S02E01 - 4 Months Later

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoo
Official Episode Preview

Four months after the events of the showdown between Sylar and Peter, new Heroes emerge. These include Blackie, an Irish mobster who is 1,000 years old. Hiro remains in the past, but what will come of this? Someone dies and someone isn't dead. Claire has a boyfriend. New heroes are introduced.

Season 2 Preview

cmUi31rnABs

Discuss...

Captain REX
Can't wait! I'm in need of my Heroes fix. ermm

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX
Can't wait! I'm in need of my Heroes fix. ermm Seriously all I'm doing is going nuts trying to figure out what's with Peter in the room with the light and why Nathan's got a beard. Bet he dropped Peter off right as he was about to blow and now feels guilty because he probably doesn't know he's still alive.

Anyway thats my theory. Anyone else?
On and why is Nikki still around?

Strangelove

Captain REX
Nikki's still around because she hasn't died yet. stick out tongue

Entity
Nikki's still around because she hasn't died yet. stick out tongue Ahh the one true tradegy of heroes! sad

S_D_J
woot

finally a Heroes forum!!!

Tattoo
Originally posted by Entity
Seriously all I'm doing is going nuts trying to figure out what's with Peter in the room with the light and why Nathan's got a beard. Bet he dropped Peter off right as he was about to blow and now feels guilty because he probably doesn't know he's still alive.

Anyway thats my theory. Anyone else?
On and why is Nikki still around?

She's a hottie, that's why. stick out tongue Maybe they'll have a more interesting plot for her this time around. I was one of the many supporters of the "Kill off Nikki in Season One" campaign, her whole arc was boring. I yelled at my screen when we found out she and Peter got together in the alternative future. He could have done so much better.

Magee
Wow a Heroes forum, I love this show cant wait for season 2 to start hopefuly its even betetr than the last.

S_D_J
bumping thread

..so that everybody discuss the episode in the appropriate place

kodak
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT!

In Other words, I F*cking loved it, This season is guna Rule.

Entity
Yea very interesting yet again. Of course as always leaving more questions than anwsers again.

ladov52014
just got finished omg this was a wonderful episdeo. this season is gonna kick ass. peter made his memory go away so he wouldn't know. what the hell is wit the siblings hahaha **** that hahaha. hope peter get that lol. dude is like daddy he can fly hahahaha I FIGURED THAT BEFORE THAT OR MY BUDDY SAID SUPER SPEED SOO its the same. lol he wants to **** her and make immortal fliers hahaha, alright everyone was good and NOW ITS 8 CAUSE HIRO'S DAD DIED :'(

Entity
Originally posted by ladov52014
just got finished omg this was a wonderful episdeo. this season is gonna kick ass. peter made his memory go away so he wouldn't know. what the hell is wit the siblings hahaha **** that hahaha. hope peter get that lol. dude is like daddy he can fly hahahaha I FIGURED THAT BEFORE THAT OR MY BUDDY SAID SUPER SPEED SOO its the same. lol he wants to **** her and make immortal fliers hahaha, alright everyone was good and NOW ITS 8 CAUSE HIRO'S DAD DIED :'( Umm ok, so anyone else only think they kinda understood about half of that or just me? erm

kodak
Umm ok, so anyone else only think they kinda understood about half of that or just me? erm huh

Strangelove
just got finished omg this was a wonderful episdeo. this season is gonna kick ass. peter made his memory go away so he wouldn't know. what the hell is wit the siblings hahaha **** that hahaha. hope peter get that lol. dude is like daddy he can fly hahahaha I FIGURED THAT BEFORE THAT OR MY BUDDY SAID SUPER SPEED SOO its the same. lol he wants to **** her and make immortal fliers hahaha, alright everyone was good and NOW ITS 8 CAUSE HIRO'S DAD DIED :'( You're an idiot.

Ordained
I don't know. I was kind of let down by the season opener. But I did kinda figure that a lot wouldn't be able to happen in just one hour. I wish that there would have been a lot more show of powers but like I said before, it was just the season opener. Can't wait for next Monday.

P.S., I hope that that was really Peter in the cargo hold and not a disguised Sylar.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Ordained
I don't know. I was kind of let down by the season opener. But I did kinda figure that a lot wouldn't be able to happen in just one hour. I wish that there would have been a lot more show of powers but like I said before, it was just the season opener. Can't wait for next Monday.

P.S., I hope that that was really Peter in the cargo hold and not a disguised Sylar. Sylar can't disguise himself like that, that was only in The Dark Future.

Ordained
Oh. Ok. Thanks.

Mairuzu
just got finished omg this was a wonderful episdeo. this season is gonna kick ass. peter made his memory go away so he wouldn't know. what the hell is wit the siblings hahaha **** that hahaha. hope peter get that lol. dude is like daddy he can fly hahahaha I FIGURED THAT BEFORE THAT OR MY BUDDY SAID SUPER SPEED SOO its the same. lol he wants to **** her and make immortal fliers hahaha, alright everyone was good and NOW ITS 8 CAUSE HIRO'S DAD DIED :'(

Lol, let me translate this idiot... hes saying that new kid that can fly is also nathans kid, and hes saying that him and claire are gunna "bleep" to make immortal flyers...

in other words... hes an idiot, too bad for me cause you already knew that... and hes also saying peter erased his own memory...

Mairuzu
It was awesome though, the mexican woman, i dont really know what she does but im thinking supersonic waves... i dont know, its just my guess.

and entity is right.. way to many questions and like a couple answers.

Cant wait for next week

Tattoo

Ok, Peter did NOT make his memories go away. The Haitian did! Look at Peter in the episode, that necklace belongs to the Haitian, you'll have to search back to season 1, but I know I remember seeing that necklace on him!

Captain REX
Or at least a similar necklace. Quite possible. We don't know the situation, though. Peter could have asked for it, the Haitian could have ambushed him, who knows?

In any case, Peter shot lightning.

Nathan is (obviously) not President any more, and possibly insane from grief.

Maya is an unintentional mass murderer...when Alejandro is around, it stops her from doing whatever it is her power does, other than the obvious answer of 'Kill people.'

Hiro's father revealed to us that there were nine of the original 'heroes.' Now that Kaito, Linderman, Mr. Petrelli, and Charles Deveaux are dead, that leaves us with five. Possibly four...Kaito's killer looked rather...unmoving.

Strangelove

Hiro's father revealed to us that there were nine of the original 'heroes.' Now that Kaito, Linderman, Mr. Petrelli, and Charles Deveaux are dead, that leaves us with five. Possibly four...Kaito's killer looked rather...unmoving. You have to remember, Nathan never was President.

And there are still 9 (or rather, 8) of the "Justice League" left. (Either Kaito or Angela) said "Now there are 9."

I have other things to say, but I'm putting them in the Theory Thread

Tattoo
Or at least a similar necklace. Quite possible. We don't know the situation, though. Peter could have asked for it, the Haitian could have ambushed him, who knows?

In any case, Peter shot lightning.

Maya is an unintentional mass murderer...when Alejandro is around, it stops her from doing whatever it is her power does, other than the obvious answer of 'Kill people.'

Hiro's father revealed to us that there were nine of the original 'heroes.' Now that Kaito, Linderman, Mr. Petrelli, and Charles Deveaux are dead, that leaves us with five. Possibly four...Kaito's killer looked rather...unmoving.

I thought Kaito said that there were 9 left after Linderman, Mr. Petrelli, Deveaux were dead. hmm

Anyways, that necklace has to be the same one. My theory is that the Haitian found Peter after the explosion and he erased his memory, left him the necklace to start a trail of breadcrumbs to who he is. He had to erase his memory because The Company forced him to or something.

Probably not right, but who knows. Bounce ideas off of me.

Captain REX
Sorry, I got that wrong. It started with 12, now there are 8.

It will be revealed eventually. It always is. wink

Strangelove
Originally posted by Tattoo
I thought Kaito said that there were 9 left after Linderman, Mr. Petrelli, Deveaux were dead. hmm

Anyways, that necklace has to be the same one. My theory is that the Haitian found Peter after the explosion and he erased his memory, left him the necklace to start a trail of breadcrumbs to who he is. He had to erase his memory because The Company forced him to or something.

Probably not right, but who knows. Bounce ideas off of me. I don't think that the Hatian erased his memory, because we know that he can't get any of those memories back.

I think he has plain old-fashioned amnesia.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Strangelove
I don't think that the Hatian erased his memory, because we know that he can't get any of those memories back.

I think he has plain old-fashioned amnesia.

Why do you think he wouldn't be able to get those memories back? I think he'd be able to. Noah remembers everything after some time back with his family.

Strangelove
Why do you think he wouldn't be able to get those memories back? I think he'd be able to. Noah remembers everything after some time back with his family. Could he really?

The Haitian mentioned that he could not restore memories: "It doesn't work that way."

Tattoo
Originally posted by Strangelove
Could he really?

The Haitian mentioned that he could not restore memories: "It doesn't work that way."

He, the Haitian, can't restore their memories. The person with the memory loss can go about and restore things themselves just like a regular amnesia patient, that's what I get from it.

Strangelove
He, the Haitian, can't restore their memories. The person with the memory loss can go about and restore things themselves just like a regular amnesia patient, that's what I get from it. Possibly hmm

Captain REX
Who knows? Who cares? All I know is that Peter shot a lightning bolt at an Irish thug.

He's got ****ing lightning. w00t

Strangelove
Who knows? Who cares? All I know is that Peter shot a lightning bolt at an Irish thug.

He's got ****ing lightning. w00t You're stoked about the lightning, I can tell haermm

Captain REX
It's a neat power.

Mohinder's new Company friend had alchemy. That's got to be pretty nifty.

Tattoo
It's a neat power.

Mohinder's new Company friend had alchemy. That's got to be pretty nifty.

The Midas Touch, I could live with that power, especially if I could control it like him. droolio

Entity
I hadn't considered the Haitian idea before. Good catch, thou I'm kinda divided as to weather or not I believe it or even want to. I mean I don't think anyone he's done it to can remember what they've lost. I mean even Bennett I don't think remembers what happened really he just knows because he knew what the Haitian was capable of and he knows himself and what he would probably plan. Plus they could've all just filled him in after. So its possibly not so much he remembers what happened but just that he knows now. IMO

As for Peter even having that happen I'm torn between my thrill of the concept of having the Haitian's powers added to his list and thus virtually making him officially the ultimate hero and basically all but completely unstoppable. I mean if the Haitian can nullify powers even just somewhat adding that to Peter's abilities would really make him unstoppable once he learned how to control it. Not to mention the awesomeness of having the ability to just wipe Sylar blank next time they meet. hehe

As for the flip side of that, I'm not so sure I want him to have lost his memories that way considering that he may not be able to get them back. And as much as I've been wanting him to meet the Haitian to gain his powers, I think maybe it'd be too much to keep the character interesting. Especially considering everything he's already gained. I mean I'd love Peter to just go on a world tour with Mohinder's list and meet everyone with an ability he can use but I know that would kill the character. Where's the interest or heroism in a person with unlimited power essentially?

Also just wanted to say didn't everyone know Peter gets electricty powers form Kristen Bell's new character Elle?

Ordained
When was she introduced?

Tattoo
Originally posted by Ordained
When was she introduced?

She hasn't been yet...so obviously not everyone knows Peter might get his powers from her because not everyone spoils themselves silly.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Mairuzu
It was awesome though, the mexican woman, i dont really know what she does but im thinking supersonic waves... i dont know, its just my guess.

Or maybe she is like that little girl from The Ring but on a smaller scale

Captain REX
The only reason I know about Elle is from reading the news reports that people fail to spoilerize...

I don't think Haitian-victims remember anything, honestly. He's wiping stuff clean. Not to mention that I don't think his power completely nullifies every power...

superkronick92
Whats up guys, it's my first time posting in this section.

I think it would be great if by the end of the season, Peter pretty much masters his powers and while on the way to fight the BIG bad guy, Sylar runs into him, expecting to steal his powers, and Peter doesn't even acknowledge him and KO's him with a gesture, how cool would that be.

Captain REX
Rather anticlimactic, I'd think. I like to watch them struggle.

Entity
Originally posted by superkronick92
Whats up guys, it's my first time posting in this section.

I think it would be great if by the end of the season, Peter pretty much masters his powers and while on the way to fight the BIG bad guy, Sylar runs into him, expecting to steal his powers, and Peter doesn't even acknowledge him and KO's him with a gesture, how cool would that be. I'd love it. lol

Of course then Sylar would lose it again realizing he's not so special anymore and he'd have to gain some serious power making him worthy of Peter's attention again.

That's when your climatic battle takes place! wink

Tattoo
I'd love it. lol

Of course then Sylar would lose it again realizing he's not so special anymore and he'd have to gain some serious power making him worthy of Peter's attention again.

That's when your climatic battle takes place! wink

If Peter can KO him with a gesture then that would be the end of Sylar...he would not be able to get away to gain more powers.

Mairuzu
I honestly do not want sylar to die...

hes too much of an awesome villan. Its like a Batman / joker thing. Or Goku / Vegita thing

Quincy
Awesome villains should die a spectacular death.

Mairuzu
The bad guys are the best...

superkronick92
I'm just saying, I think it would be cool if Peter became way out of Sylars league by the end of the season, it would be cool to see Sylar trying to fight someone who is clearly more powerful then him.

Quincy
That'd be interesting to see, but we got a taste of that when Pete was spanking his watch-making ass in Kirby Plaza. I'd like to see Sylar fight another bad guy. Now THAT would be sweet.

Captain REX
Sylar vs. Darth Vader!

superkronick92
Originally posted by Quincy
Awesome villains should die a spectacular death.

How pissed would you be if Sylar slips in the shower and breaks his neck big grin

AstroFan
That'd be interesting to see, but we got a taste of that when Pete was spanking his watch-making ass in Kirby Plaza. I'd like to see Sylar fight another bad guy. Now THAT would be sweet.

He just punched him like 3 times, I wouldnt call that spanking. stick out tongue

Not to mention Peter needed help from super *****. lol

Entity
Originally posted by AstroFan
He just punched him like 3 times, I wouldnt call that spanking. stick out tongue

Not to mention Peter needed help from super *****. lol Yea as much as I hate to agree with him on this one, that was hardly an asswipping on Peter's part.
Did he beat him, yea but only barely. Do I blame Peter for that, no.
As I've already said Peter's got allot more shit to deal with in his powers and all than Sylar does. But thanks to his power and his path, I'd say he's gonna be asswoopin Sylar ready very soon.

And by very soon I mean the season 2 finally at the latest.
Hopefully. embarrasment

Quincy
I don't really think the fight was that close. Sylar started off with the upper hand, but after Niki showed Sy what's what, Peter was wrecking him. Those hits were unbelievably hard, and Sylar was incapacitated, unable to stand. Maybe that's just me though

Smallville
I really enjoyed the season premier. I like the direction the story is going, and eagerly await what they do with it.

Ordained
I don't really think the fight was that close. Sylar started off with the upper hand, but after Niki showed Sy what's what, Peter was wrecking him. Those hits were unbelievably hard, and Sylar was incapacitated, unable to stand. Maybe that's just me though Didn't she just whac him with a parking meter laughing out loud I still loved that part. It's like everyone wanted to give him a peice of there mind. I do hope that the season finally has more action this time around.

Dreampanther
Watched the first episode of season 2 this week - Kick-Ass!

I never thought of the Haitian - just figured Peter had normal amnesia after the trauma of surviving the explosion - but now that you mention the necklace, combined with his memory loss and the fact that he was left chained up - it sorta makes sense.

I hope Sylar is gone, actually. He made a great villain in the first season, but now I'm bored with him. It would be disappointing if Heroes followed the Marvel / DC fashion of continually bringing their villains back - it's too predictable.

Besides, as far as I remember, Peter had no fear of Sylar in the Dark Future they showed in season 1 - to me, it looked as if he was getting ready to tear Sylar's head off and p!ss down his throat. So for me, personally, Sylar is old news - I know not everybody will agree, though!

But I can't wait to see what the new villain is all about - the guy with the eyes, appearing in dreams. As far as I remember, they hinted about him in the first season already...

I liked the brother and sister from Mexico - did you notice the scar on each of her victims' cheeks? Maybe she is like a kind of a vampire...

Finally, it is pretty obvious, in hindsight, that Peter has been through a lot in the four months since the explosion - everybody thinks he is dead, he has no memory of what happened, he has gained new powers and somebody left him there on purpose to be found by those Irish gangsters.

PS. Does anybody know if the Irish gangster that found Peter is the "Blackie" they referred to, talking about a thousand-year old guy?

Entity
No I'm guessing that's the one they're afraid of that they were suppose to be getting the merchandise for.
Can't wait for Peter to meet him thou. big grin

S_D_J
Originally posted by Dreampanther

PS. Does anybody know if the Irish gangster that found Peter is the "Blackie" they referred to, talking about a thousand-year old guy?

I dont think he is

No I'm guessing that's the one they're afraid of that they were suppose to be getting the merchandise for.
Can't wait for Peter to meet him thou. big grin

I thought that too, It seems that bigger guy will be the 1000 years old guy...

Dreampanther: don't read this if you havent seen the second episode

and I think the bigger guy might be Kensei, he might not be Irish but he's British big grin

and maybe, since both him and Claire have regeneration powers, those power can keep them immortal, seeing how they organs can regenerate.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
I dont think he is

I thought that too, It seems that bigger guy will be the 1000 years old guy...

Dreampanther: don't read this if you havent seen the second episode

and I think the bigger guy might be Kensei, he might not be Irish but he's British big grin

and maybe, since both him and Claire have regeneration powers, those power can keep them immortal, seeing how they organs can regenerate.

That would be very interesting... where is claude!?

S_D_J
that was just a thought I had... dont think too seriously about it though... but its somewhat possible

and everyone wonders where Claude is, dont we big grin...

Entity
that was just a thought I had... dont think too seriously about it though... but its somewhat possible

and everyone wonders where Claude is, dont we big grin... I would love to see Claude back but I bet its gonna be awhile before we do.

Besides I head the actor that plays him is really busy right now and it'd be awhile before he could make time in his schedule for the show again. sad

Captain REX
I don't think regeneration grants immortality...

Claude's neat and his power is nifty and his actor is outstanding, but other than revealing who it was that Claude was hiding all those years ago, I don't think he's exactly needed back...

chickenlover98
regeneration could technically grant immortality. it could constantly keep cells at their prime. therefore they never degenerate or die

Captain REX
I would be disappointed by this. Not to mention that immortality blows.

However, Kensei's date of birth is cited as 1584, and we meet him in 1671. That makes him nearly 100 years old, though he looks thirty...sooo we could be right here. It at least extends life.

Dreampanther
Regeneration should, theoretically anyway, at least IMPLY longevity. Depending on how powerful the regenerating effect is, (and we have seen it is EXTREMELY powerful in Heroes), I would argue that at the LEAST, the people with regenerative powers should have a life-span exceeding any normal human.

I don't know much about the immortality power, as I have only seen the first episode of the second season, but to me it would make sense that it is a sort of turbo-charged. even more powerful version of the regenerative power

S_D_J
Immortal, to my understanding, means that say person, or entity can never die, no matter what, they can cut out their hearts and still be alive, they can get their heads cut off, but still be alive ( and decapitated)

but for what I see... their regeneration powers are cut short when:

- An strange object (say a piece of glass or stick or of wood) penetrates their brains, and it's not removed. the power kicks back once the foreign object has been removed.

- their brains are cut off and remove from their heads... being beheaded will yield the same effect, because the brain it's separated from the body

either way, it would seem it's the brain that triggers the power, without it (or when rendered unconscious/useless) they can not regenerate.
thus they are not Immortal.... but can have longevity... and i would think that if they are careful, they can live forever

maybe he could cut his heart out, and maybe it'll grow back

but I can help to wonder this: would he have woken up, and healed himself , if Hiro didnt remove the arrow from his heart? it seems he died for a moment there
to me it seems that his heart, much like his brain, needs to be preserve or stay as a whole inside the body.... from there on, it can regenerate, again as long as it is still there.

or maybe I just got it wrong ad the arrow didnt even touch his heart, in that case ignore me (I mean ignore the whole heart thing) big grin

and I still think he can be immortal (granted his head or brain isnt removed) because he (the actor) as been made into a cast regular, and I dont think Hiro's adventures in ancient Japan will last the entire length of the season, Kensei will have to be back in someway or another... not necessarily by being the Irish Mobster big grin

Mairuzu
Immortal, to my understanding, means that say person, or entity can never die, no matter what, they can cut out their hearts and still be alive, they can get their heads cut off, but still be alive ( and decapitated)

but for what I see... their regeneration powers are cut short when:

- An strange object (say a piece of glass or stick or of wood) penetrates their brains, and it's not removed. the power kicks back once the foreign object has been removed.

- their brains are cut off and remove from their heads... being beheaded will yield the same effect, because the brain it's separated from the body

either way, it would seem it's the brain that triggers the power, without it (or when rendered unconscious/useless) they can not regenerate.
thus they are not Immortal.... but can have longevity... and i would think that if they are careful, they can live forever

maybe he could cut his heart out, and maybe it'll grow back

but I can help to wonder this: would he have woken up, and healed himself , if Hiro didnt remove the arrow from his heart? it seems he died for a moment there
to me it seems that his heart, much like his brain, needs to be preserve or stay as a whole inside the body.... from there on, it can regenerate, again as long as it is still there.

or maybe I just got it wrong ad the arrow didnt even touch his heart, in that case ignore me (I mean ignore the whole heart thing) big grin

and I still think he can be immortal (granted his head or brain isnt removed) because he (the actor) as been made into a cast regular, and I dont think Hiro's adventures in ancient Japan will last the entire length of the season, Kensei will have to be back in someway or another... not necessarily by being the Irish Mobster big grin

Well.. Peter blew up.. wouldn't that have destroyed his brain and heart from the explosion? and yet he is still alive

Mairuzu
Unless of course the explosion only happens around him..

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well.. Peter blew up.. wouldn't that have destroyed his brain and heart from the explosion? and yet he is still alive

we dont know that, we dont know what actually happened...

but if you consider it to be possible... wouldn't "that" mean Peter its freaking Immortal...I mean he blows up in a bunch of little pieces, and get scattered all around the skyline of NY.. and somehow regenerate himself.... confused

we have to wait to find out what actually happened.... but I dont think that was the case

Mairuzu
Yup, we'll see.....

WHAT IS THIS!? THE CELL SAGA!?

Captain REX
Ted didn't seem to split into tiny pieces when he went semi-nuclear in the home of the Bennets.

All foreign objects must be removed from the Heroes before they can regenerate. It's not just the brain; the cells can't regenerate naturally if there's an arrow or tree branch jammed in there, so they just don't.

Strangelove
Ted didn't seem to split into tiny pieces when he went semi-nuclear in the home of the Bennets.

All foreign objects must be removed from the Heroes before they can regenerate. It's not just the brain; the cells can't regenerate naturally if there's an arrow or tree branch jammed in there, so they just don't. Exactly: in the very first episode, Claire's ribs didn't heal until she pushed them back into place.

chickenlover98
yea but she didnt die

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
yea but she didnt die

That's just because they were her ribs and not her entire head being removed from her body.

Don't forget the piece of wood taken from Claire's neck that stopped her from coming back to life.

Captain REX
You don't die from bones breaking out of your skin. You die when things go into your skin, like a sign post or a large shard of glass or an arrow or...telekinesis... ermm

S_D_J
You don't die from bones breaking out of your skin. You die when things go into your skin, like a sign post or a large shard of glass or an arrow or...telekinesis... ermm

yep.... but the other arrows were still on him.... and he was no longer dead... only one arrow killed him

I meant that thing about the heart and brain for two reasons:

- Illustrate how they can not be truly immortal (if they could ever be consider as such)
- Why regenerating life important organs could not be possible

again:
brain dead = dead (either by being removed or crippled)
heartless = dead (how its the blood going to flow and reach the brain to oxygenate it?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.