Revanchism????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hord
I was just on wookieepedia and saw these:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchism
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchist
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchist_leader

So are they trying to give Revan atleast part of a back story now? The Revanchist leader's face is not shown we don't know what Revan's real face is. His apprentice Alek looses his hair and he is fairly tall both qualities that Malak has and notice the name similarities in both.

Your thoughts please!!!

Janus Marius
I imagine that the comic series is stringing along fans with well-placed hints at Revan and Malak, but that they won't really touch on either for fear of drawing Drew's wrath. And I hope they don't, because nothing in those comics interests me.

Swirly Girl
Revanchism? Whenever I hear that word, I get the image of angry Frenchmen bitching about Alsace-Lorraine float into my head.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I was just on wookieepedia and saw these:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchism
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchist
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revanchist_leader

So are they trying to give Revan atleast part of a back story now? The Revanchist leader's face is not shown we don't know what Revan's real face is. His apprentice Alek looses his hair and he is fairly tall both qualities that Malak has and notice the name similarities in both.

Your thoughts please!!!

Yep, looks like it.
Alek? Wow, there's some creativity....

Originally posted by Janus Marius
I imagine that the comic series is stringing along fans with well-placed hints at Revan and Malak, but that they won't really touch on either for fear of drawing Drew's wrath. And I hope they don't, because nothing in those comics interests me.

The one comic that I bought seemed alright, but was rather uninspired at second viewing.

Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Revanchism? Whenever I hear that word, I get the image of angry Frenchmen bitching about Alsace-Lorraine float into my head.

laughing out loud

Atticus
are they hinting at kotor 3?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Atticus
are they hinting at kotor 3?

no

Atticus
yeah its probably too late oh well

Darth Hord
yeah its probably too late oh well

what for them to make it? i doubt it and even if they didn't make a kotor 3 game i wouldnt be surprised if a book was made (probably by drew)

And now let's get back on track it seems to me that alek and his master are looking like more and more to be revan and malak. Mind you they are participating in the war (by scouting so far it seems and trying to find support) before the jedi officially entered and that would only make sense for the 2 of them to be involved prior to the official jedi entry. Also of note if the 2 do turn out to be Revan and Malak then it could mean the 2 of the did change their names(or atleast malak). Alek becomes Malak, and the "Revanchist leader" might change his name to Revan but we still don't know his official name.

Janus Marius
Now that you put the words side by side like that, it does look like a name-change deal. Perhaps they are one and the same, though it baffles me as to why Malak would be referred to as such by the Jedi Order, and why Revan would take Malak as his padawan.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Now that you put the words side by side like that, it does look like a name-change deal. Perhaps they are one and the same, though it baffles me as to why Malak would be referred to as such by the Jedi Order, and why Revan would take Malak as his padawan.

Yeah that's is one thing that bothers me is if when he became a sith or possibly during the mando. wars he changed his name. By it could be like how yoda and obiwan call anakin as vader in the OT. And it doesn't surprise if revan did malak as his apprentice even though they ar close in age. Maybe by this point Revan is corrupted by the darkside. I believe it was Vrook Lamar who said that the cave on dantooine could have corrupted them early. Or maybe he alek could call the revanchist leader( me referring to him as revan) his master for him teaching him this philosophy or whatever it is. Or Revan is teaching him a new view of the force.

Allankles
Yeah that's is one thing that bothers me is if when he became a sith or possibly during the mando. wars he changed his name. By it could be like how yoda and obiwan call anakin as vader in the OT. And it doesn't surprise if revan did malak as his apprentice even though they ar close in age. Maybe by this point Revan is corrupted by the darkside. I believe it was Vrook Lamar who said that the cave on dantooine could have corrupted them early. Or maybe he alek could call the revanchist leader( me referring to him as revan) his master for him teaching him this philosophy or whatever it is. Or Revan is teaching him a new view of the force.

Also, the fact that Revan and Malak were not master and apprentice during their time as Jedi. It is only when they became Sith that they adopted a mentor-apprentice relationship, otherwise they were peers before that. As far as we can tell they are both Jedi and Alek at least, we know hasn't fallen to the darkside.

This isn't them, though if it is, we can say the established story has been altered.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Allankles
Also, the fact that Revan and Malak were not master and apprentice during their time as Jedi. It is only when they became Sith that they adopted a mentor-apprentice relationship, otherwise they were peers before that. As far as we can tell they are both Jedi and Alek at least, we know hasn't fallen to the darkside.

This isn't them, though if it is, we can say the established story has been altered.

but technically (and im saying this as if those 2 r rvena and malak) we never found out when they actually fell to the darkside. And vrook lamar said that they could have been corrupted on their time on dantooine while in a cave there. And like i said it is possible that alel could be referring to him as "master" due this revanchism movement not referring him to being a sith master yet. And also not that alek started out with hair and lost while he was captive and he might have even grown taller during that time through the experiments on him and malak is noted as being tall. And when you add that on top of the name similarity of Alek 2 Malak and both had hooded masters that participated in the mandalorian wars and have views that are different then that of conventional jedi.

Also of note is that now carth onasi and saul karath are in getting a backstory and they are 2 major characters in kotor so it wouldnt surprise me if they do it to others...

Atticus
what for them to make it? i doubt it and even if they didn't make a kotor 3 game i wouldnt be surprised if a book was made (probably by drew)

And now let's get back on track it seems to me that alek and his master are looking like more and more to be revan and malak. Mind you they are participating in the war (by scouting so far it seems and trying to find support) before the jedi officially entered and that would only make sense for the 2 of them to be involved prior to the official jedi entry. Also of note if the 2 do turn out to be Revan and Malak then it could mean the 2 of the did change their names(or atleast malak). Alek becomes Malak, and the "Revanchist leader" might change his name to Revan but we still don't know his official name.

i meant too late in the history of star wars the kotor comics take place at the battle of ruusian or however you spell it but i havent really read the kotor comics but i know now that i was wrong

but didn't malak already lost his hair when he recruited the exile in kotor 2 and was't revan the main general of the jedi in the mandalrian wars and the hooded jedi was a scout but who knows maybe its one of the trimuvarte but i do know one thing alek looks a hell of a lot like malak alek and he also wheres the signiture red spandex of malak!!eek!

Darth Hord
but didn't malak already lost his hair when he recruited the exile in kotor 2 and was't revan the main general of the jedi in the mandalrian wars and the hooded jedi was a scout but who knows maybe its one of the trimuvarte but i do know one thing alek looks a hell of a lot like malak alek and he also wheres the signiture red spandex of malak!!eek!

He started recruiting actually around this time because the jedi have not officially entered the war yet, right now these two seem to be scouting/trying to find support something which revan and malak did. So it still fits into the kotor continuum since nothing has really conflicted in the timeline of events. And i bet Malak gets the spandex when he becomes the dark lord or during the jedi participation in the mandalorians wars which again, has not occurred yet. If they intend for alek and the revanchist leader to be revan and malak than it would way to obvious.

Atticus
true

Bespin Bart
Alek also has a similar red get-up to Malak, though of course not the very same outfit.

Allankles
As I've said, the only problem with these two being Revan and Malak is that they are two Jedi recognized as master and apprentice. Alek is not corrupted I can tell that because I've followed the comics. Secondly the Revanchist leader is Alek's master or mentor, which is obviously not consistent with Kotor's potrayal of Revan and Malak being peers, age mates and friends.

Personally I find the Revanchist leader somewhat cheezy and hope he isn't Revan.

Melcórë
But if it isn't Revan and Malak, then there will be a direct contradiction with the KotOR-games. They state that it was Revan who lead the Jedi into the war, not that Revan took the reins from another.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Alek also has a similar red get-up to Malak, though of course not the very same outfit.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, their names do sound alike.

Captain REX
I'm pretty sure it will be Revan and Malak, and it will be explained somehow. It usually is.

Darth Hord
Well now that Alek has been confirmed to be Malak so it would logically be then that the Revanchist leader is Revan.

kamhal
The Kotor comics sucks, and worse then that, pretty much contradict the original idea from kotor... If they wanted to write about random story about a random time they had plenty of time (5000 years) to write it without blowing up a good story...

Allankles
The Kotor comics have been pretty decent, but they've shot themselves in the foot by making Alek Malak, introducing the Revanchist leader and Revanchism (a shtty concept).

These ideas seem half assed to me, and if Malak is Alek, Malak becomes a lot less then we thought he was.

Second, it messes up (as kamhal said) the already established "canon" concerning these two characters.

Malak and Revan were friends and peers, not master and apprentice this only happens when they became Sith, and even then I'd imagine it was far from a regular mentor-apprentice relationship.

EDIT: Also, why is Malak callled Alek? The Kotor games pretty much state that neither Revan or Malak changed their names upon becoming Sith. Malak was referred to as Jedi Malak, if he wasn't called Malak before don't you think they'd have used another name?

This wasn't like Obi Wan trying to cover up Vader's identity in episode 4. Why the name change?

S_W_LeGenD
This is really getting messed up.

I think that Drew should intervene now.

Darth Hord
I just got the new jedi vs sith guide that came out yesterday and on page 23 It says
......They drew the knowledge from the sith tombs and declared themselves to be the new Dark Lords of the Sith-Drath Revan and Darth Malak.
Because they were heroes of the mandalorian wars, many jedi knights regarded the "revanchist" and his former apprentice Alek as champions and eagerly joined their cause.

So Revan is the revanchist too, even though it was pretty obvious.

kamhal
Exactly, it was pretty much stated that 2 young knighs rebelled themselves against the order inaction, and if I am not wrong Dorak himself said that Malak was the first to rebelled when is FRIEND did the same. Revan and Malak were also is true names as far as it was stated, and as far as it was stated Revan was very young during the mandalorian wars. And he was NEVER the master from Malak...

If someone wanted to write about Malak and Revan they should have:

1) Check the canon story instead of change it all and star making stupid plot holes
2) Choose a good long-term story instead of trying to improvise in every comic
3) Last but not least, to finally choose a face to Revan. Just don't tell me that we will have Revan hooded in ALL damn comics...

And revanchism? Just lol...

Edit: If Revan was not is true name they why would Vandar tell the tale of "Revan, the prodigal knigth"? Right, let's use his sith name for a jedi tale...

Darth Hord
Originally posted by kamhal
Exactly, it was pretty much stated that 2 young knighs rebelled themselves against the order inaction, and if I am not wrong Dorak himself said that Malak was the first to rebelled when is FRIEND did the same. Revan and Malak were also is true names as far as it was stated, and as far as it was stated Revan was very young during the mandalorian wars. And he was NEVER the master from Malak...

If someone wanted to write about Malak and Revan they should have:

1) Check the canon story instead of change it all and star making stupid plot holes
2) Choose a good long-term story instead of trying to improvise in every comic
3) Last but not least, to finally choose a face to Revan. Just don't tell me that we will have Revan hooded in ALL damn comics...

And revanchism? Just lol...

Edit: If Revan was not is true name they why would Vandar tell the tale of "Revan, the prodigal knigth"? Right, let's use his sith name for a jedi tell...

My interpretation of Revan being Malak's master is this. Dorak may be right that Revan was not Malak's jedi(or atleast officailly as in recognized by the council) master. But is very possible that Revan was already teaching Malak his views on different things such as the darkside and his views of the war as well as the force as a whole. Like it or not this is all canon now.

Allankles
My interpretation of Revan being Malak's master is this. Dorak may be right that Revan was not Malak's jedi(or atleast officailly as in recognized by the council) master. But is very possible that Revan was already teaching Malak his views on different things such as the darkside and his views of the war as well as the force as a whole. Like it or not this is all canon now.

That would be a good explanation in the retcon, but this was obviously not planned very well. There's nothing to indicate that Alek is anything but a light side Jedi, and the Revanchist seems significantly older than Alek.

Plus Revanchism and Revanchist, are the silliest concepts/terms they could come up with, it just makes the whole retcon look worse than the original "canon".

Truthfully, I expect another retcon in the near future, this is a mess. Revan and Malak's cool factor has been greatly reduced here.

Darth Hord
That would be a good explanation in the retcon, but this was obviously not planned very well. There's nothing to indicate that Alek is anything but a light side Jedi, and the Revanchist seems significantly older than Alek.

Plus Revanchism and Revanchist, are the silliest concepts/terms they could come up with, it just makes the whole retcon look worse than the original "canon".

Truthfully, I expect another retcon in the near future, this is a mess. Revan and Malak's cool factor has been greatly reduced here.

I completely agree with you I hoped this gets fixed real soon and I hope the entire comic does not become noncannon cause Zayne is pretty interesting. Revan and Malak need their own book not some stupid comic for their background.

Melcórë

Canon can be abandoned/altered.

It's not entirely out of the question to suppose that they were invariably referred to as "Revan" and "Malak" due to their fall, which they had begun towards when they defied the Council. They had ceased to be who they once were. We see evidence of this POV in Obi-Wan's reasoning for referring to Anakin only as "Vader," (aside from the obvious protection he meant to provide for Luke). The only thorn in the side of this explanation is why Vandar would refer to him as "Revan, the Prodigal Knight" after his redemption.

Darth Hord
I liked it better when Revan and Malak were their real names.

Melcórë
So did I. But it might make a bit more sense for them to take pseudonyms. "Malak" is still a puzzle, though....

Darth Hord

Melcórë
Yes, I'd seen that - but from an in-universe perspective? It would have to be explained as a translation, if any of those are to be suggested as words from which the name might derive....

Darth Hord

Melcórë
Hmm....that (or something like it) might work. I s'pose they could always explain it as a word in some in-universe language, if need be.

kamhal
I have notice one thing: in 1 of quel-droma's visions, in the one in which we can see bastilla and malak at the same time, there are a face of an unknown man right on top, in the left side. Can he be Revan?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by kamhal
I have notice one thing: in 1 of quel-droma's visions, in the one in which we can see bastilla and malak at the same time, there are a face of an unknown man right on top, in the left side. Can he be Revan? can you post a link to the pic?

kamhal
Yes, I can.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/kamhal_2006/Tales_Volume_6_123Volume172.jpg

Do you see that guy's face, right over Bastila? Who is him, Revan?

Darth Hord
Looks like Duron witnessing the terror to come to me. Then he stops seeing the vision in the right panels and is shocked at what he saw

Darth Sexy
what comic is that?

Darth Hord
I believe it is the comic is the comic shadows and light which features Duron Qel Droma.

Melcórë
Looks like Duron witnessing the terror to come to me. Then he stops seeing the vision in the right panels and is shocked at what he saw

I'd definitely say that's Duron. The figure has the same facial construction as Duron, who's seen in the panels to the right. And yes, that is from Shadows & Light.

kamhal
Yes, it's from Shadows and Light.

Hmm, yeah, maybe it's Duron.

Gambler
What Shadows & Light? Do they have a comic book for Kotor I timeline?

kamhal
It was a promotional story that came out before the KOTOR game. It talks about the story of 3 jedi hunters, by the end of the The Great Hunt, 3 years after the end of the GSW.

Melcórë
'Snot a bad comic. I particularly enjoy the representation of Malak's end, with Revan standing above him, illumined only by the glow of his lightsaber. It's kind of chilling.

Gambler
is it available sort of on-the-net?

Melcórë
Probably, on a file-sharing network - or maybe via someone here. I wouldn't know, I usually only check out a few comics a year....
I first saw some scanned pages on Wookieepedia, and it caught my interest.

Gambler
I see. Can you identify the particular book on this website?

www . darkhorse . com/zones/starwars/timeline.php

(delete the empty space)

Darth Hord
Im on the page but what book is there? All I see is a time line no book.

Gambler
edit: sorry, I mean, click on the particular timeline to find comic books of that era

Darth Hord
edit

Gambler
Yes, but I want to know if it's on the list there.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gambler
I see. Can you identify the particular book on this website?
This comic is a part of Star Wars Tales Volume 6 book, which has been published by Dark Horse Comics.

Here is the link: Click here to check!

Darth Hord
Yes, but I want to know if it's on the list there.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?main=arccomics

I know you can't read it but just click on the comic and then click on the first underlined words below the picture of the comic to read it(which is in english)

and btw the reason that shadows and light is not on the timeline is because it is apart of the the star wars tales(#23 in this case) which has multiple short stories.

edit: im not sure if this particular coic is there though i think read it there but there are many other sw comics.

Gambler
Thanx, guys. I knew that russian website. Didn't know they had Star Wars tales. However, it's a pity they removed the english version they once had.

Darth Hord
Thanx, guys. I knew that russian website. Didn't know they had Star Wars tales. However, it's a pity they removed the english version they once had. I was pissed to but I can't seem to find it . I know is was once there.

Edit: I found where they keep the tales but there is alot

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?main=cTales But they seem to be non canon comics. Well half them are not but there are some that are.

Gambler
Thanks, I will satisfy my curiosity now. :P

S_W_LeGenD wrote it was in volume 6

Darth Hord
He is right i recognize the cover.
It starts on page 112

Gambler
hey, thanks again. Finally it's there.

LORD JLRTENJAC
It's an interesting series. More Interesting than Legacy atleast. I mean come on, We have no Idea what's truly going on in the Kotor series, but Legacy has already told its bigest twist.

Captain REX
Legacy is solely interesting for the fact that it is IN THE FUTURE! But not much else.

Knights of the Old Republic, however, is a more interesting storyline. At least to me.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Captain REX
Legacy is solely interesting for the fact that it is IN THE FUTURE! But not much else.

Knights of the Old Republic, however, is a more interesting storyline. At least to me.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.