Help!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hayden'sgurl
My friend knows i'm a huge Star Wars fan and asked me this: if Star Wars is a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away, how come they have such greater technoligy than we do? Well i don't know how to answer her. How can i answer her?? Happy Dance <-- that's interesting.--> Happy Dance

Ushgarak
That's pretty simple; they evolved long before we did.

LanceWindu
Just like Ush said.

Except you could also say it like this:

Different galaxies evolve at different paces. Just as different cultures do here on earth. As in Most of the world is highly evolved, yet there are still places out there that don't know what electricity is.

yerssot
problem is with the "a long time ago"
they started evolving earlier, much earlier

mah
em..dont think there are any who doesn't KNOW what it is

Julie
Tell her not to think too deeply on the subject....it'll hurt her head....but if you insist on an answer...I believe the ones given are adequate....dwell more on the far far away part....

yerssot
the Mongolia tribes? don't know their name but they life in the Kalahari Desert, ...

Julie
and....................

yerssot
and I'm pretty sure they don't know what electricity is

Julie
ok.....maybe they do know they just choose not to use it....

Tex
Like the Amish

Mujaffa
they're really smart people like George Lucas

yerssot
Amish? I highly doubt it wink

Julie
*sigh*....it's all going to chaos.....

Hayden'sgurl
k..... thanks guys smile

BackFire349
ahhh, but heres another question for you guys. if episode 1 - 3 took place before episode 4-6. then how come the technology and spaceships in episode 1-3 are so much more advanced then in episode 4-6?

Ushgarak
They aren't more advanced. The reason the tech levels are the same is due to the obvious stagnation in the Republic.

BackFire349
they sure look more advanced.

Ushgarak
Just better graphics. But the ships are not as good; the Jedi require portable hyperspace gates instead of the built-in units X-Wings have; the walkers in AOTC are precurors to the AT-ATs from ESB and we can all see the Death Star in development...

LanceWindu
Everything in the PT looks better because in the OT they are in a civil war and supplies are probably runnning low and they are mass producing everything in large quantities.

So obviously the ships won't look as slick.

finti
Actually I think the space ships in EP I &II looks less advanced than the ones we see in EP IV-VI

Ushgarak
Indeed. The PT ships are built in a time of aesthetics; designed to look nice as well as fly. By the OT time all that has gone out the window and all they are interested in is practicality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.