When will we see ROTS on tv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
ROTS came out in 2005 and its been long enough to be shown on tv ! anyone know when it will be shown on tv ? I dont have sky movies sad

You where the choosen one !!!!!!! big grin

steverules
I saw it on Sky movies sci-fi...or it may have been sci-fi horror...but nothing on normal TV yet, it'll be a long time before we see it on TV

Council#13
I saw it on TV once.

Atticus
i saw it on hbo

Schecter
indeed. the only way to truly experience a film is full screen low resolution basic cable/network tv, complete with pan & scan and scenes cut out for 15 minute commercial runs.

Tangible God
Originally posted by coolmovies
ROTS came out in 2005 and its been long enough to be shown on tv ! anyone know when it will be shown on tv ? I dont have sky movies sad

You where the choosen one !!!!!!! big grin Where's the Chosen One you ask? I dunno. In Grammar Land maybe.

queeq
Choosen One... laughing out loud

General G
Come on queeq, your better than that...

I saw it one TV a couple times.

Alliance
...its been on.

General G
Multiple times.

queeq
Has it now?

General G
Yes, actually.

queeq
Okay...

Sesse
In Finland...

We have seen all of the Lord of the rings movies from the national tv-stations.

BUT. Only Episode 1 has been shown to us...
No Attack of the clones.
No Revenge of the Sith.

Don't know what exactly is their problem with this...

.:Space Opera:.
the movie sucked so... any major network would rightfully decide not to take up air time with that piece of trash.

queeq
Now now...

.:Space Opera:.
Its true.... wait wait.. I forgot where I am.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Revenge of the Sith prolly won't to be regular tv much, but it has been on HBO and Cinemax countless times, which I watch each and every time.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
the movie sucked so... any major network would rightfully decide not to take up air time with that piece of trash.

which sucky movie are you referring to?

Both of them landed in the top 25 films of ALL TIME and the last one out landed in the top 10.

So I'm still trying to figure out which "sucky" movie you think a TV station wouldn't want to play. stick out tongue

smoker4
Originally posted by Schecter
indeed. the only way to truly experience a film is full screen low resolution basic cable/network tv, complete with pan & scan and scenes cut out for 15 minute commercial runs.

heehee

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Revenge of the Sith prolly won't to be regular tv much, but it has been on HBO and Cinemax countless times, which I watch each and every time.

Que?

Schecter
its not really a debate until once again SS tried to imply a direct connection between box office income and cinematic greatness. which would of course imply that titanic was far better than any star wars film.

sithsaber408
No, no.

I wasn't implying that.

Rather, I was trying to say that a network exec wouldn't look at any of th PT as risk to put on TV. They were profitable fims.

They might be considered "sucky" by some, maybe even said exec... but they still made have enough fans that it would be a smart move.

Schecter
Originally posted by sithsaber408
No, no.

I wasn't implying that.

Rather, I was trying to say that a network exec wouldn't look at any of th PT as risk to put on TV. They were profitable fims.

They might be considered "sucky" by some, maybe even said exec... but they still made have enough fans that it would be a smart move.

well in that case i agree.

queeq
Yup

frankenfeltch
A studio exec might also realize that this was a galvanized film that was awesome during the hype, then once the hype died down people realized how bad it was. First time I went to the theater to see ROTS, I walked out going "OMGOMGOMGOMG that was amazing" like the dumb little fanboy I am. I went again the next day and realized that there wasn't really anything to this film at all. Just pretty effects and Natalie Portman.

On that note, how can any director make Natalie Portman give a bad performance? Well George seemed to pull it off.

Schecter
im more amazed that he was able to make her ugly.

queeq
laughing out loud

frankenfeltch
yeah, there were parts where she was vaguely unattractive.

...this doesn't mean I wouldn't make out with her though.

queeq
No... there are plenty of movies to keep her properly in mind.

General G
She didn't look to good bald though.

queeq
You looked at het scalp?

General G
Some of the shots only allowed for that, it kind of brings attention to itself.

queeq
It's obscene of you to do that.

Exador
We haven't seen AOTC on TV, and because of the VHS tapes not being released anywhere except on the internet. I don't think we'll ever see it on regular TV. It's been almost 3 years since ROTS came out, so unless you have special channels, then you probably won't see it on cable

queeq
It has been on TV in my country.

vintageSW77
I reckon ROTS will be on uk terrestrial tv in 4 wks time.
They are running one flick a week on one of the 5 channels here and i reckon that theyve got ROTS lined up last.

coolmovies
yes you are right on ITV 1 just saw ESB

vintageSW77
I watched the last 20 mins and Boba didnt have a NZ accent so if they are still showing the S.E maybe ITV1 havent yet bought ROTS.

coolmovies
I saw a preview and they are showing all six movies including ROTS.
after Rotj they will show the prequel trilogy.

They showing it the way GL made the movies OT then PT

queeq
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I watched the last 20 mins and Boba didnt have a NZ accent so if they are still showing the S.E maybe ITV1 havent yet bought ROTS.

Lucky you, the original voice is much better.

coolmovies
where is the PT GONE ??

queeq
Jack Sparrow voice; But why is the PT gone?

Sadako of Girth
Really...? All six...? Cause whenever Ive seen the trailers showing the movies, ive seen clips from 1,2,4,5, and 6.

Odd and cool.

Well if it happens it'll be the UK network premiere, but as usually its a minimum of 3 years before a movie is screened on network, so I wasn't expecting it til next year... Perhaps they are doing it to ramp up publicity to sell an upcoming DVD set or something.

coolmovies
well it has been three years so they should put it on

queeq
Yup.

Sadako of Girth
3 yrs since 2005...?

Of course Gentlemen, Im not wishing to seem argumentative here, but I thought i'd be three years in May 2008....

queeq
Details.

coolmovies
I think they are holding them back for christmas with ROTS on xmas day

queeq
Who knows. Very cheerful movie for X-mas. wink

Sadako of Girth
Isn't it...!

It may be the final, non-penltimate edit #2652653: The xmas edition with the extended version of the attack on the Jedi temple where Anakin is shown disembowling Rudolph, and force choking several of the elves.

General G
Looking forward to it. wink

queeq
Me too. Finally some fun in the PT.

coolmovies
Hang on TPM will be shown next sunday at 4.15 I wanted a sw maraton !!!! o well sad

~JP~
There was a SW marathon on during Thanksgiving.

queeq
JP!!!!!!

~JP~
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee! eek!

Queeq! smooch

coolmovies
love birds lols

queeq
Hot love birds!!!

JP!!!!

General G
Haha, love birds indeed.

queeq
ROAARR

General G
Oh...my...god.

queeq
You rang? wink

General G
laughing out loud

Large ego much? wink

queeq
wink

General G
Hehe

That's terrible.

queeq
No it isn't.

General G
Kinda.

queeq
Nope. But to show off my powers: CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.