quantim bands vs greenlantern ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gogogadgetgo
this has probably been done before but i did a search and nothing came out so...here we go

quantum bands VS green lantern ring

which wepons is the more powerful in the hands of a top lantern like hal?
way i see it, the two works almost the same. so, in the hands of just one person, would hal be more powerful with the quantum bands or with the green lantern ring. here, i really cant tell...

also, which has the more powerful power source? i'm more to inclined to believe that the green lantern ring's power source is more powerful since it powers more than just one ring, while the quantum band is just well...one stick out tongue

grey fox
The ring on both counts.

With all the power of the battery unleashed you become god-like , and a single ring user can freeze time.

I'd like to see a QB user do either...

CaptainStoic
Is yellow still a weakness for the ring?

Skeets
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Only for inexperienced Lanterns.

llagrok
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

It used to be REALLY hard to overcome it, but now it's basically something most lanterns overcome after a weeks worth of training :/

basilisk
Originally posted by grey fox
The ring on both counts.

With all the power of the battery unleashed you become god-like , and a single ring user can freeze time.

I'd like to see a QB user do either...

It's quite possible that if one being had full access to the power of the entire quantumverse he might also become god-like...

But yes I can always remember the ring doing all sorts of things other than just energy constructions, like matter transmutation, evolving/devolving living beings, AI, etc, making it more versatile. The time freeze is a good example.

quanchi112
quantum bands for the win

llagrok
Based on what Quanchi?

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Based on what Quanchi? i just feel that one user accomplishes more with these than 90 percent of green lantern ring users. look what maelstrom did with the quantum bands as well.

llagrok
What they accomplish with it, depends on the user of the bands/rings. The rings have higher feats and are more powerful, simple as that.

Priest
Keeper?

OneDumbG0
Something that most people don't remember about the Quantum Bands is that the constructs which are created don't fade away when the user loses concentration or gets knocked out. I see that as a distinct advantage. The Quantum Bands also never run out of power. The Quantum Bands don't have any lethal force restrictions on them. The Quantum Bands also do not have any weaknesses (which may not matter to someone like Hal, but he still has to fight fear and overcome it, just look at 'Sinestro Corps War').

But I don't remember seeing Quasar ever drawing from an infinite energy source directly linked to the Quantum Bands. In the past, when he is outclassed by someone like the Surfer, he's had to steal energy from him to keep up.

So at their utmost potential, Hal could absolutely cheat and steal the Power of the Guardians. But on any average day, I do believe the Quantum Bands are better. BTW, what did Maelstrom do with the Quantum Bands? Does anybody know or have scans? Their potency definitely relies on how strong the user is.

quanchi112
What they accomplish with it, depends on the user of the bands/rings. The rings have higher feats and are more powerful, simple as that. the high number of the green lantern corps makes me think less of the rings. also pitting quasar against hal jordan i see no real advantage for hal anyways.

llagrok
'nuff said about you.

starlock
Quantum bands

No weakness
No recharging
No restrictions on killing

Constructs stay forever-untill destroyed
Quantum jumping-instead of transluminal travel-which the lanterns do

Just off the top of my head, with these differences,there is no need for feat comparisons.. imo

llagrok
Originally posted by starlock
Quantum bands

No weakness
No recharging
No restrictions on killing

Constructs stay forever-untill destroyed
Quantum jumping-instead of transluminal travel-which the lanterns do

Just off the top of my head, with these differences,there is no need for feat comparisons.. imo

Kyle held off the big bang, Quasar couldn't even hold off Annihilus :/

starlock
Kyle held off the big bang, Quasar couldn't even hold off Annihilus :/

I did not see Kyle vs Quasar?

Quasar absorbed ego, held off galactus blast etc.....quantum bands vs GL ring...thats what i see and responded to, feats are for the users, but the equipment? i will take the quantum bands any day anytime over a GL ring

llagrok
I did not see Kyle vs Quasar?

Quasar absorbed ego, held off galactus blast etc.....quantum bands vs GL ring...thats what i see and responded to, feats are for the users, but the equipment? i will take the quantum bands any day anytime over a GL ring

If we don't add feats, then it's just based on speculation. We need to know the upper limits of the rings/bands, otherwise this thread is just pointless.

Priest
Kyle held off the big bang,
PIS?

starlock
If we don't add feats, then it's just based on speculation. We need to know the upper limits of the rings/bands, otherwise this thread is just pointless.

I know enough of them both to add my view

Without a hesitation..i take the quantum bands

Easy debate if you ask me, if i was not a fair and respectable debator i would say anybody who picks a GL ring is just a fanboy...but i would never do that smile

OneDumbG0
Kyle held off the big bang, Quasar couldn't even hold off Annihilus :/ Annihilus eats any kind of energy with his Cosmic Rod. He'd probably do the same to any Green Lantern.

And out of curiousity, what's the issue# and context of this feat? I didn't read the story:

llagrok
The Quantum bands obviously have a will of their own. I'd rather KNOW that my weapon has its limitations than having it abandon me when I need it the most.

I think you need to check the OP as well Starlock. This thread isn't "which one do you want" it's "which one is more powerful in the hands of an experienced GL/Qband wielder" From what we've seen, the experienced ring users have done far better than the experienced QB users. There's no point in mentioning the rings' weakness to yellow, because experienced GLs have already overcome it.

OneDumbG0
The Quantum bands obviously have a will of their own :/

I'd rather KNOW that my weapon has its limitations than having it abandon me when I need it the most. They really only abandoned Annihilus because he was evil and Phyla-Vell offered teh Quantum Bands a choice. Besides, the Green Lantern rings shut off when lethal force is used and abandon them to death. Just ask this poor Green Lantern:

llagrok
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
They really only abandoned Annihilus because he was evil and Phyla-Vell offered teh Quantum Bands a choice. Besides, the Green Lantern rings shut off when lethal force is used and abandon them to death. Just ask this poor Green Lantern:

She lived didn't she? And I didn't see the ring shutting down when Hal plowed through the corps smile

Either way that's not really relevant, you don't need to try and kill someone in order to bring out maximum power. There are plenty other ways to use the ring. This isn't a "who can kill the most?" but rather, who has the most power.

starlock
The Quantum bands obviously have a will of their own :/

I'd rather KNOW that my weapon has its limitations than having it abandon me when I need it the most.

Obviously? like the sinestro corps messing with the battery and leaving the corps without a recharge? i have never seen any one mess with the quantum zone

Quantum bands can BFR people...why bother? i think everyone is going by the new quasar...which i could care less about...i will take the 20 years of wendal/quasar continuity anyway

llagrok
Obviously? like the sinestro corps messing with the battery and leaving the corps without a recharge? i have never seen any one mess with the quantum zone

Quantum bands can BFR people...why bother? i think everyone is going by the new quasar...which i could care less about...i will take the 20 years of wendal/quasar continuity anyway

Phyla's use of the bands can be compared to low level telekinesis. She's easily one of the worst Qbands users we have ever seen. Based on what feats would you say that the Bands have more power than the GL ring? I'm not asking which one you would rather have.

starlock
The Quantum bands obviously have a will of their own. I'd rather KNOW that my weapon has its limitations than having it abandon me when I need it the most.

I think you need to check the OP as well Starlock. This thread isn't "which one do you want" it's "which one is more powerful in the hands of an experienced GL/Qband wielder" From what we've seen, the experienced ring users have done far better than the experienced QB users. There's no point in mentioning the rings' weakness to yellow, because experienced GLs have already overcome it.

Oh really what happened to jack chance?,,,, so when one day i slip because my mom died (kyle) or i had a bad past i can get killed? hal let parallax into himself when he was a veteran..and caused death and hurt his friends...i dont want to have that happen

yes i read the opening post

OneDumbG0
She lived didn't she? And I didn't see the ring shutting down when Hal plowed through the corps smile

Either way that's not really relevant, you don't need to try and kill someone in order to bring out maximum power. There are plenty other ways to use the ring. This isn't a "who can kill the most?" but rather, who has the most power. She woulda been smoked by the Sinestro Corps but she was saved. Either way, you're right, it's not truly relevant since people have been defeated without lethal force being used. So going back to my last question, what's the context behind the previously posted image of Kyle holding off a universe ending blast?

I ddin't read it and the brief description from the respect page I found it from doesn't really give it justice. Basically, I see Apokolips in the background and I'm guessing the Omega Effect is being shot at the blast and Superman is rushing straight at it. And what are all those warships doing? So is Kyle really doing this all on his own? Any scans of prior panels or pages would be great. I've been accused of overstating feats and I've seen plenty of people overstate feats by providing panels without context, so any help would be appreciated.

llagrok
Oh really what happened to jack chance?,,,, so when one day i slip because my mom died (kyle) or i had a bad past i can get killed? hal let parallax into himself when he was a veteran..and caused death and hurt his friends...i dont want to have that happen

yes i read the opening post

Someone's doing an awful lot of question dodging.

starlock
Someone's doing an awful lot of question dodging.

Quantum zone=infinity i find it a greater power source
Quantum bands are more powerfull

Why would i want to travel thru space rather than quantum jump?
why would i want constructs to disapear?
why would i want to never let my guard down and feel fear?
why would i want a time table to recharge my ring?

Quantum bands are more powerfull

I have seen them hold off galactus, absorb ego the living planet,hold off alot of heroes and villans in many instances.the keeper stopped time.i saw quasar hold off surfer and would have won if he did not have to loose to save the multiverse.. I know the feats of them both i am 36 and i am a green lantern fanboy...but i am going to say feats are close so i will now consider the weaknesses and strengths of each

I also know when feats are pis and cis and when svfl is used

Sorry if i dont see your questions worth answering

Symmetric Chaos
Why would i want to travel thru space rather than quantum jump?

See the sights, more accurate, context, possibility of adventure.

why would i want constructs to disapear?

Why would you want to leave constructs lying around?

Besides GL can make long lasting constructs that don't even require them to be present.

why would i want to never let my guard down and feel fear?

Because fear sucks when your in a fight.

why would i want a time table to recharge my ring?

Avoid getting a god complex. Helps you to remember that despite your power you're still part of something bigger.

xjustice69x
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
See the sights, more accurate, context, possibility of adventure.

Why would you want to leave constructs lying around?

Besides GL can make long lasting constructs that don't even require them to be present.

Because fear sucks when your in a fight.

Avoid getting a god complex. Helps you to remember that despite your power you're still part of something bigger.

lol those are very flimsy ansers when it comes to determining which is more powerfull.
sound like some philosofical mumbojumbo.

and your last anser seals it up for the Qbands. if you can get a god complex from the qbands and would not from the GLring you are admmiting the Qbands are more powerfull

Rorschach
Besides, the Green Lantern rings shut off when lethal force is used and abandon them to death. Just ask this poor Green Lantern:

Enough willpower can override that failsafe. Parallax Hal killed with a GL ring.

And Kyle had some of the Ion power when he contained that Big Bang.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xjustice69x
lol those are very flimsy ansers when it comes to determining which is more powerfull.

and your last anser seals it up for the Qbands. if you can get a god complex from the qbands and would not from the GLring you are admmiting the Qbands are more powerfull thumb up

Sandai Kitetsu
Besides, the Green Lantern rings shut off when lethal force is used and abandon them to death. Just ask this poor Green Lantern:

They have to have someway of keeping lanterns in check, since they are so uber. First it was wood and the color yellow, now it's this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
They have to have someway of keeping lanterns in check, since they are so uber. First it was wood and the color yellow, now it's this. the rings are overrated. look at what sbp did to them. when a threat comes into town they usually walk all over multiple green lantern members at once.

llagrok
Once again Quanchi, you prove that you're a retard.

This thread isn't random cannon fodder GL against Superboy Prime. It's a discussion about which is more powerful. I could've brought up the fact that Phyla was about to be killed by random space pirates, but did I? No, because low feats like that don't really belong in here. We're discussing which is more powerful in the hands of an EXPERIENCED user.

TricksterPriest
The ring is plainly more powerful. The GL's upper feats are beyond the Q-bands ability to copy. And full potential? Well, we know what happens when you do that with the rings. You get Hal Parallax or Ion. I have yet to see one thing from the Q-bands that comes even close to that.

Straight fight between, lets say Wendell and Hal. Really good match. The problem with the Q-bands, and why they are regarded as weaker, is because they have weaknesses. There are certain energies and powers that they don't work on. Kinetic, magic, extra-dimensional, psionics, and matter manip. Although he could stop say, Sersi, from using her powers to matter manip by stopping the flow of energy, he could not stop her matter manipulation directly or reverse it.

2nd, his constructs require him to concentrate and focus on how strong he wants them. He can't boost them on the fly the way GLs can. Plus, he's never done the insane kind of constructs that GLs do. He couldn't create the entire JLA big 7 to fight for him, which is something we saw Kyle and Hal do.

Though the two are comparable, the ring wins out for sheer power and versatility. That being said, Wendell could take a few from a good GL. Phyla gets smoked. stick out tongue

Faceman
http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_the_scenes/everything_quantum-bands.html

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Faceman
http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_the_scenes/everything_quantum-bands.html

Quasar has his own f*ckin fancy website? whatdur

quanchi112

This thread isn't random cannon fodder GL against Superboy Prime. It's a discussion about which is more powerful. I could've brought up the fact that Phyla was about to be killed by random space pirates, but did I? No, because low feats like that don't really belong in here. We're discussing which is more powerful in the hands of an EXPERIENCED user. reported. cease with the insults at once. phyla isnt an expereinced user and there werent 30 other quantum band users around getting smoked while with the green lantersn they were getting oneshotted. i stil say the quantum bands are more powerful than ur typical gl ring.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by quanchi112
the rings are overrated. look at what sbp did to them. when a threat comes into town they usually walk all over multiple green lantern members at once.

and if U think that wouldnt happen to a QBer, or even MULTIPLE QBrs.....yur clearly smoking something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tazer

llagrok
This isn't about the Qbands being stronger than the ring in a random GL. And being one-shotted by DD or SBP is far better than almost being killed by non-powered space pirates.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

and if U think that wouldnt happen to a QBer, or even MULTIPLE QBrs.....yur clearly smoking something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tazer i never said it wouldnt happen to multiple quantum banders, but ill tell u 30 of them wouldnt have gone down. i mean superbo lasted longer than 30 punks with these awesome gl rings. roll eyes (sarcastic)
like i said before,
lots of weenies running around with gl rings.

Tazer
Yo.

Something that most people don't remember about the Quantum Bands is that the constructs which are created don't fade away when the user loses concentration or gets knocked out. I see that as a distinct advantage.

not if its already formed, but if the QB-user is in the midst of generating one, then they can fail.

The Quantum Bands also never run out of power.

not on avg, no. they can be cut off from their power source however in atleast 2 diff ways however......

The Quantum Bands don't have any lethal force restrictions on them.

this much is true, but by the same token they can be used against U even if yur "chosen" to be a QB'er, and theres a slight issue to be dealth with on this very topic (check #3 below)

The Quantum Bands also do not have any weaknesses (which may not matter to someone like Hal, but he still has to fight fear and overcome it, just look at 'Sinestro Corps War').

1) U cant take them off (which can be argued either way really)

2) if yur knocked out, U can still have yur forearms removed, and THEN yur ****ed since theres not too many auto-protect measures to cover yur @$$

3) if U dont use the QBs right, U FRY ; this is a built in feature of the QBs from almost Day 1 that most ppl dont know about, and yur odds of using them right arent high at all, ESPECIALLY if U have a killer instinct.

But I don't remember seeing Quasar ever drawing from an infinite energy source directly linked to the Quantum Bands. In the past, when he is outclassed by someone like the Surfer, he's had to steal energy from him to keep up.

the QBs draw energy from Infinity herself, so yea thats an infinite source.

So at their utmost potential, Hal could absolutely cheat and steal the Power of the Guardians. But on any average day, I do believe the Quantum Bands are better.

thats fair. incorrect, but fair. big grin

BTW, what did Maelstrom do with the Quantum Bands? Does anybody know or have scans? Their potency definitely relies on how strong the user is.

most of the feats Mael did w/the QBs were done while he ALSO had the Anomaly abilities plus Cosmic Awareness, as well as his own innate Kinetic Energy Control.

Mael was *far* from a good showing of a QB-user, seeing as it took all of that to let him do wat he wanted.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

i never said it wouldnt happen to multiple quantum banders, but ill tell u 30 of them wouldnt have gone down. i mean superbo lasted longer than 30 punks with these awesome gl rings. roll eyes (sarcastic)
like i said before,
lots of weenies running around with gl rings.

we've seen Elvis take down 4 of them, and they were all more skilled than him.

if it were 30, and THEY fought SBP.......theyd lose as well, especially since IIRC he's powerd by a suit using a-m and the QBs cant do jack all to that stuff.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

reported. cease with the insults at once. phyla isnt an expereinced user and there werent 30 other quantum band users around getting smoked while with the green lantersn they were getting oneshotted. i stil say the quantum bands are more powerful than ur typical gl ring.

which only goes to show how little U actually know......

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

we've seen Elvis take down 4 of them, and they were all more skilled than him.

if it were 30, and THEY fought SBP.......theyd lose as well, especially since IIRC he's powerd by a suit using a-m and the QBs cant do jack all to that stuff.

Tazer sorry i dont believe that quasar and29 of his qbanders would lose to sbp. sbp is a powerhouse but it took him a bit of work to kill superboy. while it took him no time to kill 30 plus green lanterns. like i always have said they are cannon fodder. thats it. except for a few.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Rorschach
And Kyle had some of the Ion power when he contained that Big Bang.

theres no way to quantify how much of the Para/Ob energies he was tapping into then, so its moot to speculate.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

sorry i dont believe that quasar and29 of his qbanders would lose to sbp. sbp is a powerhouse but it took him a bit of work to kill superboy. while it took him no time to kill 30 plus green lanterns. like i always have said they are cannon fodder. thats it. except for a few.

if Elvis can beat 4 of them that were better than himself, then SBP can slay 30.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

They really only abandoned Annihilus because he was evil and Phyla-Vell offered teh Quantum Bands a choice. Besides, the Green Lantern rings shut off when lethal force is used and abandon them to death. Just ask this poor Green Lantern:

if U fail the Rings, they ca cut off; if U fail the QBs.....U get immolated.

I'll take a GL-Ring anyday thenk kew very much.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

if Elvis can beat 4 of them that were better than himself, then SBP can slay 30.

Tazer speculation.

pr1983

This thread isn't random cannon fodder GL against Superboy Prime. It's a discussion about which is more powerful. I could've brought up the fact that Phyla was about to be killed by random space pirates, but did I? No, because low feats like that don't really belong in here. We're discussing which is more powerful in the hands of an EXPERIENCED user.

ill, please, name calling, no more...

Validus
Quanchi once again proves how edumacated he is.

Is that cool?

Tazer
Yo.

speculation.

so is the notion that a GL-Ring is weaker than the QBs cuz SBP slew 30 GLs.

Tazer

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus

Is that cool?

doh

Validus
I take that as a yes.

quanchi112
Yo.

so is the notion that a GL-Ring is weaker than the QBs cuz SBP slew 30 GLs.

Tazer no im using that as an example of how gl rings in general arent that uber. id still take quasar over any glers except maybe hal. and there you have a tossup. there was that whole yellow weakness and all and i feel that one who is more expereinced with the quantum bands can be more of a threat than one with a gl ring.

Evil_Ash

Is that cool?

Educated?

quanchi112

Is that cool? sticks and stones may break my bones but insults will only get u banned. please show ur maturity level and dont stoop down to the level of insults. it isnt wanted here. prove ur points.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The ring is plainly more powerful. The GL's upper feats are beyond the Q-bands ability to copy. And full potential? Well, we know what happens when you do that with the rings. You get Hal Parallax or Ion. I have yet to see one thing from the Q-bands that comes even close to that.

Straight fight between, lets say Wendell and Hal. Really good match. The problem with the Q-bands, and why they are regarded as weaker, is because they have weaknesses. There are certain energies and powers that they don't work on. Kinetic, magic, extra-dimensional, psionics, and matter manip. Although he could stop say, Sersi, from using her powers to matter manip by stopping the flow of energy, he could not stop her matter manipulation directly or reverse it.

2nd, his constructs require him to concentrate and focus on how strong he wants them. He can't boost them on the fly the way GLs can. Plus, he's never done the insane kind of constructs that GLs do. He couldn't create the entire JLA big 7 to fight for him, which is something we saw Kyle and Hal do.

Though the two are comparable, the ring wins out for sheer power and versatility. That being said, Wendell could take a few from a good GL. Phyla gets smoked. stick out tongue Full potential with a Green Lantern ring does not approach Parallax or Ion. That's an attenuation. When Hal absorbed the Central Battery in 'Emerald Twilight,' he didn't even use a Green Lantern ring. He took his off before stepping in and just claimed it with his person. Ion as we now see, is either Kyle imbued with the entire Power of the Guardians or the host of the cosmic entity Ion. And as far as I've read, Hal has never approached these levels of power with just his own Green Lantern ring. This thread isn't the 'Central Power Battery vs. the Quantum Bands.' It's the 'Green Lantern ring vs the Quantum Bands' in the hands of Hal.
Enough willpower can override that failsafe. Parallax Hal killed with a GL ring.

And Kyle had some of the Ion power when he contained that Big Bang. And now that someone cleared this up for me and apparently the whole 'Kyle stopping the big bang feat' was all hyperbole and garbage, someone needs to bring up a new high end feat with just the Green Lantern ring itself.
Yo.

if U fail the Rings, they ca cut off; if U fail the QBs.....U get immolated.

I'll take a GL-Ring anyday thenk kew very much.

Tazer That's your choice because apparently you're evil and/or you wouldn't be good enough to use the Quantum Bands. This thread is about Hal, who I personally think would be good at using the Quantum Bands and wouldn't get blown up by them.

Tazer
Yo.

Full potential with a Green Lantern ring does not approach Parallax or Ion. That's an attenuation. When Hal absorbed the Central Battery in 'Emerald Twilight,' he didn't even use a Green Lantern ring. He took his off before stepping in and just claimed it with his person. Ion as we now see, is either Kyle imbued with the entire Power of the Guardians or the host of the cosmic entity Ion. And as far as I've read, Hal has never approached these levels of power with just his own Green Lantern ring. This thread isn't the 'Central Power Battery vs. the Quantum Bands.' It's the 'Green Lantern ring vs the Quantum Bands' in the hands of Hal.
And now that someone cleared this up for me and apparently the whole 'Kyle stopping the big bang feat' was all hyperbole and garbage, someone needs to bring up a new high end feat with just the Green Lantern ring itself.

John Stewart became almost (not quite, but almost) like an Oan by swallowing his Ring.

and wats the best we seen from a QB'er using simply them??

also, how can U call Kyle performing that feat "hyperbole"???

That's your choice because apparently you're evil and/or you wouldn't be good enough to use the Quantum Bands. This thread is about Hal, who I personally think would be good at using the Quantum Bands and wouldn't get blown up by them.

U dont have to be evil to get immolated by them, as we found out in the ish when Elvis put them on, and if evil were a determining factor then explain how Annihilus & Maelstrom were able to do so???

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

no im using that as an example of how gl rings in general arent that uber. id still take quasar over any glers except maybe hal. and there you have a tossup. there was that whole yellow weakness and all and i feel that one who is more expereinced with the quantum bands can be more of a threat than one with a gl ring.

if a GL suffering the YW can beat Sinestro, then I dont see how Elvis would be any bit of a prob.

Tazer

OneDumbG0
Yo.

John Stewart became almost (not quite, but almost) like an Oan by swallowing his Ring.

and wats the best we seen from a QB'er using simply them??

also, how can U call Kyle performing that feat "hyperbole"??? Because people act like he used his Green Lantern ring alone to contain a big bang, when what actually occurred is a combined assault of the OE, Superman and Ion energies to combat the threat. 'Hyperbole,' was putting it nicely.
U dont have to be evil to get immolated by them, as we found out in the ish when Elvis put them on, and if evil were a determining factor then explain how Annihilus & Maelstrom were able to do so???

Tazer Evil is a determining factor when the Quantum Bands have a choice between two bearers. It is clearly stated in 'Annihilation' by Phylla-Vell. Why is this even an issue?

Rorschach
Because people act like he used his Green Lantern ring alone to contain a big bang, when what actually occurred is a combined assault of the OE, Superman and Ion energies to combat the threat. 'Hyperbole,' was putting it nicely.

You got it kind of mixed up.

The OE and Superman merged with Strange Visitor/Kismet cracked the armor, but Kyle was the only containing the Big Bang though he was using his GL ring + some of the Ion power.

OneDumbG0
You got it kind of mixed up.

The OE and Superman merged with Strange Visitor/Kismet cracked the armor, but Kyle was the only containing the Big Bang though he was using his GL ring + some of the Ion power. Thanks for the clarification. I'll take your word for it since you, and only you, went out of your way to explain what was going on in the scan. Nonetheless, the 'Green Lantern ring containing a big bang feat' has pretty much lost all credibility for me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'd have to say the GL rings

Tazer
Yo.

Because people act like he used his Green Lantern ring alone to contain a big bang, when what actually occurred is a combined assault of the OE, Superman and Ion energies to combat the threat. 'Hyperbole,' was putting it nicely.

I see this was addressed already so I'll leave it alone, altho I see U not really wanting to admit its viability

Evil is a determining factor when the Quantum Bands have a choice between two bearers. It is clearly stated in 'Annihilation' by Phylla-Vell. Why is this even an issue?

quote from Phyla: "The Quantum Bands may not sentient, but they know evil when it touches them."

so apparently, even if yur *evil* theyll still work for ya (like Maelstrom & Annihilus) until theyre given a choiceas long as U dont immolate yurself (i.e. - pass the test); and man am I glad those GL-Rings can still be commanded to not work even if off yur finger.

GL-Rings FTW.

Tazer

guy222
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'd have to say the GL rings

yes

Faceman
If they'd ask me who would I'd rather be , Hal or Quasar, I would say Hal. Going with the ring.

Symmetric Chaos

I didn't notice.

My shtick.

and your last anser seals it up for the Qbands. if you can get a god complex from the qbands and would not from the GLring you are admmiting the Qbands are more powerfull

The GL rings have the lantern thing built in so that even though the user may become godlike they're forced to have some humility. That answer just demonstates that more thought was put into the power rings than the Bands.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The problem with the Q-bands, and why they are regarded as weaker, is because they have weaknesses. There are certain energies and powers that they don't work on. Kinetic, magic, extra-dimensional, psionics, and matter manip.
This sounds like a pretty big weakness to me. If I want powers I want them to be rigged.

Sadly, with the way I am, I don't think I could use either device without it backfiring on me.

Tazer
Yo.

and hell, atleast w/a GL-Ring U can grow yur arms back if the get cut off......... laughing

Tazer

llagrok
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This sounds like a pretty big weakness to me. If I want powers I want them to be rigged.

Sadly, with the way I am, I don't think I could use either device without it backfiring on me.

OP.

gogogadgetgo
Full potential with a Green Lantern ring does not approach Parallax or Ion. That's an attenuation. When Hal absorbed the Central Battery in 'Emerald Twilight,' he didn't even use a Green Lantern ring. He took his off before stepping in and just claimed it with his person. Ion as we now see, is either Kyle imbued with the entire Power of the Guardians or the host of the cosmic entity Ion. And as far as I've read, Hal has never approached these levels of power with just his own Green Lantern ring. This thread isn't the 'Central Power Battery vs. the Quantum Bands.' It's the 'Green Lantern ring vs the Quantum Bands' in the hands of Hal.
And now that someone cleared this up for me and apparently the whole 'Kyle stopping the big bang feat' was all hyperbole and garbage, someone needs to bring up a new high end feat with just the Green Lantern ring itself.
That's your choice because apparently you're evil and/or you wouldn't be good enough to use the Quantum Bands. This thread is about Hal, who I personally think would be good at using the Quantum Bands and wouldn't get blown up by them.

yup, thats about right. i also think that hal would be good at using the quantum bands. if he could do more with the qbands than with the glring, now thats he question. i think it would take less conentration to use the qbands than it does to use a glring. with hal's will power, he'd be pretty uber with the qbads imo

nvrbeenwthagirl
Something that most people don't remember about the Quantum Bands is that the constructs which are created don't fade away when the user loses concentration or gets knocked out. I see that as a distinct advantage. The Quantum Bands also never run out of power. The Quantum Bands don't have any lethal force restrictions on them. The Quantum Bands also do not have any weaknesses (which may not matter to someone like Hal, but he still has to fight fear and overcome it, just look at 'Sinestro Corps War').

So at their utmost potential, Hal could absolutely cheat and steal the Power of the Guardians. But on any average day, I do believe the Quantum Bands are better. BTW, what did Maelstrom do with the Quantum Bands? Does anybody know or have scans? Their potency definitely relies on how strong the user is.

I remember Kyle giving a guy his legs back perma. I also remember him making a rose or something perma for one of his girlfreinds. correct me tho, I could be wrong. The Quantum bands cannot manipulate Time, genetics, ect. GL ring for the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.