galactus vs dc round 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
galactus takes on gog(kingdom),superboy prime,asmodel,black adam,shazam!!!!!!!

fight takes place on the rock of eternity. galactus is well fed.

llagrok
Count to 10 for me.

quanchi112
dc wins this battle in my opinion. gog is uber powerful and with all the help he has they could definitely defeat galactus in this situation.

Estacado
Galactus>>>Thanos>>>Dc team

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Estacado
Galactus>>>Thanos>>>Dc team

Explain to me how Thanos is greater than the DC team?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Galactus>>>Thanos>>>Dc team why did u put thanos in ur greater than example. its really not needed as he sint invlved in this thread. galactus goes down here. for one they are on the rock of ternity where shazam blasted the shit out of spectre. for two gog would do serious damage to big g. with all his backup galactus gets killed.

Stupid Rookie
I have no idea who wins this, but Thanos is definitely not greater than the team.

Gog was powered by the Quintessence was he not, basically making him a beast, maybe elder god level?? This alone is greater than Thanos. He could be even stronger. But lets just say for Arguments sake he is Sky-Father level.

superboy prime is a beast, whose feats are pretty impressive, taking down much of the GLA and tons of other heroes.

asmodel, depend on which form, but also a beast.

And Shazam of course is a Skyfather.

black adam is also very strong

Tell me how a team with several skyfathers is going to lose to Thanos.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by quanchi112
why did u put thanos in ur greater than example. its really not needed as he sint invlved in this thread. galactus goes down here. for one they are on the rock of ternity where shazam blasted the shit out of spectre. for two gog would do serious damage to big g. with all his backup galactus gets killed.

Q, where would you place GOG in say a marvel hierarchy? Eldergod, SkyFather, full fledged Cosmic?

quanchi112
above skyfather and below galactus. somewhere in there. he was a beast. he could take odin from marvel in my mind for sure.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
DC Team ftw.

Bouboumaster
Galactus Win.

Teh Big G is some leagues above Skyfather lvl.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus Win.

Teh Big G is some leagues above Skyfather lvl. it doesnt matter how far above skyfather he is. gog is above skyfather as well and while he isnt as powerful as galactus with the help he is the could definitely take him down. asmodel is no joke and sbp could do serious damage as well. team for the win.

Symmetric Chaos
gog is above skyfather as well

You must have a pretty low opinion of Skyfathers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You must have a pretty low opinion of Skyfathers. u must have a pretty low opinion of gog from the kingdom.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus Win.

Teh Big G is some leagues above Skyfather lvl.

/agreed

I dont think we saw Gog fight any1 who was a skyfather -lvl person, so I dont see where he rates THAT high.

and even w/Asmodel on the team, Id say this depends on where & when G fights him; Asmodel certainly isnt on the lvl of Luc or Mike thats for damnd sure.

Tazer

Erik-Lensherr
DC

Utrigita

The only real challenge I see here is Shazam the other is from what I know and based on there current powerset not going to harm Galactus.

janus77
Galactus.
all get wiped from existence.

Symmetric Chaos
u must have a pretty low opinion of gog from the kingdom.

I do.

He never showed any sort of Skyfather type power to my recollection.

Utrigita
I do.

He never showed any sort of Skyfather type power to my recollection.

You don't recall that either???

Martian_mind
Well...

Shazam is in the fight,the fight takes place at the Rock of eternity where Shazam is strongest.Galactus is weak to magic.

See where i'm going with this?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Well...

Shazam is in the fight,the fight takes place at the Rock of eternity where Shazam is strongest.Galactus is weak to magic.

See where i'm going with this?

Indeed I do hence my reason for telling that Shazam IMO is the only challenge for Well Fed Galactus but even though Galactus has a weakness to magic we have also seen him battle powerful magic marvel entities Mephisto and Agamotto (hungry in both fights) and IMO winning against Mephisto and Stalemate against Agamotto (none of them really tried but never the less), so its a little up and down with his magical weakness smile

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Utrigita

cool

Because he didn't...

Galactus FTW... In fact that group of DC'rs couldn't even take down a team of Gala's heralds, Let alone The BIG G himself.

Symmetric Chaos

. . .

Sundipped
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

Because he didn't...

Galactus FTW... In fact that group of DC'rs couldn't even take down a team of Gala's heralds, Let alone The BIG G himself.

That team would destroy any combination of Big G's heralds u create. However Big G wins since he is well fed. Anything less than 65-70% for big G and the team has a chance.

Juntai

In fact that group of DC'rs couldn't even take down a team of Gala's heralds, Let alone The BIG G himself. laughing

Skeets
Do people not see Asmodel there?

Utrigita
. . .

Obviously you didn't either . . .

Utrigita
Originally posted by Skeets

It's he currently "only" in his normal form confused I'm more worried about Shazam but thats probably just me

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sundipped
That team would destroy any combination of Big G's heralds u create. However Big G wins since he is well fed. Anything less than 65-70% for big G and the team has a chance.

I would say below 50-60 % and they got a chance and only a chance I still think Galactus would take the majority.

Sundipped
I would say below 50-60 % and they got a chance and only a chance I still think Galactus would take the majority.

My percentage was based on Asmodel being in angelic form.

Tazer
Yo.

the same Asmodel that got stalemated by Sparky Superman??

Tazer

quanchi112
cool

Because he didn't...

Galactus FTW... In fact that group of DC'rs couldn't even take down a team of Gala's heralds, Let alone The BIG G himself. the would literally rip apart all the hearlds at the same time. i feel gog could take down morg with wol even. this team vs galactus heralds excluding tyrant mind u woul dbe a curbstomp in this teams favor.

i wonder if u know who is asmodel is.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/JLA-ParadiseLost003-08.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Tazer they didnt stalemate. must i correct you again.

they wrestled to a stalemate and then the jla messed with the frequency that allowed asmodel to appear on earth. superman would have gotten trashed.

Galan007
Team ftw.

*Wonders if Gog could absorb Galactus' power, like he did with the heroes he fought?*

quanchi112
My percentage was based on Asmodel being in angelic form. yes this asmodel is in angellic form. no flesh suit for asy this time.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007
Team ftw.

*Wonders if Gog could absorb Galactus' power, like he did with the heroes he fought?*

I must admit Galan that I find that highly unlikely to happen erm

Utrigita
My percentage was based on Asmodel being in angelic form.

Okay mine was based on him being in his mortal form.

Galan007
I must admit Galan that I find that highly unlikely to happen erm I think Gog could absorb quite powerful attacks from Big G though.

Tazer
Yo.

they didnt stalemate. must i correct you again.

they wrestled to a stalemate and then the jla messed with the frequency that allowed asmodel to appear on earth. superman would have gotten trashed.

U just SAID they stalemated quanchi, and I dont recall Supes being the worse for wear afterward.

either show proof or plz stop smoking the ganja.

Tazer

Skeets
It's he currently "only" in his normal form confused I'm more worried about Shazam but thats probably just me
srug I thought this was in his Angel form...Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Tazer
It was just a good moment for Superman,nothing more....

Utrigita
srug I thought this was in his Angel form...

I stand corrected it is apparently his angel form.

Tazer
Yo.

fair enuff; Im not claiming he'd BEAT Asmodel or anything.......

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

U just SAID they stalemated quanchi, and I dont recall Supes being the worse for wear afterward.

either show proof or plz stop smoking the ganja.

Tazer it was a biref encounter. for one thing they wouldnt have sent asmodel away if they were confident that superman could have won. supes owuld have gotten stomped but just held him off long enough to send him away.

remember it wasnt just supes vs asmodel but the jla as well.

its fun correcting you.

Utrigita
I think Gog could absorb quite powerful attacks from Big G though.

(a scene with Hercules springs into mind, next a scene with Tyrant, next thought biosphere energy) Has he never taken blast of the magnitude that Galactus capable of firing??? (been a while since I last read the Kingdom Gog.)

Skeets
Yo.

fair enuff; Im not claiming he'd BEAT Asmodel or anything.......

Tazer
Well he didn't stalemate him either...

quanchi112
Well he didn't stalemate him either... thats what i have been trying to tell him.

laughing

i have recently discovered that tazer misinterprets a lot.

Tazer
Yo.

it was a biref encounter. for one thing they wouldnt have sent asmodel away if they were confident that superman could have won. supes owuld have gotten stomped but just held him off long enough to send him away.

remember it wasnt just supes vs asmodel but the jla as well.

its fun correcting you.

if he held him long enuff for the rest of the team to send him & the other angels away.....then he STALEMATED him.

did we Supes any worse for the wear afterward?? if he was drained/tired/weary, then Ud have a point but I dont believe that was the case.

if U have the scan, put it up.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

he held him in place, he stopped his forward advancement.

that = stalemated as far as I can see.

Tazer

Skeets
Yo.

Tazer
You can't see very far then...

Zing! 31

How many pages was that little tussle anyway 1,2?

Galan007
(a scene with Hercules springs into mind, next a scene with Tyrant, next thought biosphere energy) Has he never taken blast of the magnitude that Galactus capable of firing??? (been a while since I last read the Kingdom Gog.) This is what we saw Gog easily absorb:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_gog_absorb.jpg

srug

But even Galactus' power wouldn't stand up to the power of Gog's staff.

quanchi112
Yo.

Tazer he held him in place for what thirt seconds. so i guess in a fight where no one interferes we can assume stalemate becuz of this very brief encounter. ur proven wrong again. i dont have this comic downloaded so i cant scan it. i own the actual comic. listen to skeets and myself when we see it wasnt a fight. it was a test of strenght and they wrestled to a stalemate. supes in no means would have stalemted him hence the whole reason the jla was working their asses off to send him away. asmodel would own superman.

Utrigita
This is what we saw Gog easily absorb:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_gog_absorb.jpg

srug

But even Galactus' power wouldn't stand up to the power of Gog's staff.

I doesn't really seeing any of those blast being on the level of the Blast Galactus would use, and Galactus doesn't even need to fire a Blast as he said to Hercules

"with the merest Thought".
http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h3pu4.jpg

Blast fired from Galactus (hungry and probably just annoyed)
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormbreaker0115ok6.jpg

Ore just teleport him Away.
http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffgalactus5nx4.jpg

And I doesn't really see Gog taking any of not and not a lot of the others either.

Whats the story with the staff (as mentioned before, long time since I read it and tend to forget DC marvel interest me the most)

Tazer
Yo.

he held him in place for what thirt seconds. so i guess in a fight where no one interferes we can assume stalemate becuz of this very brief encounter. ur proven wrong again. i dont have this comic downloaded so i cant scan it. i own the actual comic. listen to skeets and myself when we see it wasnt a fight. it was a test of strenght and they wrestled to a stalemate. supes in no means would have stalemted him hence the whole reason the jla was working their asses off to send him away. asmodel would own superman.

yea, like he owned him when they wrestled (by yur own admission??

thanx for proving my point quanchi, its much abliged!!

laughing Happy Dance

Galan007
Whats the story with the staff (as mentioned before, long time since I read it and tend to forget DC marvel interest me the most) Gog's staff housed,

"The energy of the Guardians of the Universe"

"The power of the Source"

"And the combined magical might of Zues and Shazam":

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_gogs_staff.jpg

quanchi112
Yo.

yea, like he owned him when they wrestled (by yur own admission??

thanx for proving my point quanchi, its much abliged!!

laughing Happy Dance i didnt agree with u. i was being sarcastic. couldnt u tell. no way that asmodel would stalemate superman/ that fight was to brief. they didnt even fight they wrestled. supes owuld have gotten his ass kicked if asmodel would have remained.

quanchi112
Gog's staff housed,

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_gogs_staff.jpg this staff puts him above skyfather. bigtime. this staff is mighty uber.

Utrigita
Gog's staff housed,

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_gogs_staff.jpg

Okay totally forgot that damn staff, but most both the energy and the cosmic might can (according to the powerset of Galactus be absorbed) but not the magical might but as mentioned he has withstood powerful magical assault, but his vulnerability to magic is in a constant flux.

Galan007
Okay totally forgot that damn staff, but most both the energy and the cosmic might can (according to the powerset of Galactus be absorbed) but not the magical might but as mentioned he has withstood powerful magical assault, but his vulnerability to magic is in a constant flux. I doubt Galactus can absorb the energy of the Source, but that's just me. ermm

Utrigita
I doubt Galactus can absorb the energy of the Source, but that's just me. ermm

probably not laughing out loud

But the scan (whoch is what I'm using currently) says the cosmic power of the source, but again me and DC are the PC the same in DC as in marvel if so he can absorb it.

quanchi112
I doubt Galactus can absorb the energy of the Source, but that's just me. ermm wonder if he could?

sits and ponders. laughing

Galan007
probably not laughing out loud

But the scan (whoch is what I'm using currently) says the cosmic power of the source, but again me and DC are the PC the same in DC as in marvel if so he can absorb it. "The power cosmic", , would be much different then the "cosmic power of the Source", .

Just because both contain the word "cosmic", doesn't mean they are the same. stick out tongue

Tazer
Yo.

i didnt agree with u. i was being sarcastic. couldnt u tell. no way that asmodel would stalemate superman/ that fight was to brief. they didnt even fight they wrestled. supes owuld have gotten his ass kicked if asmodel would have remained.

wat U have is an arguable point at best , however the fact remains that Spark Supes held Asmodel to the same spot of ground long enuff for Flash & GL to do wat they needed to accomplish to get rid of the Angels en masse.

how long he couldve been there is speculation on either side (since theres no evidence to suggest 1 over the other that *I* know of), but the FACT OF THE MATTER is........they stalemated.

if U got something which says otherwise then produce it, and once again: thnx for agreeing w/me. eek! laughing Happy Dance

Tazer

quanchi112
"The power cosmic", , would be much different then the "cosmic power of the Source", .

Just because both contain the word "cosmic", doesn't mean they are the same. stick out tongue even though they may be slightly different i dont see why galactus could not absorb the source for that matter. he could have absorbed mephistos realm. while i know the source is far greater than mephistos realm i dont see any evidence as to suggest otherwise.

quanchi112
Yo.

wat U have is an arguable point at best , however the fact remains that Spark Supes held Asmodel to the same spot of ground long enuff for Flash & GL to do wat they needed to accomplish to get rid of the Angels en masse.

how long he couldve been there is speculation on either side (since theres no evidence to suggest 1 over the other that *I* know of), but the FACT OF THE MATTER is........they stalemated.

if U got something which says otherwise then produce it, and once again: thnx for agreeing w/me. eek! laughing Happy Dance

Tazer well as you can see you are trying to twist what i said so as to get me to agree with you. let me ask you this if energy superman fought asmodel and the fight was uninterrupted who would win? by the way skeets disagrees with you to, but if u want to act childish about this go ahead.

laughing

Tazer
Yo.

well as you can see you are trying to twist what i said so as to get me to agree with you. let me ask you this if energy superman fought asmodel and the fight was uninterrupted who would win? by the way skeets disagrees with you to, but if u want to act childish about this go ahead.
laughing

Im not acting childish at all; Uve stated ON MORE THAN TWO occasions that Supes stalemated Asmodel, which is all I ever said.

as for an un-interuppted fight Asmodel might win over time......OR Supes might pull a win outta his ass via some energy manip feat or other. either judgement is valid since its pure speculation of a matchup where both charas look good.

wat ISNT speculation is U saying....MORE THAN 2 TIMES.....that Supes stalemated Asmodel.

so once again, thnx for agreeing w/me. big grin eek! laughing Happy Dance

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

Im not acting childish at all; Uve stated ON MORE THAN TWO occasions that Supes stalemated Asmodel, which is all I ever said.

as for an un-interuppted fight Asmodel might win over time......OR Supes might pull a win outta his ass via some energy manip feat or other. either judgement is valid since its pure speculation of a matchup where both charas look good.

wat ISNT speculation is U saying....MORE THAN 2 TIMES.....that Supes stalemated Asmodel.

so once again, thnx for agreeing w/me. big grin eek! laughing Happy Dance

Tazer once again they didnt have a fight. they met for a limited amount of time while superman had his friends deadset on banishing asmodel becuz they couldnt deal with him. hes to freaking powerful, superman only lasted as long as he needed to yes but over time he would have been broken in two.

this is like me saying thanos stalemated odin. becuz he couldnt put thanos down right and actually he fought him over an extended perios of time. thanos looked singed is all and could have won in the end. just using your logic is all.

Kutulu
"The power cosmic", , would be much different then the "cosmic power of the Source", .

Just because both contain the word "cosmic", doesn't mean they are the same. stick out tongue

While it is true that Galactus blasting Gog would simply power up Gog more, what would happen if Galactus were to do the opposite: grab hold of his spear and try and leech the energy from it? Wouldn't he technically be able to pull the energy from Gog, powering himself up in the process?

I know that the energy of the Oa battery and the source are different, but Galactus seems to have the ability to convert energy to a form which he can use. Examples: During Secret Wars, he simply willed the energy out of Ultron and pulled it out like a piece of candy. Other instances include him beginning to eat Mephisto's realm, and during the Black Celestial saga he was eating time (everything in the universe began to freeze in time) and space (as he ate, the very fabric of the universe itself was being destroyed).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kutulu
While it is true that Galactus blasting Gog would simply power up Gog more, what would happen if Galactus were to do the opposite: grab hold of his spear and try and leech the energy from it? Wouldn't he technically be able to pull the energy from Gog, powering himself up in the process?

I know that the energy of the Oa battery and the source are different, but Galactus seems to have the ability to convert energy to a form which he can use. Examples: During Secret Wars, he simply willed the energy out of Ultron and pulled it out like a piece of candy. Other instances include him beginning to eat Mephisto's realm, and during the Black Celestial saga he was eating time (everything in the universe began to freeze in time) and space (as he ate, the very fabric of the universe itself was being destroyed). i feel if he did try and do this that the rest of the team would pour on the pain until he releases his grasp on gogs staff.

Imagine what shazam could do to him while on the rock of eternity while he tried this manuever. Also couldnt see sbp just pounding his head along with asmodel.

Tazer
Yo.

once again they didnt have a fight. they met for a limited amount of time while superman had his friends deadset on banishing asmodel becuz they couldnt deal with him. hes to freaking powerful, superman only lasted as long as he needed to yes but over time he would have been broken in two.

irregardless if they threw down w/fists, or simply claspd hands in a grapple-match, the fact is......Sparky Supes held Asmodel at the line.

and I dont think he'd be broken in two really, wat w/his particular circumstances and all......

this is like me saying thanos stalemated odin. becuz he couldnt put thanos down right and actually he fought him over an extended perios of time. thanos looked singed is all and could have won in the end. just using your logic is all.

if Thanos gave ground during his fight w/Odin, then they didnt stalemate. and as I recall Thanos was DEFINITELY the worse for wear there; if he looked barely perturbed, then U might have a point.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

thats what i have been trying to tell him.

laughing

i have recently discovered that tazer misinterprets a lot.

You can't see very far then...

Zing! 31

How many pages was that little tussle anyway 1,2?

ok, heres the feat (all FIVE PAGES worth) for all to see:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4959/jla00715uv4.th.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9024/jla00716xa2.th.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8240/jla00717xo4.th.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1742/jla00718zl7.th.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8295/jla00719rw8.th.jpg

so, did he stalemate him or not?? and plz note: contrary to wat quanchi says about how bad Supes would get beaten Kal-El doesnt look any the worse for wear after their fight:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6278/jla00720nl6.th.jpg

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

irregardless if they threw down w/fists, or simply claspd hands in a grapple-match, the fact is......Sparky Supes held Asmodel at the line.

and I dont think he'd be broken in two really, wat w/his particular circumstances and all......

if Thanos gave ground during his fight w/Odin, then they didnt stalemate. and as I recall Thanos was DEFINITELY the worse for wear there; if he looked barely perturbed, then U might have a point.

Tazer no heres the difference that thanos and odin actually fought. they fought for a while also. thats like saying superman and asmodel actually fighting and superman would like just appear fine. asmodel was pretty much against the jla not just superman or hadnt u noticed. they sent asmodel away so there was no actual fight. superman held his ground while the jla dismissed his uber ass.

quanchi112
Yo.

ok, heres the feat (all FIVE PAGES worth) for all to see:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4959/jla00715uv4.th.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9024/jla00716xa2.th.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8240/jla00717xo4.th.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1742/jla00718zl7.th.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8295/jla00719rw8.th.jpg

so, did he stalemate him or not?? and plz note: contrary to wat quanchi says about how bad Supes would get beaten Kal-El doesnt look any the worse for wear after their fight:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6278/jla00720nl6.th.jpg

Tazer they didnt fight. they wrestled for a bit. they sent away asmodel to quickly for there to actually have been a fight where a winner could be determined. how hard is this to understand?

Tazer
Yo.

they didnt fight. they wrestled for a bit. they sent away asmodel to quickly for there to actually have been a fight where a winner could be determined. how hard is this to understand?

again: was Asmodel stalemated?? did Spark Supes lose *any* ground while grappling w/him?? did he show ANY signs of weakening while they wrestled??

if his held his ground, and by appearance MATCHED his strength......then Sparky Supes did in fact stalemate Asmodel. as the above pics showed.

so much for yur "correcting me" quanchi; I wouldnt give up my day job anytime soon if I were U. laughing

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

no heres the difference that thanos and odin actually fought. they fought for a while also. thats like saying superman and asmodel actually fighting and superman would like just appear fine. asmodel was pretty much against the jla not just superman or hadnt u noticed. they sent asmodel away so there was no actual fight. superman held his ground while the jla dismissed his uber ass.

so wait, Asmodel was against the whole JLA *BUT* wasnt against Supes?

or is it he fought the JLA, but not Supes?

or is it that he had a skirmish against Supes, but it doesnt count cuz no blows were thrown?

which is it quanchi, Im confused here......

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

so wait, Asmodel was against the whole JLA *BUT* wasnt against Supes?

or is it he fought the JLA, but not Supes?

or is it that he had a skirmish against Supes, but it doesnt count cuz no blows were thrown?

which is it quanchi, Im confused here......

Tazer wait im confused here to. was this in a superman comic? or was it in a jla issue? did superman keep him busy while the reast of the jla banished him? or was it all supes while the rest of the jla pissed around? did superman go toe to toe with him throughout most of the issue?

Utrigita

Okay

But I still think he could drain the staffs power.

Also there are many ways to kill Gog for Galactus disrupt him at a molecular level the possibilities is near endless.

A still think the Challange for him would be Shazem and Asmodel(Angel Form) But still believe Galactus would take it

Tazer
Yo.

wait im confused here to. was this in a superman comic? or was it in a jla issue? did superman keep him busy while the reast of the jla banished him? or was it all supes while the rest of the jla pissed around? did superman go toe to toe with him throughout most of the issue?

well, OF COURSE yur still confused; any1 who can look at a stalemated battle and continue to try and argue that its not a stalemate, even after admitting its a stalemate *twice*, clearly cannot grasp the complexities of yur avg comic book.

thats ok quanchi, its ok...........oh, and btw: concession accepted.
Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

Tazer

Lord Prime
DC Team ftw

quanchi112
Yo.

well, OF COURSE yur still confused; any1 who can look at a stalemated battle and continue to try and argue that its not a stalemate, even after admitting its a stalemate *twice*, clearly cannot grasp the complexities of yur avg comic book.

thats ok quanchi, its ok...........oh, and btw: concession accepted.
Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

Tazer they didnt fight long enough for this to be considered an actual stalemate. why does everything have to be all or nothing with you. this is an exception like with anything its different and needs to be looked at. first off jla was working on banishing asmodel while superman wrestled with him for a bit. supes had help to send asmodel away. they didnt finish their fight by any means. skeets saw it and so did i. ur just being stubborn.

i win.

Happy Dance

Tazer
Yo.

they didnt fight long enough for this to be considered an actual stalemate.

oh man, now THIS is GOLD: not only did U call yurself a liar, yur a comedian!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

thnx, I needed that laff.

skeets saw it and so did i. ur just being stubborn.

i win.

Skeets also it lastd 1 or 2 pgs, and now EVERY1 has seen it and how wrong that was.

like I said: concession accepted.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Tazer

Bol Gath
Pwnage of the highest level... Congratz to u Tazer.
Big G FTW btw!
4-6/10 if hungry
6-8/10 if he's not hungry
10/10 if well feed
Not even going to mention him at full power!

quanchi112
Yo.

oh man, now THIS is GOLD: not only did U call yurself a liar, yur a comedian!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

thnx, I needed that laff.

Skeets also it lastd 1 or 2 pgs, and now EVERY1 has seen it and how wrong that was.

like I said: concession accepted.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Tazer if u consider this an actual fight in comics i pray for ur immortal soul. i mean come on. the charaade is up. if superman could stalemate him it owuld have appeared in a superman comic not jla when the whole team is needed to defeat him.

i win. laughing

Tazer
Yo.

if u consider this an actual fight in comics i pray for ur immortal soul. i mean come on. the charaade is up. if superman could stalemate him it owuld have appeared in a superman comic not jla when the whole team is needed to defeat him.

i win. laughing

of course this is true, cuz forgot that U, quanchi, are the EoC of DC Comics and therefore the person that determines who wins, who loses, when they stalemate, and exactly wats considered a stalemate or not.

...................riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

eek!

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

of course this is true, cuz forgot that U, quanchi, are the EoC of DC Comics and therefore the person that determines who wins, who loses, when they stalemate, and exactly wats considered a stalemate or not.

...................riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

eek!

Tazer do u consider this an actual real determination of a fight between asmodel and superman? meaning do u feel this is conclusive evidence as to who would win this fight?

Tazer
Yo.

do u consider this an actual real determination of a fight between asmodel and superman? meaning do u feel this is conclusive evidence as to who would win this fight?

this Q has already been answerd (yet again) more than ONCE.

go back and look quanchi.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

and U know wat? if U dont believe me, thats fine. I can agree to disagree.

HOWEVER, would U believe the words of a person who was there and is more intimate in the matter than either of us?

like say.....Zauriel??

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3899/jlaparadiselost00109fl3.jpg

game.

set.

MATCH.

to quote ya from another post: "I luv proving U wrong......."

Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance laughing smokin'

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

HOWEVER, would U believe the words of a person who was there and is more intimate in the matter than either of us?

like say.....Zauriel??

game.

set.

MATCH.

Tazer he wrestled him breifly for a stalemate. quit dancing around the topic here. it wasnt a battle by any means. he was banished before he got to tear into superman. superman bought his team the time they needed to banish him plain and simple.

wink

Tazer
Yo.

did I *ever* claim it was anything other than a stalemate??

man, I just keep showing U up all over the place.......oh, and thanx AGAIN for agreeing w/me!!!

laughing out loud

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

did I *ever* claim it was anything other than a stalemate??

man, I just keep showing U up all over the place.......oh, and thanx AGAIN for agreeing w/me!!!

laughing out loud

Tazer it wasnt a fight. they wrestled for a bit and then sent asmodel away. do u think superman could defeat asmodel? dodge this question again. its funny watching you do this over and over again.

laughing

Juntai
Yo.

like say.....Zauriel??

game.

set.

MATCH.

Tazer laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
laughing so any skirmish no matter how brief as long as each character is holding their grounds we call them equal in a fight. even though the struggle lasted as long as it takes one to brush their teeth.

if u want to consider superman asmodels peer thats ur mistake not mine. their was a team working on banishing him while supes held his ground for 30 seconds, big diff.

laughing

Tazer
Yo.

it wasnt a fight. they wrestled for a bit and then sent asmodel away. do u think superman could defeat asmodel? dodge this question again. its funny watching you do this over and over again.

laughing

damn, now its like playing "Keep Away" with the slow kid......

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

damn, now its like playing "Keep Away" with the slow kid......

Tazer answer the question.

laughing

Avlon
You're both right.

Energy Superman did in fact stalemate Asmodel for a brief while...at least long enough for a plot device removal.

However, had that fight contined, Superman would have lost. Grant Morrison, the writer of that issue even comes off as amazed that Superman can HOLD Asmodel.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/asmodel3.jpg

Back to the thread...Galactus loses.

Galan getting more credit than he deserves is starting to get old. It's always "Well, he has potential for this when he's fully fed!!"

That debate is getting old. Nobody debates a "fully fed sundipped Superman" in place of standard Supes...or a "full potential GL" in place of any GL.

Galan should not get special treatment either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
You're both right.

Energy Superman did in fact stalemate Asmodel for a brief while...at least long enough for a plot device removal.

However, had that fight contined, Superman would have lost. Grant Morrison, the writer of that issue even comes off as amazed that Superman can HOLD Asmodel.

Back to the thread...Galactus loses.

Galan getting more credit than he deserves is starting to get old. It's always "Well, he has potential for this when he's fully fed!!"

That debate is getting old. Nobody debates a "fully fed sundipped Superman" in place of standard Supes...or a "full potential GL" in place of any GL.

Galan should not get special treatment either. listen it was no true stalemate in a true sense of the word. supes wouldnt last 10 minutes with asmodel but could wrestle with him for 30 seconds for plot device removal the only way supes could be perceived as stalemating asmodel. in a real fight with no one else involved supes would get owned. tazer knows it.

the team does win this. with this ill agree wholeheartedly.

Avlon
listen it was no true stalemate in a true sense of the word. supes wouldnt last 10 minutes with asmodel but could wrestle with him for 30 seconds for plot device removal the only way supes could be perceived as stalemating asmodel. in a real fight with no one else involved supes would get owned. tazer knows it.

It counts as a "technical" stalemate since Superman held him long enough for the plot device to work.

1 on 1 full on battle would have been a different story. The guys blood alone can destroy anything. That's pretty badass already.

And I always found that recollection panel with Zauriel kind of funny..considering that Batman is in the background there...yet he wasn't in the original story at all...and especially not in the fight.

quanchi112
It counts as a "technical" stalemate since Superman held him long enough for the plot device to work.

1 on 1 full on battle would have been a different story. The guys blood alone can destroy anything. That's pretty badass already.

And I always found that recollection panel with Zauriel kind of funny..considering that Batman is in the background there...yet he wasn't in the original story at all...and especially not in the fight. yes technical becuz it lasted thirty seconds or so. for anyone to think this superman stood a chance against asmodel is ludicrous.

Tazer
Yo.

answer the question.

laughing

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

yes technical becuz it lasted thirty seconds or so. for anyone to think this superman stood a chance against asmodel is ludicrous.

thats like the 3rd or 4th time U said "it lasted 30secs"........do U have *ANY PROOF* that that was how long he held Asmodel, or is that simply more of U beating yur head against the wall in futility??

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

listen it was no true stalemate in a true sense of the word. supes wouldnt last 10 minutes with asmodel but could wrestle with him for 30 seconds for plot device removal the only way supes could be perceived as stalemating asmodel. in a real fight with no one else involved supes would get owned. tazer knows it.

*ahem*

http://www.answers.com/stalemate&r=67

thats from the 1st page, and then when we go down 3 more we see this from the Wiki:

so, it seems that for the THIRD TIME IN THIS THREAD Ud be wrong.

look man, if it says on panel that he got stalemated, Y cant U just accept that and move on?

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

yes technical becuz it lasted thirty seconds or so. for anyone to think this superman stood a chance against asmodel is ludicrous.

if we're gonna get technical theres not a whole lot of 1 on 1 showings w/Asmodel that we can actually say that: in his 1st appearance he was pretty impressive but remember J'onn *was* holding him at bay (even tho he WAS the worse for wear) til Supes showed up.

of course, he did later come back & kicked his ass, but that WAS thru weakness exploitation AND being exposed to hard vacuum.

Im just saying is all.....

Tazer

Bol Gath
The funny thing about this is the fact that superman actually managed to "stalemate" Asmodel (even if it was only for a short while).
That means absolutely nothing in this fight. Stalemating Asmodel is far from stalemating Galactus. Or do any of you think he can even manage to get Galactus to consider him a threat?

Tony Stark
I'm still waiting to hear where this mythical "It was only a 30 sec fight" proof comes from. The bottom line is that Supes "DID" in fact STALEMATE Asmodel pure and simple...It was to the T...A conflict where neither side showed a clear advantage over the other. Point blank. I know you DCfanboys are conflicted in that actually happening... One side of your being saying, Asmodel who is supposed to be Mr. OMNIPOTENT should have demolished Supes and your other side of your being saying I told you Supes was that cool see he clearly stalemated asmodel, Supes is a BEAST.

But back to the real question GALA FTW

quanchi112
Yo.

*ahem*

http://www.answers.com/stalemate&r=67

thats from the 1st page, and then when we go down 3 more we see this from the Wiki:

so, it seems that for the THIRD TIME IN THIS THREAD Ud be wrong.

look man, if it says on panel that he got stalemated, Y cant U just accept that and move on?

Tazer i have always said in their brife wrestling macth tha it was a stalemate but if they would have been able to fight nore than 30 seconds superman would have been dealt with. u know im right, just move om.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bol Gath
The funny thing about this is the fact that superman actually managed to "stalemate" Asmodel (even if it was only for a short while).
That means absolutely nothing in this fight. Stalemating Asmodel is far from stalemating Galactus. Or do any of you think he can even manage to get Galactus to consider him a threat? i know asmodel would have no shot in beating galactus on his own but he has lots of help. i mean shazam is here with all his artifacts on the rock of eternity. with gog and superboyprime. trust me galactus has fallen to a lot less. big g goes down hard.

quanchi112
I'm still waiting to hear where this mythical "It was only a 30 sec fight" proof comes from. The bottom line is that Supes "DID" in fact STALEMATE Asmodel pure and simple...It was to the T...A conflict where neither side showed a clear advantage over the other. Point blank. I know you DCfanboys are conflicted in that actually happening... One side of your being saying, Asmodel who is supposed to be Mr. OMNIPOTENT should have demolished Supes and your other side of your being saying I told you Supes was that cool see he clearly stalemated asmodel, Supes is a BEAST.

But back to the real question GALA FTW geez now im a dc fanboy. first i was a marvel fanboy now im a dc one. how things change on here so rapidly.

he stalemted him in their brief encounter. the jla sent him away. it wasnt like it was all superman. superman did his role and kept him busy while his team saved his as and banished him. plain and simple. asmodel is a beast and would have ripped into superman. hes the king angel of the bull host and is above superman.

Avlon
Yo.

if we're gonna get technical theres not a whole lot of 1 on 1 showings w/Asmodel that we can actually say that: in his 1st appearance he was pretty impressive but remember J'onn *was* holding him at bay (even tho he WAS the worse for wear) til Supes showed up.

of course, he did later come back & kicked his ass, but that WAS thru weakness exploitation AND being exposed to hard vacuum.

Im just saying is all.....

Tazer

John never held Asmodel at bay. He kept getting pwned for his troubles even after death, and Asmodel didn't even take him seriously.

Asmodel - "You try my patience."

Back to topic..Galactus loses. He surely isn't hurting Azzy while in angelic form who's never been shown damaged or ko'd...and Superman red wrestled with a millenium giant for a while too..he could surely have done the same in that storyline with Galactus...as silly as it sounds..while the JLA figured out a way to send Galan away.

quanchi112
John never held Asmodel at bay. He kept getting pwned for his troubles even after death, and Asmodel didn't even take him seriously.

Back to topic..Galactus loses. He surely isn't hurting Azzy while in angelic form who's never been shown damaged or ko'd...and Superman red wrestled with a millenium giant for a while too..he could surely have done the same in that storyline with Galactus...as silly as it sounds..while the JLA figured out a way to send Galan away. the team defeats galactus here not asmodel. asmodel on his own would get crushed by galactus. but with all the help he has they defeat galactus.

Sundipped
I don't believe there is no way Supes can earn a legit stalemate against Asmodel. As was shown a plan had to be worked out in order to send him away. I for 1 believe that an actual fight has to take place before a winner/loser or stalemate can be granted. This was no actual fight.

quanchi112
I don't believe there is no way Supes can earn a legit stalemate against Asmodel. As was shown a plan had to be worked out in order to send him away. I for 1 believe that an actual fight has to take place before a winner/loser or stalemate can be granted. This was no actual fight. thank you. there was no actual fight. he held him off until he was sent away. if he would have fought superman he would have torn into him.

damn jla sissies.

Avlon
the team defeats galactus here not asmodel. asmodel on his own would get crushed by galactus. but with all the help he has they defeat galactus.

Galactus has nothing on him that can hurt Asmodel.

Matter manip? Asmodel can destroy matter with a thought.

Angels never get tired, Galactus does.

Angels are immortal, Galactus isn't.

Galactus has no defense against the light of heaven attack.

Energy Superman stalemated Asmodel briefly?

Guardian went even further with Galactus..and Blue could have done the same thing with Galan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

quanchi112

Superman stalemated Asmodel briefly?

Guardian went even further with Galactus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg asmodel had what three basic storylines. dont get me wrong i love asmodel a lot more than galactus. makes my top five. but he owuld get curbstomped here. i saw how easily cronus stormed the gates of heaven just one shotting angels and the new king of the bull host as well. he had two religions plus his so he was beefed up but galactus is even more powerful than cronus with the godwave here. i mean cronus was oneshotting them like nothing. asmodel is powerful indeed but he cant destroy three solar systems when pissed. i mean he stormed the gates of heaven with a lot of help and who was really there as of note that stood in his way. no one. galactus crushes asmodel one on one.

Avlon
asmodel had what three basic storylines. dont get me wrong i love asmodel a lot more than galactus. makes my top five. but he owuld get curbstomped here. i saw how easily cronus stormed the gates of heaven just one shotting angels and the new king of the bull host as well. he had two religions plus his so he was beefed up but galactus is even more powerful than cronus with the godwave here. i mean cronus was oneshotting them like nothing. asmodel is powerful indeed but he cant destroy three solar systems when pissed. i mean he stormed the gates of heaven with a lot of help and who was really there as of note that stood in his way. no one. galactus crushes asmodel one on one.

Galactus would be stomped is he ever tried to take over heaven... I don't see the presence even having to get involved as with Asmodel.

It didn't take the presence to stop Cronus correct?

quanchi112
Galactus would be stomped is he ever tried to take over heaven... I don't see the presence even having to get involved as with Asmodel.

It didn't take the presence to stop Cronus correct? as a matter of fact i kinda did. he took the power of the presence and it drove him mad? he faced a lot more opposition than just ur ordinary angels. cronus kicked ass up there.

galactus would stomp heaven if it just included the angels as asmodel faced.

Tazer
Yo.

as a matter of fact i kinda did. he took the power of the presence and it drove him mad? he faced a lot more opposition than just ur ordinary angels. cronus kicked ass up there.

Cronus didnt go mad, but gained enlightenment, which I think is Y he was allowed to get as far as he did.

and we know that even if U dont SEE The Presence, he/she/its always aware apparently of wats going on......atleast in Heaven anyways.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

Cronus didnt go mad, but gained enlightenment, which I think is Y he was allowed to get as far as he did.

and we know that even if U dont SEE The Presence, he/she/its always aware apparently of wats going on......atleast in Heaven anyways.

Tazer again ur wrong. he couldnt handle the power of the presence. thats what stopped him. get ur facts straight for once.

Tazer
Yo.

i have always said in their brife wrestling macth tha it was a stalemate but if they would have been able to fight nore than 30 seconds superman would have been dealt with. u know im right, just move om.

ummm....just who was it that for the last 2 days has tried to argue that it WASNT a stalemate??

also: whered this 30secs come from again???

maybe ya better follow yur advice comrade.....

Tazer

quanchi112
I don't believe there is no way Supes can earn a legit stalemate against Asmodel. As was shown a plan had to be worked out in order to send him away. I for 1 believe that an actual fight has to take place before a winner/loser or stalemate can be granted. This was no actual fight. read this tazer. anyone who read the comic knows what i am talking about. wink

dont argue with me when i know my stuff. please.

Tazer
Yo.

read this tazer. anyone who read the comic knows what i am talking about. wink

dont argue with me when i know my stuff. please.

U realize that wat U quoted was an OPINION right??

and lets not even go into U "knowing wat yur talking about".........unless U care to answer the following:

ummm....just who was it that for the last 2 days has tried to argue that it WASNT a stalemate??

also: whered this 30secs come from again???

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

perhaps "at bay" isnt entirely correct, however he did occupy Asmodels time while the others saw about taking out the rogue angels en masse:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6574/jla00709tl4.th.jpghttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2012/jla00710wu4.th.jpghttp://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8131/jla00715ki2.th.jpg

also, most of the time J'onn got taken out by Asmodel, it WAS mostly due to him getting hit by fire, and even then Jonn still on avg did wat he needed to do.

does this mean he'd beat the angel? Im not gonna say that, but I do think their fight would be MUCH closer.

Tazer

Avlon
Yo.

perhaps "at bay" isnt entirely correct, however he did occupy Asmodels time while the others saw about taking out the rogue angels en masse:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6574/jla00709tl4.th.jpghttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2012/jla00710wu4.th.jpghttp://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8131/jla00715ki2.th.jpg

also, most of the time J'onn got taken out by Asmodel, it WAS mostly due to him getting hit by fire, and even then Jonn still on avg did wat he needed to do.

does this mean he'd beat the angel? Im not gonna say that, but I do think their fight would be MUCH closer.

Tazer

MM occupied Asmodels time like a kid kicks rocks out of boredom. In no way is Martian Manhunter any kind of match for Asmodel nor will he ever be. He was just unfortunately always in the way for some reason.

Tazer
Yo.

again ur wrong. he couldnt handle the power of the presence. thats what stopped him. get ur facts straight for once.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/764/wwv215031ie7.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5889/wwv215032uh3.jpg

he couldnt handle it, but he didnt go mad either; he gained enlightenment imo.

and the Presence didnt intervene in this story like he did in Paradise Lost

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

MM occupied Asmodels time like a kid kicks rocks out of boredom. In no way is Martian Manhunter any kind of match for Asmodel nor will he ever be. He was just unfortunately always in the way for some reason.

hey, even in Heaven Jonn managed to keep the demon & rogue angel horde from moving past a certain point til Zauriel met up w/him, and the only reason Y he was worse for wear THERE was due to that fire gaze-atk he uses.

in EVER fight they went at it, Jonn is severely dmg'd by it, and w/o it I think the fight would be alot better; might not be a diff outcome, but it goes better for Jonn IMNSHO.

and while Asmodel is no joke, to deny the fact that Jonn made a problem of himself is a serious mistake.

Tazer

Avlon
Yo.

hey, even in Heaven Jonn managed to keep the demon & rogue angel horde from moving past a certain point til Zauriel met up w/him, and the only reason Y he was worse for wear THERE was due to that fire gaze-atk he uses.

in EVER fight they went at it, Jonn is severely dmg'd by it, and w/o it I think the fight would be alot better; might not be a diff outcome, but it goes better for Jonn IMNSHO.

and while Asmodel is no joke, to deny the fact that Jonn made a problem of himself is a serious mistake.

Tazer

In heaven, Jonn was on the side of the Angel's defending heaven and basically a (martian) angel himself..and being dead himself (at least at the time) I doubt he still had a weakness to flame. He did do his thing as a warrior of heaven though, along with the warriors on his side...but it was a useless tirade as Azzy was running through them effortlessly until the presence stopped him.

The only time his weakness to flame was ever really exposed was when Asmodel straight up used it in the boys body.

I never said Jonn didn't make a problem of himself, but he was more of a nuisance than a challenge of any type. Azzy never once took him serious, dead or alive. MM simply stands no chance or ever will.

Tazer
Yo.

In heaven, Jonn was on the side of the Angel's defending heaven and basically a (martian) angel himself..and being dead himself (at least at the time) I doubt he still had a weakness to flame. He did do his thing as a warrior of heaven though, along with the warriors on his side...but it was a useless tirade as Azzy was running through them effortlessly until the presence stopped him.

Jonn wasnt an angel, and the only atk we saw him get hit with cause him any concern.....was the fire gaze -atk. when he meets up w/Zauriel he tells him that he held them back & refused to let any of them pass, and this was after Asmodel blasted him.

The only time his weakness to flame was ever really exposed was when Asmodel straight up used it in the boys body.

right.....which was 2 out of the 3 times they met (and an argument could be made for the 1st too.

I never said Jonn didn't make a problem of himself, but he was more of a nuisance than a challenge of any type. Azzy never once took him serious, dead or alive. MM simply stands no chance or ever will.

Asmodel didnt take *any1* serious, but that doesnt mean Jonn didnt give him any trouble.

Tazer

nvrbeenwthagirl

Why is Black Adam here? I'd say the team has Good chance of winning if they work together. This is just like if galactus was fighting Odin, Thanos, Surtur, and maybe Onslaught. He'd lose too. After A good fight.

quanchi112
Yo.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/764/wwv215031ie7.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5889/wwv215032uh3.jpg

he couldnt handle it, but he didnt go mad either; he gained enlightenment imo.

and the Presence didnt intervene in this story like he did in Paradise Lost

Tazer he couldnt handle it. thats the point. he couldnt deal with the power of the presence.

Tazer
Yo.

he couldnt handle it. thats the point. he couldnt deal with the power of the presence.

which isnt something I doubted or refuted, now is it?

Tazer

Avlon
Jonn wasnt an angel, and the only atk we saw him get hit with cause him any concern.....was the fire gaze -atk. when he meets up w/Zauriel he tells him that he held them back & refused to let any of them pass, and this was after Asmodel blasted him.

Jonn was dead, and every shot was a 1 shot for the poor guy. He was on the side of the angel's and being dead was fairly equivalent to one. It didn't help him unfortunately when Azzy came through.

right.....which was 2 out of the 3 times they met (and an argument could be made for the 1st too.

The second time was completely deliberate though. The other times it was either an effect of the battle, or directly through Azzy's powerset..but the result was the same.

Asmodel didnt take *any1* serious, but that doesnt mean Jonn didnt give him any trouble.

If being smacked down and pwned all the time is trouble..then yes...he did.

Tazer
Yo.

Jonn was dead, and every shot was a 1 shot for the poor guy. He was on the side of the angel's and being dead was fairly equivalent to one. It didn't help him unfortunately when Azzy came through.

thats not true: he got eye-blasted in JLA, but dove right back at him AND was on his feet when Kal-el showed up; he got backhanded THEN fire-blasted THEN tossed into vacuum in _PL_; and at the end of THAT story he got fire-blasted *yet again* but was still on his feet (admittedly shaky) when he was resuscitated.

none of those fit the description of 1-shotted. he didnt come off as "oh $#!t....Jonns back up!!" granted, but he was far from wtfpwnerzd.

The second time was completely deliberate though. The other times it was either an effect of the battle, or directly through Azzy's powerset..but the result was the same.

the LAST TWO were deliberate; the 1st was effect of battle, and PLUS Jonn did help Diana to try to push that chariot of Azzys away.....even tho he himself was being burned worse by it (due to his specific weakness).

If being smacked down and pwned all the time is trouble..then yes...he did.

if it slows down the enemy, even a little bit....Id say so.

maybe not a GREAT AMOUNT of it, but still.......

Tazer

Utrigita
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Why is Black Adam here? I'd say the team has Good chance of winning if they work together. This is just like if galactus was fighting Odin, Thanos, Surtur, and maybe Onslaught. He'd lose too. After A good fight.

I give the team this win because of one Factor really and thats asmodel in his Angel Form (and Shazam to). But Galactus losing against Odin Thanos Surtur and Onslaught... thats a little far off Nvr IMO.

Avlon
thats not true: he got eye-blasted in JLA, but dove right back at him AND was on his feet when Kal-el showed up; he got backhanded THEN fire-blasted THEN tossed into vacuum in _PL_; and at the end of THAT story he got fire-blasted *yet again* but was still on his feet (admittedly shaky) when he was resuscitated.

none of those fit the description of 1-shotted. he didnt come off as "oh $#!t....Jonns back up!!" granted, but he was far from wtfpwnerzd.

He occupied some of Asmodels time, I'll give him that. MM had no chance whatsoever of even beginning to damage Azzy. Blue who is far more powerful didn't damage him either.

the LAST TWO were deliberate; the 1st was effect of battle, and PLUS Jonn did help Diana to try to push that chariot of Azzys away.....even tho he himself was being burned worse by it (due to his specific weakness).

I don't know if holding the chariot was due to his weakness. Diana was burning just as bad as he was. The last one wasn't deliberate in the sense that it's a natural ability to Azzy. He just blasted him..and MM was still dead at the time. I doubt he had the same weakness as when he was alive.

if it slows down the enemy, even a little bit....Id say so.

maybe not a GREAT AMOUNT of it, but still.......

Jonn played "jesus" in the sense that he was a distraction. Unfortunately, he wasn't a challenge.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Asmodel in the future..and hopefully it's done by Morrison, Waid, or even Lym.

Tenebrous

Energy Superman stalemated Asmodel briefly?

Guardian went even further with Galactus..and Blue could have done the same thing with Galan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

What are the feats of Admodel? I couldn't find much information so I had to resort to checking wikipedia.

His angelic form apparently has a weakness to ultrasonic sound.

Now for the purposes of debate: Galactus can also destroy matter with a thought, on a cosmic scale. What scale does Asmodel operate in?

Galactus gets fatigued while fighting top-tier beings (Phoenix Force, In-Betweener, Full-power Tyrant) who operate on a cosmic scale, are fundamental parts of the universe, and so forth. Localized individuals (Thor, Iron Man, Strange, etc.) have almost always fought Galactus while he was already starving. Again, what scale does Asmodel operate on, as it seems to me that he was defeated by the JLA. The Avengers have done the same to Galactus, for sure, but again the caveat is the overly-used plot device of a hungry/starving Galactus.

In terms of immortality...that is only relavent to a certain degree. E.g. Doomsday cannot be killed, does that mean Doomsday wins against Galactus?

As for the light of heaven attack. What exactly does the attack do? Per wikipedia, it drives the victim insane unless he/she has the purest of souls.

Mephisto acknowledged that he could not defeat Galactus in any fashion because Galactus exists beyond the concepts of good and evil. He is neither. If the light of heaven is contingent on the "soul" of the target, it would have no effect at all on Galactus, because he doesn't possess a soul, and he also has no good or evil within him. Therefore I don't see the attack having any effect whatsoever.

Avlon
Originally posted by Tenebrous
What are the feats of Admodel? I couldn't find much information so I had to resort to checking wikipedia.

His angelic form apparently has a weakness to ultrasonic sound.

Now for the purposes of debate: Galactus can also destroy matter with a thought, on a cosmic scale. What scale does Asmodel operate in?

Galactus gets fatigued while fighting top-tier beings (Phoenix Force, In-Betweener, Full-power Tyrant) who operate on a cosmic scale, are fundamental parts of the universe, and so forth. Localized individuals (Thor, Iron Man, Strange, etc.) have almost always fought Galactus while he was already starving. Again, what scale does Asmodel operate on, as it seems to me that he was defeated by the JLA. The Avengers have done the same to Galactus, for sure, but again the caveat is the overly-used plot device of a hungry/starving Galactus.

In terms of immortality...that is only relavent to a certain degree. E.g. Doomsday cannot be killed, does that mean Doomsday wins against Galactus?

As for the light of heaven attack. What exactly does the attack do? Per wikipedia, it drives the victim insane unless he/she has the purest of souls.

Mephisto acknowledged that he could not defeat Galactus in any fashion because Galactus exists beyond the concepts of good and evil. He is neither. If the light of heaven is contingent on the "soul" of the target, it would have no effect at all on Galactus, because he doesn't possess a soul, and he also has no good or evil within him. Therefore I don't see the attack having any effect whatsoever.

This is a description of his abilities along with an interview with G. Morrison...his creator.

On the physical plane, there is really no way to hurt him.

Neron who is pretty much the same as mephisto feared Asmodel...as for the light of heaven attack. Galan does feel, it's been shown in the SS series more than once. I doubt that Galan is above such a divine attack.

Are you sure that Galactus can destroy matter? I know he can manipulate it...but destroying it is a whole other level. Azzy can do it with a thought.

Charlotte DeBel
Strange fought pretty much well-fed Galactus. Read Strange's RT. And Classic Strange doesn't seem too "local"...not cosmic in terms of location, though.
Galactus is even much more worse thing in terms in jobbing that Darkseid...who has been often shown as Supes' punching bag.

And as for Asmodel wrestling Superman...call it "flagship must have the biggest guns" policy.

Tazer
Yo.

He occupied some of Asmodels time, I'll give him that. MM had no chance whatsoever of even beginning to damage Azzy. Blue who is far more powerful didn't damage him either.

I'll say prolly true on the 1st point, and on the 2nd I'll say that its not like Sparky Supes actually HIT him really.

I don't know if holding the chariot was due to his weakness. Diana was burning just as bad as he was. The last one wasn't deliberate in the sense that it's a natural ability to Azzy. He just blasted him..and MM was still dead at the time. I doubt he had the same weakness as when he was alive.

when the chariot was coming down, Diana commented on how its touch was burning Jonn, who simply bore thru the pain to continue his effort.

Jonn played "jesus" in the sense that he was a distraction. Unfortunately, he wasn't a challenge.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Asmodel in the future..and hopefully it's done by Morrison, Waid, or even Lym.

maybe not, be he did wat he needed to do. which is all Im saying.

and agreed, I would like to see Asmodel again sometime soon.

Tazer

Tony Stark
This is a description of his abilities along with an interview with G. Morrison...his creator.

On the physical plane, there is really no way to hurt him.

Neron who is pretty much the same as mephisto feared Asmodel...as for the light of heaven attack. Galan does feel, it's been shown in the SS series more than once. I doubt that Galan is above such a divine attack.

Are you sure that Galactus can destroy matter? I know he can manipulate it...but destroying it is a whole other level. Azzy can do it with a thought.

confused

Neron is EVIL thats why he feared Asmodel as he did (Light of Heaven attack)=GOOD...where as Galactus is neither "GOOD" nor "EVIL" So Asmodels most powerful attack would have no effect on Gala. Hence Asmodel dies.

cool

quanchi112
asmodel was pretty interesting character. he makes my top five. if he comes back i want to see him in angelic form with his powers returned somehow. no more skin suit crap. the team wins this but galactus goes down in an honorable defeat.

Endless Mike
1000 Hiroshimas is only 15 megatons. That's not very impressive.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
1000 Hiroshimas is only 15 megatons. That's not very impressive. asmodel was impressive but not to the degree some people are claiming. hes above darkseid but below odin in my opinion.

Avlon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
1000 Hiroshimas is only 15 megatons. That's not very impressive.

You don't think that's impressive for a heartbeat?

Avlon
confused

Neron is EVIL thats why he feared Asmodel as he did (Light of Heaven attack)=GOOD...where as Galactus is neither "GOOD" nor "EVIL" So Asmodels most powerful attack would have no effect on Gala. Hence Asmodel dies.

cool

Considering Azzy is immortal and Galan isn't...it looks like Galactus dies. smile

And while Galactus may consider himself above good and evil. A heavenly attack would probably see it MUCH different. Either way, in angelic form, nobody managed to hurt Asmodel except the presence. Galactus has gone down to far less.

Tazer
Yo.

Considering Azzy is immortal and Galan isn't...it looks like Galactus dies. smile

but *IS* Azzy immortal really?? cuz I do seem to remember that after his defeat in JLA, we next saw him in Hell......

however I dont know if Angels work under the general considerations of "alive" and "dead", but admittedly thats just me.

Tazer

Endless Mike
You don't think that's impressive for a heartbeat?

Compared to a guy who has the energy of an entire universe inside of him?

No.

quanchi112

And while Galactus may consider himself above good and evil. A heavenly attack would probably see it MUCH different. Either way, in angelic form, nobody managed to hurt Asmodel except the presence. Galactus has gone down to far less. come on now. asmodel wasnt anywhere near as powerful as galactus. he had a whole army with him and never took out anyone exceptional with his powers.

galacus would slaughter asmodel if he fought him alone.

hulkcpbifiussjf
Big g

quanchi112
Originally posted by hulkcpbifiussjf
Big g big g goes down here, dont forget he is fighting on the rock of eternity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.