Zoom vs Mighty Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Erik-Lensherr
Who takes it ?

llagrok
Spite.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by llagrok
Spite.

?

llagrok
Zoom can punch people over a hundred times in a second and he can punch harder than Superman. What does MA have against him?

Wally West
Sentry?

llagrok
I honestly don't think Sentry would make much of a difference :/

Erik-Lensherr
Zoom can punch people over a hundred times in a second and he can punch harder than Superman. What does MA have against him?

Perhaps some think Sentry might be able to hold his own or beat him .

Wally West
Zoom's durability is questionable, Sentry, Ms Marvel, Ironman, Wonder Man and Ares are all strong enough to KO him with a punch or two, and all of those I just mentioned have a degree of superspeed as well. Hasn't Sentry flown to the sun and back in minutes? He seems pretty fast, he could probably land a hit on Zoom eventually. Has anyone knocked Sentry out using just physical force to date?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Wally West
Zoom's durability is questionable, Sentry, Ms Marvel, Ironman, Wonder Man and Ares are all strong enough to KO him with a punch or two, and all of those I just mentioned have a degree of superspeed as well. Hasn't Sentry flown to the sun and back in minutes? He seems pretty fast, he could probably land a hit on Zoom eventually. Has anyone knocked Sentry out using just physical force to date?
They dont have the superspeed to hit a zoom who is actually serious about fighting,no ones knocked sentry out I dont think but ultron who hits a hell of alot weaker then zoom can was starting to do a number on sentry.

Wally West
Zoom has been hit plenty of times by people slower than him, if Sentry can go anywhere near lightspeed I think he has a shot at tagging him, and if Sentry can just keep Zoom occupied for even a small ammount of time it gives the rest of the Avengers the chance to think up a plan.

vlaaad12345
Zoom has been hit plenty of times by people slower than him, if Sentry can go anywhere near lightspeed I think he has a shot at tagging him, and if Sentry can just keep Zoom occupied for even a small ammount of time it gives the rest of the Avengers the chance to think up a plan.
Zoom just like superman and flash get hit by things slower then them because of pis which doesnt exist in this versus forum,zoom will never get tagged and can one shot like half the team.

Wally West
Well if you refuse to believe its possible for Zoom to get hit theres really no point in debating this. It doesn't matter if he could one-shot half of them, he couldn't one-shot Sentry, and he is the important member of the Avengers for this fight.

vlaaad12345
Well if you refuse to believe its possible for Zoom to get hit theres really no point in debating this. It doesn't matter if he could one-shot half of them, he couldn't one-shot Sentry, and he is the important member of the Avengers for this fight.
I dont refuse to believe he cant be hit by anyone,but outside of pis sentry is about the only one who stands a chance at hitting him,the rest of the team would get takin out preety quickly leaving us with sentry who would eventually go down against superman level punches.

Symmetric Chaos
Zoom

Just about effortlessly. He's managed to blitz multiple people with high levels of SuperSpeed on several ocassions.

tkitna
Sentry mindrapes him

Scoobless
Ares managed to embarrass Mercury with almost no effort, it's conceivable that he could land at least one hit on Zoom.

Sundipped
Zoom slows time relative to himself. Technically no 1 should be able to touch him. Not even Sentry.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry mindrapes him
Sentry hasnt mind rapped a single person in a fight its not going to start now,and tagging mercury does not come close to tagging a no pis zoom who would take ares out in likely one punch.

llagrok
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ares managed to embarrass Mercury with almost no effort, it's conceivable that he could land at least one hit on Zoom.

Hulk sidestepped Ares' attacks.

These guys have no shot at beating Zoom, period.

Alfheim
Hulk sidestepped Ares' attacks.

These guys have no shot at beating Zoom, period.

I dunno man I guess that ABC logic. That still doesnt change the fcat he should be able to hit Zoom if he can have a good showing against Mercury.

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
and tagging mercury does not come close to tagging a no pis zoom who would take ares out in likely one punch.

How do you know have you compared speeds?

llagrok
No, not at all.

Zoom =/= Mercury

Alfheim
No, not at all.

Zoom =/= Mercury

Ok how do you know Zoom is faster?

llagrok
and for a second I wondered why you were on my ignore list.

Alfheim
and for a second I wondered why you were on my ignore list.

.......Gonna answer the question?

llagrok
Zoom doesn't really have superspeed :/

Maybe you want to read up on him.

But yes, I do believe that he is harder to catch than Mercury.

Alfheim
Zoom doesn't really have superspeed :/

Maybe you want to read up on him.

yes I know his speed is relative but Mercury and Zoom have never fought before so we dont know wether Mercury could counter him. WE just know that Mercury is god damn fast.

llagrok
Mercury can't even surpass lightspeed no expression

Alfheim
Mercury can't even surpass lightspeed no expression

thats what it says in his bio.....Caps bio says that his maximum lifting strength is 800lbs. Things bio has stated that his maximum strength is 85 tons.

It was stated in Quicksilvers bio that his maxiumum speed was 175 mph....all wrong. Bios are notorioulsy inaccurate.

Estacado
Originally posted by Alfheim
yes I know his speed is relative but Mercury and Zoom have never fought before so we dont know wether Mercury could counter him. WE just know that Mercury is god damn fast.
no expression
Double amped Wally couldn't match Zoom's speed....

Alfheim
Originally posted by Estacado
no expression
Double amped Wally couldn't match Zoom's speed....

....Ok but at the end of the day we dont know what Mercurys maximum speed is. It maybe just under the speed of light but since bios tend to get stuff wrong maybe hes alot faster.

vlaaad12345
....Ok but at the end of the day we dont know what Mercurys maximum speed is. It maybe just under the speed of light but since bios tend to get stuff wrong maybe hes alot faster.
well until it shows hes alot faster hes not,zoom was faster then wally diana and superman hes not going to have a problem being faster then anyone here.

llagrok
At the end of the day, we know that Mercury can't surpass lightspeed.

Alfheim
well until it shows hes alot faster hes not,zoom was faster then wally diana and superman hes not going to have a problem being faster then anyone here.

I think Zoom most likely wins but until you have some sort of crossover where we can compare Mercurys speed we dont know for sure.

At the end of the day, we know that Mercury can't surpass lightspeed.

thats what it says in his bio.....Caps bio says that his maximum lifting strength is 800lbs. Things bio has stated that his maximum strength is 85 tons.

It was stated in Quicksilvers bio that his maxiumum speed was 175 mph....all wrong. Bios are notorioulsy inaccurate.

llagrok
So I assume you have a scan to contradict the bio statement?

Alfheim
So I assume you have a scan to contradict the bio statement?

No I dont but due to the track record of bios being frequently wrong we can take it with a pinch of salt.

vlaaad12345
I think Zoom most likely wins but until you have some sort of crossover where we can compare Mercurys speed we dont know for sure.
dont need a crossover I can say zoom is faster because fact is mercury hasnt shown beyond lightspeed like wally or superman and zoom was easily faster then both,no one outside of sentry has any chance of hitting a no pis zoom and he can take preety much every person there out in one hit with his superman level punches.

llagrok
Yeah, Alfheim your logic is impeccable dur

Since Ares was able to tag someone who's far slower than Zoom, and has no other feats to back that up, we have to automatically assume that the Avengers win.

Alfheim
dont need a crossover I can say zoom is faster because fact is mercury hasnt shown beyond lightspeed like wally or superman and zoom was easily faster then both,no one outside of sentry has any chance of hitting a no pis zoom and he can take preety much every person there out in one hit with his superman level punches.

thats probably because he hasnt had enough showings. If he had his own comic series he probably would have showings that surpasses lightspeed. Marvel bios always get strength levels and speeds wrong they are always tend to be less then their feats in the comics.

vlaaad12345
thats probably because he hasnt had enough showings. If he had his own comic series he probably would have showings that surpasses lightspeed. Marvel bios always get strength levels and speeds wrong they are always tend to be less then their feats in the comics.
Well thats just to bad we go by what has actually been done not what could be done and mercury hasnt shown speed formula+speed force wally speed while zoom has.

Alfheim
Yeah, Alfheim your logic is impeccable dur

Since Ares was able to tag someone who's far slower than Zoom,

Which we havent proved.

and has no other feats to back that up, we have to automatically assume that the Avengers win.

Is that what I said?

llagrok
Zoom's speed feats > Mercury's speed feats.

Zoom's speed feats > Ares' feats.

COMPRENDE RETARD?

Estacado
Recently Zoom was pwning Superman,Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan at the same time.I'm sure that Ares can take him down.haermm

Alfheim
Well thats just to bad we go by what has actually been done not what could be done and mercury hasnt shown speed formula+speed force wally speed while zoom has.

Well no you could go by what could be done for example sometimes fights between two characters are inconclusive but we can guess what the end result will be by what happened.

I would just expect an Olympian messenger of the gods who has to cross through dimensions to be able to travel faster than the speed of light. Some charactyers dont have alot of showings but you could possinly assume that they could do certain things depending on what their powerset is, for example all Heralds of G can travel at least at the speed of light.

Alfheim

COMPRENDE RETARD?

Yes im aware of that. This was my point just because it says in the bio that he cant travel faster than the speed of light does not make it so due to the fcat that bios are often wrong.

Also....

Well no you could go by what could be done for example sometimes fights between two characters are inconclusive but we can guess what the end result will be by what happened.

I would just expect an Olympian messenger of the gods who has to cross through dimensions to be able to travel faster than the speed of light. Some charactyers dont have alot of showings but you could possinly assume that they could do certain things depending on what their powerset is, for example all Heralds of G can travel at least at the speed of light.

Recently Zoom was pwning Superman,Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan at the same time.I'm sure that Ares can take him down.haermm

Which is exactly what I said....no I didnt, somebody just speculated that Ares might be able to get a hit in or two.

vlaaad12345

Many people can travel dimensions doesnt make them ftl,zoom is much beyond ftl since it took wally getting a double speed boost just to start catching him,no one on the avengers is that fast lets just leave it at that.

Alfheim
Many people can travel dimensions doesnt make them ftl,zoom is much beyond ftl since it took wally getting a double speed boost just to start catching him,no one on the avengers is that fast lets just leave it at that.

Of course not. All im saying is that due to his role I would expect him to at least be able to travel at the speed of light for example my herald example...they have to report to Big G alot so you would expect any Herald to be able to travel at the speed of light at least. So any Herald should be able to do this even if its not shown on panel.

vlaaad12345
Of course not. All im saying is that due to his role I would expect him to at least be able to travel at the speed of light for example my herald example...they have to report to Big G alot so you would expect any Herald to be able to travel at the speed of light at least. So any Herald should be able to do this even if its not shown on panel.
But those are heralds of g,a person who can hop dimensions doesnt have to be ftl and there isnt anything close to proving he is ftl,zoom beats all of avengers and very quickly.

starlock
i dont think anyone not even sentry can match zooms speed...that said i am not positive zoom can take out sentry with punches(even at supermans level)

Can zoom bfr people? his powers work off time manipulation and i am thinking can he(or has he) taken anybody to another time?

Instincts tell me Zoom for the win...but just incase sentry cant be K.Oed can he be bfr by zoom?

Alfheim
But those are heralds of g,a person who can hop dimensions doesnt have to be ftl and there isnt anything close to proving he is ftl,zoom beats all of avengers and very quickly.

Yes but my point was that Mercurys role is similar to the Heralds they have to travel vast areas very quickly so I would assume that Mercury would travel at least at the speed of light max because his job is similar to that of a herald.

As I said before The Avengers are most likely going to lose. I am just offering a suggestion that maybe Mercury is faster than we think.

Estacado
Originally posted by starlock
i dont think anyone not even sentry can match zooms speed...that said i am not positive zoom can take out sentry with punches(even at supermans level)

Can zoom bfr people? his powers work off time manipulation and i am thinking can he(or has he) taken anybody to another time?

Instincts tell me Zoom for the win...but just incase sentry cant be K.Oed can he be bfr by zoom?
Wonder Woman compared Zoom's punches to Superman's.

Alfheim

I would assume that not every pucnh was as powerful as Superman but the speed and the amount of punches were equivalent to Superman punches.

Tony Stark

confused

no

SENTRY=VOID=DEAD ZOOM

Estacado
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

no

SENTRY=VOID=DEAD ZOOM
no expression
Not really Greg.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

no

SENTRY=VOID=DEAD ZOOM
Sentry gets beat physically by people far weaker then superman level,and sentry has never called on the void in battle they are for all intents and purposes a seperate being.

llagrok

The only thing that could keep him from winning, is CIS. Which is pretty much the reason why he hasn't killed off most of the Justice League heroes.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by starlock

Instincts tell me Zoom for the win...but just incase sentry cant be K.Oed can he be bfr by zoom? I definitely think he can...He was bleeding due to a hit by Ultron. I'm sure he can be knocked out. And if anyone can possibly do it Zoom can.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Zoom gets hit by people becuz he is the biggest monologue in the history of comics. he doesnt' just want to kill people. He thinks he's doing them a service. On this forum, he'd be out for a win. You have to take that into consideration when talking about who's hit him.

Captain REX

COMPRENDE RETARD?

No comprende your bashing. Don't do it.

tkitna
Sentry hasnt mind rapped a single person in a fight its not going to start now,

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7291/newavengersannual01294sm.jpg

He also wiped his existance away from every living being on the planet earth (except for maybe Strange, I cant remember) so the capability is definatly there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7291/newavengersannual01294sm.jpg

He also wiped his existance away from every living being on the planet earth (except for maybe Strange, I cant remember) so the capability is definatly there.
And Firestorm is possibly the most powerful being on the planet.

tkitna
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
And Firestorm is possibly the most powerful being on the planet.

What does that have to do with anything about this thread?

Draco69
For clarification, Zoom gets hit because he WANTS to get hit.

Geoff Johns made this clear several times concerning Zoom.

He LETS heroes beat him if he thinks they've learned their "lesson" and have become a better hero.

A truly bloodlusted Zoom would not be bogged down by such moral codes as he has no interest in any of the Mighty Avengers.

Zoom was kicking the asses of the JLA by himself.

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69

He LETS heroes beat him if he thinks they've learned their "lesson" and have become a better hero.

A truly bloodlusted Zoom would not be bogged down by such moral codes as he has no interest in any of the Mighty Avengers.

what about wally v zoom when he knocked one zoom into the path of the other to save linda?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by pr1983
what about wally v zoom when he knocked one zoom into the path of the other to save linda?
Who on the Avengers is anywhere near the Speed of Wally?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What does that have to do with anything about this thread?

you didn't get it?

tkitna
A lot of ifs, ands, or buts. Is that what your getting at? If so, I agree!

nvrbeenwthagirl
A lot of ifs, ands, or buts. Is that what your getting at? If so, I agree!

Sentry is big if, what if, and's and buts.

Wally West

Zoom does not 'want' to get hit. He wants to make people better heroes, that doesn't mean he wants to let them beat the crap out of him, he has been hit before in situations he wouldn't want to be. He isn't untouchable, Wally has managed to keep up with him without any extra power ups or help.

We didn't see much of his fight with the League either, a panel of him hitting Superman and a panel of him hitting Wonder Woman doesn't mean he beat them, they didn't look to be in to bad a shape when Hal turned up so I don't think they were close to losing. Zoom hitting Batman, Hawkgirl, Red Arrow and whoever else doesn't really mean anything here.

I am not saying Zoom can't win here, I just don't think this fight is as one sided as some people are making it out to be, Sentry vs. Zoom alone should probably generate a good debate but even with huge back up here people just disregard the fight. Sentry does have a shot hitting Zoom, if hes just a Superman clone then he has a good chance of beating Zoom as well.

llagrok
The only one who could survive more than two of Zoom's punches would be The Sentry. Zoom's intention is VERY rarely just to beat the heroes, but he wants to make them suffer. If he truly wanted to beat Superman, he would.

tjcoady

What about JSA 8? Liberty Belle took him down.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by tjcoady
What about JSA 8? Liberty Belle took him down. well she became a better hero didn't she? She got over her fear and accessed the Speed Force didn't she. She became a better hero. So he let her beat her. Zoom is a bad guy by his methods but he's definitely one of the more complex villians out there. and the only one here that can possibly give him a little trouble is Sentry but I still see Zoom winning.

pr1983
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Who on the Avengers is anywhere near the Speed of Wally?

i was responding to draco's post more than making a guess at who would win...

rico777
THe Avengers get ko'ed by Zoom before they even realize that they got ko'ed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.