Update for service pack 2 KB936181

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

busters mum
Has anyone else had a problem installing SEcurity update for Microsoft XML Core services 4.0 service pak 2 (kb936181)?

My computer downloads through automatic downloads every time I close the computer down. I have also tried to install it when the yellow shield pops up on the taskbar. It goes through the motions and says it is being installed and tells me it is finished. Then about 40 seconds later the shield pops up again and says the update is there to be downloaded. No matter how many time this is done the update keeps appearing to be downloaded...

At the moment I have gone into the microsoft update site and told it not to download it... But it does not appear to have been installed on my computer when I go into C drive, windows and look at the downloaded file numbers. Do you think it would be a mistake not to ever get the download as it is a security update?

I am not all that computer literate so any answers will have to be so I can understand them and instructions as to what to do would be needed...
My main question is do you think It will effect the security of my computer not to have installed it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.