Blade vs Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Movie Versions, from the first original Blade and Predator movies.

Predator: plasma caster, wrist blades, speargun, cloak, biohelmet, medicomp.

Blade: shotgun, submachine gun, katana and 2 grenades. 1 pint of blood for regeneration.

the fights in the same jungles, just so we're clear.

quanchi112
blade

kevdude
Blade too

braz
I think it would be close, but Id say the Predator takes a majority. The only reason Arnold was able to beat him was because when he was running from him, he fell in that waterhole and got covered in mud so the Predator couldnt see him and left, giving Arnold time to prep. That probably wont happen with Blade. Hes not gunna be able to spot the Predator just like all the other soldiers, so the yautja could just take him out with the plasma caster cloaked.

guy222
Originally posted by braz
Movie Versions, from the first original Blade and Predator movies.

Predator: plasma caster, wrist blades, speargun, cloak, biohelmet, medicomp.

Blade: shotgun, submachine gun, katana and 2 grenades. 1 pint of blood for regeneration.

the fights in the same jungles, just so we're clear.

blade ftw

braz
Hows Blade gunna beat a Predator?

Darth Martin
Blade gets ****ed. Although it IMO Snipes Blade>>>>>>>Comic Blade in coolness.

JasonK4
Blade

braz
Hows Blade gunna beat a Predator?

spawnwest
Isn't Blade as fast as and as strong as a vampire.
Blade would be too fast for the Predator.

Blade FTW

braz
Originally posted by spawnwest
Isn't Blade as fast as and as strong as a vampire.
Blade would be too fast for the Predator.

Blade FTW

Yyeah, which is about as equal to being as fast and as strong as a Yautja alien.

Soljer
Yyeah, which is about as equal to being as fast and as strong as a Yautja alien.

Doubtful.

HumanMovieGuide
Quit watching AVP man. The speed of the predators in that film are a joke.

So Blade from the first film vs the original Predator? The predator definately. If this was a AVP predator, I would had sided with Blade. But this is the toughest predator portrayed on film. He owns guerilla soldiers, rescue teams and commando elites like they're nothing. You know how much damage silver bullets from a SMG is going to hurt this thing? As much damage as regular bullets from a SMG would, and that's very little.

You know what happens when Blade tries and shoot this thing? It will escape the barrage like it always does. Or will blow up/smash his weapons. Or disarm Blade literally. Then when Blade tries to escape this thing, and thinks it's safe. He's going to find his head pinned against a log with the predator standing right next to him. It did this all in the film, it will do it again here.

Although I do agree with Darth Martin, there's no better Blade than Wesley Snipes.

rico777
Blade wins this

Darth Martin
Care to explain how?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by HumanMovieGuide

So Blade from the first film vs the original Predator? The predator definately. If this was a AVP predator, I would had sided with Blade. But this is the toughest predator portrayed on film. He owns guerilla soldiers, rescue teams and commando elites like they're nothing. You know how much damage silver bullets from a SMG is going to hurt this thing? As much damage as regular bullets from a SMG would, and that's very little.

You know what happens when Blade tries and shoot this thing? It will escape the barrage like it always does. Or will blow up/smash his weapons. Or disarm Blade literally. Then when Blade tries to escape this thing, and thinks it's safe. He's going to find his head pinned against a log with the predator standing right next to him. It did this all in the film, it will do it again here.

Although I do agree with Darth Martin, there's no better Blade than Wesley Snipes. Good to see you back!

Yea the bullets will have no damage. The Yautja's blades would cut right though the ones Blade has. Also the ped could snipe anything wih the speargun. Blade has no defense against the pred. IMO Captain America would fair better against a Yautja than Blade would not because of physical stats but because of his shield.

braz

Although I do agree with Darth Martin, there's no better Blade than Wesley Snipes.

I agree with this.

Barbarian Shams
The Yautja in AvP were noobs, and they sucked period.

The pred in the first movie was one fast mofo, and his superior weaponry will easily rend anything Blade has to sunders. Now if this was the new pred from AvP 2, then it would be a no contest because that guys even more skilled than the first Pred.

Anyways, Blade gets the Arnold Scharwzenegger treatment: A first class beat down and then one of several methods of death: A head crush, a neck snap, or just plain beaten to death.

Pred wins 8/10.

HumanMovieGuide
Thanks for welcoming me back guys.

I just decided to take a look at this site again one day and saw a few threads I wanted to reply to like this and the one involving Wolverine's team in the Terminator's future. I disagree on the Captain America part however. All the pred has to do is knock the shield away from Cap and he's done for after that.

And yay the Strause bros wanted the predator in the new film to be as tough as the original one. Plus he's getting some new weapons too big grin . I just hope they don't make the aliens look too bad, because I like them too. By the way did any of you guys seen the trailer of Aliens vs Predator: Requiem on youtube? The bros said they were planning on bringing the franchise back to it's roots, and the film does have the same feel to it like Aliens.

I'm just wondering, this site became slightly less strict on what you're allowed to post here. Do you guys think the mods will let me post my custom made team on here? I did on another site, but didn't get any replies. The team involved 3 video game characters, and the other 5 are from cartoon shows. They were facing off against 3 anime characters, 4 comic characters and 1 cartoon character.

Barbarian Shams
As a manner of fact HumanMovieGuide, I have seen the AvP 2 Redband trailer many times, I downloaded it the day it came out on IGN. It looks totally awesome, and it appears to be a redemption for the blasphemy that AvP was. Wolf as he is called, seems to be more like the clan leader Dachande from AvP Prey in terms of overall look and experience. He is what I would call an exterminator, a Pred who's task is to wipeout Alien infestations that get out of hand. The new whip weapon just totally looks cool, and the new larger shuriken look totally barbaric in the trailer.

Predator wins.

braz
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
As a manner of fact HumanMovieGuide, I have seen the AvP 2 Redband trailer many times, I downloaded it the day it came out on IGN. It looks totally awesome, and it appears to be a redemption for the blasphemy that AvP was. Wolf as he is called, seems to be more like the clan leader Dachande from AvP Prey in terms of overall look and experience. He is what I would call an exterminator, a Pred who's task is to wipeout Alien infestations that get out of hand. The new whip weapon just totally looks cool, and the new larger shuriken look totally barbaric in the trailer.

Duuude, so hes like a clan leader??? Thats freakin awesome, cuz yeah I just finished reading Prey and yeah, Dachande was the SHIT. This is just what I was hoping: That the new Predator was gunna be at least better than the other ones we've seen on screen. Hell yes, Im soo pumped for this movie now. Even more. cool Happy Dance

KMC_Drifter
Well, I'm not sure if the Predator has any more physical strength than Blade has. They may be even in that department. So, I think the Predator will be rocked by Blade's martial arts skills...enhanced by his strength.

Also, would the Predator be able to "see" Blade? Does Blade have the abnormal low body temperature of vampires(undead)? If so, the Predator may have trouble detecting Blade...much like the Predator missed Arnold when he was covered in mud.

Barbarian Shams
Duuude, so hes like a clan leader??? Thats freakin awesome, cuz yeah I just finished reading Prey and yeah, Dachande was the SHIT. This is just what I was hoping: That the new Predator was gunna be at least better than the other ones we've seen on screen. Hell yes, Im soo pumped for this movie now. Even more. cool Happy Dance

Wolf's going to essentially be the movies version of Dachande, minus being a clan leader in all except for experience and skill which he has plenty of. The Strause Brothers have made repeated references to how he's going to look like he's been through like a thousand battles coming into this movie, and that Wolf is fully aware of what's at stake in Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. The battle with Chet, the female Predalien will be a centerpiece if you've been going to AvP websites and keeping up with the news. If he has to die which I somewhat doubt, he will go out fighting like Dachande did.

Anyways, I feel Blade's still screwed in this, being half-human would mean that his body temperature should be slightly warmer than a full-blooded vampire, meaning that he could get detected by the thermal vision.

Arnie's mud wouldn't have made him invisible in real-life to thermalvision because his body heat would've warmed up the mud, revealing his presence to the Yautja hunter.

braz
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Well, I'm not sure if the Predator has any more physical strength than Blade has. They may be even in that department. So, I think the Predator will be rocked by Blade's martial arts skills...enhanced by his strength.

Also, would the Predator be able to "see" Blade? Does Blade have the abnormal low body temperature of vampires(undead)? If so, the Predator may have trouble detecting Blade...much like the Predator missed Arnold when he was covered in mud.

I believe that thoughts crossed my mind before, but I wasnt sure: Are vampires(or vamp-humanoids like Blade) cold-blooded? confused

Barbarian Shams
Blade movie vamps definitely were cold-blooded being somewhat undead and all. But Blade himself is half-human, and so I believe that would make him more human in this regard than vamp. Despite having the physical powers of vamps, he still has the normal human aging process, and it is reasonable to believe that his body temperature is more in line with a normal humans going by this logic.

spawnwest

I haven't seen more than 15 minutes of AVP. After the first 15 minutes I turned that crap off.

I don't think Predator is as fast as a vampire and I'm not sure if he could see Blade because his body temperature is lower than most human beings.

These two fighting with weapons would be pointless. Blade would be too fast to hit and too hard to detect and the Predator would be cloaked.

For the most part Blade usually fights with a sword and since Predators fight with honor he wouldn't even use his firepower against Blade.

This would be a straight up fist and sword fight and Blade would win.

HumanMovieGuide
I've have Predator 1 and seen Blade 1 and 2 many times.

First the issue of speed. The predators in the first two films are definitely faster than the average vamps Blade fights. Blade's faster and stronger than the average vamp however because he trains for it. However the original predator can easily match Blade's speed as seen in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8h4qCO7c4

Never recalled Blade ever moving so fast it looks like he's moving at top speeds, while the other person appears to be moving in relative slow-mo.

Second issue strength. Now predators don't show any problems breaking through steel and concrete in any film. In the second film it broke through the train roof no problem. Then ran through multiple apartment walls, the metal elevator, and made a hole in the thick concrete at the bottom. In AVP (even though I don't like this film) the aliens and predators were breaking the pillars, walls and floor of the stone pyramid they were in. Can't remember Blade ever showing strength this impressive. Plus they (or atleast this guy) disembowels bodies and rips apart skeletons like nobody's business.

Third issue can the Predator see Blade. I say yes it definitely can. I can't remember which Blade film it was, it might possibly been the TV series. They showed vampires under infrared, and their main heat signature are green. Then their is the mud part. Barbarian Shams is correct about the body heat warming up the mud. The first film only slightly acknowledged this at the end when the Predator sneaked up behind Arnie and it was able to several cracks of body heat coming out of the mud. Plus this dude has a knack for seeing trip wires, metal equipment and things that don't blend in with the environment. And look at the aliens. They don't show up on infrared at all, but the preds can still detect them. This isn't even factoring in it's motion sensors and enhanced sound.

Final issue that silly honour code. Well it varies on the pred itself. The comics really gone overboard with it from what I heard. The only honour this one really has is kill the toughest prey first. This guy basically kills any prey it can find. Like how when Anna said the predator pays a visit to the area where she lives once and a while everytime it gets hot and kills the people around there. As for the dropping its weapons for Arnie, you really have to see it through the Pred's point of view. Every soldier around the region is now dead. Here's his biggest prize and last survivor. Could be weeks or months before anymore soldiers comes along. Your prize is completely unarmed, would you choose to kill him quickly or have a little fun before having to wait for more people? Besides Blade uses his guns alot of the time. Only time he uses the sword is if he's out of ammo or has to deal with lots of enemies at close range. Look at the club scene at the beginning of the first film. He was fighting alot of vamps coming up to him with his shotgun.

Plus Blade with his strength might hurt the predator with his kung fu, but I'm leaning more towards not. The Preds in both 1 and 2 took a grenade explosion at point blank range, and didn't even shed blood.

snoopdogg
I'd go with Blade with just swords and h2h combat. With guns I'd still might go with Blade.

braz
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
Wolf's going to essentially be the movies version of Dachande, minus being a clan leader in all except for experience and skill which he has plenty of. The Strause Brothers have made repeated references to how he's going to look like he's been through like a thousand battles coming into this movie, and that Wolf is fully aware of what's at stake in Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. The battle with Chet, the female Predalien will be a centerpiece if you've been going to AvP websites and keeping up with the news. If he has to die which I somewhat doubt, he will go out fighting like Dachande did.

Anyways, I feel Blade's still screwed in this, being half-human would mean that his body temperature should be slightly warmer than a full-blooded vampire, meaning that he could get detected by the thermal vision.

Arnie's mud wouldn't have made him invisible in real-life to thermalvision because his body heat would've warmed up the mud, revealing his presence to the Yautja hunter.

Man thats gunna be so cool.

For the heat thing, Id say the Predator would find him before Blade spots him. So the Yautja wins.

Darth Martin
The Yautja has Blade beat in all areas. End of story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.