Roughouse vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
wins and who loses ?

Battlehammer
rough house wins

luke cage loses

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
rough house wins

luke cage loses

you repeated yourself

llagrok
Roughouse was strong.

Wolverine could only take a couple of hits from him.

Alfheim
I guess I give it a 6/10 split. They are both experienced Brawlers but I give Luke the edge because he has lots of experience and can fight dirty if he needs to.

King_Mungi
If Wolverine can knock Roughhouse out using just his simply fists I don't see why Cage can't do the same thing

llagrok
Originally posted by King_Mungi
If Wolverine can knock Roughhouse out using just his simply fists I don't see why Cage can't do the same thing

Because Wolverine used his claws in the end?

Wasn't that the whole point of Wolverine/Roughouse? Roughhouse always won until Wolverine used his claws.

King_Mungi
No he actually knocked Roughouse through a brick wall using just his fists not his claws

llagrok
No he actually knocked Roughouse through a brick wall using just his fists not his claws

There was one instance where Wolverine had to use his claws.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by llagrok
There was one instance where Wolverine had to use his claws.

I know, but there was another were he used his fists

NiņoAraņa
laughing out loud you guys are funny.

Battlehammer
rough house is faster, more agile, better reflexes, stronger, healing factor, more experienced.

rough hosue is better in pritty much ever way but durability which is still beyond bullet proof.

King_Mungi
Stronger is debatable at this point as Bendis has admited to giving Cage a rather large boost in power.

braz
Roughhouse, he gave Wolverine a hard time.

lando005
cage wins this easily

Soljer
Originally posted by braz
Roughhouse, he gave Wolverine a hard time.

He only gave Wolverine a hard time when Logan didn't use his claws.

In such a scenario, Luke Cage would ALSO give Logan quite a hard time.

guy222
Originally posted by Kazenji
wins and who loses ?

Cage FTW

Kazenji
I know, but there was another were he used his fists

Yep. Wolverine volume 2, #6

Wolverine knocks roughouse into a piller.

carver9
honesty, roughouse is everything cage is but more. He is more durable, 20 times more stronger, it was stated on panel that he was as strong as hulk (not enraged hulk) and he is the better fighter (fight using wrestling and street brawling technique.). I give this to roughouse 7/10.

And the only reason wolverine was able to do anything against roughouse with his fist was because wolverine has adamantium fist. I pretty sure the same trick would work against cage.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by carver9
honesty, roughouse is everything cage is but more. He is more durable, 20 times more stronger, it was stated on panel that he was as strong as hulk (not enraged hulk) and he is the better fighter (fight using wrestling and street brawling technique.). I give this to roughouse 7/10.

And the only reason wolverine was able to do anything against roughouse with his fist was because wolverine has adamantium fist. I pretty sure the same trick would work against cage.

and where is any of this stated?

no they really wouldn't

carver9
and where is any of this stated?

no they really wouldn't

I looked this up just for you.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Roughouse

Remember, cage can only lift 25 tons, roughouse has the strength of a calm hulk. It has always been like that and he is a brawler. On stats his fighting ability is at 5 and luke cage is at 3. Only adamantium can pierce his hide. He has stood still while a car hit him and didnt buldge.

carver9
I found this for ya also.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/glossary/showentry.asp?fldAuto=895

King_Mungi
I looked this up just for you.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Roughouse

Remember, cage can only lift 25 tons, roughouse has the strength of a calm hulk. It has always been like that and he is a brawler. On stats his fighting ability is at 5 and luke cage is at 3. Only adamantium can pierce his hide. He has stood still while a car hit him and didnt buldge.

I know about Roughouse, but getting knocked out with Wolverine's fists not claws is definetly in Luke Cage's ability to do the exact same thing to him.

Actually no he can lift more now as eluded thanks to Bendis, we don't know his top strength but Bendis stated everything has been augmented. Roughouse can still be knocked out by blunt force trauma, show me an example of someone say as strong as Wolverine doing that to Cage. You won't find any.

carver9
I know about Roughouse, but getting knocked out with Wolverine's fists not claws is definetly in Luke Cage's ability to do the exact same thing to him.

Actually no he can lift more now as eluded thanks to Bendis, we don't know his top strength but Bendis stated everything has been augmented. Roughouse can still be knocked out by blunt force trauma, show me an example of someone say as strong as Wolverine doing that to Cage. You won't find any.

I dont have to find any, I can tell you of one, Elektra was owning cage. You do know who caliban is right. Caliban has 25 ton strength and impressive durability and wolverine koed him also with just his fist. Wolverine knocked wendigo off of his feat with just his fist. Wolverine has punched a man through a solid wall with just his fist.

So youre telling me that a guy with 2 ton strength and adamtium bones cant punch the hell out of cage. If cage stands there, hes going to be hurt. http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29

Tells you about his strength and it also says in marvel encyclopedia that his strength is in the 2 ton range.

King_Mungi
I dont have to find any, I can tell you of one, Elektra was owning cage. You do know who caliban is right. Caliban has 25 ton strength and impressive durability and wolverine koed him also with just his fist. Wolverine knocked wendigo off of his feat with just his fist. Wolverine has punched a man through a solid wall with just his fist.

So youre telling me that a guy with 2 ton strength and adamtium bones cant punch the hell out of cage. If cage stands there, hes going to be hurt. http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29

Tells you about his strength and it also says in marvel encyclopedia that his strength is in the 2 ton range.

All you just mentioned neither knocked him out, they were hitting him but being indestructable and invulnerable prevents any real damage..AT ALL. Yes he punched him into a wall even underwater, but that doesn't put him over class 5. Hitting someone and doing damage is completly different, do you honestly believe his punch really affected Wendigo? So basically your saying Wolverine's punches can do more damage then a class 25 punch? hmmm..

and yet people stronger then him, and grenages and explosions didn't hurt Cage. So where is the logic behind a class 2 punch hurting him?

Who's? Wolverine? I believe he is, he does have impressive strength feats and holding the elevator I consider his best.

carver9
All you just mentioned neither knocked him out, they were hitting him but being indestructable and invulnerable prevents any real damage..AT ALL. Yes he punched him into a wall even underwater, but that doesn't put him over class 5. Hitting someone and doing damage is completly different, do you honestly believe his punch really affected Wendigo? So basically your saying Wolverine's punches can do more damage then a class 25 punch? hmmm..

and yet people stronger then him, and grenages and explosions didn't hurt Cage. So where is the logic behind a class 2 punch hurting him?

Who's? Wolverine? I believe he is, he does have impressive strength feats and holding the elevator I consider his best.

I didnt say that he can knocked the wendigo out but the wendigo did register the punch.

Cage is far from being indestructible, he's very durable but wolverine (just like iron fist) could cause some major damage.

Wolverine punches cant do more damage then a class 25 but wolverine fist is much more durable than a class 25. Its a adamantium, metal fist with 2 ton strength coming behind it. That would cause damage.

Alfheim
rough house is faster, more agile, better reflexes, stronger, healing factor, more experienced.

rough hosue is better in pritty much ever way but durability which is still beyond bullet proof.

How did you come to that assumption. You know that Luke is more than just bulletproof now right?

How do you know that Roughouse is more than what Luke Cage is? You do know hes a very experienced street fighter. Street fighting involves grappling and brawling you know.

Im pretty sure Luke has more experience than Roughouse has.

llagrok
Wolverine is not a 2 tonner. He did not knock Roughhouse out with his fist, but with the enviroment.

Roughhouse is stronger and more skilled than Cage and it's reasonable to believe that Cage wouldn't land many hits. Wolverine is far more skilled than Cage and faster/more agile to boot. Back when Roughhouse and Wolvie fought, Wolverine was almost as nimble as Spiderman.

Cage stronger than Roughhouse is pure speculation. We've got reason to believe that he has undergone an upgrade, but that does not necessarily mean that he's stronger than him. For Cage to be stronger, his strength must've been tripled.

Alfheim

Roughhouse is stronger and more skilled than Cage and it's reasonable to believe that Cage wouldn't land many hits.

Can you prove it?

llagrok
I've yet to see you bring up any scans Alfheim, like, ever. You claim that Luke Cage is at least as experienced as Roughhouse, but where are the scans? So far, Luke Cage has been shit. I haven't seen one skill display in New Avengers.

You're basically asking if I have any proofs that Rock Trolls have superhuman strength....

Citizen V
Cage utterly wrecks him.

Roughouse's "rep" is based on nothing but assumptions, he lacks any impressive feats or anything that would put him on Cage's level. All he really has under his belt is a series of embaressing defeats to Wolverine.

Kid Kurdy

And yet, Spider-Man beat Roughhouse (and Bloodscream) pretty easily. And Cage is stronger and more durable than Spider-Man.

Alfheim
I've yet to see you bring up any scans Alfheim, like, ever. You claim that Luke Cage is at least as experienced as Roughhouse, but where are the scans? So far, Luke Cage has been shit. I haven't seen one skill display in New Avengers.

You're basically asking if I have any proofs that Rock Trolls have superhuman strength....

No I think their is a misunderstanding. I should have specified what im concerned with is that you said Roughouse is more skilled.

Cage is an expreinced street fighter and has years of experience fighting along side superheroes. I dont think I need scans to prove iot because its just Cage's history. Has Roughouse ever been a member of the Fantastic Four has Roughouse ever worked with the Defenders?

King_Mungi
I didnt say that he can knocked the wendigo out but the wendigo did register the punch.

Cage is far from being indestructible, he's very durable but wolverine (just like iron fist) could cause some major damage.

Wolverine punches cant do more damage then a class 25 but wolverine fist is much more durable than a class 25. Its a adamantium, metal fist with 2 ton strength coming behind it. That would cause damage.

Registering a punch and feeling a punch are two different things, I could punch the Thing and he could register it doesn't meen he would feel anything, which he wouldn't.

He actually is said to be indestructable, the exact word was taken a few times from New Avengers.

Not really, hit someone with a aluminium bat and an adamintium bat...would there be a difference in damage? yes, but miniscual. What Wolverine needs is far more strength to actually use his adminintium fists giving them enough force to do serious damage, which he doesn't have.

jinzin

Well classic versions considered, Sabretoth overwhelmed Cage in the first portion of their fight.

jinzin
Originally posted by Alfheim
No I think their is a misunderstanding. I should have specified what im concerned with is that you said Roughouse is more skilled.

Cage is an expreinced street fighter and has years of experience fighting along side superheroes. I dont think I need scans to prove iot because its just Cage's history. Has Roughouse ever been a member of the Fantastic Four has Roughouse ever worked with the Defenders?

God you're such a hypocrite.. You don't need to probve Cage's skills because it's his history?

Yet roughouse who is described as a very skilled fighter in his bio needs to be proven a skilled fighter?

jinzin
Spiderman didn't really beat Roughouse, he knocked him off a ledge.. the same way Deathstroke "beat" Colossus really.

Personally I'm a bit torn here..
Part of me kind of looks at this thinking that Roughouse's superior strength, decent fighting ability, and longer reach all spell doom for Luke Cage.. but on the other hand Wolverine DID punch him out.. So I don't think it's impossible for Luke to win.. the only thing to consider here is When Wolverine KOed Roughouse, he did it after a prolonged fight in which he was taking punches from the brute.. Luke's shown to have a pretty decent inferiority to Logan in terms of durability, but mos of those direct comparisons come from AFTER Logan's adamantium removal stage. So it's hard to guage at this point....

King_Mungi
Originally posted by jinzin
Well classic versions considered, Sabretoth overwhelmed Cage in the first portion of their fight.

Well like you mentioned, classic Cage was just bulletproof and could press 1 ton. Iron Fist was shocked Cage lifted up a car, but Cage later revealed he did it as the engine wasn't in it.

Poor Sabretooth, back then I don't even think had a listed healing factor, but I could be wrong.

Spiderman didn't really beat Roughouse, he knocked him off a ledge.. the same way Deathstroke "beat" Colossus really.

Personally I'm a bit torn here..
Part of me kind of looks at this thinking that Roughouse's superior strength, decent fighting ability, and longer reach all spell doom for Luke Cage.. but on the other hand Wolverine DID punch him out.. So I don't think it's impossible for Luke to win.. the only thing to consider here is When Wolverine KOed Roughouse, he did it after a prolonged fight in which he was taking punches from the brute.. Luke's shown to have a pretty decent inferiority to Logan in terms of durability, but mos of those direct comparisons come from AFTER Logan's adamantium removal stage. So it's hard to guage at this point....

Spot on

Battlehammer
Here what we know.

Rough-house is the more experienced fighter

Rough-house is the superior fighter

Rough-house is stronger

Rough-house has a healing factor

Rough-house has greater reflexes

Rough-house is lacking in durability only slightly compared to Luke Cage

CaptainStoic
Rough-House will beat Cage more times than not, The Wrecker slapped Cage around like a toy, and I think Rough-House would more than likely do the same to him.

batdude123
Roughhouse.

Alfheim
God you're such a hypocrite.. You don't need to probve Cage's skills because it's his history?

Yet roughouse who is described as a very skilled fighter in his bio needs to be proven a skilled fighter?

Originally posted by Alfheim

Abilities:
Roughouse is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant, adept at STREET FIGHTING and BRAWLING.

Abilities:
Cage is a self-taught hand-to-hand combatant with years of street fighting experience

Please explain how Roughouse's bio makes him a better fighter than Cage. My point is that how is Rogughouse a better fighter, both their bios state that they are both skilled street fighters there is nothing to indicate that Roughouse is better.

My other point is that if anything it would seem that Cage has more experince because he has foguht along side alot of superheroes while Roughouse doesnt seem to have done this, sure has experience but I dont think he has the experience Cage has and that should give Cage the edge.

I dont know here this hypocrite thing is coming from.

Alfheim
edit, sorry.

Battlehammer
actaully alf rough-hosue ahs been fighting a lot longer then Luke cage. And unlike luke cage he was born with his abilities. He also a lot older then Luke cage and has been fighting along a meta human since before Luke was likly born

norrinradd43
cage wins...roughouse would have beat classic cage but not current

Battlehammer
please tell me why so one

weaker

slower

not as experience

nor as skilled

beats rough house?

Not to mention rough-house has superior reflexes

jinzin
actaully alf rough-hosue ahs been fighting a lot longer then Luke cage. And unlike luke cage he was born with his abilities. He also a lot older then Luke cage and has been fighting along a meta human since before Luke was likly born

what he said...

and please.. Cage has been fighting along side heroes for a long time. so what?

Roughouse has been fighting along side vampires and rock trolls. erm
The man's not exactly lacking in experience.

Alfheim

Actually that could be an assumption. Roughouse is part Asagaradian Rock Troll so that probably means he wil live longer that doesnt mean has career has lasted longer.

Just because he was born with his abilities that doesnt make him a better fighter in fact having powers would make H2H easier.

Ok if you can prove that his career started before Cage i'll go with that. Like for example Wolverine met him in WW2 or some **** like that.

Roughouse has been fighting along side vampires and rock trolls. erm
The man's not exactly lacking in experience.

He has I thought he was part rock troll not that he had fought alongside rocktrolls. Being a parther to a vampyre doesnt make you ahve more experience, all we know is that Bloodscream was his partner that doesnt mean he has loads of experience fighting supervillains like Luke has. Well correct me if im wrong.

jinzin
I'll have to go back through some comics but I could have sworn that some reference was made to roughouse about some great war.

Alfheim
I'll have to go back through some comics but I could have sworn that some reference was made to roughouse about some great war.

If thats so fair enough.

Battlehammer
it was. I try and find it as well.

It was also mention that Logan new rough-house prior to being a super hero which would mean prior to Luke cage having his abiltiies.

Alfheim
it was. I try and find it as well.

It was also mention that Logan new rough-house prior to being a super hero which would mean prior to Luke cage having his abiltiies.

Bro you do realise that having to fight without superhuman durability, strength and stamina will probably make you a better fighter because you have less advantages to help you.

Also im not sure if Roughouses experience will be enough to gain a heavy advantage over Luke. I know that Luke fought Orka, from what I know Orka is a member of the Atlnateanean royal guard, and Atlans are longer lived than humans so Orka has more experience. Cage was fighting him and didnt really seem to be having any problems during the fight Black Knight weakened with a blast but to be quite fair it didnt look like Luke was having any problems.

Sometimes experience helps as it does with Captain America, sometimes it doesnt I think if Thor was given Caps stats and foguht him H2H Cap would beat Thor. It seems in terms of fighting ability they are quite equal, Cage though is a dirtier fighter and used dirty tactics that actually hurt and blinded Wonderman,WM was holding back but he was not pretedning to be hurt, the tactics would have worked against an opponent that was as durable and strong but not as fast. This happened prior to his upgrade so I think im still giving Cage the win 6/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.