Superman with Adamantium Claws versus Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Before the battle, Superman uses motherbox tech to implant retractable pure adamantium claws (same length as wolverine's) to his arms.

With Superman's speed and strength behind those adamantium claws, can even mighty Thanos survive?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/41000/40759/176537-adamantium_400.jpg

Priest
Thanos ftw.

batdude123
if superman gets a swipe at his head, it'll go bye bybe.

wolverine was able to stab him... shifty

masterbruce
Originally posted by batdude123
if superman gets a swipe at his head, it'll go bye bybe.

wolverine was able to stab him... shifty

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, because I do think Supes can decapitate Thanos with his strength behind the claws

batdude123
drevil

masterbruce
Originally posted by batdude123
drevil What the f**k? confused

Soljer
Molecular Control for the win. It'd be similar to decapitating a T-1000.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
Molecular Control for the win. It'd be similar to decapitating a T-1000.

not if Superman cuts thanos up and tosses the body parts throughout space in different directions

Soljer
Well, in order to do that, I'm guessing it'd have to be AFTER he got through Thanos' forcefield, but before he gets one-shotted...

So, Superman wins .05/10 here. Just for masterbruces 'slice and dice' scenario. roll eyes (sarcastic).

Gecko4lif
He could kill him very easily after he got thru the forcefeild and thanos's cosmic barrages

Astner
Just because Superman get the claws doesn't mean he gets the regeneration, so getting out the claws will do him more harm then good.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Astner
Just because Superman get the claws doesn't mean he gets the regeneration, so getting out the claws will do him more harm then good.
Superman has a very fast healing factor....

Avlon
Superman ftw.

RUNMAN
Thanos still...

TheSentry
Wow what an idiotic topic.

CaptainStoic
let me explain something here first of all, just because Surfer may be able to beat Superman and thats a huge if, does not mean that Thanos can, I have taken martial arts for a number of years and there are guys that I can wipe the floor with, but those same guys that I beat defeated opponents that beat me. Superman may be able to beat Thanos without claws, but have a difficult time against the Surfer because:
A) Different power sets.
B) Different fighting styles.

Photon009
Thanos wins in one page. This isnt even a fight. Give Superman adamantium claws, an adamantium skeleton, a healing factor and everything else Wolverine has, fighting skills, senses, everything, and Superman still gets killed quickly.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Photon009
Thanos wins in one page. This isnt even a fight. Give Superman adamantium claws, an adamantium skeleton, a healing factor and everything else Wolverine has, fighting skills, senses, everything, and Superman still gets killed quickly.

How please tell me how Thanos would win in one page?

Superman has all of the tools to beat Thanos, how can you even begin to judge this fight, Superman's body armor can take any punch that Thanos can dish out, Doomsday Rex broke his knuckles on his chest when Big Blue flexed. If Superman went all out Thanos would have so many problems, imagine this if you may Superman flying to Thanos and Punching him 1000 times in the face before he could say ouch or whatever these comic characters say when they are about to fall. Superman has a healing factor that is better than Wolverines, Thanos does not, how can I say this? Well when Wolverine cut his chest it remained cut. Thanos could not even touch Supes if he didn't want him to. Superman has far superior reflexes than Thanos, Superman can sundip and give Thanos an ass beating the size of Manhattan and all Thanos would be able to do is stand there and take the ass rape.
And all of this could be done without the claws with them he could just do a super spin into Thanos cutting him up into so many morsels you could use him as chum bait.

Photon009
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
How please tell me how Thanos would win in one page?

Superman has all of the tools to beat Thanos, how can you even begin to judge this fight, Superman's body armor can take any punch that Thanos can dish out, Doomsday Rex broke his knuckles on his chest when Big Blue flexed. If Superman went all out Thanos would have so many problems, imagine this if you may Superman flying to Thanos and Punching him 1000 times in the face before he could say ouch or whatever these comic characters say when they are about to fall. Superman has a healing factor that is better than Wolverines, Thanos does not, how can I say this? Well when Wolverine cut his chest it remained cut. Thanos could not even touch Supes if he didn't want him to. Superman has far superior reflexes than Thanos, Superman can sundip and give Thanos an ass beating the size of Manhattan and all Thanos would be able to do is stand there and take the ass rape.
And all of this could be done without the claws with them he could just do a super spin into Thanos cutting him up into so many morsels you could use him as chum bait.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! First off, Marvel vs DC is not canon, so it doesnt mean jack shit bringing that up as evidence. It just shows retardation on your part to use Marvel vs DC as proof. Secondly, when was the last time Superman hit someone 1000 times in a matter of a couple seconds or moved so fast that Thanos wouldnt even be able to touch him? Oh thats right, probably not since back in his pre-crisis days. And if you wanna try and prove me wrong on that one, show me a scan of Superman doing it. Im not saying hes not capable of it, but it's not a usual characteristic of Superman to go for the speedblitz right away. Thanos regularly destroys Superman-level characters, such as Silver Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, Adam Warlock, etc. Superman doesnt have a chance. If Thanos doesnt want to, this fight wont even make it to h2h. Thanos can just blast Superman to bits. And even if it does go h2h, Thanos still crushes Superman easily. Hell, Thanos could probably even make Superman his herald just like Thanos did to the Fallen One, whose also a peer of Superman.

...next thing you know you're gonna be saying Superman can beat Galactus...

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Photon009
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! First off, Marvel vs DC is not canon, so it doesnt mean jack shit bringing that up as evidence. It just shows retardation on your part to use Marvel vs DC as proof. Secondly, when was the last time Superman hit someone 1000 times in a matter of a couple seconds or moved so fast that Thanos wouldnt even be able to touch him? Oh thats right, probably not since back in his pre-crisis days. And if you wanna try and prove me wrong on that one, show me a scan of Superman doing it. Im not saying hes not capable of it, but it's not a usual characteristic of Superman to go for the speedblitz right away. Thanos regularly destroys Superman-level characters, such as Silver Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, Adam Warlock, etc. Superman doesnt have a chance. If Thanos doesnt want to, this fight wont even make it to h2h. Thanos can just blast Superman to bits. And even if it does go h2h, Thanos still crushes Superman easily. Hell, Thanos could probably even make Superman his herald just like Thanos did to the Fallen One, whose also a peer of Superman.

...next thing you know you're gonna be saying Superman can beat Galactus...

The only one that is cleary suffrering from retardation here appears to be you, Thanos has been beaten by the Surfer as well way back when they put on mystical armor. Surfer was the clear winner of that match up. Thanos is not the bad boy that your trying to make him into, Adam Warlock is no Superman nor is Thor.

Tell me how Thanos will blast Superman to bits when Terminus' staff failed to do this, and could only hold him at bay??? Now Thanos' personal blasts are greater than Terminus' Staff? No.

Superman can not beat Galactus, but Thanos can't either without his tricks. Thanos does have a personal force field and it's strong, but it's not Juggernaut strong so don't try to use this as a scape goat.

The only way that Thanos would win this is if he used cheapness, he could never stand up to a full frontal assault from Superman or someone with Supermans powers. Superman could punch a hole in Thanos and vibrate his molecules apart while flying his purple ass to the nearest star for a speed dump.

Superman can throw a 1000 punch barrage, he just isn't seen doing so because the people that write the book want to keep his fights entertaining, if he did this in every fight it would be over so soon that readers would never pick the book up again.

This is not a comic it's KMC, Superman does have this power, he can move his hands as fast as he can move his feet or do you think than when he runs his hands move slower than his legs... if so you may have a problem.

If Superman wanted to he could position himself above The Mighty Thanos and stomp him right to the planets core. As I said earlier just because A can beat B, and B can beat C, does not mean that A can beat C.

Not all Heralds are the same Superman could one shot Firelord, Hercules showed us how tough he was by breaking his jaw with one punch and Superman can hit harder than that, if Superman hit Firelord with all of his might he'd knock his head off.

Thanos will lose to Superman plain and simple. Thanos' only hope in this fight is bfr, and that would be because he knew that he was over matched.

Superman for the win.

grey fox
Bullshit

He could never stand up to a full frontal assault from Superman or someone with Supermans powers. Superman could punch a hole in Thanos and vibrate his molecules apart while flying his purple ass to the nearest star for a speed dump

Yes , because Thor (Lifted Midgard serpent , braced stone weighting a couple of million tons with IM and Hulk ect) amped by the Power Gem is OBVIOUSLY not in the same league as Superman roll eyes (sarcastic) Also 'punching a hole' and 'vibrating molecules' are completely useless. Eternal physiology for the win.

If Superman wanted to he could position himself above The Mighty Thanos and stomp him right to the planets core.

Which would do Sweet Fanny Adas , Thanos was majorly injured (IE : Needed his intergalactic GP too look him over) only after FALLING INTO A BLACK HOLE. The planets core means nothing to him.

Thanos will lose to Superman plain and simple. Thanos' only hope in this fight is bfr

Energy draining, matter manip , Spell trap ect

Hitman911
I can't believe that this is Even a debate.They are in totally different leagues. This is a 2 panel fight at best.
Thanos FTW

Photon009
The only one that is cleary suffrering from retardation here appears to be you, Thanos has been beaten by the Surfer as well way back when they put on mystical armor. Surfer was the clear winner of that match up. Thanos is not the bad boy that your trying to make him into, Adam Warlock is no Superman nor is Thor.

Tell me how Thanos will blast Superman to bits when Terminus' staff failed to do this, and could only hold him at bay??? Now Thanos' personal blasts are greater than Terminus' Staff? No.

Superman can not beat Galactus, but Thanos can't either without his tricks. Thanos does have a personal force field and it's strong, but it's not Juggernaut strong so don't try to use this as a scape goat.

The only way that Thanos would win this is if he used cheapness, he could never stand up to a full frontal assault from Superman or someone with Supermans powers. Superman could punch a hole in Thanos and vibrate his molecules apart while flying his purple ass to the nearest star for a speed dump.

Superman can throw a 1000 punch barrage, he just isn't seen doing so because the people that write the book want to keep his fights entertaining, if he did this in every fight it would be over so soon that readers would never pick the book up again.

This is not a comic it's KMC, Superman does have this power, he can move his hands as fast as he can move his feet or do you think than when he runs his hands move slower than his legs... if so you may have a problem.

If Superman wanted to he could position himself above The Mighty Thanos and stomp him right to the planets core. As I said earlier just because A can beat B, and B can beat C, does not mean that A can beat C.

Not all Heralds are the same Superman could one shot Firelord, Hercules showed us how tough he was by breaking his jaw with one punch and Superman can hit harder than that, if Superman hit Firelord with all of his might he'd knock his head off.

Thanos will lose to Superman plain and simple. Thanos' only hope in this fight is bfr, and that would be because he knew that he was over matched.

Superman for the win.

Show me a scan of Surfer ever beating Thanos. Please go ahead and try to show me a scan of Norrin taking down Thanos without a shitload of help. Cause the last 2 times i remember them fighting, Thanos killed him once, and Surfer blasted him the other time and Thanos literally said "are you finished?" and wasnt even fazed.

Actually, Terminus' blast from his staff sent Superman sailing. And i would put Thanos > Terminus. Terminus is very overrated, he might look like a Galactus-level kinda guy, but he's not. Not even close. He was once ripped wide open by Hercules.

Thanos' shields are not as strong as Juggernaut's? First off, yes they are. Thanos' shields have stood up to prolonged blasts from a very very pissed off Galactus. Cain's power is only a portion of Cyttorak's, whose a Skyfather, aka weaker than Galactus, aka Cain would get destroyed by the blast Galactus dished out against Thanos. Thanos also survived (barely) an ALL-OUT blast from Omega, a Thanos-Galactus hybrid that was TWICE as powerful as Galactus himself.

If Superman was actually dumb enough to try to punch a hole in Thanos, Thanos would literally plant his ass in the ground like a *****. Superman is nothing to Thanos physically. And Thanos cant stand up to Superman's attacks? Uh, as i just mentioned, Thanos has laughed at Surfer's attacks, and stood up to Galactus' attacks as well as Omega's, as well as Odin's and a crazy Thor in Warrior Madness amped by the Power Gem (regular Thor unamped is superior to Superman by the way). If you think Thanos cant stand up to Superman's attacks you obviously either no nothing about Thanos, or nothing about anything at all.

It doesnt matter if the reason Superman is not throwing 1000 punches in one second is because he cant or because he doesnt want to or because the writer doesnt want him to. It doesnt matter. All that matters is that it is not a regular characteristic of Superman to do that, so there's no reason to believe he would do it here. Yes this is a comic forum not an actual comic book, but you cant change the characterization and personality of a character around to suit your needs. It doesnt work that way. In other words, Superman would not hit Thanos with 1000 punches in a second or two, even if he could (which i dont believe he could by the way), because he does not normally do that and there's no reason to assume he would do that here.

Herc didnt break Firelord's jaw. Firelord was actually only dazed for a couple of panels and then was fine afterwards. And it was a cheapshot on Hercules' part. Firelord didnt want to get physically, nor (if i remember correctly) was he even paying attention to Hercules specifically at the moment Herc hit him. And for the record, Firelord has produced heat so crazy that Surfer couldnt even handle it, even with redirecting some and absorbing some. So if Firelord wanted to, he could burn Superman to a crisp. I would give Supes slight odds over FL, but it wouldnt be half as easy as you make it sound.

Thanos' only hope is a BFR? Wow dude. Even if Thanos didnt want to just pummel Superman physically or blast him to hell both of which Thanos is more than capable of doing, there's tons of other stuff Thanos could do. Thanos has energy manipulation above Surfer's level. Aka he could hit Supes with K-Nite, drain him of every bit of solar energy he has, he could mindrape Supes, he could make Supes his herald just like Thanos did to the Fallen One, he could turn Superman inside out, or just easily outsmart Superman. Thanos has so many ways to win this fight it's incredible.

Superman doesnt even have a chance here. And until you realize this, im done debating with you because anyone who honestly thinks Superman would last more than a page against an all-out Thanos is ****ing retarded.

Thanos wins.

vlaaad12345
Silver surfer has only beatin thanos once and that was in a fight without their powers,the one time thanos was serious about hurting silver surfer he destroyed him near effortlessly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.