Timeshift

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
This is a new fps where you have time manipulation abilities like stoping/reversing/slowing time here is the trailer of the game also the demo is available on the Market Place.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19271.html

Story in short terms:A modern-age scientists have begun to work on time travel. The antagonist Aiden Krone goes back in time using the alpha suit (the suit from the original build of TimeShift) and does not return. When he reaches the past, he remakes the world in his image, creating a dystopia where Krone rules. At this point, the anonymous protagonist is commissioned to create a military time travel suit (known as the beta suit) and travels back in time to stop Krone.

MadMel
im surprised they haven't released it yet
it was announced ages ago erm

BackFire
played the demo, wasn't impressed.

H. S. 6
I've downloaded the demo, but haven't played it yet.

Has anybody seen the trailer for the supposed upcoming movie? God, it looks terrible.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
played the demo, wasn't impressed.

Yeah, me either. The time controls were kinda of cool, but I didnt relized we were still stuck back in 1999 with the same no recoil guns and enemies taking 20 shots to get down.

Meh, another rental on an raining day.

Shin_Blax
yeah this really didn't imrpess me either.

MadMel
such a shame....
it had so much potential erm

ESB -1138
Do you control time like in the Prince of Persia?

Smasandian
Umm, a bit more in depth with the control of time.

I think in Prince Of Persia you can only rewind time to save you from death, while in this game, you can rewind time, but you can also move while its rewinding so its more of puzzle solving thing.

For instance, I'm about to run through an covered tunnel and just before me an tank blows out the wall and shoots out the wall until it kills me (I cant go anywhere and I cant advance), so before you die, you rewind time and walk past the guard before the wall gets hit.

Estacado
Originally posted by ESB -1138
You can slow down time which makes you faster as well or stop it then you can take the enemies weapons away from them or you can reverse it and set traps like you will know where the enemy will arrive so before he get's there you just place a granade at the spot and he will run right into it.Rewinding and stoping down slows down your speed as well while slowing makes you very fast.

ESB -1138
Sounds cool

Estacado
Sounds cool
Yep the look of the game is a bit similar to Killzone by looking at the enemies and the map though some mechs appear as well the damaging should be fixed cause sometimes it takes a whole clip to kill a guy but playing around with time manipulation can be a lot of fun.

Impediment
I downloaded the trailer on my PS3, but there isn't a demo available in the Playstation Network. The premise looks cool, but I can't make any judgements until I play a demo.

IceJaw
You're not missing much, it's basicaly FEAR - Now with a pause button (xomfg) and less mediocre creepyness.

Smasandian
And rewind and doesnt have the great action FEAR has.

MadMel
basically, no
in p.o.p, you are also affected by time changing
in this, you arent affected at all erm

Soljer
Everyone seems to be panning this, but....

**** me, I have a fetish for chronokinesis. That alone makes me want this.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by MadMel
basically, no
in p.o.p, you are also affected by time changing
in this, you arent affected at all erm

I actually see that as a plus, though. For Timeshift.

Soljer
God damnit. I downloaded and installed the demo, whenever I ran it, Vista told me it would stop responding and had to be closed.

What shit.

Estacado
Originally posted by Soljer

You can use time manipulation in versatile ways....though I doubt most of the people noticed it.

You are able to slow ,stop and reverse time in the game.Slowing time makes your movement faster ,stopping time allows you take away the weapon from the enemy ,reversing time allows you to "set" traps by checking where the enemy will reverse time throw a granade there and he will run right into it or you could "avoid" the granades that were thrown at you.
You can also mix up the manipulation abilities for instance slow time to run up to the opponent then stop time to take away his weapon.Using reverse you can kill them as many times you want cause you could just revive them.Also the suit you wear has it's own AI when using time powers so it chooses the best of the available options it's choices can be override by holding a button and manually choosing from the powers.

MadMel
is the PC version for vista only??
i hope not sad
EDIT - nope...DLing demo now

Estacado
is the PC version for vista only??
i hope not sad
EDIT - nope...DLing demo now
be sure to explore it not just run through it...313

Originally posted by Estacado
You can use time manipulation in versatile ways....though I doubt most of the people noticed it.

You are able to slow ,stop and reverse time in the game.Slowing time makes your movement faster ,stopping time allows you take away the weapon from the enemy ,reversing time allows you to "set" traps by checking where the enemy will reverse time throw a granade there and he will run right into it or you could "avoid" the granades that were thrown at you.
You can also mix up the manipulation abilities for instance slow time to run up to the opponent then stop time to take away his weapon.Using reverse you can kill them as many times you want cause you could just revive them.Also the suit you wear has it's own AI when using time powers so it chooses the best of the available options it's choices can be override by holding a button and manually choosing from the powers.

MadMel
ah ok big grin

MadMel
sorry for dp
i have to dl it tomorrow, it stopped early for some reason and i havent got to time to do again tonight sad

Soljer
How are the time powers regulated? I assume there's some kind of meter that drains, or some such?

Smasandian
Yeah, it drains and then it goes back up after a few seconds.

Estacado
How are the time powers regulated? I assume there's some kind of meter that drains, or some such?
Yeah manipulation drains from a meter slowing time drains the most less
energy the meter get's refilled in afew seconds also stopping time accelerates the suits healing....

MadMel
wait, you heal overtime?
also, are there any vehicles in the demo you can use?

MadMel
damn...waaaaay too short sad

Impediment
I just watched a 5 minute play session on YouTube of Time Shift and it actually looks pretty cool. People have said that it resembles F.E.A.R. without the scare factor, but I have never played that game so I have no basis for comparison.

MadMel
its ok...its just that the demo was too short to make a good analysis erm

Smasandian
Like I said before, I wasnt very impressed.

There wasnt alot to do and it really plays like a game from 1999.

Impediment
Originally posted by Smasandian
it really plays like a game from 1999.

1999? What is that supposed to mean?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Impediment
1999? What is that supposed to mean?

Extremely linear gameplay, guns with barely a recoil, and enemies that take ten shots to the chest before falling.

Soljer
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Extremely linear gameplay, guns with barely a recoil, and enemies that take ten shots to the chest before falling.

While I abhor linear gameplay, your other complaints aren't all bad.

Sometimes you can long for those days of unrealism. Look at Unreal Tournament. The game is simply AWESOME, but it certainly isn't NEARLY realistic.

MadMel
Originally posted by H. S. 6
timeshift certainly doesnt the last bit
i hit a guy with 2 shots to the foot, he goes down erm

Estacado
Yup I noticed that aswell If you shoot his leg he will fall to the ground after a few seconds he will try to stand up again.

Smasandian

Well, I had the similiar problem.

This game would of been good if it was realeased 4 years ago, but its not.

Estacado
It's almost out....
It has some new stuff as well that the demo hasn't inclueded like shooting out the weapons of enemy hands or you can reverse the granade which was thrown at you by slowing time and firing at it.......
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27153.html

As for the 1 clip/people thing.....*coughHalo3cough*

Smasandian
Wow, I've seen all that stuff before.

Estacado
If you don't like the game then don't post here I'm not spamming up the other game threads with shit just because I think it's not good.

Blax_Hydralisk
Everyone else on this forum does ermm
This is a game discussion board.. meaning people can discuss games. This isn't a TImeshift respect thread.

Estacado
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Everyone else on this forum does ermm
This is a game discussion board.. meaning people can discuss games. This isn't a TImeshift respect thread.
I don't think that "Wow, I've seen all that stuff before." has anything to do with discussing.......

Blax_Hydralisk
Look at the Halo 3 thread no expression

ten pages of it were that exactly.

Morridini
Just tried the demo.

Must say I was pretty pleasantly surprised. Had expected a lot less. Interesting how the reverse time effect has been returned (it had just been removed form the game last I looked at it).

Had a pretty cool encounter with a grenade during the demo. It blew up in my face and I was going to reverse time, however pressed wrong and freezed it, it felt like it was 1cm away from killing me, then I just ran away and survived barely. Was freaking cool at the moment.

Estacado
Originally posted by Morridini
Just tried the demo.

Must say I was pretty pleasantly surprised. Had expected a lot less. Interesting how the reverse time effect has been returned (it had just been removed form the game last I looked at it).

Had a pretty cool encounter with a grenade during the demo. It blew up in my face and I was going to reverse time, however pressed wrong and freezed it, it felt like it was 1cm away from killing me, then I just ran away and survived barely. Was freaking cool at the moment.
The multiplayer part should be very cool.Each player has "time grandes" which has the same reverse,stop,slow effect but only in an aura similar to Halo's bubble shield so after you chose the one you like just throw it against another guy and he will be captured in a time sphere.

ESB -1138
Well the game is out in the US. No reviews for it what so ever and my 360 hasn't come back from being fixed (rings of death) and that happened the day after Halo 3 came out; so who has the game and what do you like/dislike about it?

Morridini
Well, there has been some reviews: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929531.asp
An average of 77/100 score, not too bad. Not mind breaking great, but still good enough for an FPS.

ESB -1138
IGN also reviewed it; 7.6.

Morridini
You didn't click on my link did you?
As then you would have seen that I did refer to IGN as well...

ESB -1138
You mean this? It only took me to Game Rankings.

Originally posted by Morridini
Well, there has been some reviews: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929531.asp
An average of 77/100 score, not too bad. Not mind breaking great, but still good enough for an FPS.

Morridini
But look at what the site contains....
What is GameRankings?
If you had looked, you would see it is a site that compiles all reviews done on games and measures the average score. In the very link you quoted you can see the reviews from IGN, Game Informer, TeamXbox , UGO, GamePro, GameTap.

ESB -1138
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I just read what was next to the box art.

Estacado
Here is a cool vid showing the versatility of time powers and strategy......
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27311.html

Morridini
Great new review at : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27368.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.