Tom approached to star as Superman at the JLA movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hermione7

hermione7
Look at this on the IESB forum aswered by R Sanchez

Q: Please tell me that you have this on good authority and arent going to wind up crushing millions of fanboy/girl's dreams?

Also just for clarification, are you saying Welling was merely approached? or is it a done deal? Because at some points in the article/TV spot it sounds like both.

Robert Sanchez:Hi,
First off I don't make up rumors, we've been dead on all of our recent scoops. from Len Wiseman developing Escape from New York and Gears of War, to Stephen Sommers directing GI Joe, Stuart Beattie writing GI Joe.

When we broke that Warner Bros. was aiming to get Justice League to start production in early of 2008 we had tons of fanboys saying that we were wrong. The LA Times just confirmed our story.

In regards to Welling playing Superman, we've been hearing this story from our source for two weeks. I've been hearing about all the political drama between Nolan's camp and WB execs and then a couple of days ago I got the call in regards to Bats and Supes.

"Welling will be Superman in JLA, how awesome is that? and they are looking at ......... for Batman" I was told by my source. He did ask me to sit on the Batman story for a few days for additional info.

I asked how would they work around the Smallville schedule and I was told that the big boys at DC and WB and Smallville producers were going to work with the schedule.

Besides I also confirmed with other sources and I heard the same thing in regards to Supes, even Clint over at Moviehole.net has heard the rumblings regarding Welling.

I trust my source, they have been right about all my scoops and they are part of the industry, high up in the industry if you get my drift.

In regards to Alfred Gough comments, it's weird for him to say something like that. That Welling is committed trough the 8th season. My response is cool but he has done other films such as The Fog, the Cheaper by the Dozen films so I don't understand his thoughts on this.

The other question that I keep getting from readers are in regards to other Smallville cast members. I really don't know, haven't heard anything but I am sure to check around early next week.

Other questions that I have been receiving are "what do I think about Welling as Supes?"

Not my number one choice, I think that Bale and Routh should do JLA but I understand what WB is doing with JLA.

-------------------------
please let there be a durance in the movie

hermione7
some news

Mr. Welling is signed for eight seasons of SMALLVILLE along with fellow castmates E. Durance and J. Glover, I'm told. CW will decide if the show will continue past the seventh season, but producers Gough & Millar have said it is their desire to go eight if they can. Welling's involvement with the JLA film shouldn't affect the show beyond some schedule juggling, but the producers may simply be unwilling to make the necessary accommodations in order for Welling to accept the part.

Kal of Krypton
SWEETNESS!

~JP~
Its also not true. Gough already confirmed that it was a rumor which is why I didnt post it to begin with.

Kal of Krypton
awwww

hermione7
Craig posted in k-site that he contacted Gough and Gough repeated to him the same thing he told superman home page, that Tom will not be playing superman in this movie. If it is true or not, I don't know, but it is really weird that Gough keep repeating this if this is not true.
Tom also hasn't come out and denied it.

I'm still waiting for more news this week.

on the IESB forum.. R.Sanchez really confirmed it.. seems like he's sure about it

here's the link of the forum

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=170&func=view&catid=20&id=103

but i'm gonna be excited if there is s8 of sv..
Only Welling and Durance yay!

hermione7

~JP~
Originally posted by hermione7
Craig posted in k-site that he contacted Gough and Gough repeated to him the same thing he told superman home page, that Tom will not be playing superman in this movie. If it is true or not, I don't know, but it is really weird that Gough keep repeating this if this is not true.
Tom also hasn't come out and denied it.

I'm still waiting for more news this week.

on the IESB forum.. R.Sanchez really confirmed it.. seems like he's sure about it

here's the link of the forum

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=170&func=view&catid=20&id=103

but i'm gonna be excited if there is s8 of sv..
Only Welling and Durance yay!

First of all, Tom is notorious for not saying ANYthing about anything so he's not going to be any help. Also, Im going with the producer and Craig. Generally Craigs got the facts.

Kon-El
These are great news, i mean if Tom is gonna star in JLA movie that would be great. But i would prefer Routh and Bale to star Superman and Batman, never the less i'm looking forward to seeing that movie it going to be great.
But one question why cant Bale star in the movie, shooting of the Dark Knight will be over soon and they said that filming of the JLA will start early 2008?

hermione7
Christian Bale will not play Batman in the Justice League film rumored
for a 2009 release. In an interview with IESB, he simply responded
"no," when asked if he was approached to for the JLA film. He then
continued to express his feelings about the possible recasting of
Batman for the film, stating...more at Edit Suite 8

"We’ve done something very good with our Batman, so I would not do anything that wasn’t in keeping with what we were doing,” Bale explained. Reminded that “Justice League."

“No, that’d be a whole different world. And if it wasn’t part of world, then it wouldn’t work.”

link

hermione7
gonna post what Steve posted in SupermanHomepage forum

Steve Younis
Guys, relax. I'm NOT saying Tom Welling won't be Superman! I'm just telling you what Al Gough had to say about it.

manofsteelkalel, for your information Rob Sanchez at IESB.net and I are good friends. We were discussing this whole thing tonight and are working together to find out what's really going on. This isn't an IESB vs SH thing. We're both trying to find out the truth behind what's going on. We're working together on this.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3833

LA Times Confirms WB Aiming Justice League for Pre-Strike Start!
Written by Robert Sanchez
Friday, 24 August 2007
For all you naysayers out there and you know who you are, the Los Angeles Times has confirmed IESB’s report that Warner Bros. is aiming Justice League for a pre-strike ’08 production start date.

We’ve been having a pretty good batting average even without the steroids. I love when the trades or established media confirm stories that we’ve been reporting on for weeks or sometimes even months.

Here is what the LA Times is reporting about the Justice League movie:

“ ’JLA’ is but one of many projects caught in an industrywide scramble to assemble films that can be completed before a potential talent strike shuts down film production next summer, according to interviews with two dozen studio executives, agents, producers and screenwriters.”

The publication continues:

“To beat the strike deadlines, the studios must start filming by March 1. While some high-profile projects are coming together quickly, other prominent movies – ‘JLA,’ Will Ferrell's ‘Land of the Lost,’ Matt Damon's ‘The Fighter,’ Eddie Murphy's ‘Fantasy Island’ -- must clear logistical, financial and political hurdles to move forward.

A bit further:

“Regardless, Warner Bros., which declined to comment, needs to hire a ‘JLA’ director immediately to guide any further rewrites and attract actors. As it is, numerous directors have been passing on the project, although ‘Happy Feet's’ George Miller may end up in the chair. Like any last-minute rescue, time is of the essence.”

Although, I have to correct something, our WB source is saying that only a few directors were ever approached for the project and George Miller was always one of their first choices. We expect a trade announcement confirming his attachment any day now and casting should officially commence immediately following.

Just as a side note, today, the IESB posted an article announcing Tom Welling as the potential JLA Superman. We’ve gotten a few emails about the Supermanhomepage debunking. As we updated in the Tom Welling article, Supermanhomepage.com is saying Al Gough says no, Welling is not involved in the JLA movie. But, I am telling you, we have triple checked this out and all indications are that Tom Welling in fact is a go on WB’s side.

Believe me, the IESB will be the first to post a retraction on a story if we are proved wrong, but right now, this is what we are hearing. We have been sitting on the Tom Welling info for almost a week and finally felt we had gathered enough back-up to post it.

Currently, we’ve got a lead on who is being looked at for Batman but we need some further info and confirmation before we announce it!

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!

~JP~
Now see, what did I tell ya. stick out tongue

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=11730

hermione7
haha.. yup.. rumors..hate IESB smile
well looking forward to s8..

DARKLORDCAEDUS

~JP~
Did you even read past the first post?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by ~JP~
Did you even read past the first post?

Tom Welling turned down Supes in Supes Returns. He could play Supes in the JLA film. But with all the rampant rumors about the JLA film nothing is set in stone as to whether or not Welling will do it. Welling makes a good Supes on the small screen, but his track record for the big screen stinks. That will be taken into consideration when are xasting the role which is being done as I am typing this. The JLA casting is taking place right in varios cities. I also read a rumor that Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal will be playing The Wonder Twins, but that was false. Whoever plays Supes in the JLA movie I hope does the role justice.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Tom Welling turned down Supes in Supes Returns. He could play Supes in the JLA film. But with all the rampant rumors about the JLA film nothing is set in stone as to whether or not Welling will do it. Welling makes a good Supes on the small screen, but his track record for the big screen stinks. That will be taken into consideration when are xasting the role which is being done as I am typing this. The JLA casting is taking place right in varios cities. I also read a rumor that Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal will be playing The Wonder Twins, but that was false. Whoever plays Supes in the JLA movie I hope does the role justice.

Dude. CBTD 2 and the Fog were freakin awesome. His being there just made it better.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dude. CBTD 2 and the Fog were freakin awesome. His being there just made it better.

Those two movies weren't good at all. CBTD 2 wasn't all that funny and The Fog remake never should have to made.

~JP~
Tom Welling turned down Supes in Supes Returns.

Wrong, Welling was never even asked to play Supes in SR. He also said he would have declined had he been asked. The man has zero interest in donning the suit.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Wrong, Welling was never even asked to play Supes in SR. He also said he would have declined had he been asked. The man has zero interest in donning the suit.

Thats not what I had read. If that was the case then there would not be any rumors about Welling donning the tights in the JLA movie.

~JP~
There are always rumors about this, but Welling has stated it several times in interviews that he isnt insterested in wearing the suit.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
There are always rumors about this, but Welling has stated it several times in interviews that he isnt insterested in wearing the suit.

Who would you want to play Supes in the proposed JLA film?

~JP~
Er doesnt matter to me as Im not really a Supes fan, just a Smallville fan.

pr1983
Thats not what I had read. If that was the case then there would not be any rumors about Welling donning the tights in the JLA movie.

it's a lack of options... routh and welling are pretty much the only ones the producers will consider, but routh has already been counted out, and as Jp said, welling doesnt want it, and thats fine imo, he's too young looking anyways, and the clark he plays is pretty far removed from the clark we'd see in a JLA movie...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Its been confirmed that Tom Welling will not be Superman in the JLA movie. Apparently Welling WAS offered the role.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=29090

~JP~
I never said he wasnt offered the JLA role. What I said was that he wasnt going to do it. And thank god he isnt.

hermione7
wanna ask.. what is Tom's reason why he doesn't want to wear the superman suit... anyone

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by hermione7
wanna ask.. what is Tom's reason why he doesn't want to wear the superman suit... anyone

I don't know the official reason why they couldn't get anything done. Tom obviously is a great Superman.

Mirai Gohan
He doesn't want to be typecast.

ArthurSerty
<a href="https://vulkan-online.live/">Вулкан</a>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.