Ryu vs Jin Kazama: 3-Round Battle Royale!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Two fighters. Three rounds.

The reluctant decendant of the Mishima family takes on the hard-hitting Ansatsuken veteran.

ROUND ONE: Ryu uses Gouken-ryu Ansatsuken while Jin uses Traditional Karate.

ROUND TWO: Now, Ryu uses Gotetsu-ryu Ansatsuken while Jin switches up to Mishima Karate and Kazama-style martial arts.

ROUND THREE: Evil Ryu and Devil Jin are unleashed in a battle to the finish.

shin_gear
As always I'll say Jin whoops on Ryu in every one of those cases.

Btw nice avatar, whatever that is.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by shin_gear

That's Haohmaru from the Samurai Shodown RPG.

HonkyTonkMan
Ryu has far more experience than Jin, Ryu grew up sparring with Ken most of his life and Ken alone can take out most of Tekkens competition without breaking a sweat.
In my opinion (The right opinion) Ryu nearly outdoes Jin in every attribute if not them all.

Speed: Ryu dodges a terrorists' bullets. Jin got shot in the head.
Technique: Ryu has kept to his good ol' Shotokan style where Jin can't make his damn mind up.
Strength: Neither have shown any sign of something special, draw.
Energy Blasts: Ryu by far.

Although both have been training since young, Jin only started his Families style of Karate at 15 when his mother was murdered by Ogre.
Ryu was adopted as a young child by Master Gouken, and begun training when he could stand.
Ryu wins.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by HonkyTonkMan
Technique: Ryu has kept to his good ol' Shotokan style where Jin can't make his damn mind up.

Ansatsuken. Shotkan Karate is something that Capcom USA whipped up.

Wait...you mean the guy that's flying around? That's Funky Dynamite from Ninja Gaiden 2.

shin_gear
Ryu has far more experience than Jin,That's a given. big grin

Ryu grew up sparring with Ken most of his life and Ken alone can take out most of Tekkens competition without breaking a sweat.
I would agree with you if you meant most of Tekken's low-tiers.

In my opinion (The right opinion) Ryu nearly outdoes Jin in every attribute if not them all.
I respect that. However keep in mind that Ryu's boulder feat is Ryu's highest strength feat if I'm not mistaken. People like Bryan Fury (who's between middle and high-tier in the Tekken series) can rip off a tank turret and toss it for hundreds of meters. Kazuya can toss a robot weighing hundreds of pounds very fast across a big room without breaking a sweat. Jin's stronger than both.

Speed: Ryu dodges a terrorists' bullets. Jin got shot in the head.
While being on the floor after getting mowed down by machine gun fire. A weakened Ryu got owned by two street thugs and bled. He would've died by the soldiers that shot Jin. Jin survived, kicked the soldiers' asses and then Heihachi's.

Jin has made up his mind. In addition he has different fighting styles he could use in combat. How does this help Ryu's case though?

Ryu's boulder feat is impressive. At first I was going to say that Jin hasn't shown any impressive strength feats until I just remembered him slamming heihachi through a thick wall of concrete. I agree that it's pretty much a draw.

Energy Blasts: Ryu by far.
This would go under technique by the way.

Although both have been training since young, Jin only started his Families style of Karate at 15 when his mother was murdered by Ogre.
Ryu was adopted as a young child by Master Gouken, and begun training when he could stand.
Pretty much.

Ryu wins.
I know it's your opinion. I have a different one..evil face

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Wait...you mean the guy that's flying around? That's Funky Dynamite from Ninja Gaiden 2.
No, I meant your avatar.

StyleTime
I respect that. However keep in mind that Ryu's boulder feat is Ryu's highest strength feat if I'm not mistaken. People like Bryan Fury (who's between middle and high-tier in the Tekken series) can rip off a tank turret and toss it for hundreds of meters. Kazuya can toss a robot weighing hundreds of pounds very fast across a big room without breaking a sweat. Jin's stronger than both.

Ryu's boulder feat is impressive. At first I was going to say that Jin hasn't shown any impressive strength feats until I just remembered him slamming heihachi through a thick wall of concrete. I agree that it's pretty much a draw.

Just because Jin is ranked higher doesn't mean is phsyically stronger.

Jin was powered up by the Devil Gene for that. Regular Jin is probably slightly weaker than Ryu.

shin_gear
Trust me, he's stronger if he could beat those guys since he doesn't outclass them in speed, or pretty much anything else. Bryan wasn't affected in the least by a tank shot, and yes, Jin would beat him without the Devil Gene.

Jin has shown to be able to destroy JACKs as well, as well as a very powerful 50 feet monster, and obviously since feats from the Alpha movie can be used, so can feats from Devil Within. That's more impressive than what Kazuya and Heihachi are capable of.

Snafu the Great
No, I meant your avatar.

Oh. Haohmaru from the Samurai Showdown RPG.

StyleTime
Trust me, he's stronger if he could beat those guys since he doesn't outclass them in speed, or pretty much anything else. Bryan wasn't affected in the least by a tank shot, and yes, Jin would beat him without the Devil Gene.

Jin has shown to be able to destroy JACKs as well, as well as a very powerful 50 feet monster, and obviously since feats from the Alpha movie can be used, so can feats from Devil Within. That's more impressive than what Kazuya and Heihachi are capable of.
He beat them because of the Devil Gene. He hasn't fought Bryan at all.

Maybe more impressive, but we're talking strictly strength. Beating Ogre isn't a strength feat.

shin_gear
Bryan never made it as far as they did because he's not in their league. It was against each other that they used the Devil Gene, not against anyone else.

I know we are. He overcame hordes of JACKs as his father and grandfather have. I'm sure it takes strength to do that. It takes a lot more strength to overcome a 50 foot ruin quaking monster.

Shin_Nikkolas
One can use Devil's power and the Devil Gene while remaining human. Heihachi sensed Devil in Jin according to the canon T3 Bio. More than likely it's because Jin was calling on its strength. Otherwise, it just took Hei 4 years to notice.

Sado22
ignoring the n00bish statement, Jin was training with his mother for 15 years, spent the next learning advanced mishima ryu and then two more years of kyokushin karate. that's 22 years of nothing but martial arts. don't undermime it...and we all know ryu is more experienced. its a given since he's 33 and jin is only 21.

that's cuz Jin was caught off guard. get your facts straight. and Jin was shot by MACHINE guns. it was while he was lying on the ground DYING did hachi shoot him in the face. what are you going on about?
I'd give speed to Jin. Check out his fluid step-ins if you have a problem agreeing.

is that supposed to mean something? get real man.
technique is with Jin because:
-he has good step-ins. Ryu doesn't.
-he has good counters. Ryu doesn't.
-he has reversals. Ryu doesn't.
-he has evasive tactics. Ryu doesn't.
-his movement is more fluid. Ryu doesn't.
-he has cool throws.
-he has three sets of martials arts that employ powerful uppercuts and step-ins (Mishima ryu), good defensive tactics and throws and fluid circular movements (kazama ryu) and powerful straight attacks and counters and dodges and parries (Kyokushin karate).

so who has technique now?

ryu picks up boulders AFTER training with Oro. What was his strength BEFORE that? Jin punched lili more that 20 feet away with something that wasn't even his strongest punch.
Power is with Jin.

...captain obvious aren't you?

no, he was training till the age of 15 and had to stop becuase his mother was killed. get your facts straight.

same with Jin.

I don't think so.

Jin defeats Ryu in the first two. Evil ryu and Devil Jin is something I'm not too sure about.

~Sado

Shin_Nikkolas
Because Ryu doesn't have a Devil Gene to save his ass?

You aare contraidcting yourself by saying "ignoring the n00bish statement" and then responding to it....

So, he was training in Kazama Karate from infancy?

You have no idea how many years he actually was taught the self-defense style of his mother's family.

Gotta love them game mechanics.

Lifting boulders > punching a dainty woman some feet.

shin_gear
Ryu has the Satsui no Hadou. He's never shown surviving and using it after getting mowed down by machine gun fire. That's an impressive feat Jin has, not Ryu.

And by n00bish statement, he meant the n00bish one, not the entire point he was addressing.

As for game mechanics, that's pretty much all Ryu has to support his speed. Not to mention DJ's speed > E. Ryu's speed. See T5 Intro.

Lifting "A" boulder is done by characters who aren't high-tiers in the Tekken series.

Sado22
no one is talking about devil gene, sherlock.

still sour about our last encounter? roll eyes (sarcastic)

do you? what we do know is that she trained Jin since he was old enough. that's what the point was. its not like ryu was training for his full 33 years either now is he?

that was when he trained with Oro. I'm talking before that. as in Ryu prior to training with Oro.

as for the rest of your not-so-smart comments, we really don't need to get into this again. save your smartass comments so that you don't get pwned by Lana yet again big grin

~Sado

shin_gear
Originally posted by Sado22
no one is talking about devil gene, sherlock.

still sour about our last encounter? roll eyes (sarcastic)

do you? what we do know is that she trained Jin since he was old enough. that's what the point was. its not like ryu was training for his full 33 years either now is he?

that was when he trained with Oro. I'm talking before that. as in Ryu prior to training with Oro.

as for the rest of your not-so-smart comments, we really don't need to get into this again. save your smartass comments so that you don't get pwned by Lana yet again big grin

~Sado

Sado22
hey gears, put this as your sig

shin_gear
LOL...I saw that at Fighters Generation. It's right next to the one in my sig.

And, no...maybe...idk. I may. I think this one is better.

Sado22
sad

Sado22
ryu'll oneshot the world with a shinkuufallonmyass mad

shin_gear
sad sad

ryu'll oneshot the world with a shinkuufallonmyass mad
You trying to act like me? 313

Shin_Nikkolas
Except Jin was DYING until the Devil Gene saved him. The Dark hadou is just the will to kill and banish your own personal feelings to try and get stronger and win. It's not a powerup that gives you laser beams, TK and allows you to survive things you couldn't normally. Devil has always manifested when the host has come close to dying or died outright.

Um...who has lifted a boulder in Tekken?

Uh, yean we were.
"He would've died by the soldiers that shot Jin. Jin survived, kicked the soldiers' asses and then Heihachi's."

Jin, who vanquished Ogre in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, was shot and mortally wounded by Heihachi. As his life slipped away, Jin transformed into a Devil.

So, maybe Ryu couldn't survive it but neither could Jin.

No. Long as you don't keep lying and I have to expose you againa nd again for it.

Fair enough.

Lana was upset at me because I flamed you for being a lying troll. Maybe I got anger issues but I got a little ticked when you flat out lied about what other members thought. It's very disrespectful in my mind.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Except Jin was DYING until the Devil Gene saved him. The Dark hadou is just the will to kill and banish your own personal feelings to try and get stronger and win. It's not a powerup that gives you laser beams, TK and allows you to survive things you couldn't normally. Devil has always manifested when the host has come close to dying or died outright.Is that even supposed to be a counter to what I said? confused

Also, the Dark Hadou/Satsui no Hadou, gives Ryu increased power, so what the hell are you talking about?

Um...who has lifted a boulder in Tekken?That was an indication that people who aren't high-tiers can do said capability. Ripping off a tank turret and tossing it as if it was a baseball takes more strength than it does to lift a boulder. Instead of lifting boulders, people like Paul, Feng Wei, and Kazuya can shatter boulders, trees, and heavy robots with their hands. Not bothering to mention Asuka's punching power. Roger Jr. can punch someone upwards through a roof and make him blink out of sight two seconds afterwards. That so beats the hell out of lifting a boulder or maybe even "sinking" an island. laughing

Uh, yean we were.
"He would've died by the soldiers that shot Jin. Jin survived, kicked the soldiers' asses and then Heihachi's."

Jin, who vanquished Ogre in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, was shot and mortally wounded by Heihachi. As his life slipped away, Jin transformed into a Devil.

So, maybe Ryu couldn't survive it but neither could Jin.Devil Jin has shown to survive it, and yes, he is a part of this thread. See first post. We're not going to say Evil Ryu can do it unless we see it. That's simply one feat that puts Devil Jin above Evil Ryu. That battle's been decided before in another thread though.

No. Long as you don't keep lying and I have to expose you againa nd again for it.

Fair enough.

Lana was upset at me because I flamed you for being a lying troll. Maybe I got anger issues but I got a little ticked when you flat out lied about what other members thought. It's very disrespectful in my mind.
haermm

Shin_Nikkolas
Yep. Since I totally proved your statement wrong. Ryu can't survive the bullets and NEITHER can Jin without the Devil Gene.

It's Ryu's power.

And you have no proof that Jin is physically stronger than Bryan. KTHX.

And none of those people, gaps, are Jin Kazama.

The OP made no mention of not allowing non-canon and wrong endings in so I guess I ca't disallow these stupid feats.

StyleTime
Bryan never made it as far as they did because he's not in their league. It was against each other that they used the Devil Gene, not against anyone else.

I know we are. He overcame hordes of JACKs as his father and grandfather have. I'm sure it takes strength to do that. It takes a lot more strength to overcome a 50 foot ruin quaking monster.
Most of Bryan's have been inconclusive. He hasn't had a legitimate shot at the top tier. Hell, in Tekken 4 he was near death. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bryan is only mid tier because of lack of opportunity.

Oh it takes strength. I'm saying that your assertion of greater strength isn't correct.

Blax_Hydralisk
How many god damn Ryu vs. Jin threads are we going to have?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461592&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456600&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425140&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421653&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398588&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358910&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

I mean, seriously? The originality here is at an all time low..

The first link I posted was only a month old.

shin_gear
Yep. Since I totally proved your statement wrong. Ryu can't survive the bullets and NEITHER can Jin without the Devil Gene.You only proved to me that you're an idiot for the twentieth time this month.

Show me where I said Jin survived it without the Devil Gene please.

It's Ryu's power.Wow..no expression

And you have no proof that Jin is physically stronger than Bryan. KTHX.Stated by the guy who's unable to prove Akuma became "vastly" stronger after sinking an island...laughing out loud

Jin's stronger than Bryan seeing as he can solo Devil Within. It takes more strength, durability, and skill to accomplish that than Bryan's feats in his ending, with the Devil Gene being used against Ogre only, by the way. I never ruled that out. Oh, and before you b*tch about DW being noncanonical, just be aware that it was never out of this discussion.

And none of those people, are Jin Kazama.Correct. They're below him as they aren't able to solo Devil Within. Well Kazuya...maybe.

The OP made no mention of not allowing non-canon and wrong endings in so I guess I ca't disallow these stupid feats. Call them stupid as you wish. It doesn't put them below the other feats I mentioned.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461592&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=456600&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425140&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421653&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398588&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358910&highlight=title%3A%28Ryu+vs+Jin%29
Holy friggin Christ...I forgot how rabid Street Fighter fanboyism was back then. laughing

Sado22
fine by me, nik...the only problem is no one sees it that way...besides you of course.

well this isn't a comicbook and last time i checked your name wasn't Wolverine or Spawn. I don't care about your anger issues. all that matters is you make sense, offer a decent rebuttal and keep emotions clear. otherwise don't be surprised if Lana bands you.
and no need to bring the previous thread. i've got nothing against you. i just come here to have fun, debate a bit and learn more about games than i already do.....and spread the wisdom around.

~Sado

Shin_Nikkolas
He's only developed new techniques and become capable of splitting Ayers' Rock instead of just an island....

But of course, to you, that's not vast improvement.

As for Devil Within...we'll see come Tekken 6.

Sado22
laughing

shin_gear
It ain't funny, bub!

Sado22
I am the best at what i post
and what i post isn't very nice

~The Berserker Rage induced Sado-sama

shin_gear
Oh PUH-LEASE gtfo

Sado22
*tears shinqueer in half with Bersreker barrage!*

~Sado

shin_gear
I'mInOnePieceThankYouVeryMuch

Sol Valentine
I'm back, and I see blood everywhere?

Blax_Hydralisk
God Wolverine is such a noob character in MvC.

Being spammed with "BERSERKER BARRAGE! BERSERKER BARRAGE!" for ten minutes is no fun.

Sol Valentine
LOL.

Superboy Prime
I don't know about Jin being stronger than Kazuya. Going by feats alone Byran is the strongest Tekken fighter ever. Kazuya also has that nice Jack feat--and I'd like to add that 1 of the Jacks flew several meters and smashed through a wall because of the force Kazuya hit it with. So far Jin has no strength feats that I am aware of. Simply beating Kazuya 1 time does not make him stronger. Does it mean he is better &/or more powerful? That was probably Namco's intention, but strength is not the only deciding factor especially when 2 combatants are close like Kazuya and Jin.

That is all I wanted to say.

Violent2Dope
I am the best at what i post
and what i post isn't very nice

~The Berserker Rage induced Sado-sama No, my posts when I want them to be are by far the most hurtful.evil face And just so you all know, Sado flamed Nik first in that thread.

Sol Valentine
LOl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.