Fantasy Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006

DigiMark007
So, how is it that the street people will contribute anything to this? Because, under the rules, the most impressive feats will all be in the top couple picks.

Also, player pool isn't a good idea. Just use the tiers thread or something...otherwise the list will be horribly limited.

Hercules
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So, how is it that the street people will contribute anything to this? Because, under the rules, the most impressive feats will all be in the top couple picks.

Also, player pool isn't a good idea. Just use the tiers thread or something...otherwise the list will be horribly limited.

Co signed, Tiers would be better, like divisions in fantasy football over here (UK and soccer to the US members)

nimbus006
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Its by position. Each position has to contribute... what i was thinking was coming up with a points system based on feats.

The player pool i made was taken from the tiers thread, just filtered some, and rearanged by position.

Ill post it now.

Digi if you want to help me organize this by all means. I sure could use it.

nimbus006
Stratch the player pool. All characters allowed... No one above the comic tiers definition of High herald level.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m confused, So YOu can't pick your own characters, there is a pool to draw from? why not just let people pick who they want and then if they pick wrong, then disqualify thier pick and make them chose again.

nimbus006
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m confused, So YOu can't pick your own characters, there is a pool to draw from? why not just let people pick who they want and then if they pick wrong, then disqualify thier pick and make them chose again.

I guess that would be ok. The reason for the pool is one its more organized, and two so that teams couldnt pick characters above high herald level. However, i could change it if everyone prefers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by nimbus006
I guess that would be ok. The reason for the pool is one its more organized, and two so that teams couldnt pick characters above high herald level. However, i could change it if everyone prefers.

Yeah Cuz my pick for versatile isn't on the list. He isn't over Superman or Surfer by any means,But I have to pick people I know well or end up looking a fool playing with a toon I know lil about.

nimbus006
Yeah Cuz my pick for versatile isn't on the list. He isn't over Superman or Surfer by any means,But I have to pick people I know well or end up looking a fool playing with a toon I know lil about.

Thats fine, we'll do it that way, and ill be the judge of whether or not characters are elligible.

So are you in NVR?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thats fine, we'll do it that way, and ill be the judge of whether or not characters are elligible.

I'll send you a pm of my team so you can approve them.

nimbus006
I'll send you a pm of my team so you can approve them.

Perfect

darthgoober

nimbus006
Ok so we have two teams:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober

grey fox
Do the scans have to be 2007 !? because my comics are a hodge-podge of shit from the 60's-80's with a few early 2000's; and since the a$$holes on MSN closed 'Ultimate Spiderman' I can't dip for scans from there.

nimbus006
Well the whole idea is to be current, cuz its a season. But if the field rather it be all comics then we can vote on it.

However, i rather it be current cuz then people start using scans of godlike Cable, King Thor etc...

grey fox
Well the whole idea is to be current, cuz its a season. But if the field rather it be all comics then we can vote on it.

However, i rather it be current cuz then people start using scans of godlike Cable, King Thor etc...

Just lower teh entries. Eg 'No higher then Thanos', or 'No higher then' street level

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
Do the scans have to be 2007 !? because my comics are a hodge-podge of shit from the 60's-80's with a few early 2000's; and since the a$$holes on MSN closed 'Ultimate Spiderman' I can't dip for scans from there.

I know......sad ****ing MSN assholes. madfist

Sign me up as well. So can we go as teams of debators, or just one user per team?

nimbus006
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know......sad ****ing MSN assholes. madfist

Sign me up as well. So can we go as teams of debators, or just one user per team?

Well... we can put that up for vote, but as of right now its one owner per team.

So Teams are:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest

nimbus006
Just lower teh entries. Eg 'No higher then Thanos', or 'No higher then' street level

When all the teams have been made, we will vote on it.

nimbus006
Teams so far:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest
4. Grey Fox

nimbus006
A little note to the participants:

Some of you have been PM'ing me with your teams. While i do recommend having an idea of who you want on your team, let me remind you characters will be seleted in a draft format. Meaning each charater will be chosen one at a time. So, yes have an idea of the team you want to put together, but have backups just in case someone else drafts your first choice. Goodluck

Rufus T Firefly
Red's in...

nimbus006
Teams so far:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest
4. Grey Fox
5. Rufus T Firefly a.ka Redatom

TheSentry

TheSentry

nimbus006
Note to team owner:

Now that we have half the teams in, i want to let you guys decide on how the draft will be held.

My preference would be, once all the teams have been selected is to have a live draft on a specific date and time. I will create a random draft order and each team would have 2 minutes to pick their characters. There will be seven rounds. Remember the # 1 pick in the first round gets the last pick of the second round. While the last pick of the first tound gets the first pick of the second round.

For example: it goes 1-10, 10-1, 1-10, 10-1 etc...

TricksterPriest
Good plan. thumb up Question: High herald is the upper limit, but does that mean we can make all the picks (except those with a specific tier dictated) under high herald?

TricksterPriest
Because if there's no cap, there your versatile picks and your brick picks could be high herald as well as your powerhouse.

Akuki
I'd like to join.

nimbus006
Good plan. thumb up Question: High herald is the upper limit, but does that mean we can make all the picks (except those with a specific tier dictated) under high herald?

Good question: See this is where the problem comes in, and the reason i had a player pool organized by position. The problem is i dont want characters like Superman, Thor, Gladiator etc... being chosen as pure bricks. Because frankly i dont consider them pure bricks. I have them categorized under Powerhouses. So... to answer your question yes and no... For the first three (Powerhouse, Versatility 1, and Versatility 2) yes you can use anyone equal to or below high herald level. For the rest be specific to the position. Again Superman is not a pure brick... Examples of pure Bricks include Hulk, Juggernaut, Thing, Hercules, Colossus etc...

Hope that helps smile

TricksterPriest
I think versatility should be capped at under herald.

nimbus006
Teams so far:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest
4. Grey Fox
6. Akuki

nimbus006
I think versatility should be capped at under herald.

You mean no one under Herald right?

Akuki
Any idea around when you're planning to hold this draft?
Also are we going by the sheer power of the feats, or their impressiveness in comparison with the character achieving them?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Akuki
Any idea around when you're planning to hold this draft?
Also are we going by the sheer power of the feats, or their impressiveness in comparison with the character achieving them?

The draft time will be decided when all the teams are made

Both, there will be a point system (1-10) for each of the feats based on that characters abilities. For example if Captain America presses a car, or kicks Spidermans ass then that would be pretty high (9 or 10). Each character must participate, therefore your team must be well rounded. Judges will be picked sometime during the season.

grey fox
Note to team owner:

Now that we have half the teams in, i want to let you guys decide on how the draft will be held.

My preference would be, once all the teams have been selected is to have a live draft on a specific date and time. I will create a random draft order and each team would have 2 minutes to pick their characters. There will be seven rounds. Remember the # 1 pick in the first round gets the last pick of the second round. While the last pick of the first tound gets the first pick of the second round.

For example: it goes 1-10, 10-1, 1-10, 10-1 etc...

It's 11pm here and hot as hell. Simplify please ....

TricksterPriest
Who's judging? And bump. stick out tongue

SnazzySmurph
How much attention would this require?

grey fox
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
How much attention would this require?

Quite a lot by the look of it...

nimbus006
It's 11pm here and hot as hell. Simplify please ....

Ok sorry guys my computer has been down for a couple of days, but its back up and running now.

Ok Grey Fox: a live draft is simple, there is a random order in which each team drafts or picks their characters. It goes 1-10 in round 1, but in round 2 10-1 (the last pick in the first round has the first pick in the second), then in round 3 its back to 1-10 round 4 10-1... get it?

In regards to how much attention this will require... not that much just post a few scans or simply state (scans would be better) feats of each of your characters. You have till December to post all the scans you want.

nimbus006
I see we havent recieved any new participants

So the teams remain:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest
4. Grey Fox
6. Akuki

Milky Joe
You have till December to post all the scans you want.

You should limit the number of scans or else some people may just post every appearance of their character from the whole year.

eg: limit them to a set number of full page (or single panel) scans per match ... you are doing matches? ... right?

Quality >>> Quantity

nvrbeenwthagirl
I see we havent recieved any new participants

So the teams remain:

1. Nvrbeenwthagirl
2. Darthgoober
3. Tricksterpriest
4. Grey Fox
6. Akuki

I'm prolly gonna get my ass kicked cuz I dont' know how to post scans lol. Only links.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Milky Joe
You should limit the number of scans or else some people may just post every appearance of their character from the whole year.

eg: limit them to a set number of full page (or single panel) scans per match ... you are doing matches? ... right?

Quality >>> Quantity

Yes thats a good idea. I thought of doing matches, but dont know how to organize them... any ideas?

Apolloknight
Yes thats a good idea. I thought of doing matches, but don't know how to organize them... any ideas?

No matches, just do it like fantasy football. What are you planing this for, everything from the year of 07? if so that is bad, people will already know what to look for and know who to draft. Also, a year is far to long to stay interested in one tourney/contest. (most people have lives, vacations, marriages, kids, demanding jobs, lots of school etc), Well at least for me anyway (I might like to participate if we can iron out the rules)

I think it should last for only a few months, 6 at the VERY most, and it should be in the next upcoming months.

For example, if you where to start November 1st with the contest, people should make their draft picks the week prior (last week in October). This would force people to review comics, look for upcoming fights, good feats that might happen, cause after all, people wont know whats coming out the next months in comics, we would of course have an idea.

After people finalize their draft picks, Any comic that is printed from Nov 1st to Nov 30th is game, if your character is in it, it could be recorded as a feat. (any comic, not just there own)

The first week in Dec is when you would post your scans, and have them judged. It would have to be judged in a way where it would be fair based on a characters power. For example, there is no way, say, Daredevil is going to have feats higher then Thor, but for the sake of said characters Tier, daredevil could have an amazing feat for a street-level guy(lets say he drops Iron fist and shang chi at the same time), while a simple thunderbolt for thor could be an average showing for Thor, in this case, the Thor scan could get a 5, while the Daredevil feat would get a 10.

And you could repeat the cycle, Last week in Nov, people draft picks for Dec, and so on and so forth. This is so people wont "sit" on characters in a action packed arc and just dominate the feat wars.

Of course you would have to be really organized, and remember who people picked for each month, so when people start drafting again at the end of Nov, you don't get them confused for the people they drafted at the end of Oct. Basically, the last and the first week of every month will be really busy. To keep things easy, each participant should be limited to around 5 characters to draft, and they get a maximum 5 scans to be judged and given points for. (all five scans could belong to one pick if the participant thinks that will garner the most points.)

You do this for a few months, and at the end of the month, crown whoever has the most points the champ.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Apolloknight
No matches, just do it like fantasy football. What are you planing this for, everything from the year of 07? if so that is bad, people will already know what to look for and know who to draft. Also, a year is far to long to stay interested in one tourney/contest. (most people have lives, vacations, marriages, kids, demanding jobs, lots of school etc), Well at least for me anyway (I might like to participate if we can iron out the rules)

I think it should last for only a few months, 6 at the VERY most, and it should be in the next upcoming months.

For example, if you where to start November 1st with the contest, people should make their draft picks the week prior (last week in October). This would force people to review comics, look for upcoming fights, good feats that might happen, cause after all, people wont know whats coming out the next months in comics, we would of course have an idea.

After people finalize their draft picks, Any comic that is printed from Nov 1st to Nov 30th is game, if your character is in it, it could be recorded as a feat. (any comic, not just there own)

The first week in Dec is when you would post your scans, and have them judged. It would have to be judged in a way where it would be fair based on a characters power. For example, there is no way, say, Daredevil is going to have feats higher then Thor, but for the sake of said characters Tier, daredevil could have an amazing feat for a street-level guy(lets say he drops Iron fist and shang chi at the same time), while a simple thunderbolt for thor could be an average showing for Thor, in this case, the Thor scan could get a 5, while the Daredevil feat would get a 10.

And you could repeat the cycle, Last week in Nov, people draft picks for Dec, and so on and so forth. This is so people wont "sit" on characters in a action packed arc and just dominate the feat wars.

Of course you would have to be really organized, and remember who people picked for each month, so when people start drafting again at the end of Nov, you don't get them confused for the people they drafted at the end of Oct. Basically, the last and the first week of every month will be really busy. To keep things easy, each participant should be limited to around 5 characters to draft, and they get a maximum 5 scans to be judged and given points for. (all five scans could belong to one pick if the participant thinks that will garner the most points.)

You do this for a few months, and at the end of the month, crown whoever has the most points the champ.

Great post.

This was my first idea. Originally, i wanted to do the season from September to December. But then some people were complaining that its not enough material. Personally i prefer the exact thing you said.

I dont know about the draft every month though, that may be a little difficult.

I like the idea if of having a maximum number of scans, but i dont like the idea of every scan beloning to one character. Every character should have to participate. Or at least 3 of the five. Thats the whole point of drafting a team.

I kind like that every team drafts five characters and at least three have to participate with a max of 5 scans.

Thanx for your input.

nimbus006
Still looking for at least 2 more participants...!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.