Apocalypse (classic) vs. Firestorm (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
srug

masterbruce
Apoc grows to 100x and steps on Firestorm.

Galan007
Originally posted by masterbruce
Apoc grows to 100x and steps on Firestorm. FS can increase his size as well. smile

Evil_Ash
Not too familiar with Firestorm. What can he do?

Galan007
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Not too familiar with Firestorm. What can he do? Well I was thinking that he could change Apoc's shell into some sort of familiar compound, like peanut butter.

But I'm only familiar with the more current version of Apoc, the one who gets his ass wiped across the comic pages by MUCH lesser characters.

What can classic Apoc do?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Galan007
But I'm only familiar with the more current version of Apoc, the one who gets his ass wiped across the comic pages by MUCH lesser characters.

What lesser characters?

Galan007
What lesser characters? Cable. 313

stick out tongue

Anyhow,

Evil_Ash
Anyhow,

Classic Apoc?

Galan007
Classic Apoc? Meh,

The oldschool version who seemed to have the best record/feats?

llagrok
Cable. 313

stick out tongue

Anyhow,

When did this happen?

Cable held back the Silver Surfer.

Evil_Ash
Meh,

The oldschool version who seemed to have the best record/feats?

There are two versions of Apocalypse...

1. Louise Simonson's (creator of Apocalypse) version, that doesn't want to conquer the world, and was stated to be above villains such as Doom and Magneto.

2. '90's version, that wanted to conquer the world, and was a douchebag.

Galan007
There are two versions of Apocalypse...

1. Louise Simonson's (creator of Apocalypse) version, that doesn't want to conquer the world, and was stated to be above villains such as Doom and Magneto.

2. '90's version, that wanted to conquer the world, and was a douchebag. Ok then,

This is the first version you listed vs. current FS.

starlock
Instincts tell me firestorm for the win

Apocalypse has a respect thread just to let you know, but i dont see enough(or any) evidence apocalypse can effect things outside of his own body...he can make combustables to eneble him to turn into a rocket....but can he effect matter that is not his own body?

lol i will go and check out the respect thread just to refresh my memory.i dont want to look like a ignorant poster..usually i read them before i post...but i am at work and..well time is money..but if its close i will go with firestorm

llagrok
Ok then,

This is the first version you listed vs. current FS.

When was Apocalypse beaten by Cable?

Firestorm is supposed to be Trans+ level.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by llagrok
When was Apocalypse beaten by Cable?

Vs. Cable

This is Cable fighting not only for his life, but for his destiny. He is trying to destroy Apocalypse here and prevent his or any other horrible future that may occur due to Apocalypse. As stated, Cable's bones were breaking when he hit Apocalypse. Apocalypse doesn't get one hit, it's all Cable, then Cable uses a final attack, using all his energy in one Psimitar blast right on Apocalypse, it even mentions time and energy slowing down or stopping, and it does nothing. Apocalypse isn't harmed after all that, and he takes Cable down with one hit. Some may think Apocalypse having Cable step down by threatening Caliban was a sign of battle weakness, but the battle that just happened says otherwise. Cable was drained of power. Apocalypse and Wolverine agree it's be fruitless for Cable to continue the battle, and Apocalypse needed Cable alive, and relatively well as part of the Twelve. Apocalypse knew Cable would fight him until either himself or Cable died.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-22.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-24.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-26.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-27.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/martel/Cable075-28.jpg

llagrok
Yes, I've read the twelve, duh.

But Cable didn't defeat Apocalypse.

Evil_Ash
Yes, I've read the twelve, duh.

But Cable didn't defeat Apocalypse.

Yeah, but you were asking when Cable "beat" Apocalypse, and I posted the fight Galan was obviously thinking of. 313

LordKaos
I wouldn't necessarily call Cable a lesser character (actually I just plain wouldn't) since he was created just to kill Apocalypse in the first place. IMO Apocs machinations are foiled more then he is actually defeated and since his goal is to ensure only the strong survive it makes sense that he is foiled it keeps his game going.

Evil_Ash
Apocalypse pwned teh table!!!11 durfist

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/apocrushtable.png

Show me a feat by Firestorm on that level of power. dur

Erik-Lensherr
laughing

How .. brutal

masterbruce
god, it's so sad and pathetic what they've done to apocalypse...he should be a global, perhaps even, universal threat....not some little peon who runs meetings with a group of freaks and weirdos

Galan007
Of the 20 responses to this thread, none of them have been regarding who wins this... ermmdur

Evil_Ash
Of the 20 responses to this thread, none of them have been regarding who wins this... ermmdur

According to llagrok, current Firestorm is Transcendent level.

So, uh...

Spite? durermm

Galan007
According to llagrok, current Firestorm is Transcendent level. Transcendent level?

Evil_Ash
Transcendent level?

Skyfather

Firestorm is supposed to be Trans+ level.

Galan007
Skyfather I wouldn't say he's Skyfather level.

High-Herald level is how I've always thought of him.

boriquaking55
I think we need a thread that discusses just what all these names for levels are.

Transcendent level? I've never heard that one before, it's all getting very confusing.

Evil_Ash
I wouldn't say he's Skyfather level.

High-Herald level is how I've always thought of him.

According to the KMC list, he's Low-Herald. Like Apocalypse. 313

boriquaking55
According to the KMC list, he's Low-Herald. Like Apocalypse. 313

can you point me in the direction of this list?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by boriquaking55
can you point me in the direction of this list?

It's been here for some time...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

boriquaking55
Nice, that's where people are getting transcendent from. I had actually never heard that term before.

Galan007
According to the KMC list, he's Low-Herald. Like Apocalypse. 313 Meh,

Having the ability to transform any substance into an element of his choosing, being able to create wormholes/boom tubes from thin air, having the ability to travel from point A to point B instantly, able to see into the future through subatomic wormholes, can manifest enormous GL-esque constructs and use them against his opponents, has enough power to defeat an amped up Kalibak, , transmutation of living matter, ability to absorb energy, he can also change the type of energy blast used against him into something completely different, etc, etc...

More then low-herald imo.

Priest
Nice, that's where people are getting transcendent from.
I had actually never heard that term before.
Sub skyfather.
anyways Fire storm is hardly anything more than Herald.

boriquaking55
So, what level is "classic" Apoc? Low-mid? I just can't see him being placed under top-tier herald.

Priest
So, what level is "classic" Apoc? Low-mid? I just can't see him being placed under top-tier herald.
mid herald at the most i would say.

quanchi112
apoc dies hard and fast.

Bouboumaster
Firestorm is like Silver Surfer, but weaker. FS shitstomp Jobbercalypse.

llagrok
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Firestorm is like Silver Surfer, but weaker. FS shitstomp Jobbercalypse.

A weaker Silver Surfer wouldn't beat Apocalypse.

Superherovandal
Recently in the JLA wedding special. Batman said Firestorm is potentially the most powerful being on earth. Now that is something.

quanchi112
A weaker Silver Surfer wouldn't beat Apocalypse. yes he would.

ur giving apoc way to much credit here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Recently in the JLA wedding special. Batman said Firestorm is potentially the most powerful being on earth. Now that is something. I agree.

TricksterPriest
Give Apocalypse prep time and he would murder Firestorm and Silver Surfer.

No prep time? Decent fight, but Apocalypse loses unless he mindrapes FS. How good is FS against that? evil face

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Decent fight, but Apocalypse loses unless he mindrapes FS. How good is FS against that? evil face Has Apoc ever mindraped an intangible opponent? ...

Anyhow,

Firestorm also has fairly powerful telepaths bonded to the FS Matrix... I'd think said telepaths would offer pretty good TP-resistence... Enough at least to give Firestorm the time he needs to transform Apoc's shell into peanut butter. shifty

TricksterPriest
Has Apoc ever mindraped an intangible opponent? ...

Anyhow,

Firestorm also has fairly powerful telepaths bonded to the FS Matrix... I'd think said telepaths would offer pretty good TP-resistence... Enough at least to give Firestorm the time he needs to transform Apoc's shell into peanut butter. shifty

For the record, he has, but it was an off-chance at best. stick out tongue My boy Apoc is just outclassed in this fight without some prep time. srug

Galan007
For the record, he has, but it was an off-chance at best. stick out tongue My boy Apoc is just outclassed in this fight without some prep time. srug Honestly I don't know much about Apoc at all.

I made this thread, because I do know that when properly written, Apoc's up there in power.... But this is more a way for me to gauge Firestorm then anything.

In that one thread, he's ranked as low-herald level...

I however, would rank him a bit higher then that, based solely on what he has done on panel.

srug

TricksterPriest
I'd put Firestorm at around mid herald at least. The problem is, that Apocalypse is part potential, because marvel hasn't really revealed his full powers and abilities. We only know what he's done on-panel and a few things that were hinted at. Maybe if all the hype was true and the hints were followed up, then Apocalypse could take a majority.

As it is, Firestorm is a little too much for Apoc.

Evil_Ash
I'd put Firestorm at around mid herald at least. The problem is, that Apocalypse is part potential, because marvel hasn't really revealed his full powers and abilities. We only know what he's done on-panel and a few things that were hinted at. Maybe if all the hype was true and the hints were followed up, then Apocalypse could take a majority.

As it is, Firestorm is a little too much for Apoc.

Maybe it's time to vote him up to mid-herald level?

...Which I have actually been against for some time, but after coming across his feats, and going through them, I think he should be voted up.

But then again, I know no one would agree with anything regarding Apocalypse...

Harry Fingerman
A weaker Silver Surfer wouldn't beat Apocalypse. laughing out loud

Give Apocalypse prep time and he would murder Firestorm and Silver Surfer.

No prep time? Decent fight, but Apocalypse loses unless he mindrapes FS. How good is FS against that? evil face rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.