thanos w/ig vs the endless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
the endless
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Endless
who wins this?

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Endless. DESTINY. Nuff said.

King Kandy
Thanos... He can't destroy the concepts, but he can destroy the Endless's current incarnations rather easily.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos... He can't destroy the concepts, but he can destroy the Endless's current incarnations rather easily.

He can't beat Destiny. IT was already written for him to fail.

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IT was already written for him to fail.
Prove it.

For all you know it was written that he would succeed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Prove it.

For all you know it was written that he would succeed.

As in Destiny WRITES what will be.

Endless Mike
The Endless are multiversal on a greater scale than the IG

Sandai Kitetsu
I.G., the Endless are just abstracts and we've seen what IG can do to abstracts.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
I.G., the Endless are just abstracts and we've seen what IG can do to abstracts.

They're multiversal abstracts as opposed to universal, that's the difference.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Endless Mike
They're multiversal abstracts as opposed to universal, that's the difference.
The Abstracts in marvel aren't multiversal?

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Abstracts in marvel aren't multiversal?

No.

Sandai Kitetsu
No.

I want an answer from someone besides you nvr.

Endless Mike
The ones IG Thanos fought weren't.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good enough Sandai?

Sandai Kitetsu

Name some multiversal abstracts in marvel.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Multi-Eternity
Multi-Death
The True Beyonders
The Infinites
Roma
Merlyn
Brian Braddock
Havock
phoenix of the white crown.

Mr Master

Eternity 616 was replaced by the IG.

Eternity 616 is the foundation of the Omniverse.

The heart of the Totality of Eternity (Multiverse) resides within the 616 Universe.

When Dormammu usurped Eternity's full power (the Prime Multiverse)
it was in the 616 Reality Dormammu found the core of Eternity itself.

Mr Master
UPDATE!!!

The 616 Abstracts are essential to the Prime Multiverse
and indeed, to the Omniverse itself.

If the heart of Eternity's Totality (the Multiverse - his full power)
is located within the 616 Reality,

I see no reason to conclude that all the Totalities of the other Concepts
are located within 616.

Which basically suggests, that the 616 Abstracts,
are the Multi-versions of the respective concepts they embody.

This is most likely why, the Multiverse is at an end when Galactus 616 dies.
Because he unbalances 616 Eternity, which allows Abraxas to be freed,
and all the doors of the Multiverse between Universes to open aswell.

Endless Mike
Then why did the Living Tribunal say that Thanos wasn't a threat to the multiverse, and all he did was usurp the position of Eternity in the 616 universe, thus an intervention wasn't necessary?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
UPDATE!!!

The 616 Abstracts are essential to the Prime Multiverse
and indeed, to the Omniverse itself.

If the heart of Eternity's Totality (the Multiverse - his full power)
is located within the 616 Reality,

I see no reason to conclude that all the Totalities of the other Concepts
are located within 616.

Which basically suggests, that the 616 Abstracts,
are the Multi-versions of the respective concepts they embody.

This is most likely why, the Multiverse is at an end when Galactus 616 dies.
Because he unbalances 616 Eternity, which allows Abraxas to be freed,
and all the doors of the Multiverse between Universes to open aswell.

Is this speculatory? So becuz they are essential to the core of the multiverse, they are all now multiversal? So Then Superman is Multiversal? So is batman? Indeed everyone in the prime DCU is multiversal since they are the core of the DCU?

tjcoady
As in Destiny WRITES what will be.

Destiny doesn't write the book he carries. Same with the way that Death doesn't choose who dies. when Destruction left his post, there was still destruction in the world.

but I'm pretty sure that Thanos with the IG could not destroy the concepts themselves, just the current incarnation of them.

Avlon
Thanos ftw.

Mr Master
Then why did the Living Tribunal say that Thanos wasn't a threat to the multiverse, and all he did was usurp the position of Eternity in the 616 universe, thus an intervention wasn't necessary?

Exactly,

he said Thanos usurping Eternity's position was not a threat, and it wasn't.

Eternity's totality is the Multiverse,
always has been years before the "Multi-Eternity" term surfaced.

Since the 616 Universe is the same Universe that's expanded into an Omniverse,
Eternity 616 should still be source from which eveything flows.

After all,
all other Alternate or Divergent Universes are but copies (similar and not) to 616.

Of course this flow continues with realms outside the Multiverse, But,
Eternity is no longer Consciously connected with anything out side himself.
But, the death of Eternity 616 can still collapse the realms (other Multiverses) outside himself.
This suggests the Prime Multiverse which Eternity embodies is essential to the Omniverse.
As is the 616 Reality alone.

WhiteWitchKing
Agreed.

Thanos... He can't destroy the concepts

Not easily. But if he can destroy the multiverse itself, I think that would erase the concepts. Somewhere in Sandman, it was noted that the Endless would only cease to exist once everything ceased to exist, which does make sense.

Mordum
All the endless win against thanos.

Mr Master
Is this speculatory?

Nah friend, it's a fact.

Eternity 616's death collapses the Omniverse, on panel and in bio.
Eternity 616 is the same Universe that's expanded into the Multiverse and beyond.
But as we all know Eternity's Consciousness reaches across the Prime Multiverse only.

And it's also a fact,
that Dormy stole Eternity's power (the Multiverse) from within the 616 Reality.

....................................................................................................

Dormammu says about the Prime Eternity (616)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4900/e0im0.th.jpg

"call it blood ... of one who is perhaps the single most powerful Entity in all the Multiverse"

....................................................................................................

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/613/e1dm4.th.jpg

"We have defeated Eternity ... and once we immerse ourselves in his essence
descend into the very Core of his being ... we will have power to be lords of all creation"

Dormammu sinks into Eternity's M-body and reaches the 616 Reality.
Where Eternity's heart is located, the power of the Multiverse:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8830/e1bx4.th.jpg

This is what Dormammu sees as he approaches the core of Eternity 616:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8853/e2te5.th.jpg

"Worlds within Worlds, Dimensions folding into themselves,
Entire UniverseS being born and collapsing into ruin,
and yet I sense that All This ... is but the merest fraction of what Eternity is"

stoned

Dr Strange comments on Eternity:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2198/e3zw1.th.jpg

"He's managed to siphon off the Infinite energies of Eternity himself"

"You don't unsderstand,
Eternity is a God! He is the complete embodiment of everyone and everything on All levels of Creation,
if Dormammu has absorbed even a fraction of that power,
it's a nightmare beyond conception"

So becuz they are essential to the core of the multiverse, they are all now multiversal? So Then Superman is Multiversal? So is batman? Indeed everyone in the prime DCU is multiversal since they are the core of the DCU?

I'm sure you've seen Supes and Bats have
"Entire UniverseS being born and collapsing inside them" smile

kevdude
The Endless win. Destiny or Death would take him out

King Kandy
Um just being the core of the Multiverse does not mean you are multiversal... That's like saying my heart=My body.

Juntai
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Agreed.

Not easily. But if he can destroy the multiverse itself, I think that would erase the concepts. Somewhere in Sandman, it was noted that the Endless would only cease to exist once everything ceased to exist, which does make sense. As long as he lived, Death would still exist.

SpearofDestiny
The Endless are multiversal on a greater scale than the IG

IG is also multiversal. Mr. Master already proved this many times.

IG>>>>>>Ultamate Nullifier

Ultamate Nullifier>>>>>>Multi Eternity

Ultamate Nullifer=Micheal's power, which equated to the force of a multiverse.

Thanos w IG would win. If he loses, it's because Thanos' mind can no longer take full control over omnipotence. The IG itself is still powerful enough when properly used to take on the Endless.

quanchi112
thanos wins here.

Erik-Lensherr
The Endless

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah friend, it's a fact.

Eternity 616's death collapses the Omniverse, on panel and in bio.
Eternity 616 is the same Universe that's expanded into the Multiverse and beyond.
But as we all know Eternity's Consciousness reaches across the Prime Multiverse only.

And it's also a fact,
that Dormy stole Eternity's power (the Multiverse) from within the 616 Reality.

Dormammu says about the Prime Eternity (616)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4900/e0im0.th.jpg

"call it blood ... of one who is perhaps the single most powerful Entity in all the Multiverse"

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/613/e1dm4.th.jpg

"We have defeated Eternity ... and once we immerse ourselves in his essence
descend into the very Core of his being ... we will have power to be lords of all creation"

Dormammu sinks into Eternity's M-body and reaches the 616 Reality.
Where Eternity's heart is located, the power of the Multiverse:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8830/e1bx4.th.jpg

and yet I sense that All This ... is but the merest fraction of what Eternity is"

stoned

Dr Strange comments on Eternity:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2198/e3zw1.th.jpg

"He's managed to siphon off the Infinite energies of Eternity himself"

"You don't unsderstand,
Eternity is a God! He is the complete embodiment of everyone and everything on All levels of Creation,
if Dormammu has absorbed even a fraction of that power,
it's a nightmare beyond conception"

I'm sure you've seen Supes and Bats have
"Entire UniverseS being born and collapsing inside them" smile

Then one must use common sense and gather when eternity is being talked about in totality and when he's being talked about at the universal lvl. the IG saga purely suggest that it was the universal lvl of eternity that was being usurped. At any rate, for Eternity to be the "most powerful" being in the multiverse, he's always getting his ass handed to him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
IG is also multiversal. Mr. Master already proved this many times.

IG>>>>>>Ultamate Nullifier

Ultamate Nullifier>>>>>>Multi Eternity

Ultamate Nullifer=Micheal's power, which equated to the force of a multiverse.

Thanos w IG would win. If he loses, it's because Thanos' mind can no longer take full control over omnipotence. The IG itself is still powerful enough when properly used to take on the Endless.

I find this to be off. The IG never has performed any feat of power greater than the UN's. As a matter of fact, it hasn't been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to nullify one person as it does a universe, as it does a multiverse. Inconclusive. And the UN for damned sure doesn't equal the power of Micheal. Since Michael has beaten the spectre and the Spectre is handily more powerful than the UN.

SpearofDestiny
I find this to be off. The IG never has performed any feat of power greater than the UN's.

Magus controlled the Ultamate Nullifier with the Infinity Gauntlet. The IG is therefore, superior to the Ultamate Nullifier.

As a matter of fact, it hasn't been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to nullify one person as it does a universe, as it does a multiverse.

Irrelevant. The IG still had control over the UN.

And for the last time, IG is atleast multiversal in power. If you had read the series of Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange, you would see story archs which took place at the time of the IG, but where different events occured.

In one Silver Surfer issue, Thanos w IG forced Death to love him, and he created a world called "Necronos" where all life in the universe was being sacraficed to Mistress Death.

This didn't happen in the mainstream IG saga. Hence, that was an alternate reality Thanos lived out when the had the IG.

That, my freind, is Canon. Thanos existed in more than one reality when he had the IG, and lived out different endings/circumstances.

Inconclusive. And the UN for damned sure doesn't equal the power of Micheal. Since Michael has beaten the spectre and the Spectre is handily more powerful than the UN.

First of all, Spectre was weakened by the Presence having his power decreased. Micheal beat Spectre, because it was God's will to have done so.

I do not see how Spectre is greater than the UN, when at best he merged with the multiverse. UN destroyed Multi Eternity.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Magus controlled the Ultamate Nullifier with the Infinity Gauntlet. The IG is therefore, superior to the Ultamate Nullifier.

Irrelevant. The IG still had control over the UN.

And for the last time, IG is atleast multiversal in power. If you had read the series of Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange, you would see story archs which took place at the time of the IG, but where different events occured.

In one Silver Surfer issue, Thanos w IG forced Death to love him, and he created a world called "Necronos" where all life in the universe was being sacraficed to Mistress Death.

This didn't happen in the mainstream IG saga. Hence, that was an alternate reality Thanos lived out when the had the IG.

That, my freind, is Canon. Thanos existed in more than one reality when he had the IG, and lived out different endings/circumstances.

First of all, Spectre was weakened by the Presence having his power decreased. Micheal beat Spectre, because it was God's will to have done so.

I do not see how Spectre is greater than the UN, when at best he merged with the multiverse. UN destroyed Multi Eternity.

Sigh. Must I school the children?

The IG is superior to the UN becuz it is more versatile. As for the IG creating alter realities, new gods, do this. And So has Darkseid. Is he there for MultiversaL?

Even A weakended Spectre is more than Multiversal. As he beat nabu, Who is more powerful than Kismet, who is Multiversal. As a matter of fact, kismet represents ALL realities of the DCU. Which would be more than multiversal. So Michael beating Spectre still shows he's above omniversal.

The Spectre also depowered beat Nabu. Nabu>> Kismet. Kismet is Megaversal if not more. As she is all reality of DC. Nice try. Spectre snuffs out the UN with a flick of his finger.

SpearofDestiny
Sigh. Must I school the children?

o0o0o0 ur sooo wittyyy roll eyes (sarcastic)

The IG is superior to the UN becuz it is more versatile. As for the IG creating alter realities, new gods, do this. And So has Darkseid. Is he there for MultiversaL?

THE IG has authority over reality, therefore, the UN is subdued.

The UN is multiversal in power, and IG still has control over it. Therefore, IG is multiversal. Get over it already thumb down

Even A weakended Spectre is more than Multiversal. As he beat nabu, Who is more powerful than Kismet, who is Multiversal. As a matter of fact, kismet represents ALL realities of the DCU. Which would be more than multiversal. So Michael beating Spectre still shows he's above omniversal.

I don't know much about Kismet, but as far as I know, DC is not an omniverse. The most DC has ever claimed to be is a multiverse.

The Spectre also depowered beat Nabu. Nabu>> Kismet. Kismet is Megaversal if not more. As she is all reality of DC. Nice try. Spectre snuffs out the UN with a flick of his finger.

How is Kismet megaversal, when DC only has only dealt in terms of multiverse ?

Micheal's power released when he died at the hands of Lucifer was equivalent to a Creation. A multiverse.

The UN destroyed a multiverse. Therefore, so far, as we know, Micheal's raw power is approx. equal to the UN.

Mr Master
Um just being the core of the Multiverse does not mean you are multiversal...

You must've missed this part K:

srugdoped

That sounds like an Aspect of Eternity?

I didn't think so either.

That's like saying my heart=My body.

This real life analogy does not apply.

In the case within the Marvel comic book.

Eternity's core "Heart" which is really his Spirit/Consciousness,
is within the 616 Reality.

And again, the Multiverse entire expanded from an Origin point,
that Origin point is the 616 Reality.

Here's an analogy:

When a baby grows up, his body changes completely,
but it's still the same baby now an adult.

Eternity was a single Universe 616 (baby) grew up (expanded)
and is now a Multiverse (adult)

nvrbeenwthagirl
o0o0o0 ur sooo wittyyy roll eyes (sarcastic)

THE IG has authority over reality, therefore, the UN is subdued.

The UN is multiversal in power, and IG still has control over it. Therefore, IG is multiversal. Get over it already thumb down

I don't know much about Kismet, but as far as I know, DC is not an omniverse. The most DC has ever claimed to be is a multiverse.

How is Kismet megaversal, when DC only has only dealt in terms of multiverse ?

Micheal's power released when he died at the hands of Lucifer was equivalent to a Creation. A multiverse.

The UN destroyed a multiverse. Therefore, so far, as we know, Micheal's raw power is approx. equal to the UN.

Sigh.

We do not know how much energy Quasar was expelling at the Magus. We for sure know that quasar said he must be careful lest he destroy the universe. So at best, the Un was set to destroy a what? UNIVERSE. The IG at best stopped a universal destroying blast as per panel.

Kismet is the representative of all of DC. DC has more than one multiverse. The Kingdom, at the time kismet was written the kingdom was being used, She reps, vertigo as she is all of reality. Vertigo on it's own has SEVERAl mutliverses and a megaverse.

Michael's power in vertigo was still greater than Multiversal. Elaine has taken his power and fashioned a what? Mega verse.

Also, michael still exist in the main DCU and is superior to the spectre. Michael is greater than the UN and so is the Spectre. The UN may be able to take out Kismet. It would fail starting right about Nabu's lvl.

Mr Master
The IG never has performed any feat of power greater than the UN's.

Except pwn it.
Except become the foundation of the Omniverse.
Except be stated to be capable of conquering Two Multiverses by the Soul Gem,
this was confirmed by the LT.
Except have 4 Gems created countless UniverseS from scratch.
Except be stated to make the wielder completely Omnipotent in it's Official bio.

As a matter of fact,
it hasn't been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to nullify one person as it does a universe, as it does a multiverse. Inconclusive.

That's your personal unsupported opinion.

The UN has always performed the same exact task:
To Nullify Time & Space.

If you wanna add specifics to the UN that do not exist, go right ahead.

But please refrain from using the phrase, "as a matter of fact"
cause it's funny.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Except pwn it.
Except become the foundation of the Omniverse.
Except be stated to be capable of conquering Two Multiverses by the Soul Gem,
this was confirmed by the LT.
Except have 4 Gems created countless UniverseS from scratch.
Except be stated to make the wielder completely Omnipotent in it's Official bio.

That's your personal unsupported opinion.

The UN has always performed the same exact task:
To Nullify Time & Space.

If you wanna add specifics to the UN that do not exist, go right ahead.

But please refrain from using the phrase, "as a matter of fact"
cause it's funny.

Master, you act as if I'm the only one who's brought up these points. Many others have as well. So as a matter of FACT, it hasn't been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to destroy one person as another. Quasar State on panel,that he would destroy the UNIVERSE if he wasn't careful.

It's fine to be the foundation of the Multiverse. doesn't make something multiversal. Or omniversal or what ever. And I care not for what the gems state on panel. I care for what is shown. Hell Darkseid created countelss universes from scratch. I guess he is there for multiversal as well. And I wont' take the Bio's word that the IG makes someone Omnipotent, when thanos with the heart>>The IG.

Galan007
The Endless ftw.

Mr Master
Master, you act as if I'm the only one who's brought up these points.
Many others have as well.

One other cat tried,
(someone famous for demeaning feats that threaten his character)

and it didn't work.

So as a matter of FACT, it hasn't been proven that it takes the same amount of energy to destroy one person as another.

Round and round we go.

Quasar State on panel,that he would destroy the UNIVERSE if he wasn't careful.

Elaine said she was the God of the Universe,
yet you have her messing with a Megaverse.

It's fine to be the foundation of the Multiverse. doesn't make something multiversal. Or omniversal or what ever.

Eternity 616 is the core of the Eternity's Spirit/Consciousness.

On Panel, Eternity 616 is the representation of the Multiverse.

And I care not for what the gems state on panel. I care for what is shown.

The LT stated it too.

After the 4 Gems on panel created countless UniverseS from scratch,
and nearly collapsed the Omniverse.

And I wont' take the Bio's word that the IG makes someone Omnipotent,

when thanos with the heart>>The IG.

No matter what is presented you won't take, so what's changed?

You're still claiming Thanos wasn't God. laughing

Oh and btw, the LT said it too. But what would he know. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
One other cat tried,
(someone famous for demeaning feats that threaten his character)

and it didn't work.

Round and round we go.

Eternity 616 is the core of the Eternity's Spirit/Consciousness.

On Panel, Eternity 616 is the representation of the Multiverse.

The LT stated it too.

After the 4 Gems on panel created countless UniverseS from scratch,
and nearly collapsed the Omniverse.

No matter what is presented you won't take, so what's changed?

You're still claiming Thanos wasn't God. laughing

Oh and btw, the LT said it too. But what would he know. smile

I'm not claiming Thanos wasn't God. God is something that is that from the beginning to the end. Thanos on panel claims that he wasn't God. God does not get tricked or used. Thanos himself says he was used or tricked or what ever by the master manipulator. At any rate, the IG doesn't make one god. also explained by Thanos. When he compared his power with the heart to the power of the IG.

Mr Master
Thanos on panel claims that he wasn't God.

hum

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9954/th17wg4.th.jpg

"Eternity, you must sense that Everything the Almighty was I Now am,

did you ever dare demand anything from Him"

Eternity RESPONDS,

No, but .... (Eternity is actually acknowledging that Thanos speaks the truth)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/500/th18br2.th.jpg
"And I, like He was, am now the Author of All That Will Be ...

my Will is Supreme"

Thanos is clearly staing, as you said he did on panel,

that he isn't God.

stoned (see how debating becomes pointless with you?)

quanchi112
hum

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9954/th17wg4.th.jpg

"Eternity, you must sense that Everything the Almighty was I Now am,

did you ever dare demand anything from Him"

Eternity RESPONDS,

No, but .... (Eternity is actually acknowledging that Thanos speaks the truth)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/500/th18br2.th.jpg
"And I, like He was, am now the Author of All That Will Be ...

my Will is Supreme"

Thanos is clearly staing, as you said he did on panel,

that he isn't God.

stoned (see how debating becomes pointless with you?) nice ownage.

Juntai
Elaine was handed the reigns of godhood by Yahweh. The main place the storyline of Lucifer takes place in called a "creation" or 'universe", in most of the story is a multiverse.
Lucifer went and created his own multiverse as well. Which he equated to Yahweh's.
2 Multiverses.

In issue 75, when Lucifer exited what he considered Yahweh's reality. The backround showed a sea of 'creations', stretching across the backround and into infinity...and from that perspective of infinity in the void, Lucifer and Yahweh were talking while multiverses were birthed and ended in moments time.

Endless Mike
Exactly,

he said Thanos usurping Eternity's position was not a threat, and it wasn't.

Eternity's totality is the Multiverse,
always has been years before the "Multi-Eternity" term surfaced.

Since the 616 Universe is the same Universe that's expanded into an Omniverse,
Eternity 616 should still be source from which eveything flows.

After all,
all other Alternate or Divergent Universes are but copies (similar and not) to 616.

Of course this flow continues with realms outside the Multiverse, But,
Eternity is no longer Consciously connected with anything out side himself.
But, the death of Eternity 616 can still collapse the realms (other Multiverses) outside himself.
This suggests the Prime Multiverse which Eternity embodies is essential to the Omniverse.
As is the 616 Reality alone.

LT said that Thanos had only taken over Eternity's position in one universe, and thus he wasn't going to intervene because he only dealt with threats to the multiverse. If Thanos had usurped the omniversal whatever, LT would have intervened.

Merlyn
I think of beings such as Destruction, Destiny, Death, Despair, etc...

And they make me think the Endless take this.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Juntai
As long as he lived, Death would still exist.

Assuming that life and death would matter to an IG wielder. Secondly, why would there by death if he existed forever? That's the difference between an IG wielder, the universe, and the endless. If creation ended, the concepts, the endless, does not have influence over anything, therefore they cease to exist - this is what Morphues confered when he talked about the Endless' existence.

quanchi112
LT said that Thanos had only taken over Eternity's position in one universe, and thus he wasn't going to intervene because he only dealt with threats to the multiverse. If Thanos had usurped the omniversal whatever, LT would have intervened. i agree with this statement.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
I think of beings such as Destruction, Destiny, Death, Despair, etc...

And they make me think the Endless take this. nah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.