Shoot 'Em Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Anyone else think this looks like an awesome film?

Paul Giamatti, Clive Owen, Monica Belucci

Written and Directed by Michael Davis

Set in London, the film follows Mr. Smith (Clive Owen), a British nanny with an extensive military background, who helps a woman (Monica Bellucci) protect an infant from ruthless hitman Mr. Hertz (Paul Giamatti) and his numerous subordinates.

Shoot 'Em Up (Wikipedia)

Shoot 'Em Up (IMDb)

kodak
Originally posted by Strangelove
Anyone else think this looks like an awesome film? Hell Yes .....

cruel jedi
lookes awesome thumb up

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've seen this already. Great movie.

Solo
Looks shitty as ****.

Shin_Blax
You also hate Heroes.

So you fail.

ragesRemorse
just saw this online, so good im going to pay to see it in the theaters.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've seen this already. Great movie.
Where u seen it at?

Shin_Blax
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
just saw this online, so good im going to pay to see it in the theaters.

Where do you watch your online movies?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Shin_Blax
Where do you watch your online movies? we're not advocating illegal behavior on the forum, blax. Keep it to PMs

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Where u seen it at?

I went to a free screening here in Los Angeles.

exanda kane
Anything with Clive Owen in is worth watching my book, even including some of the stinkers he's been invovled with.

Myth
I just saw this tonight. Very entertaining, don't expect much more. Its an incredibly intense, fake, crude movie that is worth seeing but don't expect a masterpiece.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Myth
I just saw this tonight. Very entertaining, don't expect much more. Its an incredibly intense, fake, crude movie that is worth seeing but don't expect a masterpiece. Yeah, I read that too.

H. S. 6
Looks like fun.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Looks like fun.

It is. The title says it all.

Mairuzu
Great film, go see it

Darth Vicious
Pretty fun movie. The chase scene with the Van and the red BMW is pretty sweet.

FistOfThe North
Yea. I saw it yesterday. I liked it. In a small way it kinda reminded of "Sin City" and Kill Bill" But I liked another shoot 'em up I saw that I thought was better called "Death Sentence" which i saw that same day.

Discos
Title just screams LOOK AT THIS BADASS MOVIE.

Soon as I saw the advert I said to myself "Jason Statham must be in this", but alas he aint. Reminds of stuff along the lines of Crank and The Transporter.

I don't think I will make a point to see it in the cinema. Might see it in the off chance I want to go to the cinema and its the only thing on.

My girlfriend was in hysterics when the advert came on because I predicted the end of the slogan for the advert
"Its not the size of your gun...."

and I cleverly remarked.. "its how you use it"

Bicnarok
wow looks good, better fire Utorrent upsmile

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bicnarok
wow looks good, better fire Utorrent upsmile

What's Utorrent? Is that like (the now extinct) Torrentspy?

Discos
if thats the download thingy then I must do this.... *slap*

This movie was made for cinema surround sound quality dude,

Bardiel13
I told myself, I'd see this movie. I missed it last weekend and said "Alright, you're going to see it this weekend!" Today comes. I look in the paper to find something different. Shoot Em Up is all of a sudden NOT playing in any of my county's 5+ theaters! "Perhaps it got terrible reviews", I think. I look it up. Mixed reviews. There have been worse films made this season that are still out. "Perhaps it did terrible at the box office..." $5 mil on the first weekend isn't super, but it's definately no grounds to pull a film from theaters prematurely. What gives?!

Tptmanno1
Definitely worth the watch in the cinema.
Great entertaining film.
It didn't take itself seriously, and took the idea of doing completely insane stunts and other gun-based ridiculousness and exploited them to a level where it was completely unbelievable and compical. But at that point, it really didn't need to bea serious movie. I loved all the crazy gun fights, all the cheesy one-lines, and everything that made it such a bad-ass shooter.
Go see it. With friends, laugh, and have a good time. Its what its made for.

super pr*xy
2 words... killer carrots. nuff said...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
Anyone else think this looks like an awesome film?

Paul Giamatti, Clive Owen, Monica Belucci

Written and Directed by Michael Davis

Set in London, the film follows Mr. Smith (Clive Owen), a British nanny with an extensive military background, who helps a woman (Monica Bellucci) protect an infant from ruthless hitman Mr. Hertz (Paul Giamatti) and his numerous subordinates.

Shoot 'Em Up (Wikipedia)

Shoot 'Em Up (IMDb) I just bought the DVD, AWESOME. **** you, you ****ing ****ers. laughing out loud

=Tired Hiker=
I thought this movie was totally lame.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I thought this movie was totally lame. no

=Tired Hiker=
Fine, it is my favorite movie.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Fine, it is my favorite movie. You make my penis sing show tunes. big grin

=Tired Hiker=
laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
heartbeat

ragesRemorse
This movie gets 8000 points for having a scene where the hero severs an umbilical cord by shooting it...,yeah, thats METAL!!!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
This movie gets 8000 points for having a scene where the hero severs an umbilical cord by shooting it...,yeah, thats METAL!!! yes rock

DanZeke25
This movie was terrible.

Strangelove
It was terrible in an absolutely awesome way

Rogue Jedi
exactly, just blam blam blam kill kill kill. It's beauty is it's simplicity.

McLovin
I just purchased the DVD also.

Great movie.

Rogue Jedi
Its straight up dope on the Ill tip Yo.

Xyn1407
Originally posted by DanZeke25
This movie was terrible.

Totally agree with you
bad movie,

bizEb
watched not to long ago. good senseless, silly, enjoyable action flick. love monica b.

Rogue Jedi
yes

regina414
Monica Bellucci is so gorgeous. I remember her in Malena.

darthmaul1
The movie was alot of fun, just totally ridiculous action, if you go see it expecting to see a serious action flick then you will be disapointed, everything is laughable even the gun fights.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by darthmaul1
The movie was alot of fun, just totally ridiculous action, if you go see it expecting to see a serious action flick then you will be disapointed, everything is laughable even the gun fights.

Yeah, i found myself laughing outloud when he rigged up the guns in the warehouse with rope. laughing

SnakeEyes
This movie was mediocre; nothing special.

As far as mindless action movies, there are many more I like better.

Bill.Cosby
Amazing movie the guy merks his enemys. The hydro grow up with carrots was jokes.

Wolfie
Amazing flick. Literally non-stop action. I've shown a few scenes to people and they were very eager to rent the movie for themselves. They raved about it later.

larrybo
I like the sound of a self-aware non-stop action movie, the poster campaign made it look extremely slick, gonna have to rent this...

Syren
Ridiculous action movie, lost interest halfway through erm

I do like Clive Owen though. Definitely lacked the magic of Sin City.

dadudemon
This movie was definately a good "Shoot 'em Up" flick.

The gun fights were so ridiculously stupid that it pissed me off. I am not a 7 year child...that shit doesn't work on me.

At least in Equilibrium, they had an excuse for why he never got shot by those massive amounts of bullets.

I thought the movie had a great back story.

I gave it a 5.5.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Syren
Ridiculous action movie, lost interest halfway through erm

I do like Clive Owen though. Definitely lacked the magic of Sin City. comparing it to Sin City is a bold comparison.

Syren
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
comparing it to Sin City is a bold comparison.

Clive Owen. He lacked charisma in comparison to his performance in Sin City. Sorry, crappy wording embarrasment

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by dadudemon

I thought the movie had a great back story.

whoa, there was a story?

Syren
laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Syren
Clive Owen. He lacked charisma in comparison to his performance in Sin City. Sorry, crappy wording embarrasment I have never seen a more angry man. ever.

GCG
I disliked this movie. The acting looked forced, the plot was rubbish and there were too many carrots in the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.