DC Magic vs Marvel Magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
U has the most powerful Magic? As in sorcerers, artifacts and the like.

Galan007
DC seems to be far more magic oriented, imo.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
DC seems to be far more magic oriented, imo.

That's not what the original post wanted to know, though.

For example, the 'Harry Potter' world is even MORE magic oriented, but the magic they utilize is FAR weaker.

Just because it's more common, doesn't make it more powerful.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
That's not what the original post wanted to know, though. Maybe not, but that's what I told it. stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
DC's 2nd highest entity is magic, so...... stick out tongue

And aren't there some people who claim the GL rings are magic? confused

quanchi112
dc has the edge in magic

Stupid Rookie
DC definitly has not only more magic oriented characters, but they tend to be more powerful.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
DC definitly has not only more magic oriented characters, but they tend to be more powerful.

You can't really say that. Strange could go to the DCU and do very well there.

Citizen V
DC.

Albeit a few very powerful magic users (Strange, Scarlet Witch etc.), Marvel's magical characters are pretty crappy.

Akuki
Marvel doesn't have many magic users, but the two main ones they have are extremely powerful. However since the spectre is magic as is Doctor fate, if it was a battle between the most powerful magicians, DC would win.

Caps Conscience
What do you qualify the infinity gauntlet as?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
You can't really say that. Strange could go to the DCU and do very well there.

I am not saying that the Vishanti or Strange wouldn't do well, but I think Spectre is tops in the magic dept.

Evil_Ash

Cosmic.

quanchi112
while dc has the edge in magic marvel definitely has the edge in cosmic powers.

Utrigita

I wouldn't classify it as a magical object, because it abilities far extent those of a magic object. Magical objects I'm thinking the ward of watomb, Eye of agamotto you get my meaning the IG is IMO a item that gains it wielder power far extenting any magical objects.

Sundipped
DC magic is light years beyond Marvel's.

Side note: That guy Sise Neg is the most powerful socerer in Marvel. He travelled back in time to the beginning of the universe collecting mystical energy all along the way and had gained enough energy to create a universe.

Erik-Lensherr
Characters : DC (Spectre)
Artifacts : DC (Spear of Destiny)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Characters : DC (Spectre)
Artifacts : DC (Spear of Destiny) spectre could get beat by dormammu.

jrodslam
DC easily imo.

Sentinels of Magic, Members of the Quintessence, Scarabs, etc. Thats a bit tough to beat me thinks.

Endless Mike
Zom (classic, not the version that the Hulk is going to beat)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
spectre could get beat by dormammu.

**** no he wouldn't. durlaugh

lordboo
twilghit sword is magic based?
hom wanda is probably marvels most powerful

OneDumbG0
Spectre is definitely a magical being. But, Spectre at his most powerful is kind of like Thanos w/THOTU in Marvel. When you're directed and empowered by the Presence/God, that's kind of more plot device then pure magic. THOTU had magic in it also (Dr. Strange sensed it), and nobody would argue that it was more TOAA/Godly then it was magical.

So it's only fair to put in Thanos w/THOTU if Spectre empowered with Presence is counted. And at that point, these comparisons of magic between DCU and MU become pointless. Anybody else got thoughts on that?

Because moving past that, and leaving Presence/TOAA out of the equation, I think it's pretty equal if you start making lists.

Greatest magical being: Spectre (on his own) - HOM Wanda
Greatest magical weapon: Spear of Destiny > Twilight Sword (I'm thinking there's something greater in MU? Thoughts?)
Greatest set of spells: (Any DC fan got idea?) - Magic of the Runes (Maybe RKT?)
Greatest magical armor: WW's bracelets > Destroyer's Armor (Is it on par? I don't know...)
Greatest pantheon of magical entities: Lords of Chaos/Order - Skyfathers (Vishanti or Great Beasts greater?)
Greatest sorcerer (non-Abstract): Dr. Fate (Does Phantom Stranger count as abstract-type? I think so.) < Dr. Strange

I'm interested in seeing your opinions on the list. Are there better examples for each comparison? Are there other interesting comparisons to be made?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
**** no he wouldn't. durlaugh if an amped cap marvel could do it without even destroying a city im sure dormammu could beat the spectre.

Galan007
And aren't there some people who claim the GL rings are magic? confused No they aren't.

More then once on panel I've seen the energy of the CB, , described as "cosmic energy".

quanchi112
DC's 2nd highest entity is magic, so...... stick out tongue

And aren't there some people who claim the GL rings are magic? confused wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.