Magik vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
eek! OHHHHHHHHH no...Magik's back.

HandOfFate
If the fight takes place in Limbo, I'll give her 50/50 odds

Anywhere else Thor wins 9/10 times

Wonder Man
One swipe of Magic's soulsword and Thor's hammer is done no matter where it takes place.

Akuki
In limbo she has a good chance, but anywhere else Thor takes this.

RUNMAN
Thor

LordKaos
If she as full access to her armor, then I think she can take him a few times no matter where they are. The armor is the only magical thing that the Soulsword cannot penetrate, and it morphs itself to add other protections. The more magical the attack the more her magical defences (the armor and the sword) react. The Soulsword can break any enchantment and even destroy magical things. In her Darkchilde form she is superstrong (level unknown but nothing like him) but it adds to the her durability, coupled with the armor she took a straight gut punch from S'ym (who with the transmode virus can increase his strength to an unknown level) and keep kicking she has a better chance than a lot of people.

psy_blade
Can the Soulsword destroy Adamantium? Cap's shield? WW's bracelets?

LordKaos
No, why would it have too? It's magic and Thor and all his powers are magic.

psy_blade
No, i mean really. Its a real question. Because i dont know. Can the soulsword do it?

Newjak
Originally posted by LordKaos
If she as full access to her armor, then I think she can take him a few times no matter where they are. The armor is the only magical thing that the Soulsword cannot penetrate, and it morphs itself to add other protections. The more magical the attack the more her magical defences (the armor and the sword) react. The Soulsword can break any enchantment and even destroy magical things. In her Darkchilde form she is superstrong (level unknown but nothing like him) but it adds to the her durability, coupled with the armor she took a straight gut punch from S'ym (who with the transmode virus can increase his strength to an unknown level) and keep kicking she has a better chance than a lot of people. Didn't Colossus overpower S'ym with the Transmode Virus in Limbo? Yes he did.

Thor's hammer absorbs all the magics from Magik stick out tongue

LordKaos
It was mentioned just about every time Colossus fought limbo beings back then that the organic metal of his body had many of the magic negating powers of iron. He never really overpowered S'ym it was just a slug fest until Magik swept all the demons back to limbo. Thor is a god and magical the Sword could very well kill him with one swipe or negate all of his powers, or absorb his soul. The same sword that Rachel could not move even with the help of Phoenix, there are plenty of instances when somebody other than Thor has handled his hammer.

LordKaos
Originally posted by psy_blade
No, i mean really. Its a real question. Because i dont know. Can the soulsword do it?

The soulsword can't affect non magical things, with the exception of Kitty Pryde in her immaterial form and apparently it can slice through psionic energy (the whole Sunspot/Wolfbane/Cloak and Dagger mess)

LordKaos
Originally posted by LordKaos
The soulsword can't affect non magical things, with the exception of Kitty Pryde in her immaterial form and apparently it can slice through psionic energy (the whole Sunspot/Wolfbane/Cloak and Dagger mess)

I left something out, a few issues before the New Mutants returned to limbo and Inferno started they were on a alien world and being attacked, Magik was stuck in her Darkchilde form due to the growing corruption of limbo and the soulsword seemed to be getting more powerful as she was able to use it to physically slice an alien in half, the end result being the alien was too corrupted by the taint of limbo and was transformed into a monster.

psycho gundam
bump

Konton
Really it's just a game of whoever gets hit first.

Unfortunately for Thor, she's way more mobile.

Prep-Man
Magik maybe?

KingD19
Magik knocks Thor over, then gets on top of him and corrupts him with the essence of Limbo.....by ****ing him silly with her goat parts while passionately casting spells on him.

Oh yeah...I'd definitely Pay-Per-View that.

jawdrop

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus' sister? What's the little b*tch done to justify her taking on Thor?

I read zero New Mutant comics.

KingD19
She's the ruler of Limbo and one of the most powerful magic entities in the Marvel Universe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that tells me nothing.

Actually, I remember reading a New Mutant's issue where she and some other mutants (Gambit included) went to Limo IIRC. Didn't impress me too much as I recall.

KingD19
That was to get her Soul Stone back I believe. When she's in possession of the Soul Stone and her Soul Sword, she's basically unstoppable in Limbo, and pretty powerful outside it.

-K-M-
Originally posted by KingD19
That was to get her Soul Stone back I believe. When she's in possession of the Soul Stone and her Soul Sword, she's basically unstoppable in Limbo, and pretty powerful outside it.

Unstoppable until she fights a Canadian wink

Magik's feat against Archenemy was impressive, but that was Magik II

Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm guessing that the soul stones make her a god of that place or some such. From what I've seen, all she regularly does (At least on Earth) is teleport and stab things.

KingD19
Yeah, her Soul Stone is basically the most powerful mystical object in Limbo. And when she's in control of it, and in Limbo she's God there.

Just recently in New Mutants it was used to unleash some Elder Demons who could've wiped out Earth if not for Legion rewriting reality or something like that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Figured there would be some kind of locale limitation.

I skimmed through the scans ID posted. Weren't they all destroyed? Either way, not applicable in battle.

From what I can gather, she doesn't really stand much chance against Thor unless she can get him to Limbo and get the soul stones (IIRC, she gave some of them to Pixie or some such).

KingD19
Yes they were destroyed, but they needed someone as powerful as Legion to do it. And not a random personality, the original Legion who basically WTF sh*tstomped everbody. But the point is she could do that and have a slight chance at controlling them, or at least sealing Limbo and aiming them at Thor.

And unless otherwise stated, she has all her Soul Stones. And those she gave to Pixie were her own, they went along with her Soul Dagger, since Pixie's mom is some kinda faery with and her dad is a demon I think.

Oh, and getting Thor to Limbo won't be hard. He's not a fast fighter, all she has to do is open a stepping disk and he's there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes they were destroyed, but they needed someone as powerful as Legion to do it. And not a random personality, the original Legion who basically WTF sh*tstomped everbody. But the point is she could do that and have a slight chance at controlling them, or at least sealing Limbo and aiming them at Thor.

It doesn't matter how Thor or anybody matches up to them. Those monsters were destroyed.

Controlling them isn't within her capability as far as I can tell.

And that scenario is pretty amusing. Thor teleports them to Asgard where Odin and co. take her on.

And unless otherwise stated, she has all her Soul Stones. And those she gave to Pixie were her own, they went along with her Soul Dagger, since Pixie's mom is some kinda faery with and her dad is a demon I think.

Doesn't one need all the soul stones to make the amulet? Without it, as far as I can tell, she's just a teleporting mutant girl who can cast some magic spells. Does she even have any special powers in limbo without the amulet?

Oh, and getting Thor to Limbo won't be hard. He's not a fast fighter, all she has to do is open a stepping disk and he's there.

Faster than most give him credit for.

Thor would beat her ass pretty down unless she can get him to Limbo, get the full amulet and said amulet gives her a power increase which I don't think it does. Reading the last issue, it seems that the amulets power is purely superstitious.

guy222
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5753448_Thor_-_For_Asgard_6_024.jpg

-K-M-
Well I will say Magik can be pretty impressive, as Exiles Magik with one slash of her sword cancelled out the Wendigo curse and instantly returned Wendigo to a human again. As far as I know 616 Magik doesn't have a feat like that.

Judging by Magik's fairly recent fight with Witchfire, I would definetly give the edge to Thor.

ExodusCloak
Mephisto was afraid of Magik II's soulsword. She threatened to slit his throat with it and he gave in IRRC.

The other thread got me wondering.

leonidas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Mephisto was afraid of Magik II's soulsword. She threatened to slit his throat with it and he gave in IRRC.

The other thread got me wondering.

seemed everyone was afraid of that sword. doom got it and was sheathed in an unbreakable armor. that sword even killed the archenemy after some outside assistance......

soulsword=uber

zopzop
Now this is a good fight! Thor better not hurl ANYTHING enchanted or magic at her if he knows what's good for him.

Physically he can overpower her, that's not even up for debate. In Limbo I don't think Thor stands a chance in hell. Outside Limbo I give it to Thor.

If we are allowed to use Magik II's feats using her SS then even outside Limbo, Thor better watch out. Like Exodus said, Mephisto in his realm feared that sword!

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by leonidas
seemed everyone was afraid of that sword. doom got it and was sheathed in an unbreakable armor. that sword even killed the archenemy after some outside assistance......

soulsword=uber

I think it's of one of those times where it doesn't pay to be a magical being. I don't think the sword can hurt a normal human. But it hasn't failed against any magical entity to my knowledge.

leonidas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I think it's of one of those times where it doesn't pay to be a magical being. I don't think the sword can hurt a normal human. But it hasn't failed against any magical entity to my knowledge.

yeah. pretty bad match up for thor. he could still win, but this would be VERY VERY far from easy.

nwg202
I saw magik use her teleport discs in the most creative way in an old new mutants issue. She was using them as shields ala captain america so all the laser and bulletes would just get BFR'd

She also redirected some blasts and a blitz by forming two discs, basically turned the blast on its owner. Seems like she can form the discs instantly. and she also set up a battle with a a lot of discs not sure what her limit is. but the picutre had more then 20 id wager....very powerful stuff

Another intresting use was she bascially bfr'd a robot army to limbo where she had her powerful demons wating to feed on them

Let's say red hulk tries to punch her teleport shield and she dumps him in a black hole?

I'm especially curious about this scenario..what if Thor threw his hammer and magik's bfr the hammer to another dimension like cyttorak's or a black hole? Will the hammer teleport itsself back? How long will it take for the hammer to find Thor again?

Can she redirect a god blast? since technically its not a shield its not stopping the blast...shes just redirecting it like the lasers and bullets

Great match....Magik w/ soul sword, armor and teleport discs as sheilds

zopzop
Originally posted by nwg202
I'm especially curious about this scenario..what if Thor threw his hammer and magik's bfr the hammer to another dimension like cyttorak's or a black hole? Will the hammer teleport itsself back? How long will it take for the hammer to find Thor again?

Can she redirect a god blast? since technically its not a shield its not stopping the blast...shes just redirecting it like the lasers and bullets

Great match....Magik w/ soul sword, armor and teleport discs as sheilds

From what I've seen the hammer ALWAYS returns to him unless Odin is dead and the enchantment is broken (like when the Celestials crushed him and the Destroyer). Thanos with the IG BFRed the hammer and it still came back. It took it a little over 60 seconds, I think, to return.

IMHO, she can redirect the Godblast by opening a portal, since like you said, she's merely redirecting it. I'm willing to bet her Soul Sword could probably absorb that sh|t anyway.

nwg202
Originally posted by zopzop
From what I've seen the hammer ALWAYS returns to him unless Odin is dead and the enchantment is broken (like when the Celestials crushed him and the Destroyer). Thanos with the IG BFRed the hammer and it still came back. It took it a little over 60 seconds, I think, to return.

IMHO, she can redirect the Godblast by opening a portal, since like you said, she's merely redirecting it. I'm willing to bet her Soul Sword could probably absorb that sh|t anyway.

Well 60 seconds without the hammer and her with the soul sword is a disaster for Thor.( especially since she has time travel powers) He better not launch that hammer when facing her...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.