Zombie's Hallowen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I just watched the new Halloween online. I must admit that i was very skeptical towards this movie, even given Zombie's track record as a director. I must say, however, i was surprisingly fulfilled as i believe most horror and Halloween fans alike will be. The remake focused more on Myers himself and the phsychology that drove him to murderous tendancies, rather than the babysitter. Infact the first half of the film is dedicated to Myers childhood and establishing his character. I think this was a great direction to take. I believe this aspect of the film will win over the hearts of the Halloween fans. Although Zombie's direction and vision is realized in a vivid and realistic manner, the second half of the film feels out of place.
Zombie did a great job in un filtering the brutality in the beginning murder scenes, so much so, that the first half of the film feels like a bigraphical study of a serial killer. I think this is what hurts the second half of the move. When Myers begins his rampage over Haddenfiled, the movie takes on that traditional slasher atmosphere. This isnt a bad thing it just seems inconsistant with the fisrt half of the movie. I wodner if this was deliberate decision on Zombie's part.
Over all The movie is very enetertaining, and most of the film is very well made. I do, howver, have quarrels with the last twenty minutes. As far as comparing the two, this is all but impossible. They are two very different styles. Where Carpenter created suspense from impending doom, Zombie creates tension in the midst of occuring doom. carpenters is much more suspensfull and holds a more seamless direction for the story. Zombie brings realism, history, and brutatlity to the table though. I heard a review tag line on TV saying that this is a great campion piece to the original. I beleive that is the best description for this rendition.

I give the flick 7/10 as a horror movie
9/10 as a zombie movie

ragesRemorse
If a Mod out there could be so kind and remove this thread i woul be ever greatfull. i didnt know how to edit the Thread title, sorry for the hassle

mr.smiley
Well I can't delete the thread but I realy did love this movie.Much better than the last few Halloween movies.I think it was on par with the first.It was more like a documentary of a serial killer imo.I would love to see Zombie get his own take at Friday the Thirteenth and A Nighmare On Elm Street.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.