wolverine vs deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zachrivard
who will win this battle?
Dr. Strange has transported Slade to the Marvel universe to kill professor X. Slade killed professor X and wolverine was the only one around to see it. Wolverine gets p*ssed, but slade gets away. Wolverine hunts slade down. Slade bounced around the world to try to shake off wolverine. Slade ends up in New York. the city gets evacuated cause of a huge Hurricane coming from the sea. Slade is trying to make it in to a secert bunker that is 100 yards in length and width and 40 yards in height. It is stocked w/ food to last one year. and a vast amount of slades usual weapons. Just as he is making it in wolerine shows up. The strom will hit in 30 minutes wolverine jumps in the bunker and closes the door. Slade finds the secert enterence and goes in the bunker. Wolerine heres the secert door shut on the opposite side of the bunker he knows slade is in the bunker. What happens nexts? who will be the last person standing?No-one can leave the bunker cause the locks are set for 1 year?
if they fight who will win?

Creshosk
Slade.

long pig
Why would Strange need any help killing Xavier?

Slade wins slightly, 6/10.....

zachrivard
i think wolverine would win because slade could not kill him

leonidas
the reverse is also true . . .

kgkg
Slade

Wanderer259
Wolverine's claws are negated by Slade's sword and staff. Both have healing factors and Slade has the close-combat advantage. Wolverine has the better durability, however, Slade does have weapons that can work around that. This, coupled with Slade being even more notorious than Batman for having contingency plans for his contingency plans (and therefore probably not plan-less in the event that someone violates his bunker's security), I'd give Slade the win, eventually.

Juntai
Slade

long pig
If Slade underestimates Wolverine, he's gonna get ****ed.

But as long as Slade plays smart, blasts Wolverine away if he gets too close, he can win the majority.

Definatly wouldn't be easy, but I'd put my money on Slade.

Why won't they just go ahead and do this fight??? Slade and Wolverine have been rival street level badasses since they were created.

daniel18
your dam right you would put your money on me lol

golem370
Wolverine is Familiar to every Form of fight on earth any fighting tricks slade comes with wolverine been there done that there is just to much fighting experience

Creshosk
Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine is Familiar to every Form of fight on earth any fighting tricks slade comes with wolverine been there done that there is just to much fighting experience Difference between knowing about something and being able to do something about it. . .

spiderboy5
slade's healing factor is not as great as wolverine's. and slade could only win if he has prep time or a weapon that could tottaly kill wolverine, wolverine on the other hand has more durability so could last WAY longer than slade. if slade doesnt take out wolvie fast enough, then its all over for him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by spiderboy5
slade's healing factor is not as great as wolverine's. and slade could only win if he has prep time or a weapon that could tottaly kill wolverine, wolverine on the other hand has more durability so could last WAY longer than slade. if slade doesnt take out wolvie fast enough, then its all over for him. From the sounds of it he had prep (probably set up before taking out xavier, or when he was bouncing around the globe). And since he has his usual weapons he could probably gas wolvie. . .that always seems to do the trick.

long pig
His staff fires heat/plasma/concussive force up to 40 ton psi, it'd knock Wolverine 100 yards if he gets too close for comfort.

Both the staff and his sword are unbreakable promethium, so wolverine ain't cutting it in half.

Wolverine could win, but I wouldn't count on it.

Dizzle
Hmm, I'd actually give Slade a 7 or 8...

Slade has precog and much better strength and speed than Wolverine. From the getgo, he'll be taking more hits. Slade's healing factor is pretty good, so he can take a few hits as well. Because of the physical difference, Wolverine getting a sword between his ribs isn't so far fetched. That followed by a couple blasts to the face should prevent Logan from getting it out long enough for it to kill him...

The only way I see Wolverine winning involves a whole lot of lucky shots.

Creshosk
evil face

Originally posted by Dizzle
HmmThat followed by a couple blasts to the face

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4705318

spiderboy5
but u all agree that if slade doesnt have prep then wolvie wins right? i mean cmon, wolvie was training when slade wasnt even born! and wolvies not a bad fighter at all he probably could take out slade.
but it would be a REALLY close fight.so i giv wolvie 6/10 wins.

Creshosk
Originally posted by spiderboy5
but u all agree that if slade doesnt have prep then wolvie wins right? i mean cmon, wolvie was training when slade wasnt even born! and wolvies not a bad fighter at all he probably could take out slade.
but it would be a REALLY close fight.so i giv wolvie 6/10 wins.

Some how I don't hitnk so:

Originally posted by long pig
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds1.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds2.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds3.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds4.jpg

Then when she finally gets a hold of him, she punches him a good one in the gut and he's out like a light....as he should be.

long pig
With or without prep I don't see Wolverine taking the majority.

Their experience isn't that different, wolverine is like 100 or so, Slade is like 70 or so.

Other than that Slade has the strength & speed & intelligence & weaponry advantage.

willRules
UMMM how exactly does he get anywhere near the worlds most powefull telepath? And dont say Slade has physic blocks, cos so does Wolvie and Xavier could beat both of them together.........

long pig
laughing You're doing the same thing I did.....
The story was shitty, huh?
Why the hell does Strange need Slade to kill Xavier?

I'm not too sure even Xavier can prob Slade's mind if I'm remembering correctly.
Though I may not be seeing I read it when I was like 15.

willRules
Xavier is the worlds most powerful telepath. Wolverine was given psychic blocks by weapon X but Xavier can still shut down anyones brain, I think the problem lies in reading peoples mind and memories. But I might be wrong...............

MERCILOUS
So wait, Slade has no defense from telepaths? His mind is advanced, no defense at all? You think he could do something crazy like plant false advise to feed a telepath or something like that? Does anyone have any precedent of Slade interacting with a telepath? Maybe some Titans stuff?

grey fox
well technically there are no telepath's on the titans (although raven may be a telepath and i am not sure how superboys tactile telekinesis works he may be able to work it into real telekinesis... although i doubt it)

willRules
This is a stupid story, Wolvie or Slade would get killed by Strange or Xavier so leave them outta it and let em scrap I say!!

CorderaMitchell
Hmm, I'd actually give Slade a 7 or 8...

Slade has precog and much better strength and speed than Wolverine. From the getgo, he'll be taking more hits. Slade's healing factor is pretty good, so he can take a few hits as well. Because of the physical difference, Wolverine getting a sword between his ribs isn't so far fetched. That followed by a couple blasts to the face should prevent Logan from getting it out long enough for it to kill him...

The only way I see Wolverine winning involves a whole lot of lucky shots.

I give slade an 8 or 9, he is a dodger like spiderman, but a ruthless tactician, and will have NO quams of killing logan.

who?-kid
Okay, let's compare some stats lol:

1. strength : equal
2. speed : equal or very close, definitely not enough to make much difference
3. experience : Wolverine, though DS is also very experienced
4. durability : Wolverine
5. stamina : Wolverine
6. intelligence : DS
8. coolest costume : Wolverine (yeah I know I am cheating, but DS outfit sucks)

So, based on the facts, I'd say Wolverine wins, especially when it's a long fight. The longer the fight, the bigger the chances are for Wolverine to win.

And Wolverine certainly can take a beating from DS, but can DS survive three claws in his brains ? Sabes can, DS can't.

srankmissingnin
Stock piled with weapons, food and water both Logan and Slade will be able to take cover but Slade will have to use his weapons with caution to avoid destroying his food supply. Wolverine is almost guarantied to get the drop on Wilson, and unfortunately for DS is healing factor pales in comparison with Logans; one good hit and the hit is pretty much over. Wolverine gives Slade a one way ticket to claw city.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by who?-kid

So, based on the facts, I'd say Wolverine wins, especially when it's a long fight. The longer the fight, the bigger the chances are for Wolverine to win.

And Wolverine certainly can take a beating from DS, but can DS survive three claws in his brains ? Sabes can, DS can't.

You are almost 100% accurate except for Slade is stronger the Logan.

Seriously though, Slade leaves fights with Batman bursed and limbing, and the likes of NW, Eddie Fyers and Azrael give him trouble. It isn't with in Slade's abilities to avoid Wolverine and his healing factor isn't good enough to make up for it.

Juntai
Slade wins.

zachrivard
Originally posted by willRules
This is a stupid story, Wolvie or Slade would get killed by Strange or Xavier so leave them outta it and let em scrap I say!!

dont be hatin on the story- Strange gets bored so he test out his magic skills and sees if he can transport people between realms. Once slade gets there he decieds to have fun and see if he can control his mind and get him to kill professor x. my story is good. if u have a problem w/ it make a better one

Metalmanx
His staff fires heat/plasma/concussive force up to 40 ton psi, it'd knock Wolverine 100 yards if he gets too close for comfort.

Both the staff and his sword are unbreakable promethium, so wolverine ain't cutting it in half.

Wolverine could win, but I wouldn't count on it.

So now there are these two unbreakable metals? Adamantium and Promethium? Is that like DC's version of adamantium?

Anyway, only one of these metals can be stronger than the other. It's just the way things are. Because they are different, one metal must win, while the other must lose. We just have to determine which metal i stronger.

CorderaMitchell

How hard would it be for him to do that though?

Wolverine is pretty predictable, particularly for slade...

Juntai
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So now there are these two unbreakable metals? Adamantium and Promethium? Is that like DC's version of adamantium?

Anyway, only one of these metals can be stronger than the other. It's just the way things are. Because they are different, one metal must win, while the other must lose. We just have to determine which metal i stronger.
Hes it is DC's adamantium

Juntai

Of course he could survive it.
SLADE IS IMMORTAL. HE CANNOT DIE.

K3VIL
Slade 10/10.
Slade outclass Logan in every sector.
Slade has concrete proof of his skills that aren't pushover.
He stabbed a low experienced Flash, Wolverine catched a lightspeed moving being.
Slade is concrete.Logan is pushover
QUOTE=4718614]Originally posted by who?-kid

1. Strenght: Equal?My dear friend, Slade is at last Class 2 tons at max he'll be 5 Tons of strenght, certainly not a mere 800 lbs like Logan.
2. Speed: Not even close, Slade brain activity, reflexes, precog and ground speed are sufficients to make Wolverine looking like a low experienced hero.
3. experience: Logan is around from more time, but Slade entered in the army when he was a child, and to live he hunts people, this is equal or very close.
4. Durability: Wolverine's bones are more durable, but Slade can fall from a 10th floor building without reporting injuries, certainly Wolvie can chop off his arms, but Slade can grow them back.
5. Stamina: Heal Factor=High stamina, they are equal here.
6. Intelligence: Slade by far.
7 Costume: Slade has a tactical costume, and looks a mix between a ninja and a swat guy, they are equal.

CorderaMitchell
I agree with the most part, but I think wolverine has more healing, though I can't exactly say anymore, hell.

Creshosk
Originally posted by K3VIL
Slade 10/10.
Slade outclass Logan in every sector.
Slade has concrete proof of his skills that aren't pushover.
He stabbed a low experienced Flash, Wolverine catched a lightspeed moving being.
Slade is concrete.Logan is pushover

1. Strenght: Equal?My dear friend, Slade is at last Class 2 tons at max he'll be 5 Tons of strenght, certainly not a mere 800 lbs like Logan.
2. Speed: Not even close, Slade brain activity, reflexes, precog and ground speed are sufficients to make Wolverine looking like a low experienced hero.
3. experience: Logan is around from more time, but Slade entered in the army when he was a child, and to live he hunts people, this is equal or very close.
4. Durability: Wolverine's bones are more durable, but Slade can fall from a 10th floor building without reporting injuries, certainly Wolvie can chop off his arms, but Slade can grow them back.
5. Stamina: Heal Factor=High stamina, they are equal here.
6. Intelligence: Slade by far.
7 Costume: Slade has a tactical costume, and looks a mix between a ninja and a swat guy, they are equal. Experience also counts for very little if you can't apply it as well, Slade being a faster thinker is able to use his experience better than Wolverine could.

willRules
Originally posted by zachrivard
dont be hatin on the story- Strange gets bored so he test out his magic skills and sees if he can transport people between realms. Once slade gets there he decieds to have fun and see if he can control his mind and get him to kill professor x. my story is good. if u have a problem w/ it make a better one

LOL

Im not gonna insult your story, it just seems a bit silly that Xavier falls so quickly. He is too underrated on these forums...........

Creshosk
LOL

Im not gonna insult your story, it just seems a bit silly that Xavier falls so quickly. He is too underrated on these forums........... Maybe he was asleep.

willRules
Good point.

But in the X-men/Teen titans crossover he was asleep and i think he managed to take a couple of Titans with him when they finally knocked him out............

Farseer
Is this Slade as in the group that made the catchy but irritating christmas song: Merry Xmas Everybody! Just wondering, since it might make a difference... smile

willRules
Originally posted by Farseer
Is this Slade as in the group that made the catchy but irritating christmas song: Merry Xmas Everybody! Just wondering, since it might make a difference... smile

Yeah Wolvie says ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! bub

thezenbrawler
does slade have his guns, cause he can shoot the holy $#!t out of wolverine, but if not, i believe wolverine is the better fighter, and wolvie has extended enduramnce, so i think he can last longer than slade.

zachrivard
LOL

Im not gonna insult your story, it just seems a bit silly that Xavier falls so quickly. He is too underrated on these forums...........

i am not saying that Xavier falls so quickly. Do u not think that slade could ASASSINATE xaavier if he had prep? i think he could do it. slade didnt fight xavier he asassinated him

zachrivard
i think wolverine would win rember that both of them have acesses to stock piles of slades weapons

zachrivard
wolverine 7/10

Creshosk
i think wolverine would win rember that both of them have acesses to stock piles of slades weapons But Slade has more knowledge of where and which ones would be more effective.

And he's still a guy that hangs with WW for a little bit. . .

I still don't see how wolverine even gets 1/10 . . unless he got lucky and grabbed the right weapon. . . but then Slade would know where the counter to that weapon was. . .

zachrivard
wolverine has been along for a long time i am sure he know how to use weapons

long pig
Ok, let me do the stats.
No biased info I swear.....evil face

Strength: Slade. 2ton bench, 5 ton dead lift. Wolverine benches around 900.

Speed: Slade. I say this because of more than 3 occasions of taking on light speeders and a direct quote from a Wonder Woman comic saying his reflexes and agility are faster than WonderWoman's super speed. WW can fly and fight around the speed of sound, slade can do something around that for a very short time. example: intentionally deflecting bullets with his sword to show his speed to an enemy, he was showing off. Whether it's for physical or mental reasons, he is certainly faster.

Skill: I'm giving this to Wolverine. Although he isn't that much older than Slade, he IS a samurai and who knows what else. Wolverine takes this section, but not by a lot.

Durability: Wolverine. But not by as much as most people think, at full power(Slade was not at full power during his entire series), Slade can heal wounds at say Cyber's level.

Stamina: I've yet to see a difference between the two.

Intelligence: Slade by a monumental degree. This is his greatest weapon, the rest of his powers are over kill.

Coolest costume: Spiderman. Spiderman has the greatest costume ever.

When he fought Batman, the only reason he was hurt was because he had fallen off the top of a huge building. Batman didn't do anything.

thezenbrawler
i think slade, cause think about it, some here are saying hes 10x faster than humans, so that means by the time logan lands 1 punch( or thrust) slades already landed 10

long pig
Wolverine isn't human though, thezen.

He's not as fast imo, but he isn't a slouch in the speed depo by any means.

who?-kid
Originally posted by K3VIL

It doesn't matter my dear friend, if Slade is a bit stronger - Wolverine has hung with Hulk on more than one occasion (I agree there certainly is some bad writing involved here) but still, he dances with Hulk for a while and can hurt him big time.

That Class 2 thing won't make any difference at all.

(The only thing Slade can do to Hulk - imo - is annoy him and dodge his attacks.)

Pointinel
^iight

who?-kid
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
How hard would it be for him to do that though?

Wolverine is pretty predictable, particularly for slade...
Hmm...

I wouldn't call Wolverine predictable. When written right, Wolverine is a cunning fighter who fights on instinct and on skill at the same time.

He is overrated at these forums by some members, but the fact remains he is an extremely deadly opponent.

Pointinel
^funny dude

Alexis_88
slade rules all...(well not really "lol"wink

Onikirimaru
Slade. He just fights smarter.

Alexis_88
wtf?
sweet suit (pink) lol
no offence but thats funky man

Creshosk
wolverine has been along for a long time i am sure he know how to use weapons That's not in question. What is is the location of the weapons and what beats what.

They are slade's weapons, he knows where they are and he knows what weapon beats what.

Alexis_88
yo cresh you really think wolfverine would have a chance?
(slade is a smarter guy)
(see my point)

Creshosk
Originally posted by Alexis_88
yo cresh you really think wolfverine would have a chance?
(slade is a smarter guy)
(see my point) I don't think Wolverine could win this one at all.

Slade hangs with Wonder Woman. Freaking Wonder Woman!

Wolverine hangs with the hulk, but there is a great amount of difference there. . .

Alexis_88
really?
explain!!!!!

Creshosk
really?
explain!!!!! Hulk doesn't start off as fast, storng or as competent as WW:

http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds1.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds2.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds3.jpg
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds4.jpg

Then when she finally gets a hold of him, she punches him a good one in the gut and he's out like a light....as he should be.

He lasted a little bit.

Alexis_88
kool thats incerdiple

Juntai
lol, I forgot about this.
Going toe to toe with WW is something.

Alexis_88
who are u?
(lol jking)

supremthor
if i rem slade defeated the whole x-men including wolverine.

Creshosk
Originally posted by supremthor
if i rem slade defeated the whole x-men including wolverine. While that was a pretty good crossover in my opinion, cross company crossovers aren't generally accepted as canon.

Juntai
Slade would win this fight with relative ease

Juntai
Also what crossover is that, when that happened?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juntai
Also what crossover is that, when that happened? X-Men and Teetitans.

It was sort of a teamup of the Teen Titans and the X-Men against Darkseid and Dark Phoenix.

CorderaMitchell
Hmm...

I wouldn't call Wolverine predictable. When written right, Wolverine is a cunning fighter who fights on instinct and on skill at the same time.

He is overrated at these forums by some members, but the fact remains he is an extremely deadly opponent.

He can, but his personality usually is to take the hits, based on the fact that he can.

I just see slade able to take him out more often than not, he should be able to kill him fine enough.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
Hulk doesn't start off as fast, storng or as competent as WW:

He lasted a little bit.

Hulk would put wolvie to sleep.

zachrivard
i stilll dont think slade would be able to beat wolverine rember wolverine is pretty pissed and is basicaly in blood rage slade is goin down

Dizzle
How? Wolverine's advantage in almost every fight is his claws. Slade has a sword and a staff, both as indestructible as Wolvie's claws and skeleton. They're both around equal in terms of skill. Slade is stronger and a lot faster, thanks to his precognition. With preparation of the battlefield, he actually feasibly stabbed Flash. (well, made him run into a sword...) Rage is usually good for Wolvie, but for someone with a significant speed edge and a good amount of skill can use stuff like that to his advantage.

Oh, and on my first post on page one, I said Slade could use the staff blasts to stop Logan from pulling the sword out of his heart, not actually to kill him.

jinzin
just something to take note of...
slade's brain capacity and tictical skills allow him to do the whole 4 steps ahead in a fight thing pretty well...however in fighting DC characters a major advantage he has is his knowledge of them...

lacking a sufficient amount of knoweledge in a fight against wolverine could be a MAJOR difference in this fight.

Wanderer259
Supposedly, unless stated otherwise, all characters have a working knowledge of each other. I don't see any problem here, considering Wolverine hasn't many, if any, subtleties.

zachrivard
i think wolverine could take this considerin that he is angry and wil make fast unpredictable moves

srankmissingnin
It baffels me that people actually think Slade stabbing someone with perception and reaction time that transcend lightspeed is credible. It is feat exponentially worse then Wolverine surviving a nuke...

Creshosk
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It baffels me that people actually think Slade stabbing someone with perception and reaction time that transcend lightspeed is credible. It is feat exponentially worse then Wolverine surviving a nuke... PIS not involving Wolverine is credible.

CorderaMitchell
It baffels me that people actually think Slade stabbing someone with perception and reaction time that transcend lightspeed is credible. It is feat exponentially worse then Wolverine surviving a nuke...

I don't think it is a good source either...

Flash can react to that before slade even attacks, that works in comic world.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
PIS not involving Wolverine is credible.

cry me a river...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I don't think it is a good source either...

Flash can react to that before slade even attacks, that works in comic world.

Really, it would be like you starting to throw a punch at me right now that would hit him in a couple of years... and some how (even though you r fist has been slowly moving closer to me for years) you manage to hit me.

Its ridicules!

Slade limbs away from fights with Batman, and has been stalemated or given a good show by lower level street level heroes (and a blind Aquaman). And lets be honest his fight with WW isn't anything special... she seems to forget she has superspeed alot and it wasn't like she was pulling out all the stops. What exactly gives DS a huge edge in this fight? Is it is abilty to be worked over by Batman, Eddie Fryers, Azrael and Nightwing? Or is it a few heavy in PIS examples that make Wolverine taking a nuke look like... a passible story line?

Slade's big edge in any fight his prep time, he makes better use of then Batman (or at least more leathal use). While is MA skills are still high end they don't even begin to measure up to Batman's. This is why dispite being more then 5 times stronger then Batman (and not to mention faster) he still takes a beating... hell if Batman was a villian with no qualms about taking alive chances are he would taken out DS long ago.

CorderaMitchell
Really, it would be like you starting to throw a punch at me right now that would hit him in a couple of years... and some how (even though you r fist has been slowly moving closer to me for years) you manage to hit me.

Its ridicules!

Slade limbs away from fights with Batman, and has been stalemated or given a good show by lower level street level heroes (and a blind Aquaman). And lets be honest his fight with WW isn't anything special... she seems to forget she has superspeed alot and it wasn't like she was pulling out all the stops. What exactly gives DS a huge edge in this fight? Is it is abilty to be worked over by Batman, Eddie Fryers, Azrael and Nightwing? Or is it a few heavy in PIS examples that make Wolverine taking a nuke look like... a passible story line?

Slade's big edge in any fight his prep time, he makes better use of then Batman (or at least more leathal use). While is MA skills are still high end they don't even begin to measure up to Batman's. This is why dispite being more then 5 times stronger then Batman (and not to mention faster) he still takes a beating... hell if Batman was a villian with no qualms about taking alive chances are he would taken out DS long ago.

There are slade boys out there too, some think he can just waltz in and beat the jla. With no prep.

Either way, I don't listen to everything that is written, if it doesn't make sense, period.

zachrivard
pis is not credible slade stabbing flash depending on how u look at it is pis. Flash is way too fast to get stabbed, but it happened. if u read that comic or even seen the panels it wasnt that bad pis

long pig
You keep forgetting Flash can barely break the sound barrier when he has to dodge objects like people or bombs.

Go look at the time where he heard the gun shot and went after it, he said and I quote "I can barely break the sound barrier when I have to dodge around things!"
Slade's reflexes are on par with that speed.

He didn't limp away from anything Batman did, he limped away from jumping out a 20 story window and landing on his shoulder.
Even that healed that day, and all he said was "These wounds will heal quick but the mental fight will last a while." that's it.

Never under concrete footing. He's either on a job or holding back.

This shows that you're hating.

He blinded Aquaman THEN he beat him AND blew the house up that Aquaman was in.

He was stated as being faster and he made her bleed.

Speed, Skill, Intelligence, Strength etc etc.

And if Slade wanted Batman dead, he would have done it long ago.
Seeing he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne and he knows where Bruce lives.....

I've shown you proof after proof after proof, yet you still lie about things.
I showed you the Aquaman fight, you lied before it and you're still lying to people about that fight.
What's your problem?

zachrivard
hmmmmm

zachrivard
i think that since they started at opposite ends of a 100 yard bunker that wolverine will win this. wolverine has better senses he would know where slade is at all times. Wolverine has better eyes and ears then slade does

Juntai
i think that since they started at opposite ends of a 100 yard bunker that wolverine will win this. wolverine has better senses he would know where slade is at all times. Wolverine has better eyes and ears then slade does Have you not been reading? Slade can see microscopic, he's faster, stronger, has more weapons available, healing factor, immortal, and super reaction... borders precog.

Juntai
pis is not credible slade stabbing flash depending on how u look at it is pis. Flash is way too fast to get stabbed, but it happened. if u read that comic or even seen the panels it wasnt that bad pis
It's not the first time he's down Wally either.
He downed Wally with the Titans before too.
And when he was fighting current JLA in his own title.
He downs Wally EVERY time.

CorderaMitchell
You keep forgetting Flash can barely break the sound barrier when he has to dodge objects like people or bombs.

Go look at the time where he heard the gun shot and went after it, he said and I quote "I can barely break the sound barrier when I have to dodge around things!"
Slade's reflexes are on par with that speed.

He didn't limp away from anything Batman did, he limped away from jumping out a 20 story window and landing on his shoulder.
Even that healed that day, and all he said was "These wounds will heal quick but the mental fight will last a while." that's it.

Never under concrete footing. He's either on a job or holding back.

This shows that you're hating.

He blinded Aquaman THEN he beat him AND blew the house up that Aquaman was in.

He was stated as being faster and he made her bleed.

Speed, Skill, Intelligence, Strength etc etc.

And if Slade wanted Batman dead, he would have done it long ago.
Seeing he knows Batman is Bruce Wayne and he knows where Bruce lives.....

I've shown you proof after proof after proof, yet you still lie about things.
I showed you the Aquaman fight, you lied before it and you're still lying to people about that fight.
What's your problem?

Damn lp!!

I think he was just pointing out logic, wow, you went at that like white on rice.

Juntai
^^ Slade beats most characters that aren't Godling level or up with ease.

Alexis_88
hey can some one tell me some thing?

CorderaMitchell

I know what he has done, yadda yadda, but he's had trouble by less.

Either way he is a difficult opponent, and I see him beating wolverine...

CorderaMitchell
hey can some one tell me some thing?

something

Alexis_88
yah how you get the picture under the name?

zachrivard
i change my mind slade beats wolverine

CorderaMitchell
yah how you get the picture under the name?
You don't know?

Get a pic, online somewhere, and save it to your PC. yahoo and google search, are the best.

Edit it and save it as gif and jpeg...

For avatar, it has to be 64x64, and you go to "quick links". Edit avatar.

Go to the bottom of the screen, and there is a " custom option". Go to browse, and upload the saved file from your comp.

THATS YOUR AVATAR!!

Signatures have to be 450x150, do the same as you did with avatar.

Save it, and go to "quick links" edit signature. Upload your sigpic, and then you must copy and paste the code it gives you, to your sig box.

Go to submit modifications, and thats your sig.
pm me with questions...

Alexis_88
thanks

Dizzle

He didn't run up to Flash and stab him... He had the sword waiting where he knew Flash would run to, so Wally ran into it after dodging some explosives Slade had planted. It wasn't so much showing Slade's speed as showing his A: Great prep work and B: godly reflexes.

I agree, Deathstroke could never just swing at Wally and hope to hit him, but this instance wasn't even like that, as you make it out to be.

Alexis_88
im back

long pig
That's just retarded.

Juntai
It also happens to be mostly true.
When I say Godling, I mean JLA style characters.
Darkseid refers to Superman as Godling.
And Slade didn't even try it with Supes, he just tried to run.

zachrivard
huh?

long pig
Slade nearly killed Superman once with kryptonite infused sniper bullets.

He was going to shoot, then he decided not to at the last minute.

srankmissingnin
You and I both know that isn't true, the Flash has evacuated an entire city out of the range of a nuclear bomb after the bomb detonated, and it was a major city to boot. He also was using his speed when he was trying to find the person who was control GL before his attack hit Diana... and this was around your average human.

I'm telling ya' the Flash doesn't need to slow down to sonic speed to avoid objects, if he did he would be nothing compared to... oh lets say Zoom. That bullet thing was just some half baked reason the write thought up so the idea of the Flash getting hit at least approached making sense.

Well the fall was maybe 15 feet, both he and Batman took the fall together and he didn't start showing his limb until after Batman kicked him threw the large window, which was a bit after the fall. Im sure it's possible a fall of around 15 did that much damage to him... but I doubt it.

Well that is certainly the case with his Batgirl fight. I don't think thats what the writer was going for at the time, he just wanted to make Cass look badass by making Slade look like a chump (I mean he was trying yo hit her... he just couldn't) but DC fixed that, and made it pretty clear DS is superior to Cass. But what about Eddie Fryers and Azrael? They held their own just fine, and even Nightwing (yes I know he gets spanked often my Stroke) as manged to overwelm DS when he has the element of surprise.

...right

You showed me the Aquaman/Hal Jordan and DS "fight"? I think I remember you posting some scans from the issue on here... but I had the issue before that.

For those who want to know what happened Hal was acted like a moron and DS him out and blinded Aquaman with a flash grenade then came in for the attack. He kicked Aquaman once, Aquaman (while blind) grabbed his leg and threw him threw the wall of the dilapidated building they were fighting in. DS blasted out a support beam then ran away.

zachrivard
intesting

srankmissingnin
He didn't run up to Flash and stab him... He had the sword waiting where he knew Flash would run to, so Wally ran into it after dodging some explosives Slade had planted. It wasn't so much showing Slade's speed as showing his A: Great prep work and B: godly reflexes.

I agree, Deathstroke could never just swing at Wally and hope to hit him, but this instance wasn't even like that, as you make it out to be.

You need to take into consideration just how fast the Flash is, he often operates at speeds many orders of magnitude above c and he does so just as easily as you and I would run. He precieves the world at light speed, thats how fast his mind works and thats how fast he reacts.... light speed! Unless the Flash had his eyes closed he should have had ampel time to avoid the sword even if it was at the very last picosecond. There is also the fact that DS sword was at his side (or sheathed I forget) when the Flash started his attack, so it need to be postioned.

The only way this works is if the Flash never saw the sword at all... but that makes no sense either.

jinzin
i just figure in comic land it's not such a far fetched idea.....

slade: flash is going to try and dodge, I'll overcompensate, he'll overcompensate for that, so I'll continue to over compensate....repeat, repeat until the blade meets wally...

also ds's sword was everywhere in that fight, he was holding it when it started, then it was suddently behind his back, then he had it out again to nail hawkman, then is was sheathed again before he hit the ground...

Dizzle
Even if he saw it, moving fast creates momentum. If you're running and something suddenly pops in front of you, it probably takes more than half a step to slow down. Flash sees things damn fast, but he also runs damn fast. He runs with about the same precision as a human (but a whole lot faster), meaning that even if he sees something before it hits, he can't necessarily stop himself fast enough to avoid it.

Also, no one goes from standing to full speed instantly. Flash needs some room to build up to lightspeed.

jinzin
it's also not too entirely inplausable to say that he didn't see it completely....I mean what if slade predicted where flashes eyes would be meeting his figure...and held the sword at such an angle as to create the optical illusion that there was nothing of note even there....

srankmissingnin
Even if he saw it, moving fast creates momentum. If you're running and something suddenly pops in front of you, it probably takes more than half a step to slow down. Flash sees things damn fast, but he also runs damn fast. He runs with about the same precision as a human (but a whole lot faster), meaning that even if he sees something before it hits, he can't necessarily stop himself fast enough to avoid it.

Also, no one goes from standing to full speed instantly. Flash needs some room to build up to lightspeed.

Yet he did managed to stop pretty quickly after being impaled... instead of careening into DS several times faster then the speed of sound

I think I see where your getting with that...

Its a magic sword!

jinzin
maybe he has a surgically implanted arm that has the speed force in it.... confused

srankmissingnin
Also the speed force lets you do crap like steal moment from other people, I have to imagine it would let you disperse your own.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jinzin
maybe he has a surgically implanted arm that has the speed force in it.... confused

*Head explodes*

And here I thought the speed force couldn't get any dumber...

Quick delete that post before someone at DC sees it!

jinzin
I think since we have two PIS generating characters in a fight here...we should turn all pis cis on...anything can be used as a valid argument.....(like long pigs one from a while back)....it's only fair....

jinzin
*Head explodes*

And here I thought the speed force couldn't get any dumber...

Quick delete that post before someone at DC sees it!

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
I think since we have two PIS generating characters in a fight here...we should turn all pis cis on...anything can be used as a valid argument.....(like long pigs one from a while back)....it's only fair....

Are you mad! Do you want the universe to explode?

jinzin
yesssssssssssssssssssssss......................shifty

long pig
Weither you want to believe it or not, it's true and I've shown you example after example.

Flash can NOT reach lightspeed/supersonic speed while having to dance around objects. End.

So....things that happen in Flash comics by Flash writers over and over aren't canon because you don't belive it should be?

He jumped out of the 10 story or so window with batman on TOP.
That weight combined with the fall would break anyones bones, and it did his. He healed up while he was on his motorcycle.
10 minutes tops.

No he wasn't. He was trying to finish his job and she butted in, she proved more than he expected so he finished it by throwing a grenade and going after his mark.

She didn't hurt him or even slightly out class him, if he didn't hold back, he'd have just shot her point blank.

Again, saying the comics are wrong and you are right.
What in the hell....?

He has nearly killed all three almost every time they meet.

Anytime they do well is just a low showing, everyone has them.
No big deal, you and I both know on equal footing and all out, he'd take all three no sweat.

I know.

....four times.

Wrong.

Slade nuttchecked Hal AFTER talking down to Hal like a child, then he broke Hal's jaw.

Aquaman came in, Slade bounced around him (Remember, Slade himself said he wasn't half as strong as normal in this comic, his physical powers were all but gone. All he had then was his enhanced mind.) dodging Aquaman.
Slade notices Aquaman's keen sight so he blinds him with a flare, then he shoots out the beam and leaves.

He owned Aquaman there, and if he was full powered, he'd owned him even harder.

long pig
See Slade holding his arm before Batman kicks him?

He fell friggin 30 feet or so with Batman on top of him!

Who looks like they were more effected by a kick here?

Slade or Batman?

zachrivard
this has got to be the longest thread that i started, i am so happy

zachrivard
altough its gotten off track

zachrivard
what if slade had no weapons? i think wolverine would beat him if he did have any weapons

jinzin
with no weapons it wouldn't be much of a fight....it would be more of a "how long can slade avoid wolverine" argument...

zachrivard
with no weapons it wouldn't be much of a fight....it would be more of a "how long can slade avoid wolverine" argument...

slade is still a great fighter w/ out his weapons

jinzin
no doubt about that...but being a great fighter isn't going to help much when somebody's got a better healing factor, higher durability, and can scewer you with one hit.

zachrivard
well said

srankmissingnin
And I have given examples (plural, opposed to your one bullet example) of him doing it, now I'm sure acceleration is more difficult when you need to avoid an object... but it's not like he hasn't done it.

I never said it wasn't canon, it is 100% canon, in the same way that Wolverine taking a nuke is canon. It being a real a canon feat doesn't exclude it from being crap.

They fight took place on a massive building at least 80 stories I would say but the never dropped down more then... 5 (I'd say more like 3) stories from the window DS crashed through before Batman showed up. And while the did drop down to a lower level several times they never took more then a 15 foot drop.

Wait... what? I think we misunderstood each other here. Deathstroke WAS playing with her in there first encounter but I don't think that was the impression they were trying to leave when the issue first came out. He never hit her in the fight and it wasn't for a lack of trying, and even him holding back... that is crap. The recent "fight" between the two reestablished that DS was by far Cass' superior and shows that the only way the last meeting made an once of sense was if DS was just messing around but I don't think thats how the issue was intended to be viewed when it first came around.

... Basically I'm agreeing with you

Right about that.

Thing is though, while incredible fast and agile, DS has not shown the ability to avoid with out question attacks from... lets be honest mid to low level streets. It is very likely that DS could beat NW, Eddie Fryers and Azrael at the same time but it doesn't stop them from tagging him or on the odd occasion giving him a bit of trouble.

Is Deathstroke faster then Wolverine? Certainly but the difference is so slim that it makes little difference to the out come of the fight. If Bronze Tiger and Batman are landing hits on him it seems pretty extreme to believe Wolverine can't do the same.

He sure did! Take that Hal! It's a must see for people who think Hal makes Kyle look bad...

Slade used the flash grenade first though, before that he was sneaking around the empty building then Hal caught him. The "fight" lasted one page and consisted of DS bouncing of Aquaman, DS kicking Aquaman, Aquaman catching DS's foot (in the middle of a second attack not as a result of the first kick) and throwing him threw something... I think it was an old wall, and ended with DS should out a support beam and dropping the building on Aquaman. It wasn't much of a fight

And since we are also on this topic as well DS tripped Flash and blasted him in that issue also IIRC... and it was crap there also!

jinzin
i'm telling you..these two guys generate too much pis cis not to turn it on....do it....do it...

zachrivard
maybe i should make a deathstroke vs flash thread

Wanderer259
By your own admission, they dropped a minimum of 3 stories. Considering most stories are a minimum of 8 feet in height, that means they dropped a minimum of 24 feet, not 15. Since this is a massive office-type skyscraper, I'd say its individual stories are more than 8 feet.

So Deathstroke has been hit by lower-tier characters, so that means something. Yet when this is argued about Spider-Man, it's just PIS/CIS. Not trying to be an ass to Spidey supporters in other threads, but still. Slade does have superhuman speed to go along with his superhuman strength.

jinzin
maybe i should make a deathstroke vs flash thread

trust me dude..there's seriously no point in doing that....

every flash fan knows that he can take out ds before ds should even be able to react....

but every deathstroke fan has seen him drop flash and other speedsters with relative ease....

no-one's going to be changing their minds and it will be one long and redundant circular thread....just like wolvie vs. spidey...

jinzin
"So Deathstroke has been hit by lower-tier characters, so that means something. Yet when this is argued about Spider-Man, it's just PIS/CIS."

precisely......glad you've finally come to see the light...anytime spiderman's EVER lost has been pis/cis.

srankmissingnin
See Slade holding his arm before Batman kicks him?

He fell friggin 30 feet or so with Batman on top of him!

Who looks like they were more effected by a kick here?

Slade or Batman?

Slade is leaning on a window with on arm the other at his side, when he leaves the building the arm at his side is the one he is holding.

Slade has a hurt shoulder and Batman is out cold, its pretty clear that Bruce took more damage... then again Bruce's kick just set him through a window instead of face first into a book self

Also I just checked the issue and at the start there is a better view of the building and from the spot the fight starts to where it finishes is a good 15 stories at least. The fight scenes are misleading and I was just skipping to the meat of the battle for references, but you are right somewhere in there they take a massive fall, it just isn't rendered very well.

zachrivard
i know what pis is but what is "cis"?

jinzin
i know what pis is but what is "cis"?

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates

Wanderer259
I'm just saying that it can't go both ways. Either it's plausible for Spidey to get hit or it's bad writing that Slade got hit so easily by lower-tier characters. At least when he isn't 'letting' them.

srankmissingnin
For one DS is no Spiderman and two Spiderman fanboys are the only ones that think Spiderman being hit by other street levels is PIS. After the hundreds of times its happened every one else has just assumed the one time Spiderman said he had 45x human reflexes was a hyperbole. After all if we believed everything the characters said about them self then we most except DP is the worlds greats lover...

Wanderer259
Wasn't meant towards you in specific, really. However, Slade is theoretically substantially faster than, say, Batman. His superhuman speed, coupled with his reflexes and blah blah, should be sufficient to let him get around unscathed for at least a while against lower tier characters.

Dude, Deadpool could the World's Greatest Lover. He just never gets to show it. big grin

long pig
I have it on good authority that Deadpool is the worlds greatest lover.....
droolio

Wanderer259
Something tells me, Longpig, that I don't want to know.

jinzin
hehe I love deadpool...

srankmissingnin
Okay Deadpool is the worlds greatest lover... lets move on lol

long pig
You tease....droolio

jinzin
woops...here we go again...

jinzin

zachrivard
wacko wacko

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>