its weaker. Maybe Supes can make a much smaller dent (but still dent it).

Nikkolas
WHY do people keep bringing uP ALL-STAR SUPERMAN for strength feats?

Hannibal-Lector
Let see Superman or Thor... i think... OH WAIT THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THOR! stick to the topic people, its all comics and both marvel and dc show a degree of inconstistancy.... I dont think superman could do anything to cap's shield... there... now that wasnt hard was it

h1a8
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
I dont think superman could do anything to cap's shield... there... now that wasnt hard was it

well I do.
Now that wasn't so hard either.

gogogadgetgo
if we let superman sundip for a while i think he could bust captain america's shield to pieces...

he would go sundip for 5 min, punch it and see if anything happens, then he would go sundip for 10min, punch it and see if anything happesn, rince repeat until he does bust that shield.

though i dont really know how much dipping he would actually have to do stick out tongue

lando005
Regular Thor is nowhere near superman's strength it riduculous.
Why do you say such crazy stuff. Superman's strength is at least in the of quintillions of tons if not more. Hhe wasn't even flinching when lifting 200 quadrillions tons with his left hand and one third of this is about 67 quadrillions. So with all his might he can possibly lift more than 20 times this (since he wasn't even flinching with his left hand) and easily exceed to the quintillions. Plus in JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system.
And the crazy part is that Supes holds back most of the time because of mental blocks. It is reasonable to believe that he can dent the shield under extreme determination.

Lastly many here are using faulty reasoning.
They assume that since Thor with the Odin Force can dent Cap's shield then Supes can't since he is supposedly weaker. That's like saying since an armor piercing bullet can penetrate a block of wood then a regular lead bullet can't since its weaker. Maybe Supes can make a much smaller dent (but still dent it). that was ALL STAR SUPERMAN regular superman cant even move the moon he's not in the quad strength class at best the hundred thousands there is no way under normal conditions that superman would ever dent that shield he's more likely to break his hand on it

Tron
Originally posted by kevdude
Nah Caps shield wouldn't be effected by Superman. If Supes can't pick up Thors hammer he will never be able to rip the shield apart.

Lifting Mjolnir and damaging Cap's shield have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, to give some people an idea on how strong most characters are, a fully loaded 747 weighs over 300 tons, and we've all seen most characters lift something similar to that on more than one occasion, if that helps give anyone an idea (those who didn't already have an idea).

h1a8
that was ALL STAR SUPERMAN regular superman cant even move the moon he's not in the quad strength class at best the hundred thousands there is no way under normal conditions that superman would ever dent that shield he's more likely to break his hand on it

comics contradict themselves all the time. That is why he get low showings, high showings, and even PIS. I even seen spiderman struggle lifting a car over his head before.

It is a fact that Superman's strength fluctuates depending on his will, vicinity to a yellow sun, how much mental blocks are removed, and how much energy he has absorbed. If he couldn't move a moon then why when he was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery was able to use his strength to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system? Any why when angered (some mental blocks removed) was he easily able to bust a moon in half? And why with only sundipping for a moment was he able to overpower thousands of galaxies of power? There is no way a small portion of energy from one star can equal thousands of galaxies of power unless supe's energy is part psionic as byrne already confirmed.

OneDumbG0
Nothing short of top of the line cosmic shatters the shield. Doom w/ Beyonder's power, pre-retcon Molecule Man, Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet, King Thor w/ Odinforce. I don't put Superman anywhere near those levels.

Strength alone doesn't cut it. No matter how impressive it is. Superman would hurt himself a lot trying to faze the shield. That's the bottom-line.

Alfheim
Also Gladiator has punched against Caps shield and it didnt do a damn thing. Gladiator is supposed to be based on Superman right and has destroyed a plant with several punches apparently.

h1a8
Also Gladiator has punched against Caps shield and it didnt do a damn thing. Gladiator is supposed to be based on Superman right and has destroyed a plant with several punches apparently.

He didn't punch the shield as hard as he did the planet.
If regular supes under supreme determination can't put a small dent in it (I seriously doubt that though) then it is a fact that sundipped Superman can.

Phenomenol
Captain America's shield >>> Superman!

Superman can;t do anything to it.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Phenomenol
Captain America's shield >>> Superman!

Superman can;t do anything to it.

Someone call the press, Phenom actually said something I agree with!

Phenomenol
That's a bad thing, it must mean I am lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endless Mike
That's a bad thing, it must mean I am lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet you never admit you're wrong about anything. So now we have a paradox. The universe is about to explode.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Another lie! sad

Endless Mike
Another lie! sad

It's called a joke.

lando005
comics contradict themselves all the time. That is why he get low showings, high showings, and even PIS. I even seen spiderman struggle lifting a car over his head before.

It is a fact that Superman's strength fluctuates depending on his will, vicinity to a yellow sun, how much mental blocks are removed, and how much energy he has absorbed. If he couldn't move a moon then why when he was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery was able to use his strength to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system? Any why when angered (some mental blocks removed) was he easily able to bust a moon in half? And why with only sundipping for a moment was he able to overpower thousands of galaxies of power? There is no way a small portion of energy from one star can equal thousands of galaxies of power unless supe's energy is part psionic as byrne already confirmed. or it could be that his strength varies because it's his comic he's dc's flag ship character and they always want to make him look good. His powers are not psionic in nature they are do to a unique gland in his body that converts solar energy into bio energy for him, and even that doesnt cleaify feats he has over the years as to say his body can only hold soo much energy within it he's a solar battery with a fixed capacity yet dc has him continue to get stronger every year to a point that is believe able we could just say he hasn't reached full capacity yet but with him sun dipping that's not the case his strength should be topped out by now but like i said dc wants to make him look good so they will find ways to increase his strength sometimes without any reason at all. The thing is though sun dipped or not current sups can NOT even dent cap's shield without pis cis

Caps Conscience
Supe cannot do it.

Alfheim
He didn't punch the shield as hard as he did the planet.

Glads was pissed and he was punching against it he was hitting it as hard as he could.

h1a8
Glads was pissed and he was punching against it he was hitting it as hard as he could.

Punching as hard as he can doesn't mean he was punching with the same force as busting the planet. Otherwise, what was behind the shield we he punched it would have been destroyed like the planet. Especially since the shield is both able to be batted (knocked) away and able to be forced through objects with only human force.

OneDumbG0
Read this past post of mine for my interpretation of the physics behind Cap's shield (which haven't really been fully explained) and why your intuitions behind what would happen, wouldn't happen at all for the reasons you think. It's forgivable since that's what would happen in real life, but not in comics as clearly illustrated in Cap's stories:
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Funny how Cap's shield contradicts itself. It can take any punishment and nullify the momentum, yet it seems to retain that momentum just fine and not absorb any impacts when its thrown at someone or something.

Interesting... What the f**k?
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Let me illustrate the issue more definitively, "If I dangled Cap's shield from the ceiling with a string and shoot a stream of water at it, will it not swing at all? What about Cyke's blast?"

My explanation has to do with the convex/vibranium nature of his shield. Convex curvature of any object results in natural redistribution of force. Quick illustration, "Choose whether or not you want to punch a flat 1-inch thick wooden board, or a curved outward 1-inch thick wooden board." You get the idea. Its just natural physics. The punch's force goes into the board but gets splashed outwards more dramatically with a more convex curvature.

Now vibranium supposedly absorbs force. We're smart enough to know it doesn't just do away with force and casts it into nothingness. It probably works, if not in exact theory, then in analogy, like a car's shock absorbers. All the force is there bouncing the car up and down, but the spring coil's properties dampen the bouncing by redistributing the force throughout the coil. With vibranium its the same thing. The force may get absorbed/dampened because it goes straight to the strong molecular bonds, or because vibranium molecules act in tandem and bounce force back and forth at astonishing speeds to make it seem like the force disappeared, whatever. Its the same idea.

Take that convex nature and throw vibranium into the equation, and you get a drastically exagerrated effect that appears to be pure force absorption and nullification but is really in fact just redistribution. This works both ways too however. Think about the concave nature when you look from behind Cap's shield. If vibranium redistributes force so insanely, then Cap's strength, pushing from behind, would eventually get redistributed into the very center of the shield from behind since that is the focus. Therefore, you have inertia from the back since his strength can't get splashed outwards anywhere. It eventually meets in the focus.

So take the illustration above and apply these concepts: If nothing was behind the shield, then a stream of water would cause the shield to swing. And Cyke's blast would make it swing and fly away into the next county. Now with the water stream, a single finger applying constant pressure from behind is probably enough to stop the shield from moving. The ratio of outer force necessary to overpower inner force is probably exponential, considering vibranium's crazy redistribution characteristics. So in order to stop Cyke's blast, a blast that could puncture a mountain, all that's necessary is, say, the strength of a Super Soldier pushing from behind to keep the shield stationary.

So what about when Cap clonks someone in the head in mid-flight with his thrown shield? Wouldn't this exponential ratio of force mean that the force behind his thrown shield would result in the guy's head getting splattered, like a missile just hit it? Well, no. I'm not saying Cap's strength is multiplied. But the dampening effects caused by the convex curvature and vibranium's distribution properties allow Cap to withstand Thanos crushing down on him and other law defying feats like the picture posted below. That picture involved an entire skyscraper on top of Cap and an energy shield that specifically simulated a strong vibranium matrix as described by Sharon Carter, who gave it to him.

MJOILNIR
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/kytrapper/page0203wn.jpg

lando005
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/kytrapper/page0203wn.jpg what does that have to do with anything?

Battlehammer
rune king thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>superman

lando005
Originally posted by Battlehammer
rune king thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>superman RKT has nothing to do with this

Battlehammer
RKT has nothing to do with this
yes but they were using the pic to help there superman arguement.

lando005
Originally posted by Battlehammer
yes but they were using the pic to help there superman arguement. but it doesn't help their argument at all

ra7whore
Can the man of steel punch a hole through Captain America's adamantium shield?

Warlord
^ no

Originally posted by ra7whore
Captain America's adamantium shield

and no

the ninjak
Captain America's shield can absorb any impact.

Only molecular or magic can threaten it.

And get a classier name!!!

Superman can still beat the shield through BFR though. I'll give him 3/10 for the ocasional BFR

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
Superman can still beat the shield through BFR though. I'll give him 3/10 for the ocasional BFR

laughing out loud

Solidus Black
I think he can dent and deform it but i dont think he can punch his way through

however, if cap is holding the shield he probably wouldnt survive multiple impacts

he wont even dent it and CA would survive it. the shield apparently cant be overloaded and any kinetic energy that hits it directly will be absorbed and have its effects negated.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
he wont even dent it and CA would survive it. the shield apparently cant be overloaded and any kinetic energy that hits it directly will be absorbed and have its effects negated.
Apparently one of the chemicals that spilled onto the shield while the creator was sleeping was magical leperchaun powder, because the shield shits on the laws of physics, especially the way it handled Human Torch's attack.

Parmaniac
The color of/on the shield is also indestructible.

yes, I too find its displayed defenses against area attacks a ridiculous plot device. personally, I label them all PIS

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
yes, I too find its displayed defenses against area attacks a ridiculous plot device. personally, I label them all PIS thumb up

EDIT: I just need to mention it again: IT KNOCKED SANDMAN OUT!!!!

Solidus Black
Originally posted by 753

well taht craps on every time i see Cap knocked away while holding the shield.

Hell even once Cap was dropped off a building by Rock Python and landed on the shield. The shield absorbed most of the impact, but Cap then admitted taht he still hurt his back.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
yes, I too find its displayed defenses against area attacks a ridiculous plot device. personally, I label them all PIS
It doesn't make it better that some Cap fans act like its impossible to just wrest the shield from him and toss it aside and then commence to crushing him like a can.

Solidus Black
To wrest the shield from Cap you would need Batman, Reed Richards, Lex Luthor, Doctor Doom and a full month's prep time

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Solidus Black
To wrest the shield from Cap you would need Batman, Reed Richards, Lex Luthor, Doctor Doom and a full month's prep time Or you just need to be Spider-man but I agree these loosers you mentioned don't come even close to him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It doesn't make it better that some Cap fans act like its impossible to just wrest the shield from him and toss it aside and then commence to crushing him like a can. not impossible...but very difficult

Galan007
Supes could likely dent the shield. He ain't breaking it, though.

tideoftime
If this is a *serious* question (and not just trolling...)...

As the shield is not magical (as Wonder Woman's bracers/lasso, or Dr. Strange's Eye, etc), it is possible that with *supreme*, *sustained*, the-fate-of-the-world-is-at-stake -- effort, Superman has *some* chance of being able to *dent*/otherwise deform Cap's shield... but that isn't happening casually, by any means, and he sure isn't punching a hole through it. Also, his hands/knuckles would likely be very badly hurt during/afterwards, similar to original Superman's hands after pummeling on/breaking through the crystal wall/barrier Alex Luthor made as a barrier between the Pre- and Post- Crisis realities...

Originally posted by Solidus Black
well taht craps on every time i see Cap knocked away while holding the shield.

Hell even once Cap was dropped off a building by Rock Python and landed on the shield. The shield absorbed most of the impact, but Cap then admitted taht he still hurt his back. it is somewhat inconsistant yes, but he usually survives unharmed

AsbestosFlaygon
Dent it, yes.

Punch a hole through it, doubt it.

CosmicComet
Ain't even denting it.

Cap's shield is the GOAT.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
not impossible...but very difficult
I don't see how that would be at all difficult for anyone with strength at Spider-Man's level or higher.

Silent Master
Dent it, No.

Punch a hole through it, No.

rotiart
Didn't king Thor do it with strength alone?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by rotiart
Didn't king Thor do it with strength alone?
Destroy it? Nah he used eyebeams.

Silent Master
During the Ironman fight, there was energy surrounding the hammer when he hit it. and that energy would be magical in nature.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Supes could likely dent the shield. He ain't breaking it, though.

Naah, gladiator was punching caps shield with everything he had for a long period of time and it didn't do anything to the shield.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
Naah, gladiator was punching caps shield with everything he had for a long period of time and it didn't do anything to the shield.
Well that's because he's Gladiator.

Galan007
Originally posted by rotiart
Didn't king Thor do it with strength alone? He put a softball-sized dent in it, yeah.

Cockblocker
He put a softball-sized dent in it, yeah.

He certainly did old pal, but you and i are probably the only ones who've read the comic.

Galan007
Heh.

I thought you deserted KMC, my friend.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The color of/on the shield is also indestructible.

Wrong.

psycho gundam
i heard cap regularly paints it

Galan007
^ Considering KT's hammer strike didn't even chip the paint, I'd say it's pretty damn durable.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wrong. I can't remeber a single time where it was "damaged"

Pics or it didn't happen shifty

StiltmanFTW
I can't remeber a single time where it was "damaged"

Pics or it didn't happen shifty

Captain America Annual #8.

quanchi112
Can't dent it.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Captain America Annual #8. http://www.loltimeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/pics.jpg

Galan007
^ So the shield sliding across spikes will scrape off the paint:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2227/caann0810a.th.jpg

But a hammer strike from a berserk King Thor won't do anything to it?:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8202/avengersv306317.th.jpg http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8823/avengersv306318.th.jpg

Hm.

Starscream M
^ So the shield sliding across spikes will scrape off the paint:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2227/caann0810a.th.jpg

But a hammer strike from a berserk King Thor won't do anything to it?:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8202/avengersv306317.th.jpg http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8823/avengersv306318.th.jpg

Hm. one's blunt...one's sharp no expression

it ain't rocket science dood

Parmaniac
one's blunt...one's sharp no expression

it ain't rocket science dood If you would know anything about paint you wouldn't say that.

psycho gundam
they probably just...forgot.

it's a minute detail

If you would know anything about paint you wouldn't say that. i wouldn't expect it to be the same paint you could pick up at home depot however.

Galan007
one's blunt...one's sharp no expression

it ain't rocket science dood laughing out loud

Go hit the hood of your car with a sledgehammer and tell me if the paint chips.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i wouldn't expect it to be the same paint you could pick up at home depot however. You're right it's most likely freedom paint destilled out of the US awesomeness.

BattleMage
Supes could likely dent the shield. He ain't breaking it, though. laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
laughing out loud
What's funny about that?

the ninjak
aint happening.

carver9
Originally posted by the ninjak
aint happening.

This is what is funny about that. Especially since we have a planet crusher like gladiator punching it with no effect at all.

-Pr-
This is what is funny about that. Especially since we have a planet crusher like gladiator punching it with no effect at all.

The Doomsday Machine was a planet crusher and it was no match for Captain Kirk.

Besides, Superman's feats > Gladiator's.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Doomsday Machine was a planet crusher and it was no match for Captain Kirk.

Besides, Superman's feats > Gladiator's.

I disagree with everything you just typed.

BattleMage

BattleMage
What's funny about that? aint happening.

-Pr-

kirk DID beat the doomsday machine, though.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
aint happening.
Your last three posts have consisted of a smiley, quoting someone else, and parroting what someone else said.

Are you actually going to debate sometime in the near future?

And why isn't it happening? King Thor proved that physical might alone could seriously dent it. Just because Gladiator couldn't put a scratch in it has no bearing on whether or not Superman can.

Black bolt z
I doubt superman could dent it.Is it possible?Yes.Do I think he will be able to?No.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I doubt superman could dent it.Is it possible?Yes.Do I think he will be able to?No.
There's no proof he could dent it, but making absolute statements that he can't also are without adequate proof when there is an example of it happening with an albeit more powerful character.

Black bolt z
There's no proof he could dent it, but making absolute statements that he can't also are without adequate proof when there is an example of it happening with an albeit more powerful character. Wait here you said he couldn't dent it and above you said he could.Which is it?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wait here you said he couldn't dent it and above you said he could.Which is it?
I actually didn't say he could dent it, just that their "arguments" for why he couldn't were insufficient.

Black bolt z
I actually didn't say he could dent it, just that their "arguments" for why he couldn't were insufficient. Same here.I'm not saying he couldn't.I'm just saying i'd bet against it.But its completely entriely possible.

Break/punch a hole through it no way in hell.But he can dent it.

Colossus-Big C
superman isnt doing a thing to the shield

carver9
Your last three posts have consisted of a smiley, quoting someone else, and parroting what someone else said.

Are you actually going to debate sometime in the near future?

And why isn't it happening? King Thor proved that physical might alone could seriously dent it. Just because Gladiator couldn't put a scratch in it has no bearing on whether or not Superman can.

Huh?

Gladiator ripped through the crimson bands like it was paper. Do you know anything of the character? He has also moved planets and busted planets open with his fist. It was also stated (even though its hyperbole) that the guy ripped a star in half with his bare hands.

If gladiator isn't doing anything to the shield, supes isn't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>