Alien vs Predator: Requiem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_2

I really don't know what to say about this. Everything about HollyWood Benig Crap, movies being made just for the titles Has already been said.

This is just an Addition.

MildPossession
It's an awful title.

Koala MeatPie
Heck With dime a dozen movies like that Youc an go no forever. Why not continue the GodFather Trilogy? Arn't tehre already half a dozen books with the same name? Not All under Mario Puzo's name.

Nope. This is just another reason for me to hate HollyWood and look towards more Independant and European Films.

FistOfThe North
It's a Wiki-title, don't sweat it.

BackFire
A sequel to a terrible film, what do you expect?

Bocaj
Originally posted by BackFire
It was a decent movie better then predator 2 and alien three but they killed off all the characters to quick and only left one alive that was my main complaint.

BackFire
No, it was much worse than either of those. They managed to **** up something that is un-****-upable

bakerboy
Worst of the worst. The first alien vs predator was crap.So, a sequel of a crap movie should be even a bigger crap. What sad. And its a shame, because the first alien was a masterpiece, the second aliens was pretty good and the first predator was very good too.

I agree, thats one of the reasons because im starting hating hollywood and seeing more independient films and european cinema. Too many sequels, remakes , comic adaptations, etc. There are good movies, yeah, but today the filmakers in Hollywood only thinks about the tennaggers .

T.M
No, it was much worse than either of those. They managed to **** up something that is un-****-upable

Agreed yes

AngryManatee
01nbwBUfZTY

Thoughts?

H. S. 6
Garbage.

It'll probably be just like the first.

AngryManatee
I highly doubt that. The first one was pure crap, and that's coming from a fan of both creatures.

First reason why it won't be as bad as the first: It's rated R

ragesRemorse
Looks like a step in the right direction defintely. I just hope that the human element doesnt revolve teenagers as some of the trailer looks.

Darth Vicious
I liked the first one. This one seems better though plus Michelle(Reiko) from 24 is in it. Should be fun to watch.

Dusty
This actually looks a little better, mostly because it'll be rated R.

*knocks on wood*

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Dusty
This actually looks a little better, mostly because it'll be rated R.

*knocks on wood*

I dont go into these kind of movies expecting a compelling storyline or an elaborated twist. I go in expecting to be enterntained and this movie seems that it will do that.

Robtard
Originally posted by AngryManatee
I highly doubt that. The first one was pure crap, and that's coming from a fan of both creatures.

First reason why it won't be as bad as the first: It's rated R

Exactly, about the point of the "R" rating, automatically gives any sci-fi/horror movie an edge.

I didn't think the 1st one was pure crap though, the acting was shitty, the storyline limp, but it was what it was, cheesy/flashy entertainment; it did it's job.

T.M
I so what this to be good.. the first was really bad.. as people have said it having an R rating will help it. it does look pretty cool though.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've seen the trailer. Very good, nice and bloody. I think it'll be better than the first one.

SnakeEyes
Looks much better than the first.

Impediment
It definitely looks more action orientied than the former, I'll say.

That, in my opinion, was the downfall of the first AvP. It was too much story, and not enough action. Especially with the Xenomorphs against the Yautja. (Yes, I'm an AvP nerd.)

Vladimir
this one looks sick..hated the first avp, i am a huge avp game fan so this one is surely looking good...kinda like the games. cant wait now..

colonelf40
This looks way better than AVP1 coz in this trailer ive seen around 15+ people get killed so far and it looks more scary than AVP1

When is it comming out in the UK and ive notice thats there is no CGI and that sucks IMHO

BTW - That blonde b!tch got seriously f*cked at 1:30!

coolmovies
It was supposed to come out this month in the uk

Vinny Valentine
I'd see it.

MildPossession
Of course it looks better than the first, anything is better than the first.

Saw this trailer yesterday, can't wait.

Release dates are suppose to be December for America, and January for the UK, can't remember the exact days.

T.M
25th of December for US I think... 4th of January here in the UK.

MildPossession
Cheers, not long to wait then.

T.M
Not long at all.

Röland
This looks awesome.

coolmovies
is that january 2008 ?

Discos
Bit of a mixed reviewer I am for this movie, loved both Predetor movies but all 4 Alien movies was just boring for me.

I did enjoy the first AvP, although it did take a long time to get to the action, I did like the storyline to go with it, but for more diehard fans I guess they just want gore than storyline.

From this trailer, I think the movie will kick ass. Doesn't seem there is a side the humans can be on - none of the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend",....everybody gets slashed here.

Also I see they have went back to the routes of original Predator with it being around the woods in the middle of nowhere trying to invovle the army.

Its gonna be a free for all bloodbath in this movie, Government tries to "contain" the threat and some humans won't get out.

Discos - can't wait

T.M
Originally posted by coolmovies
is that january 2008 ?

Yeah 2008

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/releaseinfo

Discos
^^ a few good movies are released during the start of the year, do ya think AvP2 will be #1 in either the UK and US boxoffices?

I'm gonna say #1 in UK, I'll have a look at what other movies will be roundabout the start of the year.

pr1983
Originally posted by AngryManatee
01nbwBUfZTY

Thoughts?

that actually looks alright... i like the 'modern day' feel more here than i did in avp...

Discos
is there a plot to the film guys?

Is this following from the previous movie? Where the alien got into the Predator and leaped out at the end when the Predators left Earth to go back into space.

Is this explained?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Discos
is there a plot to the film guys?

Is this following from the previous movie? Where the alien got into the Predator and leaped out at the end when the Predators left Earth to go back into space.

Is this explained?

Most horror movies don't have plots.

Discos
meh, usually have some sort of storyline, even if it is the cliche of "3 teenage friends go camping, not knowing its where camp crystal lake resides....and a certain Jason Vorhees is bored of NOT KILLING"

T.M
^^ a few good movies are released during the start of the year, do ya think AvP2 will be #1 in either the UK and US boxoffices?

I'm gonna say #1 in UK, I'll have a look at what other movies will be roundabout the start of the year.

I would say it has a good chance.. I don't know what other films will be released though.

steverules
Looks soo cool, I think I saw the predalien in the somewhere but I might be wrong. I can't wait to see this on Christmas day.

T.M
The Predalien is in there.

steverules
Thought so

akema
This one looks like it may be better than the first. It won me over with the R rating.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hopefully this one will have a lot of blood and guts.

Discos
saw the advert in the cinema last week so its creeping up for its release over here.

Definatly seeing it as soon as, then I'll spill my 2pence worth

History Buff
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Most horror movies don't have plots.

LOL, Very true. There wasn't much of plot for the Avs.P1. From the looks ofthe trailer i'd say its your basic small town folks revolt against an alien invader then are backed up by the military who are working with a scientist that happens to want to "study" this alien life form....End Credits.

Discos
aaah the military, never away from the action.

Menetnashté
Looks awesome, I wasn't crazy about the last one this one looks better though nonstop action in the trailer. But I don't get it, it looks like military is involved in this, how will they explain the company never having known about the aliens with all this going on. My only regret is we don't have Danny Glover to come save the day

quanchi112
i hope the second one is much better than the first one.

damn paul anderson and his alien fanboyism.

he really screwed it up and downplayed the predators while making the aliens more powerful than id ever seen them.

quanchi112

Discos
^^ not likely, haha the Gib

Menetnashté
Originally posted by quanchi112
i hope the danny glover comment was a joke.

ps maybe we could have ther other half of the lethal weapon team and have mel gibson show up in this one.
Yeah it was, I hated Danny Glover being able to beat a Predator, when Arnold barely could.

Losty
looks good

ragesRemorse

not in america. It might be number 1 for its release week. Even though there is a high cult following of these two genre's. The franchise has aged to much to keep fresh in the memory of the general public. Coming off the dissapointment of the first one, many casual fans will be slkeptical enough to avoid it in the theater

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Here is a brand new trailer and poster.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13010.html

http://www.movieweb.com/news/64/22864.php

D-Wag
Awesome Trailer
http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gam...railergameswide

I cant wait to see it

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Introducing.......Predalien....

http://www.movieweb.com/news/22/23922.php

Blax_Hydralisk
Wow.. that looks strange. The head doesn't fit well with the body.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by quanchi112
i hope the danny glover comment was a joke.

ps maybe we could have ther other half of the lethal weapon team and have mel gibson show up in this one. Nah, Danny Glover is "Getting to old for this shit"

Blax_Hydralisk
I honestly don't see why it's bad for Danny Glover to win yet it's good for Arnold to win.

Danny is, in my opinion, just smarter.

Mairuzu
I'll see it definitely, i just want to see Predator kick ass..

Are there two different looking combos of Predator and Alien? cause that looks different from the one in the previews

Doom and Gloom
Well, apparently the movie is going to be Alien vs Predator :Requim. I will probably suck but I plan to see it anyway

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_2

I really don't know what to say about this. Everything about HollyWood Benig Crap, movies being made just for the titles Has already been said.

This is just an Addition.

your bitching over a title?
laughing out loud

How about live free or die hard? Thats a goofy ****ing title, but it says it doesnt take itself serious. The title, survival of the fittest, is actually the title of one of the comic series. Even though, the movie isnt based off of the series. The writers and directors have said they drew much inspiration from the expanded literature of these characters.

Personally, i have low expectations for this movie. Just like any other movie, this one is being made for money. unlike most movies, this one is geared towards a niche audience and specific fan base. Im all for fan movies being made. The title, says it all for me. Id rather have survival of the fittest than requiem. WTF is Requiem? This is a movie about two popularized sci-fi monsters beating the shit out of each other.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by bakerboy
.So, a sequel of a crap movie should be even a bigger crap.

Indiana jones 3 followed up a shit sequel roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Indiana jones 3 followed up a shit sequel roll eyes (sarcastic)

How was Indy 3 shit

and also how do you know indy 4 will be shit when they have'nt released much footage only pictures ??

Impediment
I cant wait to see this.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Kazenji
How was Indy 3 shit

His point was that Indy 2 sucked arse (Which it did.) but that doesn't mean Indy 3 had to suck, just because it was a sequel to a sucky movie.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
His point was that Indy 2 sucked arse (Which it did.) but that doesn't mean Indy 3 had to suck, just because it was a sequel to a sucky movie.

yes, thats the point i was making. I also meant to imply to a previous poster whom suggested that because a previous installment sucked, any movie that follows most assuredly will

JediSamuraiMRB
Just saw the first few minutes of this. I loved the first one, but judging from what I just saw, AVP: R will rock and be a huge success.

Losty
cant wait for this

SnakeEyes
First one kind of sucked, as many of you already have stated.

Hopefully this one will be quite a bit better. I don't have high expectations, but from what I've seen, it'll kick more ass than the first one.

=Tired Hiker=
I finally saw a trailer for this, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Impediment
As am I. This looks to be much better than the lame first AvP.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Just saw the first few minutes of this. I loved the first one, but judging from what I just saw, AVP: R will rock and be a huge success.

Indeed, the first 5 minutes of it are on the net, and it's pretty impressive. Might just be the flick that AvP 1 never dared to be, the real deal.

LeeLondon
I was surprised that I enjoyed Alien vs Predator. i guess I had low expectations of it and was very entertained in the end. This sequel however, looks like crap. Even the trailer was boring. You need to have a good story to really engage the audience and this unfortunately looks like any other high school horror movie, except with Aliens and Predators thrown in. A shameful waste of a great franchise.

T.M
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Indeed, the first 5 minutes of it are on the net, and it's pretty impressive. Might just be the flick that AvP 1 never dared to be, the real deal.

I watched the first 5 minutes earlier. looks pretty cool.

Estacado
First 5 minutes....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnQyHC86I8

Losty
looks crazy!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by LeeLondon
I was surprised that I enjoyed Alien vs Predator. i guess I had low expectations of it and was very entertained in the end. This sequel however, looks like crap. Even the trailer was boring. You need to have a good story to really engage the audience and this unfortunately looks like any other high school horror movie, except with Aliens and Predators thrown in. A shameful waste of a great franchise.

What? The Alien and Predator movies never had good stories in the first place. They're action/horror movies.

Estacado
WTF?
The 2nd film looks 10 times better the the 1st one goin by the trailers and 5 min vid.

LeeLondon
I would beg to differ. The original Alien film was incredible. Lot's of tension because Ridley Scott used the classic horror flick technique of keeping the alien out of sight. It's your imagination that freaks you out and thus creates the tension. Admittedly there wasn't a great amount of story to it, but there were CHARACTERS. This first 5 minutes is boring. i don't give a shit about the kid and his dad out hunting because I dont know their backgrounds and I'm sure that every character in this film will be disposable. Story creates background to the characters.

Menetnashté
I would beg to differ. The original Alien film was incredible. Lot's of tension because Ridley Scott used the classic horror flick technique of keeping the alien out of sight. It's your imagination that freaks you out and thus creates the tension. Admittedly there wasn't a great amount of story to it, but there were CHARACTERS. This first 5 minutes is boring. i don't give a shit about the kid and his dad out hunting because I dont know their backgrounds and I'm sure that every character in this film will be disposable. Story creates background to the characters.
You're not supposed to care about the kid and his dad it wasn't the point. It was just the beginning of things to come, and how was the first five minutes boring? I'm a huge Alien and Predator fan and I wasn't even that crazy about AVP. But this looks awesome, it looks to be what AVP should have been. AVP had like 2 fight scenes, while both good not exactly what we were hoping for.

Menetnashté
Oh and in the first five minutes did all those preds die on the ship from impact? I really wanted to see the Elder fight.

zbucsz
maybe the elder wasent on it cuz if he would the movie would end in the first 5 minutes and i wish http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/zcaddyz/ff.jpg was in it he'll kill them all with his words ?YOUR UGLY, YOUR SHAPED FUNNY, AND U CANT COOK"

Shadow Spider
The Elder probably left on a different ship.

Menetnashté
the way the first five minutes went down it seemed as though it was taking place only a short while after the first film, meaning the elder and the twenty or so other preds should've still been present on the ship.

endrict

Well good for you that you don't like the trailer or the movie.

Shadow Spider

Darth Martin
Planning to see it later on this week. So who's seen it and what dop ya'll think?

Estacado
New scenes.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOQiZFvtdqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3u2gGWaiE&feature=related

spidey-dude
i cant wait to see it gonna wait a week though cause i know its gonna be packed at the theaters this week. or maybe il download it soon

JediSamuraiMRB
Seeing this on friday.. I'll talk more about it then.

Menetnashté
Saw it this afternoon, great movie. Easily ten times better than the last. And we can be expecting an AVP 3 if you were wondering.

Mairuzu
Very good movie

zbucsz
did they show the elder or was he not in the ship

ragesRemorse
This movie is triumphant cheese. Nearly every aspect of the film is gloriously awful. Coming off of a sub par predecessor, AvP, AvP2 doesnt learn from prior mistakes. With an ambitious plot, the original AvP tried to be great. Focusing to heavily on story. The original failed to deliver what the fans wanted...,sufficient aliens and predator screen time. The movie also suffered from a poor script and below average acting. The action was, however, fairly entertaining and suspenseful.
AvP2 focused primarily on Aliens and Predator screen time. Story, acting, pacing and everything else that goes into the development of a movie took a back seat. As a loyal fan of both the alien and predator. I had low expectations of the films quality but was looking forward to satisfying action sequences. Sadly, i must report, the action sequences were distorted and uninspired. When you are able to clearly see what is going on, the action is typical and stale. Although, the costume designs were stellar. The special effects may have been better than the first installment, however, Anderson used the effects at his disposal in a much more creative and thrilling manner.

The characters are recycled stereotypes fit for a teen soap opera. The action consists of tight shots filmed in the dark. Nothing in the film makes much sense or holds consistency. I went into the theater with very low expectations and came out of the theater more disappointed than i had expected. As a fan of these two icons. I am border line offended. Had these two franchises not become a running joke of poor filmmaking. I would be offended. It was good to see the Aliens and Predator back on the big screen though. I did have some fun with the movie and im sure many people will have much more fun than i did. Leave your brain and standards at home for this shit fest

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
What? The Alien and Predator movies never had good stories in the first place. They're action/horror movies.

The original Alien was a very creative and original story. Aliens was a well realized sequel that expanded on the original seamlessly. The story of the first two Alien movies are deep and engrossing. both movies have some of the most memorable characters in all of Sci-Fi. Just because a movie is horror or action, does not mean the story cannot be intelligent. Why do you insinuate that horror and action is bound to mindless entertainment?

Estacado
Seriously who gives a shit about the story in an AVP movie?
All you need is action cause everyone wants to see Aliens and Predators fighting nothing more......

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Estacado
All you need is action cause everyone wants to see Aliens and Predators fighting nothing more...... Thats what I'm sayin, to **** with the plot more fight scenes. Why couldn't they have made it longer.

Robtard
Watched a late show last night, it was alright, for what it was. Bad acting, gore and explosion, all expected.

Mairuzu
i had low expectations so thats most likely why i thought it was good

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
i had low expectations so thats most likely why i thought it was good

With the title 'Alien Vs Predator', I hope you weren't expecting an Oscar worthy film.

Mairuzu
why would i expect an oscar worthy film when i just said i had low expectations

Robtard
why would i expect an oscar worthy film when i just said i had low expectations

That's what I am saying...

Mairuzu
right.

JackieCD
The movie looks SO stupid. Not worth the money.

Myth
Its the filming of the first Alien movies that were great. The commercials made this look way more promising than the first AVP, but I guess the verdict is that it doesn't compare. Well, I'll still see it in theaters anyway.

Myth
You know, when I think about it, I didn't like the first one because it pits these 2 against each other and the people were just "to the side." The movies are best when you fear solely for the human characters, because those are the ones we identify with. Nobody can really identify with an alien or a predator, so who cares when they are fighting each other? Its when the humans are in danger that makes it interesting.

Estacado
Originally posted by Myth
You know, when I think about it, I didn't like the first one because it pits these 2 against each other and the people were just "to the side." The movies are best when you fear solely for the human characters, because those are the ones we identify with. Nobody can really identify with an alien or a predator, so who cares when they are fighting each other? Its when the humans are in danger that makes it interesting.
The title is Alien vs Predator. no expression

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Myth

While the whole human aspect may suit certain films, I'd personally like the AVP movies a lot better if there were no humans at all; just Aliens and Predators duking it out for 2 hours. That, to me, would be better than a failed attempt at putting humans in the film.

I liked the first AVP, that was all good. But this one was a bit crappy. The effects and fighting were cool but the ending kinda sucked. I hope the 3rd is better.

zbucsz
ahhh avp is on tv right now wonder what happend wit that chick goddamn pred gave he a scar lol

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by zbucsz
ahhh avp is on tv right now wonder what happend wit that chick goddamn pred gave he a scar lol

I don't think she has anything to do with the sequel..

Myth
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
While the whole human aspect may suit certain films, I'd personally like the AVP movies a lot better if there were no humans at all; just Aliens and Predators duking it out for 2 hours. That, to me, would be better than a failed attempt at putting humans in the film.

You might, but I think more people in the general public would like it the way I described because of the whole being able to relate thing.

Estacado - I know that. Obviously, they would change the title to something more like "Alien and Predator".

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Estacado

ummmm...,ME confused

Something better than dog shit would be nice

Estacado
I guess you are alone.......

ragesRemorse
Thats fine. Id rather be alone watching aliens on my 52 inch 1080 MP lcd flat screen with the bose home theater sound system rather than watching the tripe that is Aliens vs predator 2 in a theater full of disappointed fans. Fans, whom are only paying to see yet, ANOTHER, AvP movie for a brief moment of nostalgia

The Predator
Pfft, let's face it, good Alien/Predator stories ended with Alien 3(Even then, Fox screwed it up into being a below average movie before the dumbasses fixed it with the Assembly Cut of the movie) and Predator 2(Still have no blessed idea why the hell this movie was bashed when it was first released, I personally thought it was better than the first).

Now we, unfortunately, we get crap like Alien: Resurrection, AVP and AVP-R.

I with rages on this one, definitely better off watching Alien 1-3 or Predator 1-2 over that garbage....

Mairuzu
as long as i get to see predator period.. im happy

JediSamuraiMRB
I see this 2morrow. I look forward to seeing some good violence and a decent story.

The Predator
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I see this 2morrow. I look forward to seeing some good violence and a decent story.

1. Maybe.

2. laughing

mr.smiley
Saw it last night.

It was by far not even close to being a masterpiece or anything,but I don't think it was as bad the critics made it out to be either.I thought it was cool that they actualy showed the Predators home world.That was neat.The action had some good moments,but sometimes the Predator suffered from what I like to call "BATMAN syndrome",in which he moved around too stiff in the outfit.

But for the love of God I can't understand the damn ending.Can anyone enlighten me?I don't what to give anything away,but anyone who saw it knows what i'm talking about.

Mairuzu
you mean the part where the guy brings the thing to the woman

Blax_Hydralisk
People whine too much.

Good plot and diologue do not make a good movie. Not always.

mr.smiley
you mean the part where the guy brings the thing to the woman

Yeah.What was that about?
Is that releated to one of the Predator comics or something?
It came out of left field and I didn't get it.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by mr.smiley
It came out of left field and I didn't get it. ill let you know right now in a PM

Darth Martin
Originally posted by The Predator
Pfft, let's face it, good Alien/Predator stories ended with Alien 3(Even then, Fox screwed it up into being a below average movie before the dumbasses fixed it with the Assembly Cut of the movie) and Predator 2(Still have no blessed idea why the hell this movie was bashed when it was first released, I personally thought it was better than the first).

Now we, unfortunately, we get crap like Alien: Resurrection, AVP and AVP-R.

I with rages on this one, definitely better off watching Alien 1-3 or Predator 1-2 over that garbage.... I know man, Predator 2 was aweswome. It did everything a sequel is supposed to do. It added a whole nother dimension to the character. Hence the honor code, weapons, ranks, and XENOMORPHS. If Predator 2 hadn't of come out we might not even have the backstory of the to races or even have the AvP films.

Blax_Hydralisk
I preferred Predator 2 to one as well.

Darth Martin
Idk if it was better but it was equally aweswome.

Menetnashté
It came out of left field and I didn't get it.
Was there some hidden purpose to that or something? I just figured it was like the birth of the company.

Mairuzu

Menetnashté
yea, already explained it to him in PM, you should know right?
All I got from it was that it was the birth of the company, anything else I must've missed.

Mairuzu
well, maybe not the birth, but the technology, and all that outerspace colonies in the alien movies pretty much came from it

JediSamuraiMRB
Just got back from seeing AVP-R. Good movie. Fair story, but still good. Ian Whyte is great once again. Can't wait to see the final numbers on sunday, I have a feeling that this will make close to if not more than $35 million. That means another one from The Strause Bros. could be on the way.

Darth Martin
$35 Million for the weekend gross right?

Mairuzu
si

snoopdogg
well, maybe not the birth, but the technology, and all that outerspace colonies in the alien movies pretty much came from it That's what I thought also. Because of the Weyland-Yutani Corp. in the Alien movies.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Darth Martin
$35 Million for the weekend gross right?

Yes. On Christmas AVP-R made almost $10 million. Its projected to make around $21 million friday thru sunday for a total around $35-39 million.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That's what I thought also. Because of the Weyland-Yutani Corp. in the Alien movies. its true

Shadow Spider
Saw it last night.

It was by far not even close to being a masterpiece or anything,but I don't think it was as bad the critics made it out to be either.I thought it was cool that they actualy showed the Predators home world.That was neat.The action had some good moments,but sometimes the Predator suffered from what I like to call "BATMAN syndrome",in which he moved around too stiff in the outfit.

But for the love of God I can't understand the damn ending.Can anyone enlighten me?I don't what to give anything away,but anyone who saw it knows what i'm talking about.

The girl at the end was Ms. Yutani, if you remember the previous Alien movies you'd know the company was called "Weyland-Yutani". So by giving the Predator gun to Ms. Yutani shows how the Yutani half of the company would come to know about the Xenomorphs. (If somebody already explained this I appologize for repeating anything)

snoopdogg
My Alien movie knowledge is a little rusty. But you're saying the Weyland-Yutani already knew about the Xenomorph's in the first Alien movie?

Scythe
Originally posted by Shadow Spider
The girl at the end was Ms. Yutani, if you remember the previous Alien movies you'd know the company was called "Weyland-Yutani". So by giving the Predator gun to Ms. Yutani shows how the Yutani half of the company would come to know about the Xenomorphs. (If somebody already explained this I appologize for repeating anything)

What's a Xenomorph?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Scythe
What's a Xenomorph? they are the aliens

The Predator
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I know man, Predator 2 was aweswome. It did everything a sequel is supposed to do. It added a whole nother dimension to the character. Hence the honor code, weapons, ranks, and XENOMORPHS. If Predator 2 hadn't of come out we might not even have the backstory of the to races or even have the AvP films. Yeah, P2 is better than P1 by far. Too bad the dumbasses back when it was released couldn't look past the 'Arnie's not in it' to see what a really great movie it is.

Saw AVP-R. Not bad, couldve been much better, but couldve been a lot worse. Still, it's better than the first AVP by far.

Shadow Spider
Originally posted by snoopdogg
My Alien movie knowledge is a little rusty. But you're saying the Weyland-Yutani already knew about the Xenomorph's in the first Alien movie?
Yes, they did. Thats why Ash (The Synthetic Android) was ordered to protect it. I'm not sure if they knew the Xenomorphs were on the planet, but once Ash found out he made sure to keep it alive. This of course, led to all but Ripley being killed.
(If you have any questions about the Alien movies feel free to ask smile )

Darth Hord
This one was a better then A.V.P. It was worth the money for the 3 bags of popcorn and soda I was forced into buying.

snoopdogg
Yes, they did. Thats why Ash (The Synthetic Android) was ordered to protect it. I'm not sure if they knew the Xenomorphs were on the planet, but once Ash found out he made sure to keep it alive. This of course, led to all but Ripley being killed.
(If you have any questions about the Alien movies feel free to ask smile ) So basically it's all as I suspected. All of the movies are basically now tied together.

Shadow Spider
Yeah pretty much. The only other thing would've been Predator 2, but that can be connected to Predator 1.

Darth Hord
I'm curious to hear what you guys think. But my friend has been wondering if we will ever get a "war between the aliens and the predators. After seeing this movie I told him it was pretty unlikely.

snoopdogg
Yeah pretty much. The only other thing would've been Predator 2, but that can be connected to Predator 1. Well in Predator 2 we see a Alien skull in the trophy case in the ship at the end.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>