Drizzt, Wulfgar, and Bruenor versus Captain America, Black Panther, and Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
The Forgotten Realms team has all of their most powerful weapons and armors. The Marvel team has all of their regular equipment.

No prep, which team wins?

Battlehammer
u read drizzt books?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
u read drizzt books?

I read one of them, I believe it was the Wulfgur one. I liked it.

Which team do you think wins?

Battlehammer
comic team. wulfgar is by far the weakest link

DigiMark007
It's hammer-time.

cool

Globes of darkness + physical stats that are similar if not better + better weaponry = a win for the Companions.

Matt would be the biggest challenge because Drizzt couldn't throw him off guard with the magical darkness. And T'Challas vibranium suit has always been vulnerable to slashing damage.

masterbruce
comic team. wulfgar is by far the weakest link

How is Wulfgar a weak link? His enchanted hammer kills giants and dragons with one hit and it magically returns to him. He's also physically as strong as anyone on the other team, if not more so.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's hammer-time.

cool

Globes of darkness + physical stats that are similar if not better + better weaponry = a win for the Companions.

Matt would be the biggest challenge because Drizzt couldn't throw him off guard with the magical darkness. And T'Challas vibranium suit has always been vulnerable to slashing damage.
ur forgetting that wulgar could be dropped very easily by any member on the comic team.
then it 2 vs 3

masterbruce
It's hammer-time.

cool

Drizzt also has his black panther Guenhwyvar

masterbruce
ur forgetting that wulgar could be dropped very easily by any member on the comic team.
then it 2 vs 3

well its a team battle so Drizzt and Bruenor would make sure Wulfgar doesn't get taken out quickly.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
well its a team battle so Drizzt and Bruenor would make sure Wulfgar doesn't get taken out quickly.
ya but see here the thing they would not know that the men they are facing are able to take there firend out so easily.

hell they think it be unfair for wulfgar to face an unarmed man like DD, but in realality DD would knock wulfgar out rather easy.

DigiMark007
Wulfgar's trained as well, and has at least peak human physical stats. Capt just underrates him compared to Bruenor and Drizzt, and overrates Bruenor a ton.

And I forgot to ask about Guen, which obviously tips it in their favor even more.

Battlehammer
Wulfgar's trained as well, and has at least peak human physical stats. Capt just underrates him compared to Bruenor and Drizzt, and overrates Bruenor a ton.

And I forgot to ask about Guen, which obviously tips it in their favor even more.
I dont overrate bruenor. You overrate drizzzt he not on a level beyond brueneor like u want to believe. Hell even the author does not know what would transpire if the two fought.

Im not underrating wulfgar. It wulfgar lack of armor thats screws him. Due to not having armor pressure point attacks will easily put him down. The other two don't have to fear that. This is why wulfgar will get taken out fast and rather easy.

now I thought the panther was not going to be used. with the panther to companions win with out it. DD takes wulfgar down fast and then it 3 vs two and im not sure drizzt and Bruenor can do that.

DigiMark007
It's cool that you love the Companions, and I won't diagree with your assessment (Wulfgar probably is the most vulnerable of the 3), but you do overrate Bruenor. So he has some illogically high durability feats. Him and Drizzt would be like Spider-Man vs. a steel box. It would be hard to hurt the box, and it could probably beat Shocker (who couldn't) but it'll never touch Pete.

And of course Salvatore would take the high road and be ambiguous. It's his job to generate interest in the characters, not determine the outcome of fan-inspired matchups. It's also like Stan Lee saying Thor would beat anyone...a cool statement, but just false.

Battlehammer
It's cool that you love the Companions, and I won't diagree with your assessment (Wulfgar probably is the most vulnerable of the 3), but you do overrate Bruenor. So he has some illogically high durability feats. Him and Drizzt would be like Spider-Man vs. a steel box. It would be hard to hurt the box, and it could probably beat Shocker (who couldn't) but it'll never touch Pete.

And of course Salvatore would take the high road and be ambiguous. It's his job to generate interest in the characters, not determine the outcome of fan-inspired matchups. It's also like Stan Lee saying Thor would beat anyone...a cool statement, but just false.

LOL.

The author Im pritty certain knows his shit. If he thinks the match could go either way then it would. he know better then any of us.

I may overrated bruenor, but you greatly overrate drizzt. Spiderman vs a steel box............there u go overrating drizzt again and undderrating bruenor

bruenor is extremely fast and has never had porblems dealing with fast character. He stompped the crap out of dark elfs after dark elfs. Drizzt is fast but bruenor could and would hit him. Bruenor also has some rediculous reflex feats like blocking a magicall cross bolt after it was fired.

Hell I garentee drizzt would say the same thing

DigiMark007
Well what the hell does Drizzt know anyway? I'm a far better expert on the subject.

He'd job like Pete does most times, say how tough his opponent is, attempt some "let's talk this out" pansy stuff. Then finally go Hunter on his ass and whup the crap out of him.

cool

Battlehammer
Well what the hell does Drizzt know anyway? I'm a far better expert on the subject.

He'd job like Pete does most times, say how tough his opponent is, attempt some "let's talk this out" pansy stuff. Then finally go Hunter on his ass and whup the crap out of him.

cool
lol.

I think drizzt is better then the hunter. The hunter far more prone to lettng people hit him and is only better vs many opponets not really vs a single attacker.

stupendous man
I would say that it would be difficult for the companions to win this. Cap and Daredevil are probably on a par with Artemis Entreri in terms of reflexes, speed & endurance, and we know that the companions have trouble with him alone. Guen could swing it for them tho.

Huge respect for the Icewind Dale Trilogy!

Battlehammer
entre is not trouble for the group................hell he last like 5 seconds in combat verse then entire group

starlock
Team one for the win

Drizzt and company will win this one, to many magic items,not only is drizzt deadly but add bracers of speed...team one for the win

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
Team one for the win

Drizzt and company will win this one, to many magic items,not only is drizzt deadly but add bracers of speed...team one for the win

Good Afternoon

Agreed

starlock
Originally posted by guy222
Good Afternoon

Agreed

And good afternoon to you kind sir smile

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
And good afternoon to you kind sir smile

Have a great one smile

Gecko4lif
If this is a blood lust fight then drizzt goes into his raging hunter mode and slaughter the comic team then his own

rotiart
... Drizzt CL (character level) is 18... 10 fighter levels, 5 ranger and 1 barbarian... (he started as a barbarian... switched to fighter.. then switched to ranger...)

I don't remember the other two. I do say this... if you pit this fight?
Black panther is the one going after drizzt not cap. If i remember right panther has infrared lenses in the mask he wears.. so casting darkness would actually hurt drizzt more than help him. until he casts faerie fire on BP.

for those of you who think Wulfgar is uber... when he started he was 18/00 strength... which was max press of like 485 lbs if i remember right. if you went by d&d stats... str 25 was like a ton... cap does that too... cap pretty much doesn't tire...

Wulfgar put down dragons... cap put his shield threw cars.. took down Mr. hyde whos strength is if 5 or 6 on the marvel scale... meaning its dozens of tons..

Bruenor vs daredevil... daredevil would most likely hardly if ever get tagged by bruenor... but then again with all the armor the dwarf wears (mithril +) daredevil would have a hard time damaging the dwarf.

in the end as far as stats go i'd say the fight goes to team marvel. caps fought plenty of swordmasters before... ie... the swordmaster? black knight... there are no new tricks drizzt is bringing to the table... btw drizzt no longer has 2 scimitars of speed which gave him 2 extra attacks a round... its like 1 flaming 1 frost..

bp locks up drizzt in a tie... bruenor locks up dd in a tie... cap owns i mean he would seriouly PWN wulfgar... then you have a 3 on 2. as far as darkness... it wouldn't effect BP.. or DD... and since the spell can't be cast on people or their objects without allowing a favorable saving throw to the opponent..

darkness counts also as a spelllike ability... if you go by d&d rules... that means anyone within 5 feet of drizzt gets 1 free hit any time he tries to cast the ability. :/

Battlehammer
this is the book characters not that DND crap. The DND characters are so in accurate it unbelievable

stupendous man
Originally posted by masterbruce
The Forgotten Realms team has all of their most powerful weapons and armors. The Marvel team has all of their regular equipment.

No prep, which team wins?

If Drizzt et al have all their most powerful weapons & armors does that include magic items and in that case does it include Regis' hypnotic crystal which I am sure Drizzt has held & used at least once? If it does that alone removes Cap from the fight and possibly even turns him against the other two, making it a rather one sided 4 v 2 match.

Battlehammer
capt will power would be far to strong for that

lastmanstanding
drizzt vs daredevil = drizzt, depends on what swords he got, (twinkle and icing death)
wulfgar vs blackpanther = black panther, angis fang would pound on black but black would be quicker and cut him up
bruenor vs captain america = bruenor, he mabey short and stubby but he can still pack a punch and might not be quicker but his big shield could protect most of his body when captain has a smaller sheild could lose a leg

but... what about guavenhyre... guessing if drizzt summons him he'll just help take down who ever needs help from drizzts team

(just my opinion)

Lord Feron
Damn I love Salvatore. HUGE FAN!!!

But I don't think they can win this. If they do it would only be for the slightest majority.

Sin I AM
hmmm its been years since I've read anything from Forgotten Realms, i'll say tie for now, but Rotiart makes a compelling argument

srankmissingnin
Cap would likely solo.

Sad fact, FR characters (well... these ones at least, Everis Cale, Drasek Riven and of course guys like Elmister, are crazy powerful), aren't that powerful. I can think of several more or less "street" characters from other fantasy novels (Decado, Skilgannon, Druss, The Bloodynine) that would tear up this team and still wouldn't stand a chance against DD, Cap or BP.

Sin I AM
Rikus from Dark Sun would own any street character

Bouboumaster
Wolverine soloes

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine soloes

yes he does, its called masterbation

grimify
I love the companions, but, honestly, all three Marvel guys have a good chance at soloing the team.

Juntai
Originally posted by rotiart

for those of you who think Wulfgar is uber... when he started he was 18/00 strength... which was max press of like 485 lbs if i remember right. if you went by d&d stats... str 25 was like a ton... cap does that too... cap pretty much doesn't tire... Wulfgar had a 19 Str, according to second edition Heros Compendium. smile

rotiart
19 strength!?... You can't roll a 19!!!
Even my paladin only had 18/97 strength in second edition...
Stupid wulfgar must have been half Orc or giant or something...

Oh and as for the fight... You can base it on the books all you want buttttt

Wkufgar vs black panther equals win fir bp as his vubranium mesh suit absorbs blunt attcks and the warhammer is blunt. Also it fell giants easily because that was it's special power...

Btw our dm let us roll 5d6 and drop the weakest two. Monty haul campaign ftw... Hehe

Digi
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cap would likely solo.

Sad fact, FR characters (well... these ones at least, Everis Cale, Drasek Riven and of course guys like Elmister, are crazy powerful), aren't that powerful. I can think of several more or less "street" characters from other fantasy novels (Decado, Skilgannon, Druss, The Bloodynine) that would tear up this team and still wouldn't stand a chance against DD, Cap or BP.

Erm.

Drizzt is the most skilled of an already-peak-human race, and routinely performs intricate maneuvers that are too fast for the naked eye to comprehend. I'm a huge fan of both universes here, and haven't ever seen someone like DD do something that fast. And even if he has, it only puts him on level with Drizzt, not above, and Drizzt has the weapons/trinkets advantage.

There's much more balanced powers on team comics, and Wulfgar's the weak link here. But I honestly believe that Drizzt is > anyone single other person in this fight in a non-prep scenario. Not even including Guen. And Bruenor's the most durable. That said, fight could go either way. Depends on whether or not Drizzt takes someone down before Wulfgar bites it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
yes he does, its called masterbation
Are you always this dirty or have I corrupted you? wink

Originally posted by Digi
Drizzt is the most skilled of an already-peak-human race, and routinely performs intricate maneuvers that are too fast for the naked eye to comprehend. I'm a huge fan of both universes here, and haven't ever seen someone like DD do something that fast. And even if he has, it only puts him on level with Drizzt, not above, and Drizzt has the weapons/trinkets advantage.

There's much more balanced powers on team comics, and Wulfgar's the weak link here. But I honestly believe that Drizzt is > anyone single other person in this fight in a non-prep scenario.

100% agree with you here, Digi. And Drizzt has those bracers he wears on his ankles to boost his speed even further. He'd take out anyone on the Marvel side in a head-to-head matchup.

But I don't think the others can hold their own.

rotiart
This is all I gotta say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Digi
Erm.

There's much more balanced powers on team comics, and Wulfgar's the weak link here. But I honestly believe that Drizzt is > anyone single other person in this fight in a non-prep scenario. Not even including Guen. And Bruenor's the most durable. That said, fight could go either way. Depends on whether or not Drizzt takes someone down before Wulfgar bites it.

One. Drow aren't peak human, they are physically weaker than humans. Two. Drizzt isn't the most skilled drow, Jarlaxle is almost certainly more skilled, and Ryld was at the very least Drizzt's equal (I tend to rank him higher).

Go through the books and find all Drizzt's feats, and imagine if DD could accomplish them; then go through the comics and do the reverse with Drizzt in DD's shoes. I'm certain you will find that DD could and has easily replicated all of Drizzt's better feats, while the reverse isn't true. There is a reason Drizzt is cautious and uses hit and run tactics even when fighting mindless groups of orc fodder, and DD dives head long into hundreds of Hand Ninjas and still comes out ontop, and that reason is a vast skill differential.

grimify
One. Drow aren't peak human, they are physically weaker than humans. Two. Drizzt isn't the most skilled drow, Jarlaxle is almost certainly more skilled, and Ryld was at the very least Drizzt's equal (I tend to rank him higher).

Go through the books and find all Drizzt's feats, and imagine if DD could accomplish them; then go through the comics and do the reverse with Drizzt in DD's shoes. I'm certain you will find that DD could and has easily replicated all of Drizzt's better feats, while the reverse isn't true. There is a reason Drizzt is cautious and uses hit and run tactics even when fighting mindless groups of orc fodder, and DD dives head long into hundreds of Hand Ninjas and still comes out ontop, and that reason is a vast skill differential.

Don't agree on Jarlaxle, he is most likely more dangerous, because of all of his magical equipment, but I don't think he's more skilled.

All the rest is pretty much spot on. Drizzt has been injured in skirmishes with small groups of untrained orcs.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by grimify
Don't agree on Jarlaxle, he is most likely more dangerous, because of all of his magical equipment, but I don't think he's more skilled.

All the rest is pretty much spot on. Drizzt has been injured in skirmishes with small groups of untrained orcs.

I don't know man Zaknafein, thought that Jarlaxle was the most skilled, I remember reading that Zaknafein thought Drizzt could potentially be the only person who could even give Jar a fight...

Too be fair I think it was Jarlaxle's own accounting of it, but I trust him. cool

rotiart
Wasn't that from thebooms where drizzt escapes from the undersark?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by rotiart
Wasn't that from thebooms where drizzt escapes from the undersark?

I can't think of it... part of me remembers him telling it to Artemis, but I can't be sure, because now I'm thinking it might have been in Drizzt's journal when he was pirating it up. Its been too long since I read it and everything is jumbling together. sad

Digi

You're still not factoring in any of Drizzt's equipment. Even if we consider raw skill a push, which is where I'd be willing to compromise (I still believe Drizzt hand and foot reactions are > DD's though) there's that to consider.

rotiart
Assuming the fight goes dd vs drizzt
Cap and bp IMO quickly and easily curbstomp bruenor and wulfgar
Surfer armbar for the win.

Then it's three on one

Cap.... Is freaking cap. He's like stat 25 across the board in version two of dnd
None of the armor anyone wears is gonna hold up against wakandan tech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.