Who had the better showing against World War Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clobberin Time!
This should settle this once and for all. Who had the better showing Colossus or Thing?

Symmetric Chaos
Thing by far.

And by the way . . . once and for all? shocklaugh

King_Mungi
I havn't seen the Thing fight, did it happen in Frontline?

Also apprently Strong Guy had an excellent showing against WWH.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I havn't seen the Thing fight, did it happen in Frontline?

Happened in the WWH comics.

It wasn't much of a fight. Hulk took a couple hit and looked pretty roughed up and beat him down.

Also apprently Strong Guy had an excellent showing against WWH.

It lasted 2 punches and ended with a comment about his heart condition.

Clobberin Time!
Colossus was taken down in like two panels and had two broken arms. laughing

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It wasn't much of a fight. Hulk took a couple hit and looked pretty roughed up and beat him down.

It lasted 2 punches and ended with a comment about his heart condition.

Well most of WWH fights have lasted just a few punches stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Well most of WWH fights have lasted just a few punches stick out tongue

No this was literally Hulk hits him. He hits back. Someone yells "you'll die if you get hit again". SG walks away.

no expression

King_Mungi
No this was literally Hulk hits him. He hits back. Someone yells "you'll die if you get hit again". SG walks away.

no expression

Then why did someone tell me SG had a better showing then Colossus did against WWH? Bah!

I really don't want to read this series, as I picked up the first few issues and thought it was meh!

Symmetric Chaos
Then why did someone tell me SG had a better showing then Colossus did against WWH? Bah!

Maybe because Colossus got his hands bent backward and StrongGuy's punch was more impressive looking thanks to the hit he'd just absorbed.

Clobberin Time!
Maybe because Colossus got his hands bent backward and StrongGuy's punch was more impressive looking thanks to the hit he'd just absorbed. Yea Colossus got his arms bent back like a chump. SG didn't look very good though imo. He almost had a hear attack after one hit.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Clobberin Time!
Yea Colossus got his arms bent back like a chump. SG didn't look very good though imo. He almost had a hear attack after one hit.

Thats a result of his heart problems being tied to his powers or something like that. Nearly overloading him in one punch is a good feat for Hulk not technically a bad one for StrongGuy.

Battlehammer
thing dident look that much better if at all. colossus came back and fought hulk like what three times. thing last all of three pannels.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
thing dident look that much better if at all. colossus came back and fought hulk like what three times. thing last all of three pannels. I agree. Thing was down after Hulk landed his first shot and was glad his fight was over.

Colossus took a few shots and was shown to be slugging it out with Hulk atleast 5 panels. Plus Colossus gained verbal respect from Hulk in the midst of battle. Then after Hulk bent his arms he was still ready to fight to where Ben was glad his fight was over.

I'd say they were pretty close. Thing may have done more damage but Colossus lasted alot longer.

Kurash
collosus lasted so long because WWH was fightin multiple people. He'd throw colossus off, collosus would run back repeat. Finally WWH got fed up and whipped his ass. If by verbal respect you mean hulk saying colossus was no match for him then yes that happened. Thing had a better showing, he got several solid hits on the hulk and wasnt even technically knocked out by the hulk, he was just on his knees. For all we know he was ready to get back up and clobber some more

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Kurash
collosus lasted so long because WWH was fightin multiple people. He'd throw colossus off, collosus would run back repeat. Finally WWH got fed up and whipped his ass. If by verbal respect you mean hulk saying colossus was no match for him then yes that happened. Thing had a better showing, he got several solid hits on the hulk and wasnt even technically knocked out by the hulk, he was just on his knees. For all we know he was ready to get back up and clobber some more

Without question you are correct Kurash, WWH was fighting the entire X-man team at once so there were many more panels involved and that is the only reason that Colossus was around in the fight any longer than Ben. And Ben definitely did cause more damage than Colossus did, and it's not even remotely close there. And I also don't think that Ben was done being able to fight back, it just so happened that Reed and his SENRTY-lite machine was being tried and Ben stopped fighting WWH to allow Reed to try and use his gizmo on him. As Ben gives Reed shit for taking so long to put it together. Ben was IMO far from done. He would in the end lose to WWH like everyone else had but he wasn't done atm. And WWH didn't have say anything to Ben about "Maybe you could have been able to fight me before but... Cause Ben's already Ben ( big grin ) there done that many, many times and he's at times fought The HULK for hours and has also even beaten him a small handful of times to boot.

Bottom-line Ben's showing was head and shoulders better than Mr. Broken arms Colossus was.

wink

Alfheim
Hurray for Thing!

Kurash
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Without question you are correct Kurash, WWH was fighting the entire X-man team at once so there were many more panels involved and that is the only reason that Colossus was around in the fight any longer than Ben. And Ben definitely did cause more damage than Colossus did, and it's not even remotely close there. And I also don't think that Ben was done being able to fight back, it just so happened that Reed and his SENRTY-lite machine was being tried and Ben stopped fighting WWH to allow Reed to try and use his gizmo on him. As Ben gives Reed shit for taking so long to put it together. Ben was IMO far from done. He would in the end lose to WWH like everyone else had but he wasn't done atm. And WWH didn't have say anything to Ben about "Maybe you could have been able to fight me before but... Cause Ben's already Ben ( big grin ) there done that many, many times and he's at times fought The HULK for hours and has also even beaten him a small handful of times to boot.

Bottom-line Ben's showing was head and shoulders better than Mr. Broken arms Colossus was.

wink

well spoken

Battlehammer
really.........yet ddient ben go down from a single punch and wanted no more fight.........while colossus got his arms broken and was still ready to fight

Tony Stark
really.........yet ddient ben go down from a single punch and wanted no more fight.........while colossus got his arms broken and was still ready to fight

confused

No...He went to a knee from a double sledgehammer to both sides of his head over his ears (he actually does have them) I'm not sure if your aware of how badly that would throw you equilibrium off but, it would not only hurt like hell but you would also be feeling a vertigo like effect too. And you never heard Ben pull a DS and ask for quarter from WWH... It would never happen. Colossus knew that Prof X wasn't going to allow his children to be sacrificed any further, so it was just posturing by Colossus... If you look closely you can see WWH smirk while looking at Colossus standing in front of him.

evil face

Creshosk
Collossus, he took more hits.

Kid Kurdy
Colossus knew that Prof X wasn't going to allow his children to be sacrificed any further, so it was just posturing by Colossus...
Colossus isn't the posturing kind.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Colossus isn't the posturing kind.

I'm not so sure it sure looks like to me that he was posturing that he had 2 broken arms... rolling on floor laughing

snoopdogg
really.........yet ddient ben go down from a single punch and wanted no more fight.........while colossus got his arms broken and was still ready to fight Good points there. Ben was ready to quit after one blow. Colossus took several blows and kept getting back up and after Hulk bent his arms he was not ready to give up.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Good points there. Ben was ready to quit after one blow. Colossus took several blows and kept getting back up and after Hulk bent his arms he was not ready to give up.
yup so much for ben having so much heart lol

Battlehammer
confused

No...He went to a knee from a double sledgehammer to both sides of his head over his ears (he actually does have them) I'm not sure if your aware of how badly that would throw you equilibrium off but, it would not only hurt like hell but you would also be feeling a vertigo like effect too. And you never heard Ben pull a DS and ask for quarter from WWH... It would never happen. Colossus knew that Prof X wasn't going to allow his children to be sacrificed any further, so it was just posturing by Colossus... If you look closely you can see WWH smirk while looking at Colossus standing in front of him.

evil face

if you believe the crap that you just said then your an ignorant person.

Tony Stark
Good points there. Ben was ready to quit after one blow. Colossus took several blows and kept getting back up and after Hulk bent his arms he was not ready to give up.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Can you give me the quote from Ben that says to you that he wanted to quit please.

confused

Evil_Ash

Well, his name is Tony Stark.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Well, his name is Tony Stark. haermm

Battlehammer
true lol

Soljer
Colossus.

Tony Stark

Or someone that actually read the comic... And who's views aren't tainted by X-men colored glasses. Which part of my post isn't right? My Ooooo so powerful and intelligent meatpuppet of a poster.

Or do you need to ask an X-friend who's read it for themselves for an objective and non bias view.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Well, his name is Tony Stark.

Tony Stark is an Elitist maybe... But ignorant never.

Creshosk
Ben took that double chop to the ears and went down, he didn't say that he was ready to give up.. of course he didn't have to. after his talk to the warbound he was out... unlike collosus who took multiple hits and wound up getting his arms broken and still wasn't ready to give up...

Priest
Just to make some things clear, the xmen fights the hulk had takes place before the NYC fights. This means the Hulk was more stronger and angrier when he fought the avengers and the Fantastic Four.
Hulk used the Xmen as a warm up smile

Battlehammer
Or someone that actually read the comic... And who's views aren't tainted by X-men colored glasses. Which part of my post isn't right? My Ooooo so powerful and intelligent meatpuppet of a poster.

Or do you need to ask an X-friend who's read it for themselves for an objective and non bias view.
untainted..........dude your one of the msot bias memebers of the board.

Your whole post is not right.

oh and by the way I like thing more then colossus. I actaulyl originally believe thing would beat colossus, but once I viewed all there abilties I realized colossus is simply better.

oh and colossus did jsut as well if not better then thing did.

Tony Stark
untainted..........dude your one of the msot bias memebers of the board.

Your whole post is not right.

oh and by the way I like thing more then colossus. I actaulyl originally believe thing would beat colossus, but once I viewed all there abilties I realized colossus is simply better.

oh and colossus did jsut as well if not better then thing did.

Actually I believe that it is you that falls into the one of the most bias posters on this site... I just look at the facts of the situation and the character along with what actually happened in the comics and give a completely objective interpretation of what went down... shifty

We all have our favorites... and we all can bend more so towards them, it's knowing when to stop bending is where I see most fanboys being overzealous in their posts toward said characters (you included)

And where were those abilities that you were comparing for The THING and Colossus that swayed your vote towards the tin man anyway, I'd like to do some comparing myself maybe I'm wrong.

FTW The THING 8/10 over Colossus.

Battlehammer
Actually I believe that it is you that falls into the one of the most bias posters on this site... I just look at the facts of the situation and the character along with what actually happened in the comics and give a completely objective interpretation of what went down... shifty

We all have our favorites... and we all can bend more so towards them, it's knowing when to stop bending is where I see most fanboys being overzealous in their posts toward said characters (you included)

And where were those abilities that you were comparing for The THING and Colossus that swayed your vote towards the tin man anyway, I'd like to do some comparing myself maybe I'm wrong.

FTW The THING 8/10 over Colossus.
says the man who called PIS on thor beating Iron man...........

Lets see. will compare the two

colossus is stronger

colossus is faster combat wise

colossus is more agile

colossus is a more well rounded fighter

colossus is more durable

so please tell me how thing takes the majority........let alone 8/10........man your bias.

so

Kid Kurdy
But... but... but... Thing has heart ! Heart people !!

Shin_Nikkolas
As Jon already told you SNoop

Only KMC Colossus did better than Thing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
As Jon already told you SNoop

Only KMC Colossus did better than Thing. I find it hard to take Jons view on this matter when he NEVER says anything positive about Colossus. I swear the guy thinks Aunt May can take Colossus.

BUSTER1
why would Hulk think Thing could beat him. As Savage Hulk he always beat the Thing, one on one. The only true victory the Thing had over Hulk was when the Hulk was in his weaker Grey Hulk form and Ben was in the Pineapple Thing form-and this was in daylight, when sunlight weakened the Grey Hulk

Clobberin Time!
says the man who called PIS on thor beating Iron man...........

Lets see. will compare the two

colossus is stronger

colossus is faster combat wise

colossus is more agile

colossus is a more well rounded fighter

colossus is more durable

so please tell me how thing takes the majority........let alone 8/10........man your bias.

so How can you prove any of those things? Thing is above Piotr in all of those categories and then some.Originally posted by Creshosk
Ben took that double chop to the ears and went down, he didn't say that he was ready to give up.. of course he didn't have to. after his talk to the warbound he was out... unlike collosus who took multiple hits and wound up getting his arms broken and still wasn't ready to give up... I realize Colossus was shown fighting Hulk in alot of those panels, but Emma and Beast were there also. Granted, Hulk seemed to be focusing on Colossus and probably wasn't even feeling Beasts and Emmas punches. Thing is just so much more than Colossus it's not even close.

qqqqqqq
i thought ghost rider was doing fine until he chicken out

Battlehammer
How can you prove any of those things? Thing is above Piotr in all of those categories and then some.
what are you kidding me............

Ben strength level has always been udner class 100 unless he pinnable version.

Colossus has been stated as class 100 since he became an adult.

colossus has shown far greater durablity feats.

Colossus has shown far greater agility.

Hell when ahs thing ever shown any agility?

colossus has shown to be faster in combat

oh and by the way colossus is the betetr al around fighter.

How many weapons has thing mastered............none............colossus has bee skilled in the art of bo staff as well as sword play. he ahs also shown to know a number of martial arts including judo.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by qqqqqqq

Indeed, and Dr.Strange said he could potentially defeat Hulk as well.

Clobberin Time!
what are you kidding me............

Ben strength level has always been udner class 100 unless he pinnable version.

Colossus has been stated as class 100 since he became an adult.

colossus has shown far greater durablity feats.

Colossus has shown far greater agility.

Hell when ahs thing ever shown any agility?

colossus has shown to be faster in combat

oh and by the way colossus is the betetr al around fighter.

How many weapons has thing mastered............none............colossus has bee skilled in the art of bo staff as well as sword play. he ahs also shown to know a number of martial arts including judo. Bo staff? Sword fighting? That's funny.

BTW when has Colossus shown to be stronger, faster, more durable etc.? Thing fights guys like Wonderman, Namor, Hulk, and the likes. And where was it stated he became Class 100 as a adult?

Battlehammer
Bo staff? Sword fighting? That's funny.

BTW when has Colossus shown to be stronger, faster, more durable etc.? Thing fights guys like Wonderman, Namor, Hulk, and the likes. And where was it stated he became Class 100 as a adult?
Im glad you find it funny since it true.

yet thing always gets his ass kicked by those guys........

ulitmate up dated edition of the x-men guide.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by qqqqqqq

He didn't chicken out the once he released the Rider decided he had no reason to fight Hulk. The whole thing seemed kinda pointless really.

qqqqqqq
strange the hellfire didn't seem to affect hulk

Shin_Nikkolas
OH SNAP!

Someone still believes in Class 100 Colossus!

The Wrecker disagrees.

Battlehammer
...........................well the wrecker is a complete putzs........

Shin_Nikkolas
Indeed. But he also kicked Colossus' ass while power-sharing. Thing fought a full-power Wrecker.

Battlehammer
really prove it .

BUSTER1
i'v seen the comic where the Thing Fights and beats a fully powered Wrecker, on his own

Clobberin Time!
Indeed. But he also kicked Colossus' ass while power-sharing. Thing fought a full-power Wrecker. He did. Colossus is not in Things league.

Battlehammer
prove that colossus lsot to a non full powered wrecker.

also it funny how you say colossus is not in things league becuase your correct he above things league

Clobberin Time!
Thing beat Wrecker at full-power in FF #355. Colossus got beat by a powersharing Wrecker in Secret Wars #5 iirc. Granted it was a when Colossus had his back turned and I realize that.

Battlehammer
Thing beat Wrecker at full-power in FF #355. Colossus got beat by a powersharing Wrecker in Secret Wars #5 iirc. Granted it was a when Colossus had his back turned and I realize that.
so that means nothing.................

snoopdogg
Indeed. But he also kicked Colossus' ass while power-sharing. Thing fought a full-power Wrecker. If you talk about hitting somebody when they have their back to you while they are beating up some other guys I would not brag too much about that.

Remember powersharing Wrecker kayoed Hulk with a straight on shot.

snoopdogg
He did. Colossus is not in Things league. Colossus is in Things league easily. And a fight could go either way but I would lean towards the metal man. Cause in the end steel>>rock.

King_Mungi
If you talk about hitting somebody when they have their back to you while they are beating up some other guys I would not brag too much about that.

Indeed, it was a good feat for Colossus as he was fighting against the entire Wrecking Crew and Dr.Octupus and got one-shooted when his back was turned. Also like you mentioned Wrecker has ko'ed Hulk with one hit as well so it's not a showing of poor durability for Colossus, it's still a feat for Colossus

Also yes, Colossus is DEFINETLY in Thing's league.

Clobberin Time!
Colossus is in Things league easily. And a fight could go either way but I would lean towards the metal man. Cause in the end steel>>rock. Who has Colossus defeated that makes you think he's Bens league? I know he's close to Bens league but not quite there imo.

Clobberin Time!

Also yes, Colossus is DEFINETLY in Thing's league. I asked snoop this so I'll ask you. What puts Colossus in Things league besides his handbook rankings.

Kurash
colossus is in his league, but as i said before thing had the better showing. Thing was not ready to quit and never said anything close to that. I didnt know just because a character is on their knees means theyre done for the fight. I guess we should start a new option in versus fights, you can
a) get killed
b) get koed
c) BFRed
d) dropped to your knees (non-sexual way)

snoopdogg
Who has Colossus defeated that makes you think he's Bens league? I know he's close to Bens league but not quite there imo. I don't play this game anymore. You can check his respect thread for the info you seek.Originally posted by Kurash
colossus is in his league, but as i said before thing had the better showing. Thing was not ready to quit and never said anything close to that. I didnt know just because a character is on their knees means theyre done for the fight. I guess we should start a new option in versus fights, you can
a) get killed
b) get koed
c) BFRed
d) dropped to your knees (non-sexual way) Actually judging by Things comments after Hulk hit him once he was not ready to fight on as Colossus despite two bent arms was still ready for action.

Shin_Nikkolas
He was ready to keep fighting the way Ben was ready to keep fighting Champion.

snoopdogg
Things comments when he was on the ground tell another story. Colossus' comments tell yet another story.

Shin_Nikkolas
No. i was talking about this part of your quote.

And so I said he's ready for action the way Thing was ready for more against Champion.

snoopdogg
No. i was talking about this part of your quote.

And so I said he's ready for action the way Thing was ready for more against Champion. I don't recall Colossus quiting that match either. I remember the ref stopping it as he should have stopped Things fight, but I understand it was Things comic so they had to let him continue on. Thing spent 3 months in the hospital. He jaw was hanging off his head and he had broken limbs and the whole 9 yards.

Shin_Nikkolas
Again you miss the point I'm making.

Just because the character SAYS they can keep on fighting doesn't mean they realistically can. Standing up and saying you can doesn't mean crap. You're just a living punching bag and Colossus definitely wouldn't have been able to do anything more to Hulk.

He would have been "fighting" as much as Thing was with Champion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.