Death Sentence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Anybody seen the trailer for the movie Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon? Looks like a good exciting movie.comes out fri aug 31st.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Interesting trailer. Kevin Bacon has always been a good actor.

Mr Parker
yeah he's very underrated as well.

a.star
Thanks for the trailer.

Yeah, I saw Bacon earlier today on Moving Pictures Magazine's website. He's on the cover of the summer issue and I think he talks about filming the movie in his interview with them.

See his bright blue eyes (thirsting for blood? lol) here:
(see their website @ moving pictures magazine .com /departments /temporary /summerissue2007 - remove the spaces).

Mr Parker
well one more week from now this movie opens. Happy Dance

Mr Parker
well tonights opening night.hopefully after the weekend,the reviews will start coming in.

kodak
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Interesting trailer. Kevin Bacon has always been a good actor. i agree, I truely Believed he was a child rapist after watching "Sleepers"

stick out tongue i kid i kid, but the dude is a great actor, and oh man i wanna see Death Sentence, and i never wanna see movies.

Mr Parker
Thats another reason I am happy he is in THIS movie. He has been in too many movies where he is a bad guy and really evil.He was getting type cast in those kinds of roles for far too long a time.Nice to see him FINALLY after such a long time,have a role where he is a good guy again.Seems like the last movie he was in where he wasnt bad was that dog movie called My Dog Skip.

kodak
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Thats another reason I am happy he is in THIS movie. He has been in too many movies where he is a bad guy and really evil.He was getting type cast in those kinds of roles for far too long a time.Nice to see him FINALLY after such a long time,have a role where he is a good guy again.Seems like the last movie he was in where he wasnt bad was that dog movie called My Dog Skip. he was good guy in Tremors, And he got the girl

Mr Parker
yeah but that was made way before My Dog Skip.Early on for a while he had good roles like in footloose,flatliners,jfk and that one you mentioned,but most of his movies in his later years have been bad guy roles. mad

kodak
Would you rather he had never shown of his acting as the bad guy?
Wouldnt that be a let down, to not know how damn good of a villian he could be?

Darth Vicious
Thats another reason I am happy he is in THIS movie. He has been in too many movies where he is a bad guy and really evil.He was getting type cast in those kinds of roles for far too long a time.Nice to see him FINALLY after such a long time,have a role where he is a good guy again.Seems like the last movie he was in where he wasnt bad was that dog movie called My Dog Skip.
True but the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I see his name or someone mentions it is "Footloose". Because of it I dont think he'll be typecast. He has done a lot of different roles.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by kodak
Would you rather he had never shown of his acting as the bad guy?
Wouldnt that be a let down, to not know how damn good of a villian he could be?

No I dont mind him getting cast in bad guy roles but what I DONT like is when happened to him in the 90's and some of 2000 as well is the MAJORITY of his roles he started getting typecast as a villain.THAT I dont like.I wish he would get more like the kind of roles Tom Cruise has gotten,He deserves them because he is a better actor.He is very underrated as one as well.damn looks like nobody saw it over the weekend.well I didnt either and plan on it next weekend so maybe then there will be some reviews of it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
True but the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I see his name or someone mentions it is "Footloose". Because of it I dont think he'll be typecast. He has done a lot of different roles.

I hope your right about that.Thats a good point so maybe that wont happen.who knows.

kodak
No I dont mind him getting cast in bad guy roles but what I DONT like is when happened to him in the 90's and some of 2000 as well is the MAJORITY of his roles he started getting typecast as a villain.THAT I dont like.I wish he would get more like the kind of roles Tom Cruise has gotten,He deserves them because he is a better actor.He is very underrated as one as well.damn looks like nobody saw it over the weekend.well I didnt either and plan on it next weekend so maybe then there will be some reviews of it. i would have gone and see it, but not only can i not spare the money, i dont go and see movies at the Cinema anymore.

SelphieT
Can't wait to see this movie!

Mr Parker
cool. cool

FistOfThe North
Why is everyone blowing Kevin Beacon up as if he's stellar. The guys good but he's not super talented. Sometimes he come across as if he'd practiced his lines just once and said "ok let's do it." But most of the time he gets it done. But a Tom Cruise he is not.

Anyway i liked the movie alot. There was no lesson to be learned everybody lost at the end so i didn't know what the moral of the story was.. Cause It Didn't Have One! I don't know how the main bad guy didn't know to finish K.B. off by popping one in his head just to make sure, in that living room.

But other than that the action was good.

B+

Dusty
Looks like utter shit. I guarantee it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Why is everyone blowing Kevin Beacon up as if he's stellar. The guys good but he's not super talented. Sometimes he come across as if he'd practiced his lines just once and said "ok let's do it." But most of the time he gets it done. But a Tom Cruise he is not.

Anyway i liked the movie alot. There was no lesson to be learned everybody lost at the end so i didn't know what the moral of the story was.. Cause It Didn't Have One! I don't know how the main bad guy didn't know to finish K.B. off by popping one in his head just to make sure, in that living room.

But other than that the action was good.

B+ well Tom Cruise isnt super talented either.Cruise is over rated while Bacon is underrated.I will be seeing this movie this weekend so I will be able to comment on it then.

FistOfThe North
well Tom Cruise isnt super talented either.Cruise is over rated while Bacon is underrated.I will be seeing this movie this weekend so I will be able to comment on it then.

Tom Cruise isn't stellar but has the potential to win an Academy Award for best actor some day and I'll tell you that Tom Cruise is a better actor than Kevin Bacon is.

But I think you'll enjoy the movie. The revelations in it caught me off guard pretty good.

Dusty
well Tom Cruise isnt super talented either.Cruise is over rated while Bacon is underrated.I will be seeing this movie this weekend so I will be able to comment on it then.

Cruise is a very talented actor. Just a crazy douchebag in reality.

Mr Parker
Please Bacon is much better than that over rated Cruise any day of the year.Of course he might cause he gets the better movies.

Mr Parker
well I just saw this movie over the weekend.Like i said before,I was happy being a kevin bacon fan,that for the first time in a lonnnnggg time,he was in a movie where he wasnt a bad guy.finally.I liked it,thought it was one of his better movies.could have been a lot better though actually.I found it pretty unrealistic and not at all believable when after Bacon kills that thugs brother,that they came to his house and sot bacon,his wife and his son and did such a bad job,that bacon and his son survived,not at all believeable.they would have made sure beyond a doubt that they killed them.It seems that they could have come up with something better like after those two cops were found dead and the police car,there could have been another cop going by to see why that unit wasnt responding and when they got there,after seeing them dead,run into the house and prevent those guys from killing bacons wife and wounding them.That would have been much better.I did not like it that his wife got killed for his actions.

Plus how the hell could the police be so insinsitive about what happened to his wife and son to go after them like they should have.stupid.Because of that,I would have to give it 2 and a half stars out of 4.

Critic
The movie was terrible. Plot holes through the roof, terrible cast, bad screenplay ... God, the whole movie was a bloody mess. This is probably one of Wan's worst pictures since Saw III. Don't waste your money. It was just a typical and predictable revenge story with Kevin shaving his head and suddenly becoming Gunman of the year.

Mr Parker
there were definetly plot holes and it could have been much better.I agree.its really not worth the money.

Rogue Jedi
bought it and saw it today. pretty good, especially the last shootout.

Mr Parker
wow,thought this thread wasd dead for good.well since its back,glad you liked it.I was really dissapointed with it for the reasons mentioned earlier.

Rogue Jedi
It had its moments.

ragesRemorse
I give this movie credit for doing things that other movies in its respective genre wouldn't have the balls to do. I just dont think the movie was made very well and the character development was almost laughable when it wasn't embarrassing to watch. Whom ever Directed this movie, squandered the talents of Kevin Bacon and the potential for a good revenge story.

Mr Parker
yeah i agree with both of you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.