War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
Not the best review, but I'm hella tired. Just got back from the mployee screening at work. Moie was roughly 2 hours.

Plot (for an action film): 9/10

What pleased me about this movie is that it wasn't a movie that looks for an excuse to have a fight scene every ten seconds. It had an actual plot which you needed to closely follow to understand everything. It got confusing at times and had a twist ending worthy of the "Saw" franchise.

Fighting: 10/10

There are many different types of fighting movies.; There's Terminator, Lord of the Rings, Rush Hour etc. This movie had a type of fighting that was completely unique and new to me. What I liked about this is that he didn't only do karate. Actually, his karate wasn't even completely neccesary until the ending. HE used guns and was an asassin before a karate movie star. Niiice.

Casting: 7/10

The cast was good, but it was somethign about them that bothered me. The main characters were all good, but mixing all those actors just didn't look right with one another. It kind of bothered me.

Total: 88/100

This movie had a little too much going on for my liking, but it was vbery good nonetheless. I probably won't see it again, but it is a definate must if you haven't seen it. This would be longer but I can't say much without giving away the movie.

Dusty
I'd like to see this, actually. Statham and Li? Yes.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
...Loads of spelling mistakes...

thanks for the review.

Why not use Firefox, it automatically shows spelling mistakessmile

Mairuzu
Two great action movie stars in one? im there...

Robtard
Jet Li doesn't use Karate.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Li and Statham have great fight scenes in this.

allofyousuckkk
He doesn't use karate? Wth does he use?

(keep in mind, I was really tired when writing this, I knew there were many spelling mistakes, I just didn't care though)

Robtard
He doesn't use karate? Wth does he use?

(keep in mind, I was really tired when writing this, I knew there were many spelling mistakes, I just didn't care though)

He's trained in Wushu.

No, no, don't make excuses, your Bi-ass lost all credibility with me when you confused Japanese with Chinese martial arts... how dare you!

Mairuzu
all of china hates you now!

Robtard
...and that's a lot of ****ing people!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Robtard
He's trained in Wushu.

No, no, don't make excuses, your Bi-ass lost all credibility with me when you confused Japanese with Chinese martial arts... how dare you!

Wushu is a good martial art to learn.

allofyousuckkk
boy oh boy. I mixed up Japanese and Chines....so he's chinese?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
boy oh boy. I mixed up Japanese and Chines....so he's chinese?

Yes. Li was born Li Lianjie in Beijing, China on April 26, 1963

MildPossession
Are you all forgetting The One... War looks like it will be a big letdown.

Cory Chaos
"War" was pitiful. Terrible acting all around, actually very little action and the story got lost in itself..making for a totally incomprehensible ending.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
"War" was pitiful. Terrible acting all around, actually very little action and the story got lost in itself..making for a totally incomprehensible ending.

100% agreed.

This movie sucked so so much. I wanted to leave halfway through. I stayed for the fight between Statham and Li, which lasted about 2 minutes and wasn't even entertaining.

Worst movie I've seen in a while.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MildPossession
Are you all forgetting The One... War looks like it will be a big letdown.

whats wrong with the one? I agree though, i'll wait for war to hit HBO. THe only bad martial arts movies i will sit through in the theater is tony Jaa movies, because atleast he is entertaining to watch. He doesnt try to act like jackie chan or jet li, he just does his thing.

MildPossession
Rage - I brought up The One because of Jet Li and Jason in that movie together. I didn't think much of it though.

J_M
Jet Li is too serious for an actor. Or a Martial artist whatever you wanna call him.

History Buff
War was ok. It def. had more dialouge and talking than action. The twist at the end was certainly surprising. It was not was good as i hoped it would be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.