Prototype

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Let's discuss this game, any opinions on it?

CaptainStoic
when I read about this game in Game Informer magazine I was blown away with almost as much anticipation as I was when I found out that Bethesda bought the rights to Fallout 3.

xNIXSONx
the trailer looks alright, the idea is cool definately, still needs more to impress me when they're are games like bioshock and gears, and with some im lookin forward to like assassins creed halo3 and mass effect

Spidervlad
Is Prototype the one where you use grenades to alter the enviorment or something?

InnerRise
No.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

IceJaw
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Is Prototype the one where you use grenades to alter the enviorment or something?
No, that's Fracture.

This game looks dull.

Tekno Boy
can someone post a link to a review please?

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
can someone post a link to a review please?

Review? It doesn't come out til Late 2008.

And this game looks friggin cannon. It's GTA with awesome powers and sh*t.

If you want to know about the game, it's not hard to go to www.ign.com

InnerRise
This game is more like "Crackdown" on "Crack."

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

H. S. 6
Looks very promising, though I don't think there's much to talk about yet.

CaptainStoic
Ok here's the news from the Vegas convention, this game is sweet! reserve your copy today. The online play is supposed to be phenomenal. The main character was compared to Venom from Marvel comics, as he is seen sticking tendrils into the ground and evicerating his prey from a distance. The game plays like Grand Theft Auto, with a huge open city to explore, and raise hell in. This game is going to be great.

CaptainStoic
Here's a Link:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/97054.html
Here's another:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23763.html

Nemesis X
The multiplayer got cut out of the game. That's good, because it's about time a game gets focused on its single player.

ThunderGodEneru
I have been heavily anticipating this game since I first heard about it.

jinXed by JaNx
Looks like Hulk Ultimate destruction, only better with a few elements of crackdown. As long as the controls are solid i bet this game will be a lot of fun. This and infamous make the sandbox element look cool again.

Nemesis X
Ultimate Destruction + GTA = Prototype = win

LilMimister006
Looks interesting. Worth a rental at least to see if I'd like it.

Utrigita
I'm looking forward to this game.

Morridini
New video with top ten reasons to get this game: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47311.html

Now I'm really looking forward to this game, I couldn't stop smiling when watching that vid. Everything is just over the top insane, and the game developers know it, this might be great.

Mairuzu
great video, holy shit

ThunderGodEneru
Dude, I want this game more than ever now.

Holy shit that video was great.

Morridini
It looks like any of my good old GTA rampages, just on steroids and mutated and speed up.

Neo Darkhalen
Now that looks awesome.

H. S. 6
I hope there's some sense of challenge or difficulty in this game. From the video, it seems that absolutely nothing can stand up to you, and the "fun" of the game centers around the idea that you can destroy anything, anywhere, at any time, without any worry of sufficient retaliation.

Seems like that would wear out quickly, to me.

Morridini
How did they balance that in Hulk: Ultimate Destruction?

KingD19
The thing about Prototype is the Infected. They're like even more uber versions of Alex, and they hit like mack trucks.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I hope there's some sense of challenge or difficulty in this game. From the video, it seems that absolutely nothing can stand up to you, and the "fun" of the game centers around the idea that you can destroy anything, anywhere, at any time, without any worry of sufficient retaliation.

Seems like that would wear out quickly, to me. There are beings in the game similar to Alex that you fight.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
There are beings in the game similar to Alex that you fight.

I hope so, because that video didn't showcase them. stick out tongue

Nemesis X
This game is gonna make inFamous look bad.

KingD19
They've got other vids with the Infected, and they whoop on Alex like he's their plaything. And inFamous is a different type of good, if Sucker Punch made it, it will rock, regardless. But the PS3 only thing is harshing my vibe.

Menetnashté
lol, PS3 rarely has PS3 only games but they're always way better than Xbox only games.

Nemesis X

Morridini
Short developer vid about te story: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47587.html

Sounds interesting enough, I liked the idea of the memory system, and the evolving city sounds very interesting.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Does it have Halo Wars, Mass Effect, or Gears of War? I don't think so.

Well, is going to be on all the major gaming platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox360.

Nemesis X
I read the OXM and the developers of Prototype say that people who are into games like this are ***holes of the highest calibur.

ThunderGodEneru
What?

Nemesis X
What?

Developers called us Aholes. What more is there to know?

KingD19
Well, I won't play the game!!! Okay I'll play the game.
But I won't like it!!!! Okay I'll like it.
But they don't have to know that!!!!!

Nemesis X
You know with all the sneak peeks the developers give us, when the heck will we see Alex not only absorbing a soldier, but also commanding airstrikes on the enemies as well?

Nemesis X
Radical Entertainment noted that if a severed human leg is found on top of a building, a side-story will begin. NYC is a big place. Hopefully the search will be worth it if the side-story is any good.

Kostabot
Due out next month now. Looks bloody brilliant. Seems similar to the way Spiderman Web Of Shadows plays... Can't wait to get this on PC.

Nemesis X
Why would Alex seek revenge on those who gave him those intense super powers? I would find them just to give them a handshake. Tank throwing and growing blades out of your arms is awesome.

Anon E. Mous
I HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME!!!!

KingD19
He would do it because they erased his memory, ruined his life, and turned him into a literal monster without his permission. He's not mad about the powers, it's the principle of the thing.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
He would do it because they erased his memory, ruined his life, and turned him into a literal monster without his permission. He's not mad about the powers, it's the principle of the thing.

Erased memory. Good point.

Ruined his life. Good point (but still the same as erased memory sorta).

Literal Monster. I have no answer to that.

Neo Darkhalen

ThunderGodEneru
I disagree with that, InFamous still looks good to me.

Prototype however does look better.

Utrigita
thumb up

Anon E. Mous
This game looks like it KICKS ASS.

When is it coming out?

Nemesis X
I disagree with that, InFamous still looks good to me.

Prototype however does look better.

If Prototype and Infamous were out on the same day, obviously everybody would be going after Prototype first.

Prototype has a better story.

Alex coming out of a morgue and having amnesia and discovers that he has powers and seeks revenge > Delivery boy in an explosion and now has electric powers

Prototype has way better super powers. Alex can absorb people and take their appearence, can elbow drop tanks, run up buildings, toss cars, leap at great distances, plow through hordes of civilians fleeing in terror, and can grow impenetrable armor. Cole, that dude just shocks people. You tell me which sounds better.

ThunderGodEneru
If Prototype and Infamous were out on the same day, obviously everybody would be going after Prototype first.

Prototype has a better story.

Alex coming out of a morgue and having amnesia and discovers that he has powers and seeks revenge > Delivery boy in an explosion and now has electric powers

Prototype has way better super powers. Alex can absorb people and take their appearence, can elbow drop tanks, run up buildings, toss cars, leap at great distances, plow through hordes of civilians fleeing in terror, and can grow impenetrable armor. Cole, that dude just shocks people. You tell me which sounds better. True.

Impossible to fortell considering we have no idea the entire plot of Prototype. It may start off good and go to shit.

Alex is more powerful. That does not mean he has better powers.

Nemesis X
Alex is more powerful. That does not mean he has better powers.

You think having electricity powers is way better than having shapeshifting and super stength? *facepalm*

Neo Darkhalen
You think having electricity powers is way better than having shapeshifting and super stength? *facepalm*

Depends how they are used, the control of electricity is a very dangerous commodity to posses if someone with the right skill uses it.

ThunderGodEneru
You think having electricity powers is way better than having shapeshifting and super stength? *facepalm* Considering the character in my sig and avatar has electricity powers and not only has better powers but is thousands of times more powerful than Alex, yes, it can happen. That said, the reverse is also true.

And from what I hear Cole has pretty versatile uses for his powers.

Nemesis X
Look, Alex can throw tanks, grow armor that's bullet proof, grow claws, grow tendrils that destroy nearly anything, absorb people and take their appearence and memories, grow a whip that can extend at great distances, can increase mass to his fists that are powerful enough to destroy tanks with at least two or three punches, can run up buildings, and can grow enourmous blades that slice people in half.

Cole can shoot electricity out of his hands, can absorb energy out of people (not the same way as Alex so you know), can restrain people by puting cuffs on them made of electricity, can slide on train rails, can glide, and seems to have an increase in his jumps.

Alex'es powers are way better.

Nemesis X
Did anyone know that if you Pre order Prototype, you'll get an exclusive map pack to help find Alex's memories faster and you'll also get a figurine?

YodaIam
I'll just use the Internet when someone posts it.

Anyway I watched the newest vid, looks amazing, shame about no online but still loving this.

Nemesis X
Who cares about online? It's about friggin time a game gets focused on its single player. I hate it that whenever a game has multiplayer, it seems to be worked on the most than the single player.

Nemesis X
I just called Gamestop and they said Prototype will be out June 5th. I guess they'll have it early.

Nemesis X
Nevermind, the game won't be out on June 5th. Gamestop messed up and now said June 10th. If they keep screwing up the dates, I'm probably gonna go buy InFamous first.

General Kaliero
June 9th has been the known ship date for a while.

Estacado
A list of moves.....one thing is for sure that inFamous will be boring compared to this game..

http://twitpic.com/6du7m/full

Nemesis X
Prototype will be out tomorrow. I'm so excited.

Burning thought
Ime curious, what is the consensus? is Infamous better than Prototype for those who played it? I looked at a lot of reviews saying it is but the actual idea of Prototype looks much more interesting for me personally.

Menetnashté
I hadn't seen too much from infamous but I've been looking forward to prototype for a really long time, can't wait to play it.

HueyFreeman
Played it. Liked infamous way better. Even though your so much more powerful in prototype it got boring real quick. Infamous is one of the few games that had me repeatedly playing it for a while.

Smasandian
Why does it have to be InFamous vs Prototype?

InFamous looks like alot of fun. Prototype also. For a PS3, who cares if one is better than the other. They're both great. Enjoy it, buy both, you should be happy that you have two exclusive games for the PS3 and they're both done extremely well.

Stop bitching about which is better than the other.

Burning thought
I for one was not "bitching", I was asking for the sake of the fact Ive not the money to buy both right off the bat so I was wondering which was the better determining which one I was going to buy first, if I buy the other at all.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
I for one was not "bitching", I was asking for the sake of the fact Ive not the money to buy both right off the bat so I was wondering which was the better determining which one I was going to buy first, if I buy the other at all.

I just tried playing Prototype and I'm, for one, glad I tried it out before paying money for it. Uninstalled after 15 minutes; stay the **** away from this rubbish of a game.

S_D_J
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I just tried playing Prototype and I'm, for one, glad I tried it out before paying money for it. Uninstalled after 15 minutes; stay the **** away from this rubbish of a game.

that bad is it?

... inFamous it is then....

HueyFreeman
I for one was not "bitching", I was asking for the sake of the fact Ive not the money to buy both right off the bat so I was wondering which was the better determining which one I was going to buy first, if I buy the other at all. exactly. Its just an opinion not really bitching. Bitching is me posting a long comment stating one sucks with vulgarity and aggression. An opinion is just a state of mind to allow others to take what they will from it.

jalek moye
so far the reviews are syaing infamous is better

i havnt played prototype yet

S_D_J
just read IGN's review:

inFamous craps all over Prototype.

WO Polaski
thats hilarious considering how many people thought prototype was gonna shit all over infamous.

though i guess thats more along the lines of "irony" then anything else.

Quincy
YEAH COLE!

Burning thought
Whats the major gripes with Prorotype then? the idea seems so good so why has it gone wrong? is it all there? you know all the transforming, lots of diffrent abilities and combos, wall running, quick action, cruel gore....commandering tanks and copters?

are all this things in the game, if so, what makes it so awful? especially in comparison to Infamous?

jalek moye
Whats the major gripes with Prorotype then? the idea seems so good so why has it gone wrong? is it all there? you know all the transforming, lots of diffrent abilities and combos, wall running, quick action, cruel gore....commandering tanks and copters?

are all this things in the game, if so, what makes it so awful? especially in comparison to Infamous?
they arnt saying its bad just not as good of a game or as fun. All the stuff they said is there but its not as fun as it sounds

Burning thought
So what ruins it? is it slow? cumbersome controls? repetitive?

Neo Darkhalen
Wikipedia says: Critical reception of Prototype has been largely positive. The review aggregate website Metacritic currently lists the game as having an overall score of 91 out of 100 on PS3, 83 out of 100 on XBox360 and 94 out of 100 on PC. A user rating places it at 8.4 out of 10 based on 132 votes. IGN reviewer Eric Brudvig gave the Xbox 360 version of the game a 7.5 out of 10, praising the wide array of powers and gameplay but criticizing some of the game's graphics and unremarkable sidequests. GamePro gave the Xbox 360 version of the game a 4.5 out of 5, citing the game's "sense of power and possibility" while also criticizing the lack of variety in enemy type and occasional uneven difficulty.. Cheat code central gave the game a 98 out of 100 noting the "brutal combat, huge open world, varied challenges, and utterlying satisfying gameplay." Pgnx Media rated the game a 95% for the abilities you have. Gaming trend awarded the game a 98 out of 100 for its fluid controls and satisfying gameplay.

jalek moye
nothing ruins it. just people seem to like infamous more

ArtificialGlory

Poor graphics, poor camera, rather cumbersome controls, agonizing repetition.

You may think the concept is fun, but in reality it's not(at least not for me). The game is so ephemeral; it gets old after 10 minutes.

Nemesis X
Poor graphics, poor camera, rather cumbersome controls, agonizing repetition.

You may think the concept is fun, but in reality it's not(at least not for me). The game is so ephemeral; it gets old after 10 minutes.

The graphics look at least decent, I'm having no trouble with the camera, and I'm not having any trouble with the controls whatsoever.

Prototype does not suck.

ArtificialGlory
The graphics look at least decent, I'm having no trouble with the camera, and I'm not having any trouble with the controls whatsoever.

Prototype does not suck.

I suppose character models look at least half-decent. However, vehicles, helicopters, and even guns you pick up look like toys. Buildings and other objects don't look very good either.

The camera is too close. You don't have enough viewing space. Mind you, this is a gripe I have with many 3rd person games, even high-profile ones like Mass Effect and will most likely have with Resident Evil 5, too. I guess WoW's flexibility of the camera spoiled me :P

Maybe I was a little harsh on the controls. All I know is that I'm fresh from playing DMC4 and it has more precise and fluent controls than Prototype.

Burning thought
Ime curios ArtificalGlory, what did you use to play prototype?

Quincy
**** Alex Mercer.

Cole Mcgrath is more badass.

ArtificialGlory
Ime curios ArtificalGlory, what did you use to play prototype?

PC?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Quincy
**** Alex Mercer.

How does this contribute anything useful to the thread?

Anyway, I've enjoyed what I've played so far. It's fun simply moving through the city, and the combat can lead to some pretty entertaining times.

At the first military base, I hopped over a wall and absorbed a soldier... then turned the camera to realize I had done so in front of a tank. I ran for cover, climbed a wall, had a short battle with a helicopter, then jumped across a gap between buildings, grabbed a soldier in mid-run, and absorbed him for a new disguise. It was certainly exhilerating.

Burning thought
PC?

Hm, maybe Prorotypes control system is bad on PC, I had the same problem with DMC 3, and so I got a copy on my PS2 and it worked fine.

ArtificialGlory
Hm, maybe Prorotypes control system is bad on PC, I had the same problem with DMC 3, and so I got a copy on my PS2 and it worked fine.

That could be the case. I'm not saying Prototype controls are bad, they're just not one of the best I've seen.

Wei Phoenix
**** Alex Mercer.

Hahaha.

Screw Cole

Kenshiro is more badass and would whoop his ass.

Quincy
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro is more badass and would whoop his ass.

That I can agree on.

Wei Phoenix
That I can agree on.

And Yusuke whistle

General Kaliero
Guys, stay on topic, thanks.

Quincy
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
And Yusuke whistle

Without a doubt. No one can take Yusuke.

The graphics are mediocre.

Burning thought
I got Prototype and its not so bad, being a bit sick I enjoy smashing things up and moving in stylish ways never gets old, same with funny moments which always seem to crop up, funny kills, impressive maneuvers I didnt even try and do etc, and the way you upgrade makes it into a small degree of an RP mechanic, e.g. leveling up and gaining new powers. The repetitiveness is there but after playing for at least 8/9 hours ime not bored, some novelties just dont spark me as much as they did when I first started but then again, all games have areas of repetition. Maybe because I haven ot actually played games like this so often, people seem to compare it to Hulk and Spider man 2 games and ive played neither so maybe that is a bonus but ive not had the Controller issue you pointed out AG, everything seems easy to use and is quite solid and smooth.

This is for PS3 ime playing it on, ill probably get Infamous as well if its apparently better than this.

ArtificialGlory
I got Prototype and its not so bad, being a bit sick I enjoy smashing things up and moving in stylish ways never gets old, same with funny moments which always seem to crop up, funny kills, impressive maneuvers I didnt even try and do etc, and the way you upgrade makes it into a small degree of an RP mechanic, e.g. leveling up and gaining new powers. The repetitiveness is there but after playing for at least 8/9 hours ime not bored, some novelties just dont spark me as much as they did when I first started but then again, all games have areas of repetition. Maybe because I haven ot actually played games like this so often, people seem to compare it to Hulk and Spider man 2 games and ive played neither so maybe that is a bonus but ive not had the Controller issue you pointed out AG, everything seems easy to use and is quite solid and smooth.

This is for PS3 ime playing it on, ill probably get Infamous as well if its apparently better than this.

For 8/9 hours straight?

Burning thought
No, I meant throughout the day, I had perhaps 1/2 hours break. To keep it a definate, numberless statement. Ive played it all day apart from when I went down the high street and when ive been online on here.

ArtificialGlory
No, I meant throughout the day, I had perhaps 1/2 hours break. To keep it a definate, numberless statement. Ive played it all day apart from when I went down the high street and when ive been online on here.

Well, it's good to see you liked it. I, for one, would rather drown myself in a bottle of water I have here than play it for 8 hours a day.

Magee
Prototype is just a modified SM web of shadows. A lot of the attacks are identical, the layout is very similar and the entire city is exactly the same. I enjoyed the Infamous demo much more than I have this game, I can't stand the boring cut scenes and killing stuff is getting old already. I finished the Infamous demo 4 times and enjoyed every one of them more than this game.

jinXed by JaNx
I just finished this game and i had a lot of fun. It's a next gen beat em up. I really don't know what people expected from the game. The developers actually delivered everything that they promised. You are an overpowered badass that gets to through the environment laying havoc to everything while looking cool. Yeah, it gets repetitive but no more than a Halo game. Instead of simply shooting the same types of enemies through out the entire game you get destroy the same types of enemies in fashion.

I had absolutely no problem with the controls and i really don't think comparing it to Spiderman is a good comparison. Spiderman only had one entertaining aspect going for it and that was the swinging. Unlike Spiderman, Prototype allows you to feel the rush of achieving impossible jumps as well as offering a competent and engaging combat system.

The game certainly isn't anything to break trends or set benchmarks but it delivers everything that was promised with good graphics and control. It's definitely a fun beat em up.

Magee
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
ISpiderman is a good comparison. Spiderman only had one entertaining aspect going for it and that was the swinging. Unlike Spiderman, Prototype allows you to feel the rush of achieving impossible jumps as well as offering a competent and engaging combat system. They have clearly used the same engine and changed the city a little. The only difference between web of shadows and prototype is the character you play.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Magee
They have clearly used the same engine and changed the city a little. The only difference between web of shadows and prototype is the character you play.

That's definitely not the only difference between freakin Alex Mercer and Spiderman.

*Spoilers Below*

Alex Mercer was blown to smithereens by an Atomic Bomb, and he completely regenerated within a few seconds.

Spiderman was nearly killed by one of Luke Cage's hits.

Quincy
I played this game the other day.

It's fun, and the open world was pretty massive, but there are some things I found annoying.

For example, I cant ever just walk around and explore, every time I get on the ground, I'm constantly fired at from soldiers who aren't afraid of me and apparently don't have to reload. I'm constantly shot at in all direction, and they never seem to miss me. Reminds me of Wolverine's Revenge.

Also, you kind of half jog half walk when you move, and it pretty much gets me nowhere, and doesn't work at all during a fight. So instead, you have to hold down a trigger to run faster, which just annoyed me.

You can also do this flying glide around the city, but for whatever reason, you do this weird air-hump, jerking motion and it doubles your glide or something. It's really weird to me. I also kept jumping off the sides of buildings as I ran up them.

I didn't care for the camera, it was really tight. And alot of times when you're fighting you have to like, lock-on to different targets instead of just killing everything in sight.

The powers were badass though. I liked the Claws power that diced people up, and eatting people to regenerate was pretty badass. That superkill that takes down everything and shoots out a million spikes from your body is a pretty epic takedown.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Magee
They have clearly used the same engine and changed the city a little. The only difference between web of shadows and prototype is the character you play.

I definitely don't see that. The city feels similar because it was modeled after NY but other than that the games feel completely different. The game feels almost identical to Ultimate Destruction but other than jumping incredible heights i don't see any resemblance to Spiderman. Not that it matters because they are both the same type of game.

Burning thought
I agree wth Jinxed, completed the game and it was great fun, kept me playing for a long time, has a huge amount of moves and as he said, repetition is in most of the best games, in Crysis all your doing is running around beating on Koreans, in Halo your shooting the same things over and over, in GTA games your doing the same...over and over..

only this game has more style and more interesting moves, and theres a lot to choose from. Cant see what problem anyone has with the game unless its not as easy to use on some systems as it is on the PS3 "shrug"

A fairly nice selection of monsters, a huge selection of powers and if you do actually get bored of flying around causing destruction in stylish ways then do some missions to change the pace, testing your speed, skills and time management or diffrent types of destroying things. The missions and boss battles are enjoyable as well and the vehichle and weapon selection is large enough for me to not want much more of it.

SpadeKing
I definitely don't see that. The city feels similar because it was modeled after NY but other than that the games feel completely different. The game feels almost identical to Ultimate Destruction but other than jumping incredible heights i don't see any resemblance to Spiderman. Not that it matters because they are both the same type of game.

not even the fact that the same company made it? or his tentacles are something like spidey's symbiote suit from the game? or when he drops he causes the same effect as spiderman? or after the infection gets real bad the police leave at about the same time in both games? infected can one hit kill any civilian or military humans? or the infected hives, where they are hatching?

the only real difference is the other game is spiderman, this is prototype with alex mercer who will un-regretfully kill you, consume you, & repeat with others & the military actually fights you back cause they don't want your help

NemeBro
in Crysis all your doing is running around beating on Koreans Lol.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SpadeKing
not even the fact that the same company made it? or his tentacles are something like spidey's symbiote suit from the game? or when he drops he causes the same effect as spiderman? or after the infection gets real bad the police leave at about the same time in both games? infected can one hit kill any civilian or military humans? or the infected hives, where they are hatching?

the only real difference is the other game is spiderman, this is prototype with alex mercer who will un-regretfully kill you, consume you, & repeat with others & the military actually fights you back cause they don't want your help

Yes, even considering all of that the game feels very different from Spiderman Web of Shadows. I wasn't trying to state a fact, but rather, an opinion. Of course the environment and populous is going to be reminiscent of Spiderman. It's the same type of game but the gameplay and atmosphere feels completely different to me.

Kazenji
, in GTA games your doing the same...over and over..

Except for San Andreas you could do alot more things and the other thing that sets each one apart are the characters and Story.

General Kaliero
I think the story for Prototype is pretty engaging. Not exactly new and groundbreaking, but it keeps things interesting. I'm around Day 11 now (I think) and I can certainly get a sense of the city slowly falling to the relentless infection.

Nemesis X
I'm surprised that while I'm disguised, I run up walls and glide in the air and the army and civilians don't seem to care. Do they really think it's normal that humans can do that?

Burning thought
I dunno, I guess after you see the super soldiers you could claim your one of those if your in a military uniform. They can do all kinds of crazy things but before then, just a little imperfection lol, theres a lot of things people would notice. Hell, a soldier not standing at his post and running around at speeds as quick as mercer would end up with a lot of attension drawn to him.

Nemesis X
I dunno, I guess after you see the super soldiers you could claim your one of those if your in a military uniform. They can do all kinds of crazy things but before then, just a little imperfection lol, theres a lot of things people would notice. Hell, a soldier not standing at his post and running around at speeds as quick as mercer would end up with a lot of attension drawn to him.

I run and glide even while disguised as a civilian. Are you saying there's even super civilians now?

jinXed by JaNx
I'm surprised that while I'm disguised, I run up walls and glide in the air and the army and civilians don't seem to care. Do they really think it's normal that humans can do that?

laughing yeah

I'm surprised that everyone in the city seems to drive taxi's laughing out loud

Nemesis X
laughing yeah

I'm surprised that everyone in the city seems to drive taxi's laughing out loud

That's the thing about New York, not only is it an attractive place for movies and videogames to be set in but it's also the place with the most taxis.

Burning thought
I run and glide even while disguised as a civilian. Are you saying there's even super civilians now?

if your in a military uniform

But yeh if your a civilian they should spot you.

Nemesis X
But yeh if your a civilian they should spot you.

They never came after me even when I was disguised as a civilian. They only recognize me as Alex if I pick up a car, pick someone up, or use my powers. For some reason, they don't think running super fast and soaring through the air isn't normal.

Burning thought
"sigh", well....its only a game, it cant be 100% realistic, I know id be pissed if I couldnt fly around and move quickly while disguised because id have the choice of getting constantly attacked by Choppers and swat teams as I glide and run or...walk slowly around like a normal citzien to avoid it. Which is ofc boring.

Nemesis X
"sigh", well....its only a game, it cant be 100% realistic, I know id be pissed if I couldnt fly around and move quickly while disguised because id have the choice of getting constantly attacked by Choppers and swat teams as I glide and run or...walk slowly around like a normal citzien to avoid it. Which is ofc boring.

True

Burning thought
Are there any extra powers/weapons or bonuses you get for completing other portions of the game? for example ive completed the game itself, got all the powers/abilities but ive got like 30 million (maybe billion) Evolution points left over so ime wondering, are there new abilities or something else to spend these points on if I go into hard mode? complete hard mode? gather all the landmarks/hints? complete all the missions up to gold standard? also does anything happen if I complete these things or do I just get a pat on the back?

Ban Mido
I really enjoyed absorbing an old man then beating everyone up and doing parkour while gliding all around. I started the game after watching Grand Tureno so I basically just pretended to be Clint Eastwood angry at everyone for being on my lawn or stealing my car.. If I was a soldier I just pretended I was athletic and in shape X]...or if I absorbed anyone in plain view I just acted like I was Criss Angel freaking someones mind.

The only thing that really bugged me is how even when you're HELPING the military with your powers and they're like being raped by hunters...they still find time to stop attacking the hunter..to try and put one between your eyes :/.

geshien
Holy shit.

I just got this game. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time.

leonheartmm
what a ****ing disappointment. i really think, the only thing that sold THIS GAME intially was the wacky camera in the demo.

NemeBro
Finally got my hands on this game.

I love it.

Pandemoniac
Been playing this for about a week now. Environment, enemies, missions and story are nowhere near original, and Alex himself is just pretty much a bundle of other characters superpowers combined.
But oh Lord is he fun to play with! The whole array of powers and possibilities makes this for me the best 'go loose in a city and seriously mess things up' game ever. Recommended!

dadudemon
Based on the comments about it, this looks very fun and cool.

As soon as I am done with Fallout 3, I'll pick this game up.

Slay
I'll probably pick it up on Monday. I haven't played a 'real' game in a while, all I've been playing lately is FIFA 09 and UFC 2009.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Slay
I'll probably pick it up on Monday. I haven't played a 'real' game in a while, all I've been playing lately is FIFA 09 and UFC 2009.

someone tell me when UFC changes it so that people don't quit so they can stay undefeated ermm

Slay
Originally posted by SpadeKing
someone tell me when UFC changes it so that people don't quit so they can stay undefeated ermm I've think they've already released a patch which marks every match that you quit as a loss.

Ryo 666
Got it today, been playing for a little while.

Very fun so far.

Ryo 666
Completed it.

Going though it again with all the powers, awesome game. Infamous is next, buying it soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.