Batman and Lex Luthor versus Reed Richards and Doctor Doom in a Battle of Intellgence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Which team would outsmart the other?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by masterbruce
Which team would outsmart the other?

This is very hard here. Four of the greatest minds.

SumOfAllFear
i would say batman<reed and lex<doom so reed and doom for the win

Soljer
Pre or Post Crisis?

Pre crisis Luthor could take the other three simultaneously.

Post Crisis, however, means it's a win for the marvel duo.

gogogadgetgo
reed and doom are on a different level of intelect than lex and batman. their like some kinda super genius level or something while batman and lex i would put on a inventor level imo.

reed and doom > batman and lex

masterbruce
Reed is booksmart...whereas Batman and Lex are tactical geniuses.

I would say Doom and Reed are more scientifically gifted than Batman and Lex, but Lex and Batman trump the marvel duo in other aspects of intelligence.

Soljer
I think T'Challa and Stark would be better matches for Wayne and Luthor in a battle of intelligence.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
I think T'Challa and Stark would be better matches for Wayne and Luthor in a battle of intelligence.

I see Lex Luthor as smarter than Doom. He gets himself elected president of America and also learns of the antilife equation (at least in the cartoon).

Batman seems to be a quicker on the feet thinker than Reed, he obviously can't outbuild Reed but I could see Batman playing Reed's mind like a 5yr old.

Superherovandal
Well if you are including cartoon Lex...he was uber book smart too. He built a warp-capable stellar ship in Grodd's base within days. He was smart enough to built a power nullifier for the Justice League's powers that was instrumental in beating the Justice Lords as it sapped away all their powers. He hacked into the JLU watchtower tookover the failsafes and fired the nuclear beam...remotely and caused them big trouble...He alone with his intelligence could give the JLU a very hard time. He outsmarted Grodd which in itself is no small task...He has failsafes for Dr. Polaris in his belt. and an amulet that protected him against magic. He found a way to mind control the JLU's women using their comlinks...EtcHe's more how comic Lex should be portrayed...He's pure badass. In fact they're all extremely booksmart...Batman's just not as good as Reed, Lex, and Doom.

quanchi112
dr doom and reed richards for the win.

Priest
Doom solos these scrubs

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Doom solos these scrubs doom is a badass. i never liked luthor as a charcter. hes a genius and has done a many great things but to me he's boring as hell.

Bouboumaster
Doom, Richard, Banner, Stark and Pym are on a different lvl that Batman and Luthor.

Luthor is a genius, but he's not that intelligent. But is as tricky as Doc Doom. Same thing for Batman.

Superherovandal
Luthor is definitely smarter than Banner, Stark, and Pym... He created a synthetic gene to give anyone superpowers... He gave himself Superman's powers using this...He manipulated Kryptonian tech that's supposed to only work for Kryptonians...Luthor figured out where Alex Luthor was...He helped create Superboy, had a failsafe installed in Kon-el that would allow him to control Kon, and Batman is around Stark's level...He did create the slideways tech for the JLA...etc...made nanobots that transmuted MM's body into trace particles of magnesium, made a bullet that would cause lightspeed epilepsy in Flash, and VR chip powerful enough to make WW think she was facing her exact equal, and create his own form of kryptonite that wasn't truly lethal etc.

CaptainStoic
Forge beats them all... but back on topic, Reed and Doom FTW.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Forge beats them all... but back on topic, Reed and Doom FTW. reed and doom are to much indeed for these two. doom could defeat batman and luthor at once with little to no trouble.

Bouboumaster
Banner is a biologist genius who accidentely created one of the most powerful earth based being. He created Hulk, who can Squash and go around with some off the top tier, and in some case, beat them.

Stark created a nano-virus who makes him control neary all informatical and A.I. system. Batman and Luthor are dead as fried chicken reight here.

Pym... Do I have to elaborate?

I don't want to pissed off anyone: Batman and Luthor are genius. But "I" view them using their intelligence in some other ways, like making plans, etc. I quoted 5 genius who are science men. And Richard and Doom are the top of them.
In fact, I only see Thanos and some being in the range of Galactus to outsmart them.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Banner is a biologist genius who accidentely created one of the most powerful earth based being. He created Hulk, who can Squash and go around with some off the top tier, and in some case, beat them.

Stark created a nano-virus who makes him control neary all informatical and A.I. system. Batman and Luthor are dead as fried chicken reight here.

Pym... Do I have to elaborate?

I don't want to pissed off anyone: Batman and Luthor are genius. But "I" view them using their intelligence in some other ways, like making plans, etc. I quoted 5 genius who are science men. And Richard and Doom are the top of them.
In fact, I only see Thanos and some being in the range of Galactus to outsmart them. Stark didn't create the Extremis virus...he just altered it...and Banner created the Hulk by accident...that doesn't really show his intelligence...Luthor created a Superman on purpose with his artificial metahuman gene...he's created weapons easily capable of defeating Supes...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by masterbruce
Reed is booksmart...whereas Batman and Lex are tactical geniuses.

I would say Doom and Reed are more scientifically gifted than Batman and Lex, but Lex and Batman trump the marvel duo in other aspects of intelligence.

I agree with what you're saying.

janus77
I'd sooo like to say Batman (and whoever) but, I think I've read enough Batman to note how they tone him down and keep his intellect within bounds... not the crazy Amadeus Cho type on the fly flight-trajectory physics...

Batman's generally written as a Sherlock Holmes type of character, and that's how I like to read him. as such he's not really on a par with either Reed or Doom, both being just a hair's breadth away from superhuman just purely in terms of their geniuses (genii?).

so, this has to go to Doom and long dong.

janus77
btw, and ever-so-slightly ironically, you've misspelt "Intelligence" laughing out loud

masterbruce
Originally posted by janus77
btw, and ever-so-slightly ironically, you've misspelt "Intelligence" laughing out loud

good catch eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.