Kang the Conqueror vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
There are a couple of conditions for this fight.

- Wolverine's healing factor is at enhanced levels. Beast, Mystique level.
- No adamantium skeleton
- Kang has a titanium sword

jinzin
Kang couldn't even take cap.. Wolverine can deal fine here.

grey fox
Kang in a milisecond.

The guy summons a weapon from the future and he then Blows Logan away....

Alfheim
Wolverine, I think Kang fought Cap with a sword and lost. Wolverine dodged sword attacks from SS (Silver Samurai), there is no indication to say that Kang was better than SS. So im going for Wolverine.

Originally posted by grey fox
Kang in a milisecond.

The guy summons a weapon from the future and he then Blows Logan away....

He only gets a sword..

llagrok
Kang claims to have mastered every kind of martial art and weapon style known to man :/

Alfheim
Originally posted by llagrok
Kang claims to have mastered every kind of martial art and weapon style known to man :/

yeah well he still lost to Cap.......and Wolverine is supposed to have a 7 in fighting. I dunno that in itself doesnt give you the win. A computer said similar **** to Cap, Cap kicked his ass.

llagrok
Keyword "supposed to"

Most of his depictions would have him at 3.

Alfheim
Keyword "supposed to"

Most of his depictions would have him at 3.

....some of them...I know what you mean though......geez I dont think a fancy a wolverine debate...uggh!

guy222

- No adamantium skeleton

Wolverine FTW

Kutulu
Initial post never mentioned restrictions on time travel. Kang travels to when Logan was born and kills him as an infant.

Kang ftw.

llagrok
Originally posted by Kutulu
Initial post never mentioned restrictions on time travel. Kang travels to when Logan was born and kills him as an infant.

Kang ftw.

It shouldn't have to. Straight up fights happen in an arena, Kang wouldn't have access to his technology. Btw, basic knowledge about your opponent includes when and where they were born?

Hercules
It shouldn't have to. Straight up fights happen in an arena, Kang wouldn't have access to his technology. Btw, basic knowledge about your opponent includes when and where they were born?

I guess it could if you had your own kingdom in time. 313

Galan007
Beast/Mystique's HF > Wolverine?

I didn't know that.

llagrok
Originally posted by Galan007

I didn't know that.

I meant that it had been taken down to enhanced levels. There's peak human, enhanced, superhuman and so on.

You know the list.

Hercules

I didn't know that.

I was wondering about that too.

Hercules
I meant that it had been taken down to enhanced levels. There's peak human, enhanced, superhuman and so on.

You know the list.

Curses, you posted that seconds before I asked too. mad wink

llagrok
Originally posted by Hercules
Curses, you posted that seconds before I asked too. mad wink

And yet you didn't manage to edit the post within the 15 minute limit? smile

Hercules
And yet you didn't manage to edit the post within the 15 minute limit? smile

I thought I would own up to my mistake. 313

Galan007

You know the list. Ohh I see that now.

I was wondering when they got that kind of upgrade lol.

llagrok
I thought I would own up to my mistake. 313

Boy, I've been owning up to my own mistakes since before you had hands.

Ohh I see that now.

I was wondering when they got that kind of upgrade lol.

Not forgiven.

Hercules
Boy, I've been owning up to my own mistakes since before you had hands.

Not forgiven.

Boy?

You must be a time traveller considering I read my first comic before you were born kid. stick out tongue

llagrok
Boy?

You must be a time traveller considering I read my first comic before you were born kid. stick out tongue

I was born in 1958.

Hercules
I was born in 1958.

I've seen you pic, looking young for a 49 year old.

Do you use Oil of Ulay? 131

Serious question, has Kang got many hand to hand feats? I can't recall any but I admit that I have only seen him in a handful of titles.

jinzin
well, his facehas shown a pretty good ability at blocking Cap's punches.. confused

DARKLORDCAEDUS

- No adamantium skeleton

Gross missmatch for Howlett.

Laminator_X
I'm uncertain. Does Kang have only his sword or is he in his armor while fighting with his sword?

W/O his armor, Wolverine takes it. Even a toned-down healing factor is still one more healing factor than Kang's got. Kang's only chance would be a lucky opening, and Logan doesn't give up many of those.

If Kang is in his armor, he slowly carves Wolvie to pieces. The bone-claws just aren't cutting it, so to speak.

TricksterPriest
Kang's armor is that good? confused

Laminator_X
Yes, it is. (Note that Kang's takedown by the Young Averngers was facilitated by Asgaurdian/Wiccan magically disrupting said armor)

Im assuming for the purpose of discussion that Kang is approaching this semi-honorably and won't just kick on his forcefield and pin Logan against a wall or whatever until he suffocates.

Alfheim

Serious question, has Kang got many hand to hand feats? I can't recall any but I admit that I have only seen him in a handful of titles.

Only a swordfight agsint Cap. Kang gave Cap a bit of challenge but thats it.

llagrok
With an enhanced healing factor, a stab to the heart would still kill him.

jinzin
If it landed.. perhaps.

Alfheim
With an enhanced healing factor, a stab to the heart would still kill him.

Thats true there are examples were Wolverine would defintely lose if he dindt have a HF or adamantuim bones. His fight with Shingen and I think it was stated in New Avengers some Japanese guy cut open his heart up...obvoulsy Wolverines heart healed up and he kicked his ass.

The problem is there is no way of comparing Kangs skill to any of the swordfighters that Wolverine has faced.

I think Gambit and Beast faced SS once. Beast didnt seem to have any major problems dodging SS but cnat remeber the details of the fight.

jinzin
The feat with Shingen kinda proves the opposite. erm

Wolverine took pretty much only superficial damage there. That coupled with the fact that he's no sold SS's twin blades and disarmed Ogun of his sword kinda points more to him winning a fight here than not.

Alfheim
Originally posted by jinzin
The feat with Shingen kinda proves the opposite. erm

Wolverine took pretty much only superficial damage there.

I dunno first Shingen and Wolverine cut each other. Wolverine states that Shin had cut deeper and had hurt him bad...if Wolverine hadnt had an HF he would have been hurt even worse, if cuts Wolverine claws had not been adamantuim his claws would have cut even less.

Shingen cuts him up two more times, obvoulsy without his HF he would have been hurt even more.

Wolverine does injure Shingen some other times in the fight but basically Shin hurt him more and even stabbed him right through the waist.

It was a good showing for Shin not Wolverine. If Wolverien didnt have HF he would have been dead. When Sabretooth put his claws through Wolverine feet without his HF he was in agnoy.

That coupled with the fact that he's no sold SS's twin blades and disarmed Ogun of his sword kinda points more to him winning a fight here than not.

Not dneying that that doesnt change the fcat that somebody in New Avengers said he cut up Wolverine heart, no HF dead Wolverine.

Alfheim
Anyway heres the fight between Cap and Kang.

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=050ih.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=067tk.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=074ip.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=086pg.jpg

Damn did you see how Kang dodged Caps shield but it came back and disarmed him. laughing out loud Actually Kang might have finished him off with the sword if it wasnt for that move. Wolverine doest have that option in this fight.

jinzin
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno first Shingen and Wolverine cut each other. Wolverine states that Shin had cut deeper and had hurt him bad...if Wolverine hadnt had an HF he would have been hurt even worse, if cuts Wolverine claws had not been adamantuim his claws would have cut even less.

right on the first count but wrong on the second his bone claws are capible of cutting through solid rock, metal, and in 3 occasions Hulk's skin.. Shingen would have been cut just as much.

Shingen cuts him up two more times, obvoulsy without his HF he would have been hurt even more.

Wolverine does injure Shingen some other times in the fight but basically Shin hurt him more and even stabbed him right through the waist.

What you're ignoring is the fact that as I stated before, this was all superficial damage, even the stab to the oblique is nothing that a regulat person can't stand up to...
And furthermore Wolverine's HF isn't completely stripped of him in this fight. Beast has proven that the damage he can heal from is completely suitable to deal with what Shingen was dishin out there.

It was a good showing for Shin not Wolverine. If Wolverien didnt have HF he would have been dead.
Not really.. Shingen was laying down superficial damage that's it.

When Sabretooth put his claws through Wolverine feet without his HF he was in agnoy. So what? The man was put through the ringer by LD and OR... it's not like that didn't have anything to do with it. and besides that, what does that prove do you think?

Not dneying that that doesnt change the fcat that somebody in New Avengers said he cut up Wolverine heart, no HF dead Wolverine. Somebody? You mean SILVER SAMURAI.. who had to resort to shocking Wolverine with secrets from his past to do it..

jinzin
Anyway heres the fight between Cap and Kang.

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=050ih.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=074ip.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=086pg.jpg

Damn did you see how Kang dodged Caps shield but it came back and disarmed him. laughing out loud Actually Kang might have finished him off with the sword if it wasnt for that move. Wolverine doest have that option in this fight.
Not like Wolverine would have to worry about it.. if that's your standard of how the fight will go down move for move, Wolverine will kill Kang by the end of the third page lol.

Alfheim
right on the first count but wrong on the second his bone claws are capible of cutting through solid rock, metal, and in 3 occasions Hulk's skin.. Shingen would have been cut just as much.

Adamantuim claws are sharper than bone claws so it would have done less damage, but if hes been able to cut thorguh sold rock im not sure it would have made that much difference.

What you're ignoring is the fact that as I stated before, this was all superficial damage, even the stab to the oblique is nothing that a regulat person can't stand up to...

He already stated that he was already hurt bad, no healing factor he would have been hurt even worse, he then proceeds to get hurt even more and after getting stabbed throuth the waist he staggered back, even if you want to call it superficial damage it would have severely impaired his performance leaving him open for a death blow.....BUT since you have said this....my point is null and void because he still gets some HF.

And furthermore Wolverine's HF isn't completely stripped of him in this fight. Beast has proven that the damage he can heal from is completely suitable to deal with what Shingen was dishin out there.

Ok fair enough.

Not really.. Shingen was laying down superficial damage that's it.

Anyway my point was null and void because Wolverine still gets a HF if Beast can take that sort of damage Wolverine could as well.

So what? The man was put through the ringer by LD and OR... it's not like that didn't have anything to do with it. and besides that, what does that prove do you think?

He was running away and had to use lots of the environment to help him. Its not like he stood around to fight, he did what anybody in his position would have done RUN. Furthermore why didnt OR use his pheremones? Im pretty sure if OR had activated his pheremones and Wolverine had no HF he would have died.

Somebody? You mean SILVER SAMURAI.. who had to resort to shocking Wolverine with secrets from his past to do it..

All it said in the issue was that he got stabbed in heart there was no indication of that happening. I guess it was refering to another issue...are you sure?

Not like Wolverine would have to worry about it.. if that's your standard of how the fight will go down move for move, Wolverine will kill Kang by the end of the third page lol.

If you look on the second page. Kang has knocked Cap on the head and Cap is stunned it looked kang was going for a killer blow but Caps shiled came back and knocked the sword out of his hand.

As I stated before Wolverine doesnt have a bouncing shield.

jinzin
Adamantuim claws are sharper than bone claws so it would have done less damage, but if hes been able to cut thorguh sold rock im not sure it would have made that much difference.
exactly, shingens not made of anything more durable than granite or steel.. so admantium claws or not wouldn't have made a diff in terms of the damage he sustained.

He already stated that he was already hurt bad, no healing factor he would have been hurt even worse, he then proceeds to get hurt even more and after getting stabbed throuth the waist he staggered back,
No one's arguig with you there.

even if you want to call it superficial damage it would have severely impaired his performance leaving him open for a death blow.....BUT since you have said this....my point is null and void because he still gets some HF.
yup.

He was running away and had to use lots of the environment to help him. Its not like he stood around to fight, he did what anybody in his position would have done RUN. Furthermore why didnt OR use his pheremones? Im pretty sure if OR had activated his pheremones and Wolverine had no HF he would have died.

Again what is that supposed to prove do you think?

And OR DID use his pheremones.. confused
That's how Wolverine lit his ass on fire. erm

Wolverine probably would have gone down but he stole Deathstrike's breathing aparatus.

All it said in the issue was that he got stabbed in heart there was no indication of that happening. I guess it was refering to another issue...are you sure?

Positive. The issue references their last fight in the 2nd part of the Wolverine origins and endings arc.

If you look on the second page. Kang has knocked Cap on the head and Cap is stunned it looked kang was going for a killer blow but Caps shiled came back and knocked the sword out of his hand.

As I stated before Wolverine doesnt have a bouncing shield.

In that same fasion wouldn't you have to admit that the only reason Cap was exposed to a possibly fight-ending blow was because he slung his shield in the first place? Couldn't it be argued that if Wolverine doesn't have a shield to be slinging he won't overexpose himself to be vulnerable in "that same fasion"?

Battlehammer
is capt beat kang is a sword fight.............then why is this a thread.

capt not even that skilled of a swordsmen. Logans sword play is well beyond capts.

also Logan has been fighting with and against swords for very very long time. Kang is not out fighting Logan with just a sword.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Kang's armor is that good? confused

Let me put it like this...today I picked up Kangs first appearance in Marvel and nearly shat my self over how easily he pwned the Avengers.

His suit.....

Has a force field so strong it blocked Thors hammer blows and had to be DEM'd
A sub-space generator, Thor threw his hammer, it disappeared and came straight back at him.
A radiation emitter (so strong that Thor had to drain it, IM couldn't)
Automated Alarm to any temperament
A flash-burst so strong it stunned the entire avengers
A disintegration field which reduces ANY earth-made material into atoms, Mjolnir only survived due to it's mystical status

With just these alone he could *****-slap Wolvie , his current armour is updated several times over.

Laminator_X
Following up on the armor/no-armor question, in that fight with Cap, Kang's armor was already wasted from feedback from his mega-avatar-projector, the destruction of his giant orbital death-ray satellite, and falling from orbit amid the wreckage of said satellite. All that softened him up to the point where Cap could beat him down like that. (Note the tears and cracks visible in the scans.)

Now that I think about it, it sort of calls into question how injured Kang may have been before that fight with Cap even started.

Still, even if he already had two strikes against him when he fought Cap I don't see Kang beating Wolvie in melee without his armor intact.

Alfheim
exactly, shingens not made of anything more durable than granite or steel.. so admantium claws or not wouldn't have made a diff in terms of the damage he sustained.

Ok I can go with that.

No one's arguig with you there.

Ok.

yup.

Ok are you agreeing that the point is null and void or that no HF Wolverine would have probably gone down, or both?

Again what is that supposed to prove do you think?

Just proves why hes a top tier fighter. He did what most top tier fighters would have done try to run and use the envinronment.

And OR DID use his pheremones.. confused
That's how Wolverine lit his ass on fire. erm

Wolverine probably would have gone down but he stole Deathstrike's breathing aparatus.

Why does OR need LD? Couldnt he have just got his on his own. I mean the guy had no problem in catching DD why would have a problem getting Wolverine. Really you just said it Wolverine was lucky to survive furthermore there seems to be two instances were he could have just decided to break his body in two but he didnt.

http://img125.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc24&image=89061_logan_strikeomega2.jpg
http://img128.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc24&image=7a607_logan_strikeomega8.jpg

Positive. The issue references their last fight in the 2nd part of the Wolverine origins and endings arc.

I'll take your word for it.

In that same fasion wouldn't you have to admit that the only reason Cap was exposed to a possibly fight-ending blow was because he slung his shield in the first place? Couldn't it be argued that if Wolverine doesn't have a shield to be slinging he won't overexpose himself to be vulnerable in "that same fasion"?

We cant say for sure. Yeah you could he did the same thing with Bane.

Battlehammer
oh jinzin is right it was silver samuria. I think it was issue wolverine # 48 that it was stated.

Laminator_X
Let me put it like this...today I picked up Kangs first appearance in Marvel and nearly shat my self over how easily he pwned the Avengers.

His suit.....

Has a force field so strong it blocked Thors hammer blows and had to be DEM'd
A sub-space generator, Thor threw his hammer, it disappeared and came straight back at him.
A radiation emitter (so strong that Thor had to drain it, IM couldn't)
Automated Alarm to any temperament
A flash-burst so strong it stunned the entire avengers
A disintegration field which reduces ANY earth-made material into atoms, Mjolnir only survived due to it's mystical status

With just these alone he could *****-slap Wolvie , his current armour is updated several times over.

Kang's a team-killer. If he uses his full capacities, Wolverine has no chance. I'm assuming from the setup here that he's entering melee with Logan to prove some sort of point, or as a matter of honor (or at least what passes for honor with Kang).

grey fox
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Kang's a team-killer. If he uses his full capacities, Wolverine has no chance. I'm assuming from the setup here that he's entering melee with Logan to prove some sort of point, or as a matter of honor (or at least what passes for honor with Kang).

Does he have a respect thread ?

Alfheim
Does he have a respect thread ?

No. I would make one if I had scans. Hes a badass.

Laminator_X
No. I would make one if I had scans. Hes a badass.

He certainly deserves one.

Alfheim

One more thing though. It could be argued that if Cap had not overexposed himself and got rid of Kangs sword that the fight would have gone on for longer. The taking of the sword was a pivotal point in that battle.

You can enlighten me but I dont think SS has any showings that indicate he could give Cap that much trouble. Shang Chi has been able to dodge SS sword strikes and hes not as good as Cap. The fight seems to indicate that Kang could be better than SS.

Battlehammer
One more thing though. It could be argued that if Cap had not overexposed himself and got rid of Kangs sword that the fight would have gone on for longer. The taking of the sword was a pivotal point in that battle.

You can enlighten me but I dont think SS has any showings that indicate he could give Cap that much trouble. Shang Chi has been able to dodge SS sword strikes and hes not as good as Cap. The fight seems to indicate that Kang could be better than SS.
ss would give capt a way better fight then kang did.

SS has stalemated wolverine
SS has stomped the shit out of spiderman twice I believe

the dude is a beast.

dodging some ones strikes does not make them more skilled............

Alfheim
Originally posted by Battlehammer

oH yeah.

SS has stalemated wolverine

Who on other occassions has had problems hitting Wolverine.

SS has stomped the shit out of spiderman twice I believe

He got stomped by Cap in h2h

the dude is a beast.

dodging some ones strikes does not make them more skilled............

Its like this. If Shang can dodge his strikes Cap inst going to have a problem either.

Battlehammer
oH yeah.

Who on other occassions has had problems hitting Wolverine.

He got stomped by Cap in h2h

Its like this. If Shang can dodge his strikes Cap inst going to have a problem either.
ur reasoning is rediculous.

you think because shang-chi dodge SS that makes ss less of a fightert then kang..............if dodging mad esome one a skileld fighter then spiderman would be the best fighter in marvel...........

SS stomp spiderman. capt was ebatign spiderman there a huge diffense. SS was actaully jut beating the shit out of him while holding back lol.

ss would give capt hell.

hell in a sword fight ss would kick capts ass.

Laminator_X

Especially if SS hadn't just fallen from orbit.

Alfheim
ur reasoning is rediculous.

Are you gonna start some **** with me again or are you gonna stay cool?

you think because shang-chi dodge SS that makes ss less of a fightert then kang..............if dodging mad esome one a skileld fighter then spiderman would be the best fighter in marvel...........

Yes but Shang Chi is able to dodge because of his training not because he has superhuman reflexes, that doesnt change the fact that if Shang Chi could do that Cap would have done better. Get it?

SS stomp spiderman. capt was ebatign spiderman there a huge diffense. SS was actaully jut beating the shit out of him while holding back lol.

So was Cap. You think Cap wanted to fight Spiderman, Cap wanst trying to kill him was he?

ss would give capt hell.

hell in a sword fight ss would kick capts ass.

You havent porved anything.

Kris Blaze
Hehe.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

To be fair, so do millions of people on the internet (often paired with claims of bench pressing at least 500lbs for reps, having 12" peckers, and dating only supermodels and centerfolds) laughing out loud

From what little I've read of Kang, he hasn't shown much to back up his claims of possessing superb fighting skills. Wolverine ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.