Nightmare runs the Cowgirl gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C. C. Cowgirl
At his prime
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/F74D0F03-549A-4211-98FB-328796B0CFFD/0/ilmsoulcalibur2004.jpg

Short rest and no healing of wounds raver

The setting is a random mountain chain where one foe arrives one to two minutes after another one falls!

1st foe; 200 average swordsmen!

2nd foe; Ryu Hayabusa !

3rd foe; 100 average pikemen!

4th foe; Hayate

5th foe; 25 average knights

6th foe; Ayane

Shin_Blax
He loses at Gouki.

Though there's a chance that he will go down to Ryu Hayaboozitup.

C. C. Cowgirl
Gouki? ermm

shin_gear
Nightmare solos this...depending on what weapon Hayabusa gets, since he's the biggest and only thread really, IMO. With the Plasma Saber MK.II or Dark Dragon Blade, he has a greater victory chance than Nightmare does. An average fight involving Ryu though would involve him using the regular Dragon Sword. At his prime Nightmare should win over him in that case.

Man I thought I was going to see Sephiroth or Dante in this gauntlet.

Shin_Blax
But Nightmare has such a big ass sword..

C. C. Cowgirl
You will see very little Dante in future Cowgirl gauntlets stick out tongue I know nothing of that guy no expression

I suspected Nightmare to go down at 5 due exhaustion, but if he kept his energy up he would pull it trough roll eyes (sarcastic)

shin_gear
The Dark Dragon Blade is also a BIG ASS SWORD. Anyone wielding it turns into the Devil Incarnate who...is much more powerful than Nightmare.

Sol Valentine
Nightmare can clear it.

C. C. Cowgirl
Originally posted by shin_gear
The Dark Dragon Blade is also a BIG ASS SWORD. Anyone wielding it turns into the Devil Incarnate who...is much more powerful than Nightmare.

At his prime, Nightmare can possess the strength of thousands of souls and use them as his own strength, right? big grin

Sol Valentine
So he'll be able to counter that.

C. C. Cowgirl
Just asking stick out tongue

I know Nightmare is powerful but I know Ryu has quite high potentials in this fight too lion

At least according to fanboys at my old forum stick out tongue

I consider Nightmare one of the more powerful characters that have ever walked the world of Fighting Games raver

shin_gear
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl
At his prime, Nightmare can possess the strength of thousands of souls and use them as his own strength, right? big grin Yep. SCIII Intro:NHmd1LyKfXY---

The Devil Incarnate 313hXmi-5LosMA48H57GHymX0You may be wondering why I posted videos of the D.I., well it's because anyone wielding the Dark Dragon Blade manifests into the Devil Incarnate himself. I'm still assuming that Ryu gets the Dragon Sword and nothing else, which is why I think Nightmare would beat him in that case with some effort.

Sol Valentine
Can't the souls Nightmare absorbed counter the effect?

C. C. Cowgirl
I heart that intro love

shin_gear
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Can't the souls Nightmare absorbed counter the effect? What effect? 313

I heart that intro love Me tooz

Sol Valentine
The effect of the Dark Dragon Blade?

C. C. Cowgirl
The devil incarnation I guess stick out tongue

I believe he could yes

shin_gear
The effect of the Dark Dragon Blade? Wtf?

The effect of the Dark Dragon Blade is that it turns the possessor into the D.E.V.I.L. I.N.C.A.R.N.A.T.E. Watch the two videos I posted.

If you mean can it counter its power the same way as the True Dragon Sword can, no. It however is comparable in terms of power but it can't counter it with an opposite type of force, particularly spiritual power which there's an unfathomable amount within the True Dragon Sword.

Ever since I played both games, which was in 2005 I've always thought that the DDB and Soul Edge were equal in terms of power. They have weaker states and prime levels which are relatively equal, IMO.

Sol Valentine
Oh. NM is really gonna have to work if Ryu has the DDB.

shin_gear
Yeah...as I see it:

1. Ryu with downgraded DDB(when Vigoor Emperor had it, as shown in the first video) is about equal to Nightmare with incomplete Soul Edge...

2. Ryu with fully powered DDB(when Murai had it, as shown in the second video which points out that the DDB reached its full power) = Nightmare with the completed Soul Edge.

Just my opinion...

Sol Valentine
That opinion is true.

shin_gear
Yeah...I'm thinking of making sort of a crossover suggestion thread, or a topic stating what I think would be good for a videogame crossover and which characters from opposite companies equal each other in terms of power...Devil Incarnate and Nightmare should be considered equals by both Namco and Tecmo, IMO, the same way I think both companies should consider Jann Lee and Feng Wei rivals/equals.

Other good Namco and Tecmo examples IMO are: Hayate and Yoshimitsu, Raven and Hayabusa, Gen Fu and Wang Jinrei, Bankotsu and Jinpachi, Marbus and Ogre, Bayman and Dragunov.....and Christie and Nina.

Sol Valentine
Master Chief and Samus Aran
Alicia and Dante(Hot sex)
Rachel and Nina
Jann Lee and Marshall Law
and these aren't even Tecmo or Namco.

Violent2Dope
Technically, NM in his prime is Night Terror.no expression Also, as for some videogame equals, Seph and Ganon(I don't give a damn what anyone says).

shin_gear
Jann Lee and Marshall Law is...313

I wouldn't say Nina and Rachel are equals...Death By Degrees Nina is apparently faster since Rachel has a warhammer for a weapon, lighter and has guns at her disposal too...Rachel's much hotter still IMO. They're equal in terms of oil wrestling...no wait...Rachel would have that in the bag.

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Technically, NM in his prime is Night Terror.no expression Also, as for some videogame equals, Seph and Ganon(I don't give a damn what anyone says). The topic maker means Nightmare at his strongest though, not in a different form.

Sol Valentine
Alicia and Dante teaming up?

Sado22
he goes down at Guts. mad

shin_gear
lion

C. C. Cowgirl
I do not mean Night Terror, Violent2Dope. I mean Nightmare in his 'normal' form. At the point where he was strongest and still 'Nightmare' yes

I also did not think of Ryu with some badass devil sword raver

Which leads me to the conclusion that he completes it lion

shin_gear
clap

C. C. Cowgirl
That is if he does not give in to exhaustion ermm I do not know how good stamina the guy has stick out tongue He seems to be panting in the intro at least shrug

shin_gear
He can last...I mean Hayabusa, Hayate and Ayane will have to work really hard to take him down. Ayane's ninpo as shown in her DOA4 ending (which did happen) Is very destructive and powerful and will affect Nightmare considerably. Hayabusa's energy blast from his DOA4 ending will be a big factor also as well as Hayate's Torn Sky Blast, but Nightmare can counter those with an energy burst so this could go either way. Nightmare may or may not clear it, but I say he'd clear it.

Rascaduanok

Sol Valentine
Those 200 soldiers go down easily. Didn't you see the intro when he blasted like, 400 soldiers out of range?

C. C. Cowgirl

Violent2Dope
NM slays entire armies with ease, and treks continents nonstop til he reaches his destination, he's not getting tired anytime soon. I say he clears it.

Sol Valentine
True, but after every soldier he kills, he takes thier souls, which gives him more power.

Violent2Dope
That too.

C. C. Cowgirl
Does the strength of the person owning the soul make a difference? Or would Hayabusa's soul be worth as much as an average swordsman? smile

Sol Valentine
And every boss he kills, he can absorb the special power that they have within them and thier soul.

Violent2Dope
You just lied Sol, no he cannot.

Sol Valentine
He can't? I thought SE had some hidden ability? It was stated in IGN.com.

shin_gear
...SE has knowledge that spans many generations and has been growing in power since then, due to the souls it absorbed, and yes the stronger the person is the greater increase in power SE would get. It would increase in power more if say it had taken Astaroth's soul than Talim's.

Sol Valentine
Ah, so if he has enough souls, he'll just WTFpwn him.

shin_gear
Nah, like I said Nightmare will have to take heed of Ryu and especially Ayane's destructive ninpo. Ayane leveled a skyscraper with her's and Ryu destroyed multiple aircrafts with his. The only reason Nightmare might not clear it is because he doesn't have infinite stamina. I'm still betting that Nightmare would clear it.

C. C. Cowgirl
I believe in my Nightmare lion

Sol Valentine
NM possibly can survive the Torn Sky Blast if he nullifies it with an energy wave thingy of his own.

Superboy Prime
Hayabusa can completely **** Nightmare.

Superior speed. Teleportation. Ninpo--which he can multitask with. Among his many other abilities.

**** Ryu does the ground levitating Ninpo and then blasts the crap out of Nightmare from above without having to even fight him melee.

IF Nightmare somehow gets past Hayabusa he will lose to Hayate.

shin_gear
ROFL

Sol Valentine
How does he lose to Hayate?

shin_gear
Becaus3 Hayate is loved by every girl on this planet.

He has to win. It's Tecmo's priority.

Superboy Prime
How does he lose to Hayate?

Because the fight with Hayabusa will be epic and I doubt he will have what it takes to take even pussy Hayate down after fighting Hayabusa.

Becaus3 Hayate is loved by every girl on this planet.

He has to win. It's Tecmo's priority.

Try harder, kid.

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Because the fight with Hayabusa will be epic and I doubt he will have what it takes to take even pussy Hayate down after fighting Hayabusa.

Try harder, kid.

Hayate charges at him, NM puts his sword in front of him, cut in half, if he teleports, he's screwed.

Superboy Prime
Right...duriroll

because he will do just that.

Sure.

C. C. Cowgirl
There is a lot more to Nightmare than just his sword and fist shockyes

Superboy Prime
And there is a lot more to Hayabusa than his sword and Ninja flipping. durfist

Sol Valentine
I'm pretty sure he can manipulate SE's power to create energy waves, correct me if I'm wrong.

Superboy Prime
And?

Hayabusa can either teleport or dodge the energy waves while charging a nasty Ninpo.

Sol Valentine
NM isn't gonna go down after but 1 ninpo attack.

Superboy Prime
Did I say 1 would do it?

No.

Hayabusa has what it takes to seriously **** him up. He can teleport. He is vastly superior in running and combat speed. He is strong as ****. He has a wide variety of Ninpos and he has shown he can multitask while casting them.

Nightmare won't be taking Hayabusa down unless we're talking Hayabusa using the wooden sword.

Sol Valentine
True.

C. C. Cowgirl
And there is a lot more to Hayabusa than his sword and Ninja flipping. durfist

Yeah! But by the sound of what you said, you implied that he could do ranged attacks and bring Nightmare to an end stick out tongue

StyleTime
I didn't bother getting into this since I can't be on much and didn't want to get locked in debate, but I just have to say.

There is no way in hell Nightmare clears this gauntlet. Seriously, stop the overrating.

If by some strange circumstance, i.e. Divine Intervention, Nightmare made it past Hayabusa's superior....everything, he wouldn't have the energy to fight Hayate or Ayane.

Superboy Prime
Yeah! But by the sound of what you said, you implied that he could do ranged attacks and bring Nightmare to an end stick out tongue

Yeah that was the point of my statement lol.

However Hayabusa's versatility will give him what he needs to defeat Nightmare. He can cast powerful Ninpo that are capable of destroying huge aircrafts and incinerate people. He can cast a tornado blizzard surrounding him that freezes anything on contact. He can shoot enormous fire blasts. Cast fire orbs that surround his body. He can shoot out electric bolts out of his body at multiple opponents. He can levitate the ground beneath him several hundred feet in the air. Teleportation plus his insane combat speed--he can actually fight on water surface--and his arsenal of weapons are too much for Nightmare in my honest opinion.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
I didn't bother getting into this since I can't be on much and didn't want to get locked in debate, but I just have to say.

There is no way in hell Nightmare clears this gauntlet. Seriously, stop the overrating.

If by some strange circumstance, i.e. Divine Intervention, Nightmare made it past Hayabusa's superior....everything, he wouldn't have the energy to fight Hayate or Ayane.

Been a while, yo.

How have you been?

Sol Valentine
Yeah, where did you go?

StyleTime
Been a while, yo.

How have you been?
It has.

Pretty good overall. College started back up as you know, so there's less time for KMC. Actually, I only got on here because I'm procrastinating on some homework. I should be writing a paper right now lol.
Yeah, where did you go?
In addition to classes, job, etc, I actually just kind of got bored of debating. We spend all this time doing this, but for what? It's not like we ever change people's opinions in these little quarrels.

Maybe I'm just old......although I'm only 20 so probably not.

Superboy Prime
It has.

Pretty good overall. College started back up as you know, so there's less time for KMC. Actually, I only got on here because I'm procrastinating on some homework. I should be writing a paper right now lol.

In addition to classes, job, etc, I actually just kind of got bored of debating. We spend all this time doing this, but for what? It's not like we ever change people's opinions in these little quarrels.

Maybe I'm just old......although I'm only 20 so probably not.

Yeah. Work and College have taken time away from me. Would you kindly post in the Respect Forum suggestion thread? Especially in the link provided in the first post? We will appreaciate, bro.

C. C. Cowgirl
Yeah that was the point of my statement lol.

However Hayabusa's versatility will give him what he needs to defeat Nightmare. He can cast powerful Ninpo that are capable of destroying huge aircrafts and incinerate people. He can cast a tornado blizzard surrounding him that freezes anything on contact. He can shoot enormous fire blasts. Cast fire orbs that surround his body. He can shoot out electric bolts out of his body at multiple opponents. He can levitate the ground beneath him several hundred feet in the air. Teleportation plus his insane combat speed--he can actually fight on water surface--and his arsenal of weapons are too much for Nightmare in my honest opinion.

I have never played the Ninja Gaiden's or anything like that, so I rest my case at this. I could keep going about Nightmare's potentials and his usage of captured souls but it would be like using a gun in thick fog stick out tongue

If that made any sense ermm

Violent2Dope
NM clears it. I'll just post the stats for Ryu and NM since that seems to be the defining fight.

Strength: NM, without a doubt, with single swipes of his sword, he sends like 20 trained armored soldiers flying, dead, and stopped Siegfried's sword with his hand, and both of those feats were when he didn't have a host, nor did he have so much as a splinter of SE.

Speed: Hayabusa of course, but for NM's weapon he's damn fast.

Durability: NM is armored, that's gotta count for sumthin, and his arm too a swipe of Siegfried's sword(and again, that was while weakened).

Power: NM, without a f*ckin doubt. NM after killing most of an army, slaughtered the rest with a big ass energy shockwave shit, and this is without SE or a body.

Skill: SE retain's the skill of all of his hosts, him.

Experience: Who the f*ck you think wins this?

Overall, NM wins. Welcome back Styles.

Superboy Prime
The armor won't count for nothing. The armor Doku had did not save him from Hayabusa slaughtering his ass. Also nice way of ignoring Hayabusa's Ninpo.

Excellent stats.

I disagree with most of them except experience.

shin_gear
SBP, don't tell me to "try harder" when I'm obviously joking.

As for Nightmare being overrated, lol, no. Watch the SCIII opening again guys. Nightmare can counter anything Ayane, Hayate and Hayabusa would have up their sleeves with an energy burst like the one seen near the end, considering Hayabusa's most likely using the regular Dragon Sword and has ninpo, Hayate has his katana, military bow and techniques, and Ayane has her ub3r ninpo (C. C. didn't say what Hayabusa has in his arsenal though). Though yeah, not only was that energy burst from Nightmare massive, but it started to incinerate everything in its vicinity. Watch it again.

Also, when Nightmare kills 200 soldiers, their souls are his to rejuvenate with, not to mention Nightmare has enough stamina to traverse continents. He's going to be really hard to put down, but the statement that he can't clear this is none other than BS. He can, and is more likely to. It's that he might not, and that's unlikely to happen.

Also, Nightmare's armor >>>>...>> Doku's. A gift from Soul Edge. Also, Nightmare can undergo some kind of volcanic activity in his body, if that's what it was in the intro before he let out that energy burst.

Superboy Prime
I can say whatever the **** I want, gear. How many times do I have to tell you this?

shin_gear
I know you can, but I'm telling you not to because I don't like it. You're my friend.

Violent2Dope
The armor won't count for nothing. The armor Doku had did not save him from Hayabusa slaughtering his ass. Also nice way of ignoring Hayabusa's Ninpo.

Excellent stats.

I disagree with most of them except experience. As SG put, that armor is a gift from SE. I did not ignore his ninpo, but NM's shockwave in SCIII was more powerful than any ninpo I can remember(yes even Ayane's tritower destroyer) and would be even more powerful if he was in his prime, with a complete SE. I don't care what you disagree with, Skill NM is his superior definately as skill and experience go hand-in-hand for NM.

Superboy Prime
As SG put, that armor is a gift from SE. I did not ignore his ninpo, but NM's shockwave in SCIII was more powerful than any ninpo I can remember(yes even Ayane's tritower destroyer) and would be even more powerful if he was in his prime, with a complete SE. I don't care what you disagree with, Skill NM is his superior definately as skill and experience go hand-in-hand for NM.

Bravo.

I don't care about them either which is why I only read them every once in a while.

shin_gear
Ayane's ninpo and Nightmare's energy burst are about equal in my opinion. Nightmare's was transparent and Ayane's was purple.

shin_gear
Bravo.
http://www.2020brasil.com.br/publisher/0704/img/vitrine/1402.jpg

Superboy Prime
Sad things is you're starting to think your stats are facts V2D.

Violent2Dope
Bravo.

I don't care about them either which is why I only read them every once in a while. bawling You're so mean! I don't think they are facts, I just get aggrivated when someone says they have a problem with them, but just b*tch about them instead of breaking them down to counter them.

shin_gear
I know most of them are...can we just say he can clear it and let this die?

Superboy Prime
bawling You're so mean! I don't think they are facts, I just get aggrivated when someone says they have a problem with them, but just b*tch about them instead of breaking them down to counter them.

I didn't *****. I said I disagreed. Will I bother breaking them down to counter? Perhaps, but not now.

shin_gear
You'll never become an accountant with that attitude!

Superboy Prime
I know most of them are...can we just say he can clear it and let this die?

Why would I say he can clear it when I believe he cannot. Just so everyone else is happy?

No thanks.

However I don't feel like engaging in an intense debate over Hayabusa right now.

shin_gear
I don't feel like engaging in an intense debate, ever, about video games.

Alright, don't agree and we'll agree to disagree. Sounds cool.

Violent2Dope

Excellent stats.

I disagree with most of them except experience. 1. An assumption that just because I did not mention it I was ignoring his ninpo.

2. Sarcastic statement.

You did not just say you "disagreed", your post is evidence of that. This is KMC, where everything you say and do will be used against you.

shin_gear
group

Superboy Prime
1. An assumption that just because I did not mention it I was ignoring his ninpo.

2. Sarcastic statement.

You did not just say you "disagreed", your post is evidence of that. This is KMC, where everything you say and do will be used against you.

Gotta love the way you have used my teaching against me.

Fine I just said I disagreed with you and I made a sarcastic statement and assumed you ignored Hayabusa's Ninpo because you made no mention of it in the ****ing post.

Happy now?

Would you kinly take a ride to hell?

Violent2Dope
doingit Better idea.

shin_gear
SBP, who raised you? Oh wait, nevermind.

I wish you were more like SaTsuJiN

Sol Valentine
Just get along guys.

Violent2Dope
I will happily put this behind me if SBP does.

Sol Valentine
SBP? Please do so.

shin_gear
Let's all hug! group

Sol Valentine
No.

Ok.

shin_gear
No.

Ok. tighthug

Sol Valentine
You killed me. Read the off-topic thread to see my praise.

StyleTime
NM clears it. I'll just post the stats for Ryu and NM since that seems to be the defining fight.

Strength: NM, without a doubt, with single swipes of his sword, he sends like 20 trained armored soldiers flying, dead, and stopped Siegfried's sword with his hand, and both of those feats were when he didn't have a host, nor did he have so much as a splinter of SE.

Speed: Hayabusa of course, but for NM's weapon he's damn fast.

Durability: NM is armored, that's gotta count for sumthin, and his arm too a swipe of Siegfried's sword(and again, that was while weakened).

Power: NM, without a f*ckin doubt. NM after killing most of an army, slaughtered the rest with a big ass energy shockwave shit, and this is without SE or a body.

Skill: SE retain's the skill of all of his hosts, him.

Experience: Who the f*ck you think wins this?

Overall, NM wins. Welcome back Styles.
Bah, I got some time.

Strength:Hayabusa sliced a jet dude. Honestly, he should be able to send soldiers flying if he had a sword a large as Nightmare's as well.

Speed:Any DOA ninja is faster than Nightmare.

Durability:Nightmare due to armor.

Power:Yes, Nightmare can probably unless more destruction in one big blow. Hayabusa could probably unload the same damage on a single or a small number of targets.

Versatility:Hayabusa due to having various ninpo with various effects. He could freeze Nightmare if he wanted.

Misc:Hayabusa, as well as any DOA ninja, always has the advantage a teleportation. Instantly avoiding all damage is something that can't be overlooked.

Skill: Hayabusa has actually had to use skill to overcome vastly superior foes to himself. For all his supposed absorbed skills, Nightmare seems to simply just overpower his opponents. I'd actually give this to Hayabusa.

Hayabusa should take this.

C. C. Cowgirl
It is probably true that with such a sword Hayabusa could launch soldiers into the air, but Nightmare does it with his fist and not only the sword. Hayabusa might be using his technique to do things that one of his strength normally should not, but I do not think he outstrengthen Nightmare at his prime raver

When it comes to durability, I believe Nightmare can take a hell lot of beating more than Hayabusa. I do not think it matters much if you pierce his armor, as his one vournable spot would be the eye of the sword. This I am very uncertain of though, but I believe that is the case.

About power, I believe that if Nightmare put his back into it and truly focused, going all out, Hayabusa would have the fight of his life. LItteraly stick out tongue His speed would not help him much against the brute power of Nightmare. We have seen that Nightmare is very swift and just because, for example; Hayabusa dodges a swing, does not mean he will get an opening. Nightmare might just as well give him a punch or kick instead. Also, Nightmare can enchant himself with the souls that he have stolen.

Nightmare might even let Hayabusa run his sword into Nightmare, just for Nightmare to provide himself an opening, as Nightmare is a horribly confident and out of what has been shown, fearless character.

Did not Yoshumitsu possess the power to teleport, yet Nightmare wind up the champion smile

As of skills/experience, Nightmare is just as old as his sword and the sword is out of ancient times. He have lived his life by spreading fear, killing and fighting. He participated in lethal turnaments against VERY lethal foes that would play ball with DoA characters and won stick out tongue

Cool video eek!

cyLt9HenDE0

shin_gear
LOL @ video laughing out loud

Anyway...

C. C., you still haven't told me what Hayabusa's fighting with. Is he fighting with the Dragon Sword, the Dabilahro, etc.? I must know!

Like I said earlier...Nightmare should clear this at least 6.5/20 assuming Ryu gets the original version of the Dragon Sword.

C. C. Cowgirl
Ryu Hayabusa !

I do not know what sword he has in Dead or Alive shrug

shin_gear
He has the basic Dragon Sword...but he doesn't use it in a martial arts tournament. He is seen using it against fighter jets though.

So IMO Nightmare does clear this but with effort.

Violent2Dope
Bah, I got some time.

Strength:Hayabusa sliced a jet dude. Honestly, he should be able to send soldiers flying if he had a sword a large as Nightmare's as well.

Speed:Any DOA ninja is faster than Nightmare.

Durability:Nightmare due to armor.

Power:Yes, Nightmare can probably unless more destruction in one big blow. Hayabusa could probably unload the same damage on a single or a small number of targets.

Versatility:Hayabusa due to having various ninpo with various effects. He could freeze Nightmare if he wanted.

Misc:Hayabusa, as well as any DOA ninja, always has the advantage a teleportation. Instantly avoiding all damage is something that can't be overlooked.

Skill: Hayabusa has actually had to use skill to overcome vastly superior foes to himself. For all his supposed absorbed skills, Nightmare seems to simply just overpower his opponents. I'd actually give this to Hayabusa.

Hayabusa should take this. Strength: NM sends 20 soldiers flying while MASSIVELY weakened, and caught Siegfried's sword while massively weakened as well, with Sieg's body and a complete SE he is much stronger.

Speed: I acknowledged Ryu's superior speed, I just said NM for his weapon is pretty fast.

Durability: Agreed, tho NM's hand took Sieg's sword, and from what I could tell the blade did hit his palm.

Power: Yes, NM's big power blast thing is very powerful, and his strikes are more powerful.

Versatility: Agreed.

Skill: Wrong, so wrong it frightens me. NM retain's all the weapon knowledge of his previous hosts, and he uses the Zweihander style, however he has knowledge of how to properly combat any weapon wielding opponent, kinda like a UFC guy, a boxer's main focus will be stand-up fighting, tho he has been trained to defend against other types of fighting like grappling or whatever. Also, NM does not just "overpower his opponents, he has a multitude of stances and knows how to defend properly against opponents.

I think NM CAN win, but it won't be easy, tho if he beats Ryu he clears it because he will have eated Ryu's likely strong soul and will be rejuvenated.

StyleTime
Strength: NM sends 20 soldiers flying while MASSIVELY weakened, and caught Siegfried's sword while massively weakened as well, with Sieg's body and a complete SE he is much stronger.

Speed: I acknowledged Ryu's superior speed, I just said NM for his weapon is pretty fast.

Durability: Agreed, tho NM's hand took Sieg's sword, and from what I could tell the blade did hit his palm.

Power: Yes, NM's big power blast thing is very powerful, and his strikes are more powerful.

Versatility: Agreed.

Skill: Wrong, so wrong it frightens me. NM retain's all the weapon knowledge of his previous hosts, and he uses the Zweihander style, however he has knowledge of how to properly combat any weapon wielding opponent, kinda like a UFC guy, a boxer's main focus will be stand-up fighting, tho he has been trained to defend against other types of fighting like grappling or whatever. Also, NM does not just "overpower his opponents, he has a multitude of stances and knows how to defend properly against opponents.

I think NM CAN win, but it won't be easy, tho if he beats Ryu he clears it because he will have eated Ryu's likely strong soul and will be rejuvenated.

Bah! You would wait until NOW to respond lol.

Is there actually any proof he's stronger? Are you sure it's not just increased stamina. Without proof, we're just guessing he's stronger.

Speed:I know. I just wanted to say the ninja are faster.

Skill: It's not wrong at all comrade. The funny thing about skill is it fades if you don't use it. For all these billions of years of experience you attribute to Nightmare, he has only shown one style of combat. Assuming he can do more effectively isn't sound. Also, stanes doesn't equate to skill. If it did, Kung Fu guys would run the MMA scene.

MMA also brings me to a different point. Style matchups. Sometimes, fighter A who is generally considered better than fighter B will actually have a hard time with be due to style. A good, recent example of this is Rampage vs Henderson from Saturday. Wanderlei Silva has soundly defeated Rampage TWICE. Henderson, on the other hand, KOed Silva in their match. Usually, this would mean that Henderson is better than Rampage as well. However, as the match showed us, Rampage's style was perfectly suited to take down Henderson.

The video game version of this would be picking Kasumi or Ayane to fight Nightmare. Kasumi should take a majority from her sister, but Ayane has a better chance at Nightmare.

Anyway, I am just going to bring up the most important issue in the fight. I might be gone a while again and need to get the point across. I've actually thought about this match today, and couldn't come up with anything Nightmare could do to any of the ninja if they used this. My day was very uneventful obviously. Hear me out here. It actually comes down to one thing that Superboy Prime already pointed out.

Range. Yes, range. Guys, Hayabusa can levitate so far beyond the reach of Nightmare's blade it wouldn't even be fair. All the while, Hayabusa could use Inazuma ninpo. Nightmare, with his metal covering, is a walking lightning rod. Hayabusa could just shoot fireballs or even freeze Nightmare. If he didn't feel like flying, Hayabusa could simply teleport a safe distance away and blast ninpo all the while backing up. Hayabusa is fully capable of fighting the entire battle without ever coming into melee range.

Honestly, what could Nightmare possibly do? I'm not being sarcastic. I am actually asking just in case there is something I missed. Hayabusa can make himself unhittable if he wants to. It's not like Nightmare could rush him down. He's not fast enough to chase Hayabusa and he sure as hell can not fly should Hayabusa go airborne.

Someone will bring up the the force blast, but I thought of that too. Unfortunately for Nightmare, he can only use that attack when transforming into Night Terror. He is limited to Nightmare is this bout. Without that attack, he won't be able to beat Ayane either. The only other option is throwing his sword and we all know that would be a stupid move. Honestly, Nightmare has no answer to this. Meanwhile, Hayabusa has plenty of options to anything Nightmare can do.

I guess to turn it into one question. What can Nightmare do if the ninja fight out of his range the whole battle?

(Violent2Dope, this wasn't directed solely at you, but to all who think Nightmare will win. I don't think you're giving Nightmare the win, but just saying he could do it if the situation highly favored him. Although, maybe you are saying he'll win.)

shin_gear
-Range isn't a deal. Nightmare's shockwave is a blast that blows away bodies and incinerates everything within the attack's vicinity. Watch the intro again, for the second time.

-Hayabusa's ninpo wouldn't get past the shockwave, trust me. Nightmare's invulnerable to fire, also, as shown in the SCIV trailer.

C. C. Cowgirl
Is there actually any proof he's stronger? Are you sure it's not just increased stamina. Without proof, we're just guessing he's stronger.

He swiped like 10 men into the air with just one swing with his fist roll eyes (sarcastic) His two-handed sword flies elegantly trough the opponents when Nightmare is only using one hand.

As of range, if you look at the intro video again you will see that he creates a powerful and devestating field that is quite 'badass' and quite big stick out tongue

StyleTime
-Range isn't a deal. Nightmare's shockwave is a blast that blows away bodies and incinerates everything within the attack's vicinity. Watch the intro again, for the second time.

-Hayabusa's ninpo wouldn't get past the shockwave, trust me. Nightmare's invulnerable to fire, also, as shown in the SCIV trailer.
Someone will bring up the the force blast, but I thought of that too. Unfortunately for Nightmare, he can only use that attack when transforming into Night Terror.

He swiped like 10 men into the air with just one swing with his fist roll eyes (sarcastic) His two-handed sword flies elegantly trough the opponents when Nightmare is only using one hand.

That's not what I was talking about.

shin_gear
Your mom goes to college.

Darth Extecute

At his prime
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/F74D0F03-549A-4211-98FB-328796B0CFFD/0/ilmsoulcalibur2004.jpg

Short rest and no healing of wounds raver

The setting is a random mountain chain where one foe arrives one to two minutes after another one falls!

1st foe; 200 average swordsmen!

2nd foe; Ryu Hayabusa !

3rd foe; 100 average pikemen!

4th foe; Hayate

5th foe; 25 average knights

6th foe; Ayane

He'll clear it..

200 average footmen isn't even worth the sweat for him.. It doesn't take long until they are all gone..

The fact that Ryu can use ranged attacks doesn't really matter.. All Nightmare has to do is run, hide and wait until Hayabusa get tired of fighting.. Nightmare lives forever, but Ryu has a lifespan, and he has to eat.. He needs sleep.. Rest.. Recovery.. So basicly, if Nightmare cannot reach, he doesn't have to fight.. Hayabusa cannot levitate forever, and Nightmare is fast and staminant.. He can run for a long time.. He have lived for thousands and more thousands to that amount of years, and waiting a couple of hours or days wont be a bad thought.. Sooner or later, Hayabusa has to give in to the term Nightmare put, about ground battle.. Then he is screwed, as a couple of swift strikes mean nothing to the armored monster..

100 pikemen, is just about the same as the footmen, only less.. They have long pikes, but he got a long sword..

Hayate.. From what I saw in the DOA3 Ultimate video, he can create and cast lighting.. From what I understood in the Soul-Calibur video, Nightmare is resistant to lighting.. And, since Hayate isn't as skilled as Ryu, and Nightmare doesn't get tired easily, he's pretty much a goner too..

25 knights.. Same as pikemen.. No match..

Ayane.. All Nightmare has to do is enforce himself with the stolen souls and he'll be strong enough to end the fight quickly.. Going an all out against the final opponent.. He can afford to push himself to the limit, as it'll be the end of the girl..

Blax_Hydralisk
Nightmare wins because he has a HUGE ass sword.

That and he regulrly defeats armies..then eats them ermm

C. C. Cowgirl
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Nightmare wins because he has a HUGE ass sword.

That and he regulrly defeats armies..then eats them ermm

He consume them smart

Blax_Hydralisk
Yo momma consumes them!

StyleTime
Originally posted by Darth Extecute

The fact that Ryu can use ranged attacks doesn't really matter.. All Nightmare has to do is run, hide and wait until Hayabusa get tired of fighting.. Nightmare lives forever, but Ryu has a lifespan, and he has to eat.. He needs sleep.. Rest.. Recovery.. So basicly, if Nightmare cannot reach, he doesn't have to fight.. Hayabusa cannot levitate forever, and Nightmare is fast and staminant.. He can run for a long time.. He have lived for thousands and more thousands to that amount of years, and waiting a couple of hours or days wont be a bad thought.. Sooner or later, Hayabusa has to give in to the term Nightmare put, about ground battle.. Then he is screwed, as a couple of swift strikes mean nothing to the armored monster..

Hayate.. From what I saw in the DOA3 Ultimate video, he can create and cast lighting.. From what I understood in the Soul-Calibur video, Nightmare is resistant to lighting.. And, since Hayate isn't as skilled as Ryu, and Nightmare doesn't get tired easily, he's pretty much a goner too..

Ayane.. All Nightmare has to do is enforce himself with the stolen souls and he'll be strong enough to end the fight quickly.. Going an all out against the final opponent.. He can afford to push himself to the limit, as it'll be the end of the girl..
Nightmare isn't fast enough to escape Hayabusa's sight, so there won't be any hiding. I will admit I didn't think of that before, but it won't work anyway. Honestly, Hayabusa doesn't HAVE to at range. I was merely saying that can and Nightmare has no answer for it. Hayabusa on the other, is still capable of winning in melee. It's not like Hayabusa hasn't defeated an opponent with vastly superior armor before. I.E Doku.

He is pretty skilled considering he beat Ryu. He also has the same option of keeping the battle at range. He will be easier to take than Hayabusa however. I'm not sure why he was above Hayabusa.

He is limited to being just Nightmare here, so the souls won't help much. She also has the option of range combat.

Nightmare stops at any of the ninja. He may beat Hayate though.

shin_gear
Shockwaves. 131

Nightmare doesn't need souls to do those. He does it in-game as well.

Violent2Dope
Okay, NM DEFINATELY beats Hayate. NM does those shockwaves in gameplay too, I have no idea where you got the "he can only do them while transforming into NT" stuff. If NM gets ahold of Ryu with that arm, it's over.

Darth Extecute
Which he might.. It's a big arm..

Sol Valentine
It's also quite sharp, NM might stab Hayabusa if he gets a good grip.

Violent2Dope
I was thinking more along the lines of crushing his head and having brain matter all over it, but that works too.

Darth Extecute
His fist most likely possess the strength to crush a human, yes..

Violent2Dope
Yeah, and the fact that he gets more powerful after every fight doesn't help the fighter's chances either. Busa is the one who will give him the most trouble, but I think if he fights hard and smart, he can win.

Darth Extecute
And he has 200 fresh footmen to drain before he fight Hayabusa..

StyleTime
Shockwaves. 131

Nightmare doesn't need souls to do those. He does it in-game as well.
Okay, NM DEFINATELY beats Hayate. NM does those shockwaves in gameplay too, I have no idea where you got the "he can only do them while transforming into NT" stuff. If NM gets ahold of Ryu with that arm, it's over.
Would one of you care to show me this? I don't recall this from the games. Which game was this?

shin_gear
NoYoureWrongShutUp

Blax_Hydralisk
nigrplz.

shin_gear
noes!

Blax_Hydralisk
OMGfinekeepyourGHEYCOOL-AIDE!!

Darth Extecute
Would one of you care to show me this? I don't recall this from the games. Which game was this?

The third game.. I doesn't own it so I can unfortnatly not show you.. What I can show you is this..

qWtb0kjKYXw

Just because it's cool.. and it shows that he master lighting stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Would one of you care to show me this? I don't recall this from the games. Which game was this? In SCIII he uses it in gameplay. The shockwave he did in the intro, after it we clearly see it's still NM.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Darth Extecute

Just because it's cool.. and it shows that he master lighting stick out tongue
Yes, he has the lightning attack. Unfortunately, it appears he needs contact to perform it.
In SCIII he uses it in gameplay. The shockwave he did in the intro, after it we clearly see it's still NM.
I've got to see this...

Can you find a video please? I played Soul Cailber 3 when it came out and thought it was garbage so I didn't purchase it.

C. C. Cowgirl
I just saw a nightmare video where he parried the sword of Siegfreid with his hand. Where he parried the sharp part of it, after a full swing just gripping it in his hand. I did not know it was this endurant, or did I just misstaken? Can he parry a sword like his with just using the hand without taking damage. Because he did not seem bothered at all ermm

Violent2Dope
Can you find a video please? I played Soul Cailber 3 when it came out and thought it was garbage so I didn't purchase it. Kay, I'll find it.

Violent2Dope
I just saw a nightmare video where he parried the sword of Siegfreid with his hand. Where he parried the sharp part of it, after a full swing just gripping it in his hand. I did not know it was this endurant, or did I just misstaken? Can he parry a sword like his with just using the hand without taking damage. Because he did not seem bothered at all ermm Yes he can. I've been saying that for pages.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.