Thor versus Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Both have returned to Earth. Thor no longer holds back and Hulk is smarter and stronger, who wins in a showdown between a god and a freak of nature?!

no BFR.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/168666-thor_400.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Both have returned to Earth. Thor no longer holds back and Hulk is smarter and stronger, who wins in a showdown between a god and a freak of nature?!

no BFR.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/168666-thor_400.jpg

WWH

Badabing
I.......want.......to........say........Hulk.......smash........Thor.......but.......I.....can't.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by guy222
WWH
Gets owned?thor not holding back would destroy hulk.

janus77
Hulk. but I'm happy either way. Thor's looking awesome.

Hulk's just stronger, more durable, prolly smarter and definitely more interesting.

quanchi112
if this is wwhulk he wins. reg hulk would get owned by thor. if thor has any kind of amp he would prolly beat ww hulk but if its reg thor he loses.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk. but I'm happy either way. Thor's looking awesome.

Hulk's just stronger, more durable, prolly smarter and definitely more interesting.

stronger? no. Both have gone through significant power amps, and even before that neither one really had a clear limit on how strong they were. If Thor busts out the belt of strength (strength x2), Warrior Madness (strength x10), or anything similar though, it's no contest there.

More durable? No. Thor has insane durability feats easily up there with Hulk's best, if not more so.

Smarter? DEFINITELY not. Last time we saw Thor, he had obtained the full wisdom of the Runes. Whether he still has it or not is debatable, but that would put him head and shoulders above Hulk.

With all his equipment (Hammer, possibly belt, etc) Thor wins a clear majority. In just a slugfest where Thor forgets he has a magic hammer, a godforce blast, weather control, etc WWH would probably take it.

Thor 6 or 7 out of 10.

D-Block
Thor not holding back,using all his power would own Hulk.

What If...
That was an amazing Thor #3 - I lost all respect for Tony

....not that I had any shifty

MightyEInherjar
*sigh*

Thor 8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor not holding back,using all his power would own Hulk. he wouldnt whip ww hulks ass.

no way.

ww hulk is a beast.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by quanchi112
he wouldnt whip ww hulks ass.

no way.

ww hulk is a beast.

And Thor not holding back is just as much different as Savage is to WWH.

Thor not holding back is some seriously hardcore sh*t. He always holds back, just how Superman does, and when he decides he's done with that little charade, it's over for whoever he's fighting.

There's some scans of his recent comeback in the Ironman vs Thor thread in the Comic Books section.

masterbruce
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
And Thor not holding back is just as much different as Savage is to WWH.

Thor not holding back is some seriously hardcore sh*t. He always holds back, just how Superman does, and when he decides he's done with that little charade, it's over for whoever he's fighting.

There's some scans of his recent comeback in the Ironman vs Thor thread in the Comic Books section.

i saw the scans...while impressive, they arent conclusive that Thor can beat WWHulk since WWHulk would be capable of the same damage to Ironman

Space M ummy

no way.

ww hulk is a beast.

Properly written? This fight would last all of 30 seconds.

Thor opens up a godforce blast and obliterates the hulk. And Don't say b..b..but hulk's durability!! When it's been shown to crack celestial armor and shake planets.

WWH has NO SHOT against an all out Thor.

janus77
Originally posted by Space M ummy
stronger? no. Both have gone through significant power amps, and even before that neither one really had a clear limit on how strong they were. If Thor busts out the belt of strength (strength x2), Warrior Madness (strength x10), or anything similar though, it's no contest there.

More durable? No. Thor has insane durability feats easily up there with Hulk's best, if not more so.

Smarter? DEFINITELY not. Last time we saw Thor, he had obtained the full wisdom of the Runes. Whether he still has it or not is debatable, but that would put him head and shoulders above Hulk.

With all his equipment (Hammer, possibly belt, etc) Thor wins a clear majority. In just a slugfest where Thor forgets he has a magic hammer, a godforce blast, weather control, etc WWH would probably take it.

Thor 6 or 7 out of 10.
no way would Thor out strength Hulk, WWH arc or Savage. that's just out of question. the things Thor has going for him a far far far far better versatility, range, speed and several handy bfr options.
though I'm thinking exclusively in terms of a 'throw down' rather than an un-Thor-like, but efficient, battle at range.

honestly neither durability nor strength can be a contest. Hulk's just beyond Thor there, fullstop.

we're talking about a character who The Beyonder said was "like him" in that he possessed infinite power, who has time and again been shown to have no limits, when it comes to strength, regeneration and durability. Maestro even hints that he is immortal.

Estacado
Thor.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by janus77
no way would Thor out strength Hulk, WWH arc or Savage. that's just out of question. the things Thor has going for him a far far far far better versatility, range, speed and several handy bfr options.
though I'm thinking exclusively in terms of a 'throw down' rather than an un-Thor-like, but efficient, battle at range.

honestly neither durability nor strength can be a contest. Hulk's just beyond Thor there, fullstop.

we're talking about a character who The Beyonder said was "like him" in that he possessed infinite power, who has time and again been shown to have no limits, when it comes to strength, regeneration and durability. Maestro even hints that he is immortal.
THor constantly throws down and does good against people as strong as hulk and yes thor is more durable and stronger with his belt let alone wm,hulk gets destroyed by current thor who is not playing anymore.

D-Block

no way.

ww hulk is a beast.

Thor using all his powers wouldn't have to lay a finger on Hulk to win.

Apolloknight
Godblast to the chest FTW.

Gecko4lif
Thors magic hammer smashes hulk in the head so hard it knocks his brain into the next dimension

Thor wins by way of incapacitation

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Thors magic hammer smashes hulk in the head so hard it knocks his brain into the next dimension

Thor wins by way of incapacitation

Thor gets the win almost every time through BFR. His Hammer smashing Hulk isn't going to do that much damage to WWH, and Hulk will quickly recover and get stronger. Thor gets the win every time though through BFR and his wide variety of other abilities, not through pure physical strength and durability alone.

boriquaking55
If Thor didn't just get into a slugfest like some kind of idiot, and actually used all of his powers & versatility, he would not only beat Hulk - but he'd embarrass him every time.

llagrok
When swung hard enough, Mjolnir can crush ANYTHING. It decapitated Desak+destroyer armor with sufficient force. Thor can definitely kill the Hulk.

Thor 10/10

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Kutulu
Thor gets the win almost every time through BFR. His Hammer smashing Hulk isn't going to do that much damage to WWH, and Hulk will quickly recover and get stronger. Thor gets the win every time though through BFR and his wide variety of other abilities, not through pure physical strength and durability alone.

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorhulkthing20rf.jpg

boriquaking55
That was PIS, Thor shouldn't have ever lost an arm fighting those two bricks.

PIS I tells ya

llagrok
That happened off panel.

It was also the same Thor that rewrote history.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by boriquaking55
That was PIS, Thor shouldn't have ever lost an arm fighting those two bricks.

PIS I tells ya
not really..........it likly he ripped it off. After Logan slashed it it was pritty useless to him

llagrok
I think it's PIS that Wolverine can cut skyfathers.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by llagrok

Yea that

Battlehammer
why? his claws have cut pritty much any one he ever tried to cut........

you can think it pis if you want it still happened

llagrok
Originally posted by Battlehammer
why? his claws have cut pritty much any one he ever tried to cut........

you can think it pis if you want it still happened

He couldn't cut the Hulk's skin. Can Adamantium pierce the Hulk's skin? Yes, Wolverine just isn't strong enough to cut through the current Hulk's skin.

Wolverine shouldn't be strong enough to cut the likes of Thor w/odinforce and Thanos

Battlehammer
He couldn't cut the Hulk's skin. Can Adamantium pierce the Hulk's skin? Yes, Wolverine just isn't strong enough to cut through the current Hulk's skin.

Wolverine shouldn't be strong enough to cut the likes of Thor w/odinforce and Thanos

couldent cut hulks skinn.............wtf are you talking about.

He cut hulk and stabbed the shit out of him.............man now your just talking out your back end

maybe you should read the issue before speaking........hell x-23 was able to cut hulk

llagrok
Cut/stab his eyes.

Battlehammer
Cut/stab his eyes.
arm, shoulder, chest............go re read the issue

llagrok
Either way, Wolverine never got in any DEEP cuts, capable of rendering any limbs useless.

Battlehammer
Either way, Wolverine never got in any DEEP cuts, capable of rendering any limbs useless.

thats because hulk heals..........

he stabbed very deep into hulks arm.........

so pritty much every thing you just said you made up and were talking out your back end. how wonderful

llagrok
thats because hulk heals..........

he stabbed very deep into hulks arm.........

so pritty much every thing you just said you made up and were talking out your back end. how wonderful

Scans?

Battlehammer
do you know the websight that i can up load images on.

Battlehammer
http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92196991hl0pf4.jpg

that looks like slashes, blood and a stabb to me

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_017.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_018.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_019.jpg

Wolverine was able to get some small cuts in, no deep ones nor anyone that rendered the Hulk's arm useless.

Battlehammer
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_017.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_018.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_019.jpg

Wolverine was able to get some small cuts in, no deep ones nor anyone that rendered the Hulk's arm useless.

small ones? His claws were haft way through hulks arm...........

you said he could not cut hulks arm?

hulk also has a super fast healing factpor so the damage heals almost instantly not to mention his arm far larger then thor meaning it harder to hit vital area's. Thor arm one slash would hit a vital spot

llagrok
small ones? His claws were haft way through hulks arm...........

you said he could not cut hulks arm?

hulk also has a super fast healing factpor so the damage heals almost instantly not to mention his arm far larger then thor meaning it harder to hit vital area's. Thor arm one slash would hit a vital spot

Wolverine fanboys, funny D:

Wolverine does not possess the strength to cut Skyfathers. You can claim otherwise, but anyone with a shred of comic knowledge and respect on this board will claim otherwise.

Battlehammer
Wolverine fanboys, funny D:

Wolverine does not possess the strength to cut Skyfathers. You can claim otherwise, but anyone with a shred of comic knowledge and respect on this board will claim otherwise.
yet he done it........

then you said he was unable to cut hulk..........which again you were wrong. This seems to be a pattern with you.

My comic knowledge is quite good actaully.

all im saying is thor ripping off his own arm is not that big of a deal. People assume thing and hulk caused that damage to him, but Im pritty sure he ripped off his own arm after it was made useless.

Battlehammer
by the way thor wins this.

horrorwolf
Hulk as always.

Thor can not go toe to toe with Hulk, yet, he always tries and fails.

Hulk. 9/10

Battlehammer
I can't believe that was just said.........

llagrok
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Hulk as always.

Thor can not go toe to toe with Hulk, yet, he always tries and fails.

Hulk. 9/10

You're an idiot.

A big one at that.

yet he done it........

then you said he was unable to cut hulk..........which again you were wrong. This seems to be a pattern with you.

My comic knowledge is quite good actaully.

all im saying is thor ripping off his own arm is not that big of a deal. People assume thing and hulk caused that damage to him, but Im pritty sure he ripped off his own arm after it was made useless.

Slow today, are you? The pile of real life problems getting you down once again?

I never once claimed that Wolverine didn't cut Thor, I claimed that he shouldn't have been able to. I thought the Hulk wasn't cut by Wolverine, but then changed it into cut him deep, which he never did. As far as Thor's arm being useless goes. Thor can completely reanimate dead bodies and heal anything but the mind, how could he not heal his own arm? Sounds like PIS to me.

Battlehammer
You're an idiot.

A big one at that.

Slow today, are you? The pile of real life problems getting you down once again?

I never once claimed that Wolverine didn't cut Thor, I claimed that he shouldn't have been able to. I thought the Hulk wasn't cut by Wolverine, but then changed it into cut him deep, which he never did. As far as Thor's arm being useless goes. Thor can completely reanimate dead bodies and heal anything but the mind, how could he not heal his own arm? Sounds like PIS to me.
again with the cheap shots. Man your just sad.

Logan dident cut hulk deep..........really and how did you come to this conclusion I mean he only had about 6 inches into hulks arm with one of his stabbs maybe more.......6 inch cut is pritty dam deep.

did you ever read the issue? right after thor was cut doctor strange put a necklace that stripped thor of all but his most baic abilties. You should maybe read the issue..........this also seem to be a pattern with you

llagrok
again with the cheap shots. Man your just sad.

Logan dident cut hulk deep..........really and how did you come to this conclusion I mean he only had about 6 inches into hulks arm with one of his stabbs maybe more.......6 inch cut is pritty dam deep.

did you ever read the issue? right after thor was cut doctor strange put a necklace that stripped thor of all but his most baic abilties. You should maybe read the issue..........this also seem to be a pattern with you

And later on Thor would've been fully capable of restoring his arm.

Battlehammer
And later on Thor would've been fully capable of restoring his arm.

not when he had the necklace on..........

after the fight thor realizes what he did he restores reality the way it was.

you might wanna read the issue.

the Darkone
I love both but Hulk will lose to a all out Thor, Thor powers and abilities are ridiculous too the point of planet destroyer which he has done in his classic days and this Thor is suppose to better than his classic days said by current writer. Thor hammer could absorb all of Hulk radiation and revert him back to Banner in a matter of sec, unleashed the hammers full power which would disintegrate hulk to the point he can't heal back.

llagrok
not when he had the necklace on..........

after the fight thor realizes what he did he restores reality the way it was.

you might wanna read the issue.

Actually, I was referring to the reigning

Space M ummy
You're an idiot.

A big one at that.

The "wolverine cutting thor" feat belongs in the same pile as Bone claws wolverine cutting Thanos (!), Batman beating the Hulk via a "batkick", and Spiderman beating down firelord. Yes, it happened. Yes, it was horrendously out of character, badly written, and should really be ignored.

And I think it bears repeating that the Hulk is NOT demonstrably stronger than Thor is. Both are in the unlimited/immeasurable category, and can amp their strength via different means.

In a straight out slugfest, it's hard to say WHO would come out on top since you really can't say one is clearly stronger than the other. (both have planet shaking/planet busting strength) Hulk's healing factor would probably give him an edge in a brawl though, since it's better than Thor's is.

HOWEVER, a well written thor would NOT fight that way. He has magical energy attacks, force fields that can stop galaxy destroying bombs, matter manipulation ability, and the ability to swing and throw Mjolnir at FASTER than light speeds. True Adamantium is capable of cutting the Hulk. Uru is just as strong. backed by someone of Thor's strength level a light speed hammer throw would decapitate him, at LEAST.

llagrok
Originally posted by Space M ummy
The "wolverine cutting thor" feat belongs in the same pile as Bone claws wolverine cutting Thanos (!), Batman beating the Hulk via a "batkick", and Spiderman beating down firelord. Yes, it happened. Yes, it was horrendously out of character, badly written, and should really be ignored.

And I think it bears repeating that the Hulk is NOT demonstrably stronger than Thor is. Both are in the unlimited/immeasurable category, and can amp their strength via different means.

In a straight out slugfest, it's hard to say WHO would come out on top since you really can't say one is clearly stronger than the other. (both have planet shaking/planet busting strength) Hulk's healing factor would probably give him an edge in a brawl though, since it's better than Thor's is.

HOWEVER, a well written thor would NOT fight that way. He has magical energy attacks, force fields that can stop galaxy destroying bombs, matter manipulation ability, and the ability to swing and throw Mjolnir at FASTER than light speeds. True Adamantium is capable of cutting the Hulk. Uru is just as strong. backed by someone of Thor's strength level a light speed hammer throw would decapitate him, at LEAST.

He shoots....

He scores!!

horrorwolf
You're an idiot.

A big one at that.

so's your mom for getting knocked up by daddy, but thats not the issue here.

Hulk pwns Thor most every time they've fought. Maybe its due to poor writing, maybe not. So unless Hulk becomes bored, or friendly to Thor,

Hulk wins.

llagrok
Originally posted by horrorwolf
so's your mom for getting knocked up by daddy, but thats not the issue here.

Hulk pwns Thor most every time they've fought. Maybe its due to poor writing, maybe not. So unless Hulk becomes bored, or friendly to Thor,

Hulk wins.

Yeah dur

Just like how Firelord would lose to Spidey

the Darkone
Thor and Hulk fights have been pretty even they have won both of there share of wins over each other, but Thor never went all out or try too kill the Hulk becuase he doesn't want to take a life unless he really has too. Thor all out is capable of killing the hulk or any version out right, the hammer becomes more powerful when Thor gets really angry and he is not holding back Hulk will be in trouble bottom line,if Thor wanted to he could send Hulk too the center of the sun, let's be real here Thor has too many options, too many.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor and Hulk fights have been pretty even they have won both of there share of wins over each other, but Thor never went all out or try too kill the Hulk becuase he doesn't want to take a life unless he really has too. Thor all out is capable of killing the hulk or any version out right, the hammer becomes more powerful when Thor gets really angry and he is not holding back Hulk will be in trouble bottom line,if Thor wanted to he could send Hulk too the center of the sun, let's be real here Thor has too many options, too many.

BFR isn't allowed, per the OP. If it was this wouldn't even be a debate. smile

good point otherwise, though.

llagrok
The things a man can do with MM.

Hulk stands no chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.