Spawn Ranking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369

norrinradd43
I always thought first age spawns energy projection was silver surfer level but that is where the similarities ended...he is very hard to gauge since he is a very unique character. I say exodus is a fair gaguing for first age spawn but how would his body react to being completely crushed...I t would have taken a ton of his power to rebuild himself fully. Also if somebody could slug it out with him for a while he would depleat himself...never really read spawn other than first age so i am not really sure where to put the other ages.

Kurash
god spawn>>>galactus

SpearofDestiny
The range of God Spawn's abilities are kind of ambigous. Remember his feats:

-created a New Earth
-closed the portals of Heaven and Hell
-wrecked Zera of the Seraphim
-punched off Thamuz' face
-destroyed and resurrected the human race
-killed the armies of heaven and hell
-opened the earth to swallow all rebel hellspawns

Now, remember that he is also the EQUAL of GOD and SATAN- Therefore he can also:

-created life: people, animals, angels, demons, his own creatures
-give power to others the way God and Satan would
-grant one immortality the way God granted Zera (remember, she cannot die, she was still alive despite being decapitated)
-created worlds/dimensions (heaven and hell are "world-dimensions" created by God and Satan)

Also remember that God Spawn is:

-invulnerable
-immortal
-has infinite energy, he even stated that a war between himself and God and Satan would be pointless because they would simply battle forever with no victory.

So YES, God Spawn is way above Galactus. Galactus can die, he can be destroyed through various means. The only way God Spawn can die or be destroyed is is the Mother of Creation- M.O.M. takes away the power she granted him.

Takion
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny

-created a New Earth

Now, remember that he is also the EQUAL of GOD and SATAN- Therefore he can also:

-grant one immortality the way God granted Zera (remember, she cannot die, she was still alive despite being decapitated)
-created worlds/dimensions (heaven and hell are "world-dimensions" created by God and Satan)

-invulnerable
-immortal
-has infinite energy, he even stated that a war between himself and God and Satan would be pointless because they would simply battle forever with no victory.

So YES, God Spawn is way above Galactus. Galactus can die, he can be destroyed through various means. The only way God Spawn can die or be destroyed is is the Mother of Creation- M.O.M. takes away the power she granted him.
I called him Man of miracles. shifty

I think those are placed perfectly id369. God Spawn Vs Scarlet Witch?

id369
Well if its CBR rules. God Spawn or would be fairly tough to gauge. The problem is, God Spawn lacks major powerful feats that (destructive wise) that place him along the likes as Galactus.

We have seen, lows and highs from Galactus. But transporting Galaxies, wrecking several solar systems in one shot. Those are feats God Spawn lacks, and really place a burden over feats. However its within reason for him to call forth armies from both Heaven and Hell and constantly resurrect them.

King of Hell is also interesting. If its CBR rules, and you place him under that power level, yet execpting all the other feats (prior to God Spawn events).

Spawn will be hard to put down - unless you be-head him with a holy weapon.
Magic (mid level showings compared to other dedicated Magicians)
Matter Transmutation (limited but useful)
Reality Adjustment (vary limited outside his realm)
Time Manipulation (time stopping feat)
Telepathy (not heavy in use, but much to work with you would be surprised at what level he has it).
And of course his Suit.

King of Hell Spawn is a Jack of all Trades with immense potential. But he only really stands out in his inability to stay dead.

@Takion - I am not sure how to judge or call a match with a reality warper of Crazy Scarlet Witch.

Bouboumaster
God Spawn = Thanos with the HOTU?

id369
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
God Spawn = Thanos with the HOTU?

I would say no.

But instead of me telling you why.
You can read the issues.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2431407/Spawn_161__DRW_.cbr.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/5978430/Spawn_162__2006___eclipse-DCP_.cbz
http://rapidshare.com/files/9669322/Spawn_163__2006___eclipse-DCP_.cbz

Space M ummy
A major logical flaw when discussing God Spawn that tends to come up is assuming that the abilities of "God" in Spawn's reality, DC, and 616 are all equal.

This is FAR from the case. Something like the full power of the Presence, the HOTU or the infinity gauntlet eclipses the abilities of "god" and "satan" shown in spawn by many, many orders of magnitude.

Takion
God Spawn only did last for two issues. I'm sure we'll see him again.

llagrok
Has god spawn done anything more impressive than Darkseid has?

First age - Cyclops, Ghost Rider and Damage

Second age - Havok, Ms Marvel, Blastaar.

Third age - Silver Surfer, Black Bolt and the Eradicator.

Fourth age - Skyfather at least, possibly Abstract.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by llagrok
Has god spawn done anything more impressive than Darkseid has?

First age - Cyclops, Ghost Rider and Damage

Second age - Havok, Ms Marvel, Blastaar.

Third age - Silver Surfer, Black Bolt and the Eradicator.

Fourth age - Skyfather at least, possibly Abstract.

Looks like fair ranking exept for...second and third ages are messed up. Ranks for second should be used at third and vise versa.

llagrok
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Looks like fair ranking exept for...second and third ages are messed up. Ranks for second should be used at third and vise versa.

Right, my bad.

SpearofDestiny
I already posted the feats of God Spawn. Take it or leave it, and decide for yourselves.

AS for God Spawn=Thanos w HOTI...no way. Not at all. Thanos w HOTI absorbed the Living Tribunal, he could most likely absorb God Spawn as well.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Takion
I called him Man of miracles. shifty

I think those are placed perfectly id369. God Spawn Vs Scarlet Witch?

Man of Miracles is just an avatar of the Mother of Creation. The Mother is both male and female, but God, Satan, and the rest of her children call her mother.

She is the boss. No if's, and's, or but's. Man of Miracles is just an avatar she used, just like the avatar of Kali, Keeper of the Greenworld, Jesus Christ, Gaia, and the angel who impregnated Wanda with the twins.

Takion
Unfortunately Illagork, your assuming that Spawn being second to Images God is on Par with a Sky father. Interesting. wacko

Space M ummy
Unfortunately Illagork, your assuming that Spawn being second to Images God is on Par with a Sky father. Interesting. wacko

From his feats and actions, this is about where he should be. There's nothing God Spawn can do that hasn't been done by Odin/Seth/Zeus or similar.

putting him at "abstract" levels is ridiculous, IMHO. For instance- take 616 Death. 616 Death is impossible to injure (not having a physical body), has cosmic power on galactus' level, can render anyone or anything not just immortal but completely unkillable as well, has access to the "well of all knowledge" making it essentially omnipotent (there's nothing the well doesn't know, past present or future) and even RESIDUE of death's power was sufficent to grant any wish at any time when marlo chandler had the "death wish". God Spawn is not this powerful.

Takion
Originally posted by Space M ummy
From his feats and actions, this is about where he should be. There's nothing God Spawn can do that hasn't been done by Odin/Seth/Zeus or similar.

putting him at "abstract" levels is ridiculous, IMHO. For instance- take 616 Death. 616 Death is impossible to injure (not having a physical body), has cosmic power on galactus' level, can render anyone or anything not just immortal but completely unkillable as well, has access to the "well of all knowledge" making it essentially omnipotent (there's nothing the well doesn't know, past present or future) and even RESIDUE of death's power was sufficent to grant any wish at any time when marlo chandler had the "death wish". God Spawn is not this powerful.
Was God Spawn not told to be right under M.O.M (God of Image level)? So I'm sure he's an abstract.

Space M ummy
Was God Spawn not told to be right under M.O.M (God of Image level)? So I'm sure he's an abstract.

Image has conflicting accounts of who is responsible for creation, depending on which book you read.

For instance, according to WildCATS continuity, SPARTAN ascended to Godhood at one point and rebirths the universe.

Spawn and M.O.M aren't mentioned at all. So referring to the entity that appears in Spawn as "the god of image" is erroneous.

And no, Spawn is not an abstract. Abstracts are immortal, unkillable concepts that are supreme within their assigned roles. Spawn's power clearly exists only by the will of another being and can be taken at any time. Spawn is so far below a 616 "abstract" as to be laughable. Eternity, Inifinty, Order, Chaos, etc would and could blink him out of existence.

Takion
Image has conflicting accounts of who is responsible for creation, depending on which book you read.

For instance, according to WildCATS continuity, SPARTAN ascended to Godhood at one point and rebirths the universe.

Spawn and M.O.M aren't mentioned at all. So referring to the entity that appears in Spawn as "the god of image" is erroneous.

And no, Spawn is not an abstract. Abstracts are immortal, unkillable concepts that are supreme within their assigned roles. Spawn's power clearly exists only by the will of another being and can be taken at any time. Spawn is so far below a 616 "abstract" as to be laughable. Eternity, Inifinty, Order, Chaos, etc would and could blink him out of existence.
Oh God, Spawn has references to other characters, like Savage Dragon.

Oh and for your second point.

-created a New Earth

-invulnerable
-immortal

Gecko4lif
OK here is how i see it

God spawn > Lt in the flowing ways

Lt is supposed to be the hearld of the writers power in the comic world
But God spawn is more like a REAL pencil
No matter how much power you give the comic it is still a comic and as such cannot harm the pencil
But the pencil on the other hand........

Space M ummy
Oh God, Spawn has references to other characters, like Savage Dragon.

Oh and for your second point.

Image books frequently had references to other characters, but as time went on the events that occurred within the different studios (top cow, wildstorm, etc) became increasingly separate.

The world shaking events that took place in Stormwatch or the Authority for instance weren't noticed at all in Spawn's continuity. And again, you ignore that per Wildstorm Canon, Spartan became "god" and restarted creation. that CLEARLY conflicts with the events that happened within Spawn. The two are obviously separate and there's never been an established "god" of image.

The "God" of spawn has only ever been referenced or referred to within Spawn's own book, and flat out ignored by the rest of image.

As for the rest of your logic, it's flawed.

none of spawn's feats are anything that hasn't been done by Skyfathers, much less Galactus.

Assuming Spawn has "infinite power" because a war would go on forever is erroneous also. All that means is that the combatants are all equally matched and don't age. If Spawn fought Zeus the exact same thing would happen, as Zeus is truly immortal with "infinite" cosmic power.

Skyfathers also create their own universes all the time. Mephisto has one. Zeus created Olympus. Odin created Asgard. The Vishanti have three separate ones. FRANKLIN RICHARDS made his own pocket universe complete with living sentient beings, and he was just a kid.
Spawn is not that powerful.

Galactus' powers include the nullifier. His power has destroyed and recreated tens of thousands of universes simultaneously. He's been shown to be able to flat out absorb entire dimensions if he chooses to- He successfully used this thread to bend mephisto to his will. Mephisto, who is supposedly supreme and unkillable within his own hell/realm. Spawn is nowhere NEAR this level.

Takion
Image books frequently had references to other characters, but as time went on the events that occurred within the different studios (top cow, wildstorm, etc) became increasingly separate.

The world shaking events that took place in Stormwatch or the Authority for instance weren't noticed at all in Spawn's continuity. And again, you ignore that per Wildstorm Canon, Spartan became "god" and restarted creation. that CLEARLY conflicts with the events that happened within Spawn. The two are obviously separate and there's never been an established "god" of image.

The "God" of spawn has only ever been referenced or referred to within Spawn's own book, and flat out ignored by the rest of image.

As for the rest of your logic, it's flawed.

none of spawn's feats are anything that hasn't been done by Skyfathers, much less Galactus.

Assuming Spawn has "infinite power" because a war would go on forever is erroneous also. All that means is that the combatants are all equally matched and don't age. If Spawn fought Zeus the exact same thing would happen, as Zeus is truly immortal with "infinite" cosmic power.

Skyfathers also create their own universes all the time. Mephisto has one. Zeus created Olympus. Odin created Asgard. The Vishanti have three separate ones. FRANKLIN RICHARDS made his own pocket universe complete with living sentient beings, and he was just a kid.
Spawn is not that powerful.

Galactus' powers include the nullifier. His power has destroyed and recreated tens of thousands of universes simultaneously. He's been shown to be able to flat out absorb entire dimensions if he chooses to- He successfully used this thread to bend mephisto to his will. Mephisto, who is supposedly supreme and unkillable within his own hell/realm. Spawn is nowhere NEAR this level.
I ask you? Has God Spawn ever been over thrown. The guy defeated beings who were thought to be unkillable.

I said it before, God Spawn is Galactus level. Because Spawn is also set to end at 200, you will see him about 190-200 again. In that Wth would McFarlane make his most loved creation sky father level?

Space M ummy
I ask you? Has God Spawn ever been over thrown. The guy defeated beings who were thought to be unkillable.

I said it before, God Spawn is Galactus level. Because Spawn is also set to end at 200, you will see him about 190-200 again. In that Wth would McFarlane make his most loved creation sky father level?

God spawn was around for 2 issues. Superman Prime has never been beaten or overthrown either, but that doesn't mean he's on the level of Galactus.

God spawn has no feats that put him anywhere close to Galactus. Galactus has run roughshod over the marvel universe for millions of years in a ship the size of a solar system, devouring entire planets at will.

The combined forces of heaven and hell's army couldn't even SCRATCH Galactus laughing laughing

Again, Galactus has destroyed and recreated ten thousand universes at once. Show me ANY feat by ANY spawn that comes close to this.

At BEST his feats are on Odin or Zeus' levels. The feats of Abstracts, cube beings, and galactus are far, far beyond him. Keep in mind that celestials created Eternals, Inhumans, and Deviants of earth, and they aren't abstracts either.

all you have is baseless speculation, with no facts to back it up. If Galactus came to spawn's earth to devour it, what exactly would spawn do to stop him? Galactus reduced IMMORTAL hercules to protoplasm just by saying so. Olympians, in case you didn't know, are also "truly immortal."

Takion
God spawn was around for 2 issues. Superman Prime has never been beaten or overthrown either, but that doesn't mean he's on the level of Galactus.

God spawn has no feats that put him anywhere close to Galactus. Galactus has run roughshod over the marvel universe for millions of years in a ship the size of a solar system, devouring entire planets at will.

The combined forces of heaven and hell's army couldn't even SCRATCH Galactus laughing laughing

Again, Galactus has destroyed and recreated ten thousand universes at once. Show me ANY feat by ANY spawn that comes close to this.

At BEST his feats are on Odin or Zeus' levels. The feats of Abstracts, cube beings, and galactus are far, far beyond him.

all you have is baseless speculation, with no facts to back it up. If Galactus came to spawn's earth to devour it, what exactly would spawn do to stop him?
Have you read Spawn 162-164?

Space M ummy
Have you read Spawn 162-164?

Can't say I have. I got bored with Spawn around #100. Have you read anything OTHER than spawn? it doesn't sound like you have. If you have any scans of Spawn pulling off galactus level feats like moving galaxies, turning mortals into superhumans, devouring entire dimensions, eliminating the concept of death entirely from the universe, or recreating ten thousand universes from scratch though, I'd love to see them and freely admit I was wrong.

edit: I just went and did some checking- the marvel universe apparently now includes worlds up to and including Earth #105,709 so you might as well make that "destroyed and recreated a hundred thousand universes from scratch." thanks. smile

Takion
Can't say I have. I got bored with Spawn around #100. Have you read anything OTHER than spawn? it doesn't sound like you have. If you have any scans of Spawn pulling off galactus level feats like moving galaxies, turning mortals into superhumans, devouring entire dimensions, eliminating the concept of death entirely from the universe, or recreating ten thousand universes from scratch though, I'd love to see them and freely admit I was wrong.
It got really interesting after 150

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t384411.html

Space M ummy
It got really interesting after 150

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t384411.html

I've seen the thread before. There's really nothing there that's on galactus or abstract level.

Skyfather? possibly. Abstract/Cube Being/Celestial/Galactus? Hell no.

Takion
I've seen the thread before. There's really nothing there that's on galactus or abstract level.

Skyfather? possibly. Abstract/Cube Being/Celestial/Galactus? Hell no.
How can you say you seen it, and say you didn't read 162-164?

Space M ummy
How can you say you seen it, and say you didn't read 162-164?

because seeing a thread and reading an issue are not the same thing?

Takion
because seeing a thread and reading an issue are not the same thing?
All the issues are in there. no expression

Space M ummy
All the issues are in there. no expression

and I chose not to read them- as I said I got tired of spawn a long time ago. If there's something appropriate within those issues that puts spawn on the level of galactus, post the scan.

Takion
and I chose not to read them- as I said I got tired of spawn a long time ago. If there's something appropriate within those issues that puts spawn on the level of galactus, post the scan.
So your debating despite the fact you haven't read them?

Space M ummy
So your debating despite the fact you haven't read them?

I wasn't aware that debating required having read every comic ever made. Have you read every galactus story ever printed? Somehow I doubt it.

yet you continue to debate. hmm.

Simply put, if there's a feat there that puts spawn on an abstract tier, feel free to post it and stop stalling. If not, concede the point.

Takion
I wasn't aware that debating required having read every comic ever made. Have you read every galactus story ever printed? Somehow I doubt it.

Simply put, if there's a feat there that puts spawn on an abstract tier, feel free to post it and stop stalling. If not, concede the point.
I do read the respect threads. I never said you had to read all the comics. I only told you to read 162-164, and what you do. You said:

ID369 provided a link in that thread to download those comics. I don't want to I have the comic books.

Space M ummy
I do read the respect threads. I never said you had to read all the comics. I only told you to read 162-164, and what you do. You said:

ID369 provided a link in that thread to download those comics. I don't want to I have the comic books.

Hm. well unfortunately I'm not a fan of downloading comics either (I'm old school, what can I say. I also don't pirate CDs) so tell you what.

why don't you DESCRIBE the events that occur in 162-164, rather than have me running around looking for something that most likely does not exist.

Takion
Hm. well unfortunately I'm not a fan of downloading comics either (I'm old school, what can I say. I also don't pirate CDs) so tell you what.

why don't you DESCRIBE the events that occur in 162-164, rather than have me running around looking for something that most likely does not exist.

-created a New Earth

-invulnerable
-immortal

And more. ID369 described each happening.

Space M ummy
And more. ID369 described each happening.

That's the thing: none of those feats are on galactus level. At best they're high end skyfather feats.

Odin/Zeus/Seth have done all of that and more.

Edit: ok, to put things in perspective- here are Odin's feats from the respect thread. Odin is <<<<<<<<< Galactus, by the way.

For the record, Odin has-

*Brought an entire race back to life (thor #157)
*Shattered galaxies during his fight with seth (journey into mystery #517)
*Defeated his "dark side", which was tapped into the power of Infinity (yes, the abstract infinity) at the time (Thor #185-188)
*Killed Hela (norse god of the dead) and then revived her
*Transported the entire population of earth into another dimension after loaning some of his power to loki (journey into mystery #104)
*Defeated and ABSORBED Surtur
*Engaged in a galaxy wide battle with Forsung the Enchanter that created new suns in the process (Thor 145-146)
*Owns a Loki Powered Destroyer effortlessly ( Thor annual #2)
*Moves the dimension of asgard from it's time and place in reality (Thor #196)
*Turns a mortal into a God at will (Thor #136)
*Creates Stars and Planets from nothing (scan in the respect thread, but not the issue)

There's no end to this kind of stuff. And that's just Odin. Odin's power is less than nothing to abstracts and celestials.

Again, Galactus can destroy and recreate EVERYTHING THAT IS in the blink of an eye. The nullifier has even eliminated death entirely as a concept in Earth X. Spawn is not on that level.

Takion

SpearofDestiny
The Man of Miracles is just an avatar for the Mother of Creation. That's like referring to her as Kali, Keeper of Greenworld, or Jesus Christ. Man of Miracles is not her core identity.

Takion
The Man of Miracles is just an avatar for the Mother of Creation. That's like referring to her as Kali, Keeper of Greenworld, or Jesus Christ. Man of Miracles is not her core identity.
Your finally back.

Space M ummy

Takion

id369
I just want to point out that.
Image, Wildstorm, and Topcow are completely separate companies. And even within Image, it seems that each comic book, acts out in its own continuality.

However, Spawn comic book takes place in a Multiverse.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by id369
I just want to point out that.
Image, Wildstorm, and Topcow are completely separate companies. And even within Image, it seems that each comic book, acts out in its own continuality.

However, Spawn comic book takes place in a Multiverse.

thumb up

You really know your shit ! I am glad to see that !

Space Mummy, you make great points. However, keep one thing in mind: God Spawn is immortal, invulnerable, and infinite in enery/endurance. That is not boast, but fact.

That is why a war between himself, God, and Satan is pointless. They would fight for all eternity with no victor.

Only M.O.M. can alter, defeat, or recreate them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.