1989 49ers vs 1985 bears

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
this is for a little fun here since the nfl has started. i hope no one takes offense to this.

the battle for the greatest single season team is here. can monatana defeat these badass bears.

spidey-dude
uh wrong forum dude

quanchi112
Originally posted by spidey-dude
uh wrong forum dude i just thought it would be fun to see opinions in here becuz its where most people go to argue this kind of stuff. who wins in ur opinion.

KMC_Drifter
This is the wrong forum...and will be closed...but, this would be a good game. Bears...who had arguably one of the best defense's of all time...against Montana and Rice...and an overall good 49'rs offense. I think the Bears shut the Niners down in a close game.

DigiMark007
The sports forum gets hits, ya know.

ermm

...and it's like you're stuffing a personal desire to talk sports upon people who visit this particular forum to talk comics.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
This is the wrong forum...and will be closed...but, this would be a good game. Bears...who had arguably one of the best defense's of all time...against Montana and Rice...and an overall good 49'rs offense. I think the Bears shut the Niners down in a close game. no way the bears would ok. ok here why the niners had a 14-2 record while the hbears had a 15-1 record losing to the dolphins handily. the niners lots in two games byy 5 points for two losses. payton was past his prime and the niners defense would shut down jim mcmahon and this crappy passing game. willie gault would get knocked the freak out by ronnie lott.

the niners offense could throw downfield on the bears d. u wanna know why they never repeated becuz teams caught on to the 46 defense.

sorry but niners score enough points for the win.

remember the dolphins passed all over them and beat the shit out of them. bears played shitty teams in the postseason.

niners win this.

MightyEInherjar
Bears by BFR.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DigiMark007

ermm

...and it's like you're stuffing a personal desire to talk sports upon people who visit this particular forum to talk comics. can u let this stay up for just a day or two in honor the great nfl. ive been to the nfl forum and it doesnt get tehta much action.

digi they did this on espn and had all the great sb champs last year around superbowl time.

espn analysts has niners winning this while the people voted the bears in a slight win.

i love comparing greatest nfl teams of all time.

JasonK4
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z216/VANA7/supa.gif

quanchi112
here are the greatest 7 nfl teams of all time in my opinion in no particular order.

1989 49ers,1984 49ers,1994 49ers,1992 cowboys,1998 broncos,1985 bears,78 steelers

lando005
Originally posted by quanchi112
here are the greatest 7 nfl teams of all time in my opinion in no particular order.

1989 49ers,1984 49ers,1994 49ers,1992 cowboys,1998 broncos,1985 bears,78 steelers what happend to the 03 bucs? they should alteast be up here fro most improved....

and as for this game the niners got the skill to get the deep range passes to get past the bears's d but i see the bear's putting soo much pressure on the niner's offence they just might break

quanchi112
Originally posted by lando005
what happend to the 03 bucs? they should alteast be up here fro most improved....

and as for this game the niners got the skill to get the deep range passes to get past the bears's d but i see the bear's putting soo much pressure on the niner's offence they just might break the 02 bus dont cut it. their offense wasnt good enough and their defense was great but was not phenomenal.

montana wouldnt break. he is calm cool and collected and would throw down the field. with rice the would beurn them for a couple td's at least.

niners put enough points on the board for the win.

KMC_Drifter
Hey Quanch....Bears for the win...55-0

lando005
the 02 bus dont cut it. their offense wasnt good enough and their defense was great but was not phenomenal.

montana wouldnt break. he is calm cool and collected and would throw down the field. with rice the would beurn them for a couple td's at least.

niners put enough points on the board for the win. we all know dungy just needed one more year to fine tune and they had the best D in the leauge at the time.

as for Montana...PIS?... refresh my memory if i'm wrong but i dont think the niner's offence took quite as much pressure from anyone else. I'm sure they'll pass over the bears all day but sooner or later they're gonna bring down the hammer on em and when that happens the line will be broken

quanchi112
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Hey Quanch....Bears for the win...55-0 the niners wont the superbowl 55-10 and beat down the great john elway.

the bears couldnt score 55 on their best day.

niners win this.

quanchi112
we all know dungy just needed one more year to fine tune and they had the best D in the leauge at the time.

as for Montana...PIS?... refresh my memory if i'm wrong but i dont think the niner's offence took quite as much pressure from anyone else. I'm sure they'll pass over the bears all day but sooner or later they're gonna bring down the hammer on em and when that happens the line will be broken the 46 was susceptible to the long pass. this offense was one of the greatest of all time while the bears defence was one of the greatest of all time. trust me the bears offense would get shut down. the niners win this 21-17.

montana to rice. even the bears couldnt stop it.

they scored at will all year.

Newjak
the 02 bus dont cut it. their offense wasnt good enough and their defense was great but was not phenomenal.

niners put enough points on the board for the win. The 02 Bucs would have killed the 89 49ers for one simple Reason Defense.

That team ate QBs like Montana for Lunch and the Bucs defensive speed on that particular team was probably the best at all positions you will ever find anywhere and anytime peroid.

The Bucs offense was pretty sorry during teh season but in actualy play-offs they were monsters. They had a hard nosed passing game that featured a few really good recievers and at the time the run game was really blossoming.

So in Superbowl form the Bucs should handily beat the 49ers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
The 02 Bucs would have killed the 89 49ers for one simple Reason Defense.

That team ate QBs like Montana for Lunch and the Bucs defensive speed on that particular team was probably the best at all positions you will ever find anywhere and anytime peroid.

The Bucs offense was pretty sorry during teh season but in actualy play-offs they were monsters. They had a hard nosed passing game that featured a few really good recievers and at the time the run game was really blossoming.

So in Superbowl form the Bucs should handily beat the 49ers. i cannot believe ur comparing this team to the 89 niners.the bucs defense was fast yes but are u comparing this onesided team to the likes of the 89 version. the 94 49ers would have waxed this team. utter decimation for any of the niners teams here. their defense was very good as well and they had two hall of famers. they didnt have to beat rich ganon here and they didnt have the coach the prior year as the did in the superbowl.

bucs arent even up for consideration here as there are so many teams better than them.

they had a 12-4 reg season record and didnt dominate at all like anr of these all time great teams.

they are at the back of the line here.

Newjak
i cannot believe ur comparing this team to the 89 niners.the bucs defense was fast yes but are u comparing this onesided team to the likes of the 89 version. the 94 49ers would have waxed this team. utter decimation for any of the niners teams here. their defense was very good as well and they had two hall of famers. they didnt have to beat rich ganon here and they didnt have the coach the prior year as the did in the superbowl.

bucs arent even up for consideration here as there are so many teams better than them.

they had a 12-4 reg season record and didnt dominate at all like anr of these all time great teams.

they are at the back of the line here. What would have th 49ers offense had done nothing. Seriously the 02 Bucs had two to three people speed wise that could cover Jerry Rice down Field and John Lynch would have taken Rice out of the game with one good hit.

As for Montana the Bucs D_Line was a monster sack team rolling up 45 sacks the most in a given year by a team. Montana would have been on his back most of the game or just throwing up passes.

And if you have any questions abvout the ability of the Bucs to cover passes they did rack up around 30 Interceptions that years as well.

Recieving wise you'll find few teams in history of teh NFL that had as many passing threats fromall positions. They had Keyshawn Johnson, Keenan McCardell, and Joe Jurevicius at Wide Recivers.

And they had Micheal Pittman and Mike Alstott coming out of the backfield. Matchup wise the 49ers wouldn't have been able to handle the Bucs passing game. They had no linebackers that could cover Pittman out of the backfield. Also like I said the running game had been blossoming putting up 150 yards i nthe Superbowl.

So yes the 02 Bucs should have been able to handle the 89 49ers rather easily. They could easily take away the 49ers biggest weapon the passing game. And the the 40ers defense just couldn't match up with the Bucs recievering core that year.

norrinradd43

1989 49ers,1984 49ers,1994 49ers,1992 cowboys,1998 broncos,1985 bears,78 steelers Chalk up the 07 colts on there too

Air Legend
49ers

basilisk
Originally posted by DigiMark007

ermm

...and it's like you're stuffing a personal desire to talk sports upon people who visit this particular forum to talk comics.

Thanks for explaining since I'd never heard of 49ers or Bears. My first thought was baseball because of those old movies...

spawnwest
85 Bears would shut down the 89 49ers

Even though the 46 D would have a problem with the long ball, the Bears Defensive line and blitzing linebackers would be to much for the 49ers offense causing trouble for their passing game. Also, the Bears D would completely shut down the 49ers running back, making them one-dimensional team. Not having a running game to offset the passing game would just be bad news.

The 49ers D would not be able to stop the Bears running game.

85 Bears FTW
score: 24-10

Validus
the niners wont the superbowl 55-10 and beat down the great john elway.

the bears couldnt score 55 on their best day.

niners win this.
confused

They scored 46 in SBXX against a top 5 defense. Their scoring offense was #2 that year.

Besides, who actually thinks the 49ers would put up 55 on the 85 Bears?

Validus
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Chalk up the 07 colts on there too
no expression

The 07 Colts aren't even the best Colts team of the Peyton Manning era.

BobbyD
no way the bears would ok. ok here why the niners had a 14-2 record while the hbears had a 15-1 record losing to the dolphins handily. the niners lots in two games byy 5 points for two losses. payton was past his prime and the niners defense would shut down jim mcmahon and this crappy passing game. willie gault would get knocked the freak out by ronnie lott.

the niners offense could throw downfield on the bears d. u wanna know why they never repeated becuz teams caught on to the 46 defense.

sorry but niners score enough points for the win.

remember the dolphins passed all over them and beat the shit out of them. bears played shitty teams in the postseason.

niners win this.

Yes it would be a good game. And, none of the factors you stated above is accurate.

lando005
Originally posted by Validus
confused

They scored 46 in SBXX against a top 5 defense. Their scoring offense was #2 that year.

Besides, who actually thinks the 49ers would put up 55 on the 85 Bears? i dont think anybody could put up 55 against the 85 Bears except for more recent teams but that is mainly due to the fact that the players themselves are physically on a whole nother level and the bears would be out preformed.

I say the best way to settle this is to grab the nearest copy of madden put the game on computer simulation and run the match up about 3 times. Best 2 outta 3 should take it

quanchi112
Originally posted by spawnwest
85 Bears would shut down the 89 49ers

Even though the 46 D would have a problem with the long ball, the Bears Defensive line and blitzing linebackers would be to much for the 49ers offense causing trouble for their passing game. Also, the Bears D would completely shut down the 49ers running back, making them one-dimensional team. Not having a running game to offset the passing game would just be bad news.

The 49ers D would not be able to stop the Bears running game.

85 Bears FTW
score: 24-10 the pats stopped walter payton in the superbowl that year. he was past his prime. i mean come on here.

willie gault scares no one on the niners team.

bears lose 21-17.

refer to the chargers vs the bears of this year. superior d held them all they could but they couldnt keep up with them.

bears offense is much better bu the niners defense was damn good and shut teams down in the playoffs.

if u think jim mcmahon is throwing against ronnie lott ur wrong.

quanchi112
i dont think anybody could put up 55 against the 85 Bears except for more recent teams but that is mainly due to the fact that the players themselves are physically on a whole nother level and the bears would be out preformed.

I say the best way to settle this is to grab the nearest copy of madden put the game on computer simulation and run the match up about 3 times. Best 2 outta 3 should take it i said the 89 niners did put up 55 while the bears didnt do it all year. niners were to much for this team.

both teams were freaking awesome.

niners win though.

lando005
i said the 89 niners did put up 55 while the bears didnt do it all year. niners were to much for this team.

both teams were freaking awesome.

niners win though. i can see the niners wining it in over time

quanchi112
i can see the niners wining it in over time montana is the greatest qb and rice is the greatest wideout. the put enough points on the scoreboard to win.

Newjak
No offense but it wasn't like the 89 49ers put up 50 every game in fact there are a number of times they were only at 20 or lower

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
No offense but it wasn't like the 89 49ers put up 50 every game in fact there are a number of times they were only at 20 or lower when did i say theyll score 55 on the bears. i just meant they can put up bigger numbers than the bears.

they score enough for the win.

the Darkone
49ers, too versatile all round better team. Rice, Taylor, Craig, B.Jones, T. Rathman, Frank and Montana on offense and their defense is no slouch either, lott nuff said.

he_hate_me
Greatest QB, WR, DB, and one of the most resatile RB to abuse Da Bears.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
49ers, too versatile all round better team. Rice, Taylor, Craig, B.Jones, T. Rathman, Frank and Montana on offense and their defense is no slouch either, lott nuff said. hell yeah.

the team was better as a whole. 46 was always suscpetible to the long ball.

who better than montana and rice to exploit it.

wink

the Darkone
Originally posted by he_hate_me
Greatest QB, WR, DB, and one of the most versatile RB to abuse Da Bears.

lando005
i would pick the niners to win but it wont be a shut out

Captain REX
Yeah yeah, this isn't the place to talk sports...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.